It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student gets zero grade in her project for using the term biological woman

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Topcraft
a reply to: quintessentone

You still refuse to share the source of the quote you made, why? I’m not interested in that article, I want to know the source of the quote you made earlier. Why are you so evasive?

What needs to stop is the denial of scientific findings that don’t jive with people’s bias……there, I fixed that for you.

You are just baiting now. Go find someone else to gaslight.

Why is it gaslighting when someone does it to you, but not when you do it to us?

You are aware that just because you think everyone around you thinks a certain way, that doesn't automatically mean you're all right? Sometimes, the inverse can be true. And if we all just went along with what everyone around us was thinking all the time, no one would ever make any progress because no one would ever think outside the box and break the mold.

Heck, we'd all still be convinced that bad air causes disease.

I've been on this site long enough to know the difference and it is baiting. That member does not want to discuss or debate anything.

What I do to all of you is offer another point of view, does that mean what I offer is right? It could be, then it may be proven wrong. It is just an offering of another point of view, usually empirical scientific evidence for discussion.

You offer me your opinion and evidence and I'll do the same, and maybe somewhere in between we might be able to find some truth.

I just lean more towards the science of things than anything else.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You keep telling yourself that.

I'll bet you were a load of fun during COVID. How did the science turn out there?
edit on 4-6-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'll bet you were a load of fun during COVID. How did the science turn out there?

Now you have to resort to insults. Well have a nice evening.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Now you have to resort to insults. Well have a nice evening.

Ended with a serious question ... how did the science turn out with COVID and the vaccines and the lockdowns? It's only insulting because following the science turned out to be wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You still refuse to share the source of the quote you made, why? I’m not interested in that article, I want to know the source of the quote you made earlier. Why are you so evasive?

What needs to stop is the denial of scientific findings that don’t jive with people’s bias……there, I fixed that for you.

Not true at all, maybe in your mind it is. You refuse to provide a source. Evade and deflect all you wish. Until you do, anything you have said here is suspect. Answer the question, back up what you’re saying. Or is it that your source is biased, and it will be plain to others when and if you reveal it.
Why is it when woke people are confronted with facts, or called on to back up their claims they go quiet? We have some awesomely intelligent people on ATS. You are entitled to your opinion, but you seem to rely on pseudoscience. That won’t work too well here in a debate.

Gaslight? hardly. I don’t do that. I deal in facts. You obviously don’t, you deal in feelz. Hope that works out for you. If you can prove me wrong, you still have a chance to convince me. I’m not as closed minded as you are.
edit on CDT2023p2023-06-04T17:18:11-05:00Sun, 04 Jun 2023 17:18:11 -0500pmf30 by Topcraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Lol, again with the dramatic exit stage left. Just because you’re caught.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

That's because you don't follow me around the board hounding me.
Thanks for that courtesy.

That’s because we want to know what you will come up with next. Is that wrong? You are both interesting and amusing. You may take that as a complement, or an insult. As you feel fitting of course.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   
if it was for the majority of this thread, we'd still be talking like savages.
the way the arguments flow, that linguistic retardedness already shows...

uguah ugha is the non evolved language, so please stop using words with precise meaning they control you

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

How is "biological women" non-evolved language? It is very accurate, and in this case, used correctly.

But please tell me more on how we are all "retards" that use such, what seems to be offensive to you and others on here, language. Even though we are not wrong for using it
edit on 5-6-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

How is "biological women" non-evolved language? It is very accurate, and in this case, used correctly.

But please tell me more on how we are all "retards" that use such, what seems to be offensive to you and others on here, language. Even though we are not wrong for using it

If it doesn't fit a specific narrative then it is branded exclusionary n offending-insulting by the activists

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: linda72

Oh I know, just wanted to hear their reasoning behind it. I'm sure it will be something along the lines of "bigoted" "archaic" or "stuck ideology"

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: PorkChop96

The source in the OP isnt tic toc so why should research now on the subject require going to tic toc to find a discussion. Twitter carried a discussion also.

