It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

I'm not the one butthurt over Snow White not being white enough.

And i think you may find I've asked you a few times to address your so-called saviors colour being somewhat out of kilter and you have not even bothered to touch that conundrum.

If it's good enough for Jesus to be depicted as white then Snow's skin colour change should not be that much of an imposition.

Have a nice day.

edit on 20-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Once again, she is 50% Polish and an award winning singer-actress. Why do you have such a hard time believing she was the best person for the role just because her blood isn't pure enough in your view?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Cards on the table.

Because she's not saying the 14 words would be my bet.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

Once again, she is 50% Polish and an award winning singer-actress. Why do you have such a hard time believing she was the best person for the role just because her blood isn't pure enough in your view?

That's not the issue.
We all know what the issue is btw.

Disney is trying hard to be 'inclusive' and bring the woke ideology to their scripts and plays.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Oh I'm 50% Polish/German/Austrian and 50% British -
Sometimes mutts make for very interesting people!

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm not the one butthurt over Snow White not being white enough.

And i think you may find I've asked you a few times to address your so-called saviors colour being somewhat out of kilter and you have not even bothered to touch that conundrum.

If it's good enough for Jesus to be depicted as white then Snow's skin colour change should not be that much of an imposition.

Have a nice day.

We're on page25 because the radical left ideology tries to rewrite culture and history and in this thread its supporters try to defend what is so indefensible. Page25 because they can't concede they've lost the argument and the woke ideology is in big trouble.

Who is going to watch this play? I am not sure families with their kids would want to watch some gender queer forest creatures..

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Disney has experienced troubles at the box office as well as in streaming. Recent Disney/Pixar movies Lightyear and Strange World, with budgets of $200 million and $180 million, respectively, flopped at the box office. Both films stirred up controversy over explicit LGBT themes in movies intended for children and families.

They're going for another failure but they haven't learnt their lesson I suppose.

freebeacon.com...

edit on 20-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

So what is the issue with a talented white girl playing the role?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   

So it's good enough for Jesus but not good enough for Rachel Zegler.

Cheers for clearing that up.

Who is going to watch this play?

Children all over the planet who are not going to even notice never mind give a rats arse what colour "Snow" is aka the target audience spring to mind.

I am not sure families with their kids would want to watch some gender queer forest creatures..

Fancy a small wager the now that the movie makes a profit and draws a fair crowd when it's released?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I don't think it's them that need to learn their lesson.

Snow White is not going to flop AlienBorg.

And all they are doing by way of changing the main character's skin pigmentation.

Is to ensure that even more, down to the added publicity by way of the racial outrage being displayed, that they draw even more of a crowd.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Seriously though, it is not just our 'nursery rhymes' and children's stories that are being replaced, changed, twisted -
It is just one more 'takeover'.
I should know, my husband and I growing up in a highly Polish / Italian area, which has suddenly just in the last few years changed completely. We feel as though we are living in another country, and it is not ours.
And my husband being in the hospital and a physical therapy facility for the last few months, I see that very few of the employees are American, sometimes it is difficult to even understand them.
This is just the puzzling truth of what has happened in my immediate area.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Seriously though, it is not just our 'nursery rhymes' and children's stories that are being replaced, changed, twisted -
It is just one more 'takeover'.
I should know, my husband and I growing up in a highly Polish / Italian area, which has suddenly just in the last few years changed completely. We feel as though we are living in another country, and it is not ours.
And my husband being in the hospital and a physical therapy facility for the last few months, I see that very few of the employees are American, sometimes it is difficult to even understand them.
This is just the puzzling truth of what has happened in my immediate area.

it's very similar to the culture war the victorians engaged in..

it worth considering our ideas of many things stem from that culture war , this lot are no different in the way they treat women, kids, minorities, the elderly and the sick, as they try to create the perfect breed of workers and servants,

they are the proverbial Frankenstein's creating their very own monsters as both periods become historic lows in the actual rights people are allowed..

though we are hitting the high point in the arc where ever more are peaking and questioning what is happening and why its happening..

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Okay, first of all, don't try to present yourself as more calm and logical by asserting my cage has been rattled. That is an old trick that is well past its usefulness. I can comment without having been rattled or the slightest bit upset.

Whether the characters are fictional or not is irrelevant in terms of artistic license. You are just being obtuse to avoid answering the question. It would no doubt be more insulting to a real person had they been changed in some way, but in the context of artistic license, it doesn't matter whether the character was once a real person or not.

Whether the author is deceased or not is irrelevant in terms of artistic license.

Do you realize that in the span of two sentences you equated Jesus with faeries?

I do not recall the Bible describing Jesus as a dark skinned man. I do, however, recall Snow White being described as having skin as white as snow, blood red lips, and hair as black as ebony. Or, by your logic, the authors of the Bible are clearly deceased, so what difference does it make if Jesus is white now?

