It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bud Light, Your Reputation Is a Mess and There’s No Easy Fix

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Waterglass

The fix here would be for the LGBTQ+ community to step up and advocate for this company because the company, at the very least, tried to portray inclusiveness and the company should not suffer because of it. And IMO the only reason they are losing money and customers is because the LGBTQ+ community took a hissy fit and walked away.

Maybe if they hadn't caved.

That was the biggest faux pas.

Hissy fit on the trans side, crybabies on the right side, cowardice on the bud side, no show on the LGBTQ? side.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

They shouldn't have done any of it in the first place. There was no reason for any of it. They tried to be "woke" and paid the price for it.

They are a beer company, they make beer, they are not a political organization.

They have been advocating for inclusiveness for the last two decades and no slump in sales. This reeks of transphobia and/or hate with some of their customers and the LGBTQ+ community walking away when they should be advocating for their attempt at inclusiveness, IMO.

Boo #ing hoo. Oh no, we put a trans on our can and nobody wants to drink our beer now, THEY'RE ALL TRANSPHOBES!!!

Phobia is an extreme, irrational, fear of something that may cause a person to panic.

I guarantee you that being disgusted by trans people isn't a phobia. Calling it a phobia is a cheap, and lame, cop out to end the discussion quickly.

link   

The fix here would be for the LGBTQ+ community to step up and advocate for this company because the company, at the very least, tried to portray inclusiveness and the company should not suffer because of it. And IMO the only reason they are losing money and customers is because the LGBTQ+ community took a hissy fit and walked away.

Hissy fit on the trans side, crybabies on the right side, cowardice on the bud side, no show on the LGBTQ? side.

I don't agree.

Bud made a stance and blew it.

If they had never taken that stance -- that wouldn't have hurt anyone.

But they did. Then caved.

link   
There sure is a lot of commotion happening over a crappy beer.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Is it really about the beer?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I've been as vocal as anyone about the dangers of the Trans Agenda and Trans Ideology -- specifically, the Trans Activists pushing a political Trans Agenda -- but this pushback against Bud Light is frankly disgusting.

Bud Light teamed up with a Trans person to market their product to the Trans community on their social media account. This was never a nationwide public advertising campaign. Bud Light wasn't shoving anything down anyone's throat. Bud Light wasn't forcing anything on anyone. If it weren't for # stirrers, no one that didn't "follow" this person would have known. Trans people are allowed to drink beer... and Bud Light is allowed to both market to them and sell it to them.

[SNIP]

This would make sense if Bud Light had made a previous statement that trans people weren't allowed to drink their beer. What they did is a perfect example of shoving the trans agenda down our throats. There are many things they could have done that aren't political, like make pink cans for breast cancer awareness. You don't put a confused adult male who thinks he's a preteen girl on a can and expect everyone to sing kumbaya around a campfire while they drink it. Not in the real world.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think the best description I have read is that Bud's rep and brand was built on being basically inoffensive in every way, even as a beverage - it's just a bland,inoffensive thing.

I have to disagree. It's not really bland, it has plenty of taste, the taste is just awful and offensive. I've never liked the stuff.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

This would make sense if Bud Light had made a previous statement that trans people weren't allowed to drink their beer. What they did is a perfect example of shoving the trans agenda down our throats.

How? The only place you would have seen this marketing was on Dylan Mulvaney's social media... are you a follower of Dylan Mulvaney? And even if you are, isn't that more about Dylan Mulvaney shoving it down your throat? Not that I can see how Dylan Mulvaney's followers would feel that it was being shoved down their throats.... I'm pretty sure they already know.

There are many things they could have done that aren't political, like make pink cans for breast cancer awareness. You don't put a confused adult male who thinks he's a preteen girl on a can and expect everyone to sing kumbaya around a campfire while they drink it. Not in the real world.

To my understanding -- per Bud Light -- the Dylan Mulvaney can(s) were produced solely for Dylan Mulvaney. Those cans were never intended for nationwide sales.

Have you actually seen any of those cans in stores?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

They threw the baby out with the bath water. Shame.

www.fastcompany.com...#:~:text=Then%20there's%20its%20two%20decades,ally%20to%20the%20L GBTQ%20community.

