It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

What exactly is your problem with Rachel Zegler playing the part of Snow White?

Aside of course her not being quite white enough in your eyes.

You could always just turn the brightness up on the TV, that way she may appear more to your liking.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Andy hasn't realised yet Jesus is an ambiguous person and most importantly if he had ever existed on this planet. Other say he was an alien, others just say he is a fictional character.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You could always just turn the brightness up on the TV, that way she may appear more to your liking.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs must be Snow White and the dwarfs.

Not brown princess with non binary forest creatures. Or maybe they're trans (some of them). What a gaffe by Disney!

They flirt with bankruptcy.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

26 pages!!

And all this because the radical left is trying to excuse Disney...

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Don't bring Jesus on the table.

Too late hes on the table and generally depicted as white in both our respective nations which is completely inconceivable if he was a real person from the area claimed.

Do you know the meaning of the word whataboutism?!

Do you know the meaning of the word racist?

I am not sure families with their kids would want to watch some gender queer non binary forest creatures alongside the brown princess pretending to be Snow White.

Do you have any kids?

Maybe you should ask them.

Chances are they don't say "i don't want to go see Snow White daddy, she's just not white enough for me".

Take a look at what happened in the last two films Disney released. They went woke and they went broke.

Aye Snow White won't lose money, not with this sort of publicity, and if the sentiment displayed here is anything to go by.
edit on 20-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

And yet its the other team with the steam coming out their ears.

Good luck with your buzzwords all the same.

Anyhoo Rachel Zegler is Snow White and you are simply going to have to swallow that pill, and like it or lump it.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Naw, it wont be called that, for reasons already made perfectly clear to you.

Not brown princess with non binary forest creatures. Or maybe they're trans (some of them). What a gaffe by Disney!

Well, that's laced with racism and homophobia.

Aye Dysney is going to go bankrupt. LoL

Based on the latest financial disclosure, Walt Disney has a Probability Of Bankruptcy of 1.0%. This is 97.67% lower than that of the Services sector and 98.08% lower than that of the Entertainment - Diversified industry. The probability of bankruptcy for all Argentina stocks is 97.49% higher than that of the company.

www.macroaxis.com...#:~:text=Based%20on%20the%20latest%20financial,than%20that%20of%20the%20compan y.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

Tell me, what part of the Black Forest did Adriana Caselotti come from?

Seems you are jumping, on the whole, she can sing bandwagon too. I'm not sure of your point here in Caselotti was the voice of an iconic toon that seems today these iconic toons all need to be reworked because of why?

It's the "why" that people push back against, just as the 7 "magical creatures" that basically killed off the iconic dwarfs and swapped them out with some humans "not magical creatures" that might as well be renamed L G B T Q I A. I would bet this movie doesn't actually open in movie theaters and just go directly to the Disney channel.

edit on 20-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Other say he was an alien, others just say he is a fictional character.

A fictional character eh, kind of like Snow White for instance?

If Jesus was a person he sure a s@ite was not white, which is just a fact you will have to deal with.

And the band played on.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

They didn’t even have names until 1912.
They were called Blick, Flick, Glick, Pick, Quee, Snick and Whick.

Disney renamed the dwarfs for its movie to Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy and Sneezy.

Thank you for the lesson, but we already knew that. We also know the original Grimm stories are very dark, so what point are you and others trying to make here other than trying to suggest you are all learned and we are not just because we disagree with this crazy Woke agenda that everything needs to be reworked because of diversity/inclusiveness, or maybe just an antiwhite thing. It is a full spectrum agenda too that seems dwarfs are now canx along with anything that might look straight.

This is once again an adult event without any idea what kids really think about it all and then the little Black girl asks where is Ariel when Ariel no longer has red hair and is a Black Marmaid...lol

edit on 20-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Don't bring Jesus on the table.

Too late hes on the table and generally depicted as white in both our respective nations which is completely inconceivable if he was a real person from the area claimed.

Do you know the meaning of the word whataboutism?!

Do you know the meaning of the word racist?

I am not sure families with their kids would want to watch some gender queer non binary forest creatures alongside the brown princess pretending to be Snow White.

Do you have any kids?

Maybe you should ask them.

Chances are they don't say "i don't want to go see Snow White daddy, she's just not white enough for me".

Take a look at what happened in the last two films Disney released. They went woke and they went broke.

Aye Snow White won't lose money, not with this sort of publicity, and if the sentiment displayed here is anything to go by.

What you're saying isn't true as white people existed in the area. Most importantly you don't know whether Jesus ever existed and as commented by Nickyw earlier a culture can present him however they like.

You're trying to create some parallels that don't exist.

Kids like the story Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Not a story with non binary forest creatures just for the sake of political correctness.

They will go broke.
edit on 20-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Other say he was an alien, others just say he is a fictional character.

A fictional character eh, kind of like Snow White for instance?

If Jesus was a person he sure a s@ite was not white, which is just a fact you will have to deal with.

And the band played on.

