It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student gets zero grade in her project for using the term biological woman

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: PorkChop96

They cant because they made it all up.

It's not made up, go to her tik tok vids and do the dumpster dive.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

dumpster dive.

Trash app

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

dumpster dive.

Trash app

I can't help that but that is where the source is and where the facts are.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

One person's telling is not facts

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The source in the OP isnt tic toc so why should research now on the subject require going to tic toc to find a discussion. Twitter carried a discussion also.

Tic toc is being banned because its spyware from China. Im not going there either.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

One person's telling is not facts

Apparently, it is if you're an American leftist speaking down to those who "lack life experience".
edit on 4-6-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh look ... this culture is no different at Oxford.

I’m careful who I tell about my dissertation on the topic of gender. My heart races when a new person asks what I’m doing, and I have to make a snap decision if it’s safe to tell them, and if it’s worth it. Peers have asked “Why are you going to Kathleen Stock’s event?” with narrowed eyes and suspicious tones. I spend so much time biting my tongue in conversation. Even basic truths can be completely unsayable in the wrong circles. But I’m getting braver.

I'm sure this is all done so people feel safe though. The person writing here sure seems to feel safe, don't they?
edit on 4-6-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I am being courteous by replying, if I didn't then there would be a problem with me not replying.

LOL! I got a good laugh from this -- thank you! Good to know that I don't deserve such "courtesy" from you. (And I won't expect it!)

Funny thing is that you've since used all my talking points! Apparently the college/university does in fact regulate gendered language... apparently Olivia had been informed of this... terms such as "cis" woman and "biological female" are acceptable terms (although I would note that since biology is the foundation for the definition of both "female" and "woman," both "biological woman" and "biological female" are redundant)... Olivia is now trying again using the approved terms.

This was all apparently stated by Olivia on her TikTok, which you found while engaging on this thread, but for whatever reason you couldn't be arsed to either provide a link or copy & paste.

What you have not addressed is that this is much bigger than Olivia. This is newsworthy because it's happening to anyone... not because it's happening to Olivia. And it's not "over." The much bigger issue is infringement of free speech rights generally... and the taxpayer dollars funding this gross infringement of First Amendment rights specifically. That's not going away just because one silly little girl apologizes and promises to play by their rules.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Wait, tax payers dollars? What about Olivia's dollars? Pay to bend the knee.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's because you don't follow me around the board hounding me.
Thanks for that courtesy.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So you think she is also one silly little girl too? She is not the first and she will not be the last.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Men are men, women are women, gay men are men, lesbians are women, trans people are confused about what they are.

Earlier on you posted a quote without a source, something about brain studies in defense of trans people.I would like to know that source if I may.

This is a very very small segment of the population that is offended by pronouns. Why? For one they invented those pronouns for a purpose. Guys with beards and a dong wearing a dress, calling themselves women. They prey on our children. This is what you’re defending? Why?

From now on, I would urge anyone who deals with one of these people to call them by what they really are. If they get offended, tough. I for one, am not willing to feed into their LARP. It only serves to encourage delusional behavior.

Enough is enough! Trans people need professional help, not encouragement.

Gay people worked hard to gain acceptance. Trans people are trying to ride the wave

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

Men are men, women are women, gay men are men, lesbians are women, trans people are confused about what they are.

Earlier on you posted a quote without a source, something about brain studies in defense of trans people.I would like to know that source if I may.

This is a very very small segment of the population that is offended by pronouns. Why? For one they invented those pronouns for a purpose. Guys with beards and a dong wearing a dress, calling themselves women. They prey on our children. This is what you’re defending? Why?

From now on, I would urge anyone who deals with one of these people to call them by what they really are. If they get offended, tough. I for one, am not willing to feed into their LARP. It only serves to encourage delusional behavior.

Enough is enough! Trans people need professional help, not encouragement.

Gay people worked hard to gain acceptance. Trans people are trying to ride the wave

As pertains to this thread, this is about one student simply refusing to follow the rules and now is following the rules. I am opining on this alone...follow the rules or get out that is the reality out there. Protest if you must but do it along the correct channels.

I research some neuroscience because I recently studied Psychology and there was a neuroscience segment in there, actually the prof. called us all amateur neuroscientists, so I now have an interest in that field and that is how I came up with that blurb from a study that you want to peruse. I'll attach others if I can find them.

This article points to the same findings.

neurosciencenews.com...

There are more upcoming neuroscientific studies on transpeoples' brain structures and those studies will be with much larger groups of people.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

If I defend anything it is empirical scientific evidence.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

But you still don’t give the source of your quote, you must have got it from somewhere. Or did you make that up on your own?

You defend empirical scientific evidence? How about biology? You don’t seem to defend that. This whole wokeism trend needs to stop. It does nothing but hurt everyone involved. It’s intended to gaslight regular people into believing they are wrong, insensitive, and uncaring. I will never condone enabling anyone who has a mental disorder. If you do that, you’re not helping their situation or yours.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

And yet, there is increasing evidence that in many cases empirical scientific evidence is ... wrong, or at least the people who gather it draw their own biased conclusions from it for their own reasons. This has also been pointed out to you.

If you cannot trust the science, or at least the people doing the science, then why defend it blindly just because someone stamped a SCIENCE label on it? It suggests you follow blindly because someone declared themselves an expert and tacked on a bunch of letters.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

But you still don’t give the source of your quote, you must have got it from somewhere. Or did you make that up on your own?

You defend empirical scientific evidence? How about biology? You don’t seem to defend that. This whole wokeism trend needs to stop. It does nothing but hurt everyone involved. It’s intended to gaslight regular people into believing they are wrong, insensitive, and uncaring. I will never condone enabling anyone who has a mental disorder. If you do that, you’re not helping their situation or yours.

Did you read the article I provided? No? The whole point of posting blurbs is to introduce everyone here to the other side of the science. The whole point is that different fields of science are blowing your only two genders out of the water.

What needs to stop is the denial of new scientific findings that don't jive with people's bias.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You still refuse to share the source of the quote you made, why? I’m not interested in that article, I want to know the source of the quote you made earlier. Why are you so evasive?

What needs to stop is the denial of scientific findings that don’t jive with people’s bias……there, I fixed that for you.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You still refuse to share the source of the quote you made, why? I’m not interested in that article, I want to know the source of the quote you made earlier. Why are you so evasive?

What needs to stop is the denial of scientific findings that don’t jive with people’s bias……there, I fixed that for you.

You are just baiting now. Go find someone else to gaslight.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And yet, there is increasing evidence that in many cases empirical scientific evidence is ... wrong, or at least the people who gather it draw their own biased conclusions from it for their own reasons. This has also been pointed out to you.

If you cannot trust the science, or at least the people doing the science, then why defend it blindly just because someone stamped a SCIENCE label on it? It suggests you follow blindly because someone declared themselves an expert and tacked on a bunch of letters.

The same could be pointed out to you and others here...

"wrong, or at least the people who gather it draw their own biased conclusions from it for their own reasons. This has also been pointed out to you."

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You are just baiting now. Go find someone else to gaslight.

Why is it gaslighting when someone does it to you, but not when you do it to us?

You are aware that just because you think everyone around you thinks a certain way, that doesn't automatically mean you're all right? Sometimes, the inverse can be true. And if we all just went along with what everyone around us was thinking all the time, no one would ever make any progress because no one would ever think outside the box and break the mold.

Heck, we'd all still be convinced that bad air causes disease.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join