Then they're idiots if that's how they show inclusiveness. Inclusiveness was them not having a message that only people who know what a man and woman are can drink their product. It was open to all without any labels or promos for certain groups.

It was all fun and games and justice when they shut down a private bakery that didn't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, but when the rest of society shifts to a brand that doesn't cater to a single group, they lose their minds in a "how dare you" kinda way. Like, if you want to drink it then drink it, if you don't then don't. Why get mad at the people who want no part of it.

The people who want no part of it have been drinking bud without issue even after this company included gays, drag queens but now because trans - nope won't have any of it. BS man.

Who cares? If you want to drink it then drink it, but don't get all upset that other people no longer want to drink it. It's still there for you, and really cheap now from what I hear.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

They shouldn't have done any of it in the first place. There was no reason for any of it. They tried to be "woke" and paid the price for it.

They are a beer company, they make beer, they are not a political organization.

They have been advocating for inclusiveness for the last two decades and no slump in sales. This reeks of transphobia and/or hate with some of their customers and the LGBTQ+ community walking away when they should be advocating for their attempt at inclusiveness, IMO.

Boo #ing hoo. Oh no, we put a trans on our can and nobody wants to drink our beer now, THEY'RE ALL TRANSPHOBES!!!

Phobia is an extreme, irrational, fear of something that may cause a person to panic.

I guarantee you that being disgusted by trans people isn't a phobia. Calling it a phobia is a cheap, and lame, cop out to end the discussion quickly.

BS man, I've been witness to all ATS' drag queen bashing threads, call it what you will but it is all seeded in fear.

edit on q00000043531America/Chicago4646America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Bud and the Woke Folk:

YOU MUST LOVE US. YOU MUST LOVE THIS. IF YOU DON'T, IT'S JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A BIGOT.

DO YOU DRINK BUD? WHY NOT, BIGOT!

This is now pretty much the universal marketing strategy. We won't persuade you, we'll shame you. You will consume our product, see our movie, etc., or else you are just a racist or -phobe.
edit on 18-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don't agree.

Meet the new whipping boys/girls - transfolk.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: LSU2018

This would make sense if Bud Light had made a previous statement that trans people weren't allowed to drink their beer. What they did is a perfect example of shoving the trans agenda down our throats.

How? The only place you would have seen this marketing was on Dylan Mulvaney's social media... are you a follower of Dylan Mulvaney? And even if you are, isn't that more about Dylan Mulvaney shoving it down your throat? Not that I can see how Dylan Mulvaney's followers would feel that it was being shoved down their throats.... I'm pretty sure they already know.

There are many things they could have done that aren't political, like make pink cans for breast cancer awareness. You don't put a confused adult male who thinks he's a preteen girl on a can and expect everyone to sing kumbaya around a campfire while they drink it. Not in the real world.

To my understanding -- per Bud Light -- the Dylan Mulvaney can(s) were produced solely for Dylan Mulvaney. Those cans were never intended for nationwide sales.

Have you actually seen any of those cans in stores?

I'm not buying it. If they were marketing strictly to Dylan then what's the purpose of everyone saying they did it to market to the trans community? Unless the trans community is one person.

I don't go down the beer aisles so I don't know if it's on any cans here. I would bet it's not, I'm in a very red Parish.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

True, and this crappy beer's sales are only 1% of the total company's earnings. It's their reputation (or what side are you on?) that's at issue now.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Don't try to make everyone cater to you because you're "different" and there won't be a big deal made of it. The more you push someone to make someone else feel special the more pissed off they will become.

What a novel idea.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Don't try to make everyone cater to you because you're "different" and there won't be a big deal made of it. The more you push someone to make someone else feel special the more pissed off they will become.

What a novel idea.

Interracial Marriage made legal had to be forced.

Disability Act had to be forced.

Civil Rights Act had to be forced.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Fear of what?

2nd

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

What a novel idea.

Being inclusive and catering to someone are two different things in my world. Live and let live is the absolute lowest on the tolerance scale, so you have options.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

BS man, I've been witness to all ATS' drag queen bashing threads, call it what you will but it is all seeded in fear.

It's so ironic that making things up about people you don't like, as you've done here, is a classic psychological defense mechanism