It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

What's "unfortunate" for you that is.

Is that the lady below is going to play the part of "Snow White".

You do not like the fact that she is not white enough(Which quite frankly is simply racist) and there is nothing you can do about it.

And the parallel between White Jesus and Brown Snow White is again perfectly self-evident.

Taking someone else's (other cultures) fairy tales and alter them or change them completely to suit the woke culture is not comparable to the case of Jesus.

Yes it is.

It's really an absurd point you have made.

Well if it's "absurd points" you are after, caring about the skin pigmentation of fictional characters, ticks the box.
edit on 20-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So where do you stand regarding the Qanon cult if you don't mind being asked and just out of curiosity?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
Caselotti is Italian-American. Why is it not cultural appropriation for her to play the lead character from a German fairy tale but it is for someone that is Polish-Colombian?

Go back and read the 26 pages and get your answer, This has been asked already.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What's "unfortunate" for you that is.

Is that the lady below is going to play the part of "Snow White".

You do not like the fact that she is not white enough(Which quite frankly is simply racist) and there is nothing you can do about it.

And the parallel between white Jesus and Brown Snow White is again perfectly self evident.

Taking someone else's (other cultures) fairy tales and alter them or change them completely to suit the woke culture is not comparable to the case of Jesus.

Yes it is.

It's really an absurd point you have made.

Well if its "absurd points" you are after, caring about the skin pigmentation of fictional characters ticks the box.

Ah I see how this goes.
Whoever doesn't like the asinine attempts by Disney is now a racist. You trying to play the racist card? Means you have no other arguments. But on the other hand this is page27 and the reason it has gone so long it's because the radical left can't accept the gaffe by Disney which isn't the first one btw

Disney had some serious box office failures last year. Light Year and Strange World were both massive failures. It could be that Disney+ subscribers just weren’t excited about what Disney had to offer. Then again, these two films, in particular, were heavily criticized for their “woke ideology,” so perhaps it comes full circle.

There is no parallel between Jesus and Snow White. It's only you who has drawn this parallel.

We all know how this 'adaptation' will do. Who is going to watch the brown princess and the gender queer forest creatutmres? When it's so obvious Disney has gone woke again trying to alter a fairytale for political reasons.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I want you to concentrate on what nickyw said to you and what I said which was very similar

You highlight the issue pretty well yourself as even you see the skin tone change as a deliberate imposition, the thing with that comment is that jesus is an ambiguous figure so that all cultures can portray him as their own, which is not the same as adapting one cultures folk tales and alter them to suit a political point to impose on others.

as a Scot i am surprised you fail to see the similar way the english Victorians recreated your culture to suit their tastes as i can see it in reference to the damage they did to mine.

I think anyone can see there are no parallels between Jesus and Snow White.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Threadbare
Caselotti is Italian-American. Why is it not cultural appropriation for her to play the lead character from a German fairy tale but it is for someone that is Polish-Colombian?

Go back and read the 26 pages and get your answer, This has been asked already.

27 pages because the radical left tries to defend the indefensible..

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Went pages with you now AlienBorg, unfortunately i need to go do some work.

Suffice to say i think you have made your proclivities regarding Rachel Zegler playing the part of Snow White perfectly clear.

She's not quite white enough by your guess which is obviously a problem for you where the portrayal of fictional characters from fairy tales is concerned.

Again the parallel between White Jesus and Brown Snow White is plain as day, and if you bother to go back and read the entirety of your own thread i think you may find i am not the only one the raised concern there, which is another thing you seem to have got wrong.

On that note, i really need to be picking up stix and going to get stuff done.

Have a nice day.

edit on 20-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: olaru12

I ve told you, people who don't have issues with this film are those who align with the radical left

So I guess it would be fair to say that those that have issues with this film are racist, white supremacist, aligned with the Qanon cult.

People who don't align with the radical left will have an issue with the asinine plans by Disney.

Disney is a corporation, making decisions on what they think will show the greatest return/profit, if they succeed or fail
it's just Capitalism in action. What do you want...A government oversite committee making artistic decisions for business, like China?

If you don't like the state of entertainment...Change it, join us and make your feelz real.

www.finaldraft.com...

