It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Uh huh — one video of a little black girl saying Ariel is supposed to be white and laughter from adults in the background.

A video. How convenient it was recorded.

It must have been a Black conservative family, they are the worst, right? lol

Please show me a video where a little Black girl says OMG! Finally a Black Ariel!!!

All you need to do is to use your logic here to understand if you completely change the iconic character you come to know and love it is no longer that character... With kids, it is even more defining.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You can stay STUCK all you want.

I choose to accept, progress, and enjoy creativity and new ideas.

I choose WOKE over STUCK.

Turning Ariel into a Black Ariel is the creativity you are looking for? Geez that is sad...

I too agree with new ideas, so PLEASE Hollywood come up with some!!! The 8th Spiderman just isn't doing it for me, and neither is remaking classics into something no one cares about or recognizes. And for God's sake, at least maybe make the storyline good. I already said the worst part about The Little Mermaid was it actually was a horrible movie even if Ariel had red hair.

I already told you that your idea of progression is to just throw the baby out with the bathwater. Maybe if you backed off from your change it's all NOW! mentality we would find something we could agree on. I'm far from stuck in anything, even my career is ever-changing, so my life is constantly in a fluid motion and even with that you hardly make any sense to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The irony for me is that the character is called Snow White because she has snow white skin. How then can someone who is not white play the role? They would have to change the name surely?
Having said that we do live in a topsy turvy world where boys and girls are meaningless terms so perhaps it's the same with black and white and now snow can be any colour you like.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So far the only reason I'm seeing is because she's 50% Colombian. Apparently not being 100% white means you can't take anything from white culture. However, even if you're 0% German you can take whatever you want from German culture as long as you're 100% white.

In other words her blood isn't pure enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You can stay STUCK all you want.

I choose to accept, progress, and enjoy creativity and new ideas.

I choose WOKE over STUCK.

Turning Ariel into a Black Ariel is the creativity you are looking for? Geez that is sad...

I too agree with new ideas, so PLEASE Hollywood come up with some!!! The 8th Spiderman just isn't doing it for me, and neither is remaking classics into something no one cares about or recognizes. And for God's sake, at least maybe make the storyline good. I already said the worst part about The Little Mermaid was it actually was a horrible movie even if Ariel had red hair.

I already told you that your idea of progression is to just throw the baby out with the bathwater. Maybe if you backed off from your change it's all NOW! mentality we would find something we could agree on. I'm far from stuck in anything, even my career is ever-changing, so my life is constantly in a fluid motion and even with that you hardly make any sense to me.

Ariel is a fictional mermaid.

What difference does her ethnicity make?

What are you really so adamantly holding onto here, like a vice grip?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I say lets cast Henry Caville as Black Adam!!!!

Those in favour say i!

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Why not? It's not like The Rock is Egyptian.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

So far the only reason I'm seeing is because she's 50% Colombian. Apparently not being 100% white means you can't take anything from white culture. However, even if you're 0% German you can take whatever you want from German culture as long as you're 100% white.

Spin it as you want... She is Maria in West Side Story, and blood has nothing to do with it if your name is Snow White. It is about changing the characters from what they are. As I said, They wouldn't make Dora the Explorer a Blond White Girl, because Dora is Hispanic.

How do you explain the Black Ariel? Same concept...

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

And she won awards for her performance in West Side Story. Why wouldn't Disney want to hire an extremely talented actress that's the spitting image of Snow White in costume?

I've already explained Ariel to you. Halle Bailey was far and away the most talented person that auditioned. So much so that they had her do the vocals for multiple members of the cast.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

What are you really so adamantly holding onto here, like a vice grip?

I have repeated it 20 times now. For the last 20+ pages, I'm just been replying to you and the like. Here it goes for the 21st time ...lol

When you physically change a character it is no longer that character. Wave your magic wand and now Ariel is Black and so it isn't Ariel anymore, this is so simple it's stupid. Hollywood wants to recast everything canceling the original that everyone has come to know and love, and so far it isn't working as they are a billion dollars in the red.

I don't want Dora to become a White Blond trans female either... I love Dora for being Dora...

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

And she won awards for her performance in West Side Story. Why wouldn't Disney want to hire an extremely talented actress that's the spitting image of Snow White in costume?

I've already explained Ariel to you. Halle Bailey was far and away the most talented person that auditioned. So much so that they had her do the vocals for multiple members of the cast.

I can't believe that you think characters that have a developed history can just be interchanged at will with no one seeing the change.

So if talent/fame is the primary thing then there is no such thing as cultural appropriation, right? There is no such thing as forcing diversity/inclusivity either, right?

I'm just trying to get this all correct as the narrative has been a good deal different, but now it seems it is all OK.

edit on 20-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Why not? It's not like The Rock is Egyptian.

So let's say The Rock plays the Black Adam over and over then in Black Adam 5, they replace The Rock with some Blond White guy... No issues, no one will say a thing? Everyone will just love the new change...lol

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Nope nope nope

Does it not ring a bell when the entire cast is changed to include gender queer forest creatures? There is nothing like this in the original story and none of this woke nonsense.
edit on 20-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
28 pages and still the radical left doesn't want to concede they've lost this argument and can't justify the changes Disney is trying to make by introducing this woke nonsense in the play.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

When you physically change a character it is no longer that character. Wave your magic wand and now Ariel is Black and so it isn't Ariel anymore, this is so simple it's stupid.

WOW! You must HATE the Broadway musical "Hamilton" then. LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

The irony for me is that the character is called Snow White because she has snow white skin. How then can someone who is not white play the role? They would have to change the name surely?
Having said that we do live in a topsy turvy world where boys and girls are meaningless terms so perhaps it's the same with black and white and now snow can be any colour you like.

Are you trying to reason with the woke?!

How can someone who isn't white can olay the role of Snow White?

How can someone be a man but now decides he is a woman and everyone else must accept it otherwise they are bigots, far right extremists, transphobes, racists.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What's being changed? It's a white girl playing a white girl.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

WOW! You must HATE the Broadway musical "Hamilton" then. LOL

No clue about your point and even you can't be this obtuse as much as your replies seem to be. They can make any musical any way they want to, that isn't the point. It's a pretty progressive spin on history, so it appeals more powerfully to moderate progressives, but that is how it was made. The interesting part is most of the main cast has played the same roles throughout Hamilton...We can also suggest Batman/Superman has changed people a good deal, but the under linning character hasn't changed....yet... Give it time.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What's being changed? It's a white girl playing a white girl.

Its people like you asking the same questions over and over and then complaining we are pushing 28 pages. Maybe go back and read the other pages...Just some advice.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The other 28 pages where you guys are dancing around the fact that her genetics aren't white enough for you even though she looks exactly like Snow White when she's in costume?

Something tells me you guys wouldn't be concerned about "confusing kids" if they had cast a blonde surfer girl from California.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join