Your parallel is unfortunate.
Snow White is a fairytale. Jesus is a controversial characters who nobody knows if he had ever existed. It's logical different cultures will present him differently.

Imagine Disney trying to present Jesus as a bisexual middle Eastern guy with 12 non binary gender queer followers?!

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Naw, it wont be called that, for reasons already made perfectly clear to you.

Well, that's laced with racism and homophobia.

Aye Dysney is going to go bankrupt. LoL

Based on the latest financial disclosure, Walt Disney has a Probability Of Bankruptcy of 1.0%. This is 97.67% lower than that of the Services sector and 98.08% lower than that of the Entertainment - Diversified industry. The probability of bankruptcy for all Argentina stocks is 97.49% higher than that of the company.

www.macroaxis.com...#:~:text=Based%20on%20the%20latest%20financial,than%20that%20of%20the%20compan y.

Disney has experienced troubles at the box office as well as in streaming. Recent Disney/Pixar movies Lightyear and Strange World, with budgets of $200 million and $180 million, respectively, flopped at the box office. Both films stirred up controversy over explicit LGBT themes in movies intended for children and families.

Perhaps you missed this earlier

And this

Disney had some serious box office failures last year. Light Year and Strange World were both massive failures. It could be that Disney+ subscribers just weren’t excited about what Disney had to offer. Then again, these two films, in particular, were heavily criticized for their “woke ideology,” so perhaps it comes full circle.

You go woke and you take a massive risk.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What you're saying isn't true as white people existed in the area. Most importantly you don't know whether Jesus ever existed and as commented by Nickyw earlier a culture can present him however they like.

I completely agree, same as they can present "Snow White" how they please.

The parallel is completely self-evident.

You simply choose to disregard such.

Because it blows your argument that Rachel Zegler is not white enough to play "Snow" out of the water.

Kids like the story Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Not a story with non binary forest creatures just for the sake of political correctness.

Kids do not have an issue with the colour of other people's skin.

Unless you raise them that way, but you would know that if you had any, which i take it you don't.

They will broke.

Not according to the link i presented you with.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Caselotti is Italian-American. Why is it not cultural appropriation for her to play the lead character from a German fairy tale but it is for someone that is Polish-Colombian?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Snow White is a fairytale. Jesus is a controversial characters who nobody knows if he had ever existed. It's logical different cultures will present him differently.

Hence the reason it doesn't matter what colour any of them is depicted.

Imagine Disney trying to present Jesus as a bisexual middle Eastern guy with 12 non binary gender queer followers?!

Naw your ok, but yours seem to be rather active, your ""imagination"" that is.

And since you cannot prove Jesus was real, how do you know he was not bisexual?

Considering in the stories about his life, he did seem to kick around with a lot of men, who he openly claimed to love.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I completely agree, same as they can present "Snow White" how they please.

The parallel is completely self-evident.

You simply choose to disregard such.

Because it blows your argument that Rachel Zegler is not white enough to play "Snow" out of the water.

Kids do not have an issue with the colour of other people's skin.

Unless you raise them that way, but you would know that if you had any, which i take it you don't.

They will broke.

Not according to the link i presented you with.

Not really. These are two different cases for which I have commented and nickyw has done in the same manner

Nicky's message (part of it)

You highlight the issue pretty well yourself as even you see the skin tone change as a deliberate imposition, the thing with that comment is that jesus is an ambiguous figure so that all cultures can portray him as their own, which is not the same as adapting one cultures folk tales and alter them to suit a political point to impose on others.

as a Scot i am surprised you fail to see the similar way the english Victorians recreated your culture to suit their tastes as i can see it in reference to the damage they did to mine.

The parallel you have drawn is unfortunate.

I will emphasize again Jesus is a controversial character, we don't kniw if he existed, and cultures can present him as they please. .

Taking someone else's (other cultures) fairy tales and alter them or change them completely to suit the woke culture is not comparable to the case of Jesus. It's really an absurd point you have made as told by nickyw and myself.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I ve told you, people who don't have issues with this film are those who align with the radical left

So I guess it would be fair to say that those that have issues with this film are racist, white supremacist, aligned with the Qanon cult.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Hence the reason it doesn't matter what colour any of them is depicted.

Naw your ok, but yours seem to be rather active, your ""imagination"" that is.

And since you cannot prove Jesus was real, how do you know he was not bisexual?

Considering in the stories about his life, he did seem to kick around with a lot of men, who he openly claimed to love.

Of course it does. Trying to misappropriate someone's culture and fairytales to suit political and ideological reasons is a really bad idea that can make you go broke despite what your link says.

If Disney makes the move to depict Jesus as bisexual and his followers as non binary gender queer then they will certainly go broke. It doesn't matter whether Jesus was real or not. But the Church won't have any of this...

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I ve told you, people who don't have issues with this film are those who align with the radical left

So I guess it would be fair to say that those that have issues with this film are racist, white supremacist, aligned with the Qanon cult.

That's not true.

People who don't align with the radical left will have an issue with the asinine plans by Disney.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join