Tic toc is being banned because its spyware from China. Im not going there either.

There are actually multiple sources where you can find information about Olivia. No need to use only tic-rok but it's fine if you want to reference what she said-in my OP I have given three sources so far.
edit on 5-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Non-evolved like using the word retards as a pejorative?

Gandhi said be the change you want to see.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I am being courteous by replying, if I didn't then there would be a problem with me not replying.

LOL! I got a good laugh from this -- thank you! Good to know that I don't deserve such "courtesy" from you. (And I won't expect it!)

Funny thing is that you've since used all my talking points! Apparently the college/university does in fact regulate gendered language... apparently Olivia had been informed of this... terms such as "cis" woman and "biological female" are acceptable terms (although I would note that since biology is the foundation for the definition of both "female" and "woman," both "biological woman" and "biological female" are redundant)... Olivia is now trying again using the approved terms.

This was all apparently stated by Olivia on her TikTok, which you found while engaging on this thread, but for whatever reason you couldn't be arsed to either provide a link or copy & paste.

What you have not addressed is that this is much bigger than Olivia. This is newsworthy because it's happening to anyone... not because it's happening to Olivia. And it's not "over." The much bigger issue is infringement of free speech rights generally... and the taxpayer dollars funding this gross infringement of First Amendment rights specifically. That's not going away just because one silly little girl apologizes and promises to play by their rules.

Great point you made!

This is newsworthy because it is happening everywhere n not an isolated incident. See another incident-thread made about this a few days ago-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Students in a class have demanded their professor is fired after saying there are only two biological sexes.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I am being courteous by replying, if I didn't then there would be a problem with me not replying.

LOL! I got a good laugh from this -- thank you! Good to know that I don't deserve such "courtesy" from you. (And I won't expect it!)

Funny thing is that you've since used all my talking points! Apparently the college/university does in fact regulate gendered language... apparently Olivia had been informed of this... terms such as "cis" woman and "biological female" are acceptable terms (although I would note that since biology is the foundation for the definition of both "female" and "woman," both "biological woman" and "biological female" are redundant)... Olivia is now trying again using the approved terms.

This was all apparently stated by Olivia on her TikTok, which you found while engaging on this thread, but for whatever reason you couldn't be arsed to either provide a link or copy & paste.

What you have not addressed is that this is much bigger than Olivia. This is newsworthy because it's happening to anyone... not because it's happening to Olivia. And it's not "over." The much bigger issue is infringement of free speech rights generally... and the taxpayer dollars funding this gross infringement of First Amendment rights specifically. That's not going away just because one silly little girl apologizes and promises to play by their rules.

A small correction.

The student has not apologized for using the term biological woman. Perhaps next time most people will be careful n challenge what is said in this thread n other threads-@quintessentone made various claims that are inaccurate-false

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Non-evolved like using the word retards as a pejorative?

Gandhi said be the change you want to see.

I don't think the language used by the other person is great-obviously not accurate-no need even to reply to these messages

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   

They usually do, and when confronted they leave the thread claiming they are "done with this garbage"

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Oh I know, just wanted to hear their reasoning behind it. I'm sure it will be something along the lines of "bigoted" "archaic" or "stuck ideology"

It's there in the explanation offered by the Professor-exclusionary n transphobic

One more thing I mentioned earlier. A claim was made Olivia apologized for the use of the term but this isn't factual so it's better if these claims are challenged-Olivia is standing up against this madness n her real name is Olivia Krolczyk n she is a student at the University of Cincinnati.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   

That's the thing, it's not either of those.

Biological Women; "An individual of the sex which is of the nature to conceive and bring forth young, or (in a wider sense) which has an ovary and produces ova"

The opposite of this would be a nonbiological women; someone pretending to be a women and will never have the actual qualities of being an biological women.

We have asked the previous poster several times to show where the "apology" was made and they pointed to tik tok as the answer. Those of us with higher brain power knows tik tok is useless and a spy app and not a reliable source. When asked to quote they denied.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join