I am not asking you what is okay. I am asking you if you would be okay with someone hijacking a story your wrote, and changing your characters appearances/preferences, without your knowledge or permission, for purely political purposes.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Aye, that's not butthurt at all.

Again if it's good enough for Jesus your lord god and savior, it's good enough for Rachel Zegler.

No matter which way you wish to spin the situation.

Where Jesus is concerned why would i care what colour the fellow is portrayed, as the message behind the man don't change down to skin pigmentation?

As to what i would be ok with, that's pretty much beside the point.

Because its simply not my decision or story, never mind the fact that i would be dead about 160+ years.

My bet is Rachel Zegler makes a smashing Snow White, as for the racists well they will just need to lap it up.

Anyhoo it's happening so i guess you will simply have to turn the other cheek and grin and bare the pain and torment of Snow White being a little bit brown.

Might wish to consider making your own Snow White movies if the character's colour being not quite white enough grinds your gears that much.

Ether that or simply stick to the older version from 1937 where the colours are more to your liking.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You highlight the issue pretty well yourself as even you see the skin tone change as a deliberate imposition, the thing with that comment is that jesus is an ambiguous figure so that all cultures can portray him as their own, which is not the same as adapting one cultures folk tales and alter them to suit a political point to impose on others.

as a Scot i am surprised you fail to see the similar way the english Victorians recreated your culture to suit their tastes as i can see it in reference to the damage they did to mine.

The trouble is the original material stands the test of time and always overturns the imposed be it religious or ideological versions its why we rarely if ever hear about the mystery plays as most become lost to time
edit on 20-7-2023 by nickyw because: crap spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

You highlight the issue pretty well yourself as even you see the skin tone change as a deliberate imposition, the thing with that comment is that jesus is an ambiguous figure so that all cultures can portray him as their own, which is not the same as adapting one cultures folk tales and alter them to suit a political point to impose on others.

He was not white as snow, Jesus that is, given where was from even if he is portrayed that way, and that's if he even existed as anything more than a parable.

as a Scot i am surprised you fail to see the similar way the english Victorians recreated your culture to suit their tastes as i can see it in reference to the damage they did to mine.

Well i am half-English on my father's side, so i really could care one way or the other, both nations are better together than they are apart, and contribute to one another's culture and lifestyle.

Plenty of old Scottish and English folk tales still doing the rounds which also are not going anywhere anytime soon.

And im hard pushed to get butthurt over things that transpired hundreds of years in the past between both our nations.

Following that sort of flawed logical train of though we should hate the likes of Rome or the Scandinavian nations considering what they perpetrated against our island and the damage that they did to our respective cultures.

It's old London town we could be doing without by my guess.

The trouble is the original material stands the test of time and always overturns the imposed be it religious or ideological versions its why we rarely if ever hear about the mystery plays as most become lost to time

Really coz im not seeing the tale of "Snow White" going anywhere anytime soon any more than i am white Jesus.

Again the colour of the actress portraying the character, and the fact that she is not quite white enough for some people's liking, hardly diminishes the story being told, but it does speak volumes.

Now where "Mystery plays" are concerned, are they not traditionally written and directed by the likes of monks, and performed within a church setting?

I suggest thats why said performance pieces are not viewed by many as they may have been in yesteryears.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In most of the fantasy stories we are familiar with (Lord of the Rings etc.) the dwarfs are an entirely different species. They are not small humans. They are an entire people unto themselves with their own culture, language, and traditions. This also how it is in many games like Dungeons and Dragons and all the other games it inspired. Tolkien even started using the word dwarvish instead of dwarfish, so these people were called dwarves instead of dwarfs.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   

So what is the issue with a talented white girl playing the role?

Try better please.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So it's good enough for Jesus but not good enough for Rachel Zegler.

Cheers for clearing that up.

Who is going to watch this play?

Children all over the planet who are not going to even notice never mind give a rats arse what colour "Snow" is aka the target audience spring to mind.

I am not sure families with their kids would want to watch some gender queer forest creatures..

Fancy a small wager the now that the movie makes a profit and draws a fair crowd when it's released?

Don't bring Jesus on the table.
Do you know the meaning of the word whataboutism?!

I am not sure families with their kids would want to watch some gender queer non binary forest creatures alongside the brown princess pretending to be Snow White.

Take a look at what happened in the last two films Disney released. They went woke and they went broke.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I don't think it's them that need to learn their lesson.

Snow White is not going to flop AlienBorg.

And all they are doing by way of changing the main character's skin pigmentation.

Is to ensure that even more, down to the added publicity by way of the racial outrage being displayed, that they draw even more of a crowd.

The last two films and did flop due to their woke LGBTQ embedded ideology.

Who is gona watch this one?

I ve told you, people who don't have issues with this film are those who align with the radical left. Everyone else will watch the nice original version.

They don't just change the main characters. They're butchering the firm replacing the cast with woke nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join