It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student gets zero grade in her project for using the term biological woman

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: linda72

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: linda72

Agree.... her 'apology' was clearly sarcasm. As she points out, including the word 'biological' was redundant.

Perfectly clear. And wasn't this clipped directly from Tic Toc?

The fact still remains she caved in her convictions so this whole facade was for nothing. Nothing will come of this charade.

You made a false claim she has apologized but she hasn't.

Either you considered her sarcasm as an apology or you deliberately made this false claim. Which one of the two is it?

Her actions speak louder than her words. She caved in.

Yes she has called for everyone to resist the woke ideology in schools n colleges n we are very proud of her

Fine, but she was going against the rules which the majority of students, even right leaning, don't do. She has a lot to learn about how to protest properly. She just looks ridiculous now.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Agree.... her 'apology' was clearly sarcasm. As she points out, including the word 'biological' was redundant.

The fact still remains she caved in her convictions so this whole facade was for nothing. Nothing will come of this charade.

This isn't true.

She hasn't changed her mind at all n is evident in her videos that have become viral

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

This isn't true.

She hasn't changed her mind at all n is evident in her videos that have become viral

Going viral doesn't mean she will win anything with the university's ethics board. Keep us up to date, but I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Either you considered her sarcasm as an apology or you deliberately made this false claim. Which one of the two is it?

Yes she has called for everyone to resist the woke ideology in schools n colleges n we are very proud of her

Fine, but she was going against the rules which the majority of students, even right leaning, don't do. She has a lot to learn about how to protest properly. She just looks ridiculous now.

Not true either.

Her school and University of Connecticut allows fully free speech n there is disciplinary action against staff members who used their position to restrict free speech

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Not true either.

Her school and University of Connecticut allows fully free speech n there is disciplinary action against staff members who used their position to restrict free speech

As I said, I won't be holding my breath that she will win or gain anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Jorge1986s

I'm having a lot of fun watching people getting worked up over tiktok noting burgers, and an evolving language that confronts them with their issues.
it was fun to see the nazis scream when the hamer came down on their language, and the phobes now are a blast as they don't even realize how irrational their fear, of loosing something not worth keeping, is.

3 out of 3 for you! Well done!

First you said biological sex is a social construct which is false.

Then you made a false equivalency by equating the N word with biological sex.

Now you equate people who complain about the hijacking of the English language to Nazis...

Great arguments! I am sure the debate community has taken a notice of the skills presented

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Here you go bud:

www.foxnews.com...

The syllabus says nothing about the term "biological women" being banned. It simply states "students can share opinions as long as they do not "cause harm to... classmates."" Which, as stated in this article, the only way it could is if the professor shared it without permission, if it was even hurtful to begin with.

"Krolczyk met with the school’s gender equity group and they agreed she would do her project with her original proposal. A new professor will grade her work and a file will be sent to the dean. "

Moving on to the professor themselves, someone who is going to tell a class of college students that you need to "recognize the fact that all white men are privileged ". That is not only inaccurate, but widely inappropriate for a teacher to push their ideology on students. They are their to teach the subject matter, not push their ridiculous "woke" agendas.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

what would we do if we wouldn't get your interpretation of what I said, never mind they're full of projection.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

what would we do if we wouldn't get your interpretation of what I said, never mind they're full of projection.

You have said all the above but don't worry it's fine-everyone can have their views

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

no, that's just what you understood, it's not what I said.

There is a difference, and in this case It's quite big.

don't worry, it's ok, reading comprehension is difficult when dealing with topics that tickle our fears, makes it really hard to listen objectively.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   

no, that's just what you understood, it's not what I said.

There is a difference, and in this case It's quite big.

don't worry, it's ok, reading comprehension is difficult when dealing with topics that tickle our fears, makes it really hard to listen objectively.

I don't think so-your posts show clearly what you said

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

The enlighten us, oh great one, of what you mean?

This is not the only time you have claimed to mean something other than what you wrote. I have called you out several times and it's always the same thing "you are too stupid to comprehend what I am saying, even though I know exactly what I wrote and refuse to admit it"

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

The enlighten us, oh great one, of what you mean?

This is not the only time you have claimed to mean something other than what you wrote. I have called you out several times and it's always the same thing "you are too stupid to comprehend what I am saying, even though I know exactly what I wrote and refuse to admit it"

Just don't feed them anymore

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Accountability

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I wonder how this was missed or it was deliberately missed?

Yeah, the best way to avoid that hassle again is just ignore it. No matter how outrageous the lies are and how often theyve been pointed out.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Can you find the syllabus and post it here because I want to read it for myself, but what I did hear when the student read a small portion of it on tik tok did not mention anything about 'biological woman' it mentioned not using terms that would offend or harm.
edit on q00000012630America/Chicago1919America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Naturally evolving language need not be forced or mandated and it doesn't happen overnight because "I said so', or invented new terms and new definitions. That was once called 'slang' however.

I once had a college professor explain to me that much BS we were going to learn at school is because the teachers want their subject field to be difficult to understand and learn so to keep it from being easily understood and accessible and CONTROL.

This was a professor in the 1970s. I never forgot and have been aware of the game ever since.
edit on 6/6/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You are the one who claimed to know how to find the syllabus, go find it yourself.

I was quoting the linked article. And the only way they would offend or harm someone is if the professor shared the essay/writing. And they should/can't do that without permission which I'm sure was not given.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

You are the one who claimed to know how to find the syllabus, go find it yourself.

I was quoting the linked article. And the only way they would offend or harm someone is if the professor shared the essay/writing. And they should/can't do that without permission which I'm sure was not given.

Well that's what the student read on her tik tok, nothing about any term, just do no harm and don't offend.

Simple enough to understand and follow, hmm?

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Only offensive if someone like you reads it, hmm.....

How nice it would be to go back to the time when you could write woman or man and not have to identify if it was biological or not. Simpler times

edit on 6-6-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join