I frequently work for Disney and I despise their corporate model but I know that whine on the www, would be a fools enterprise.

edit on 20-7-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
They should use an albino for skin as white as snow. That would be inclusive too.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well, there you go... Pick the picture that shows her the lightest to make your point. Get her under bright lights and then say look she Snow White...lol

The reality is it isn't so much her as it is everything around it all. I think if this was all they did and left in the Prince and Dwarves, and didn't have a few years already canceling iconic toons while pushing the LGBTQIA+++ agenda in everything her not being white as Snow wouldn't be much of anything other than she doesn't 100% fit the part as her name suggests.

This all goes back to the question of why they feel the need to change iconic toons and storylines without trying to invent new ones instead. If they came out with a Dora the Explorer movie and all of a sudden Dora is a Blond White girl or even a Black afro trans female, kids would say who the hell is that? It's not Dora!

These are adults pushing this, not kids. There weren't all these Black girls asking for a Black Ariel as they looked confused because THEY KNOW Ariel has red hair...lol it's all so stupid as adults push their own crazy agendas onto kids thinking that is what kids want.

edit on 20-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So where do you stand regarding the Qanon cult if you don't mind being asked and just out of curiosity?

Why is it a cult? Do they have bylaws and such?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Disney is a corporation, making decisions on what they think will show the greatest return/profit, if they succeed or fail
it's just Capitalism in action. What do you want...A government oversite committee making artistic decisions for business, like China?

We all know it has gone beyond making a buck, otherwise, they wouldn't be doing it. When you alienate 60%+ (in some cases 80%+) of your customers it just doesn't go well.

It is no longer talent that drives any of this. If you do not build a massive level of diversity and inclusivity into your projects you will not be eligible for any awards no matter how good your film may be. To add on top of that we see Hollywood has a much different viewpoint of what is the norm, and they tend to think the whole world is like them when the reality is they tend to be extreme in everything compared to the rest. I have joked that if the world was like them then only 10% would actually be straight...lol

edit on 20-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Whataboutism for once more.
Avoiding the issue.

24 pages because the radical left can't accept they've lost the argument and can't defend their radical views and the fact the woke ideology is in big trouble.

According to YOU.

YOU have spoken!

Guess what. It’s meaningless when no one listens.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

They keep trying these gotchas that are not gotchas...

1. Grimm stories are originally dark...
2. Dwarves had different names
3. The original singer in the classic was 1/2 Italian. BTW That is kind of funny because what we think as Italian is actually Sicilian since that is who mostly immigrated here. Many Italians are Blond Blue eye too.

In the end, it doesn't matter because the little Black girl looks and says who is that! That isn't Ariel!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You can stay STUCK all you want.

I choose to accept, progress, and enjoy creativity and new ideas.

I choose WOKE over STUCK.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Avoiding the issue.

24 pages because the radical left can't accept they've lost the argument and can't defend their radical views and the fact the woke ideology is in big trouble.

According to YOU.

YOU have spoken!

You do and so does everyone else who participated. My thread seems to be attractive to members and I am pleased with this.

27 pages now.
A lot of comments but it's evident the radical left can't justify the super gaffe by Disney who decided to go woke. Excuses upon excuses, even Jesus was mentioned in an attempt to save the day for the radical left ideology.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

In the end, it doesn't matter because the little Black girl looks and says who is that! That isn't Ariel!!!

Uh huh — one video of a little black girl saying Ariel is supposed to be white and laughter from adults in the background.

A video. How convenient it was recorded.

link   

If you don't like the state of entertainment...Change it, join us and make your feelz real.

Or just me and my 300 million closest friends just don't see it...

Bud Lite anyone?

link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

You can stay STUCK all you want.

I choose to accept, progress, and enjoy creativity and new ideas.

I choose WOKE over STUCK.

It's not new ideas.

It's actually racist to think that skin color is an actual change or progress.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Avoiding the issue.

According to YOU.

YOU have spoken!

You do and so does everyone else who participated. My thread seems to be attractive to members and I am pleased with this.

27 pages now.
A lot of comments but it's evident the radical left can't justify the super gaffe by Disney who decided to go woke. Excuses upon excuses, even Jesus was mentioned in an attempt to save the day for the radical left ideology.

Trust me — I do not listen to you.

LOL — Jesus is always mentioned on ATS threads.

Are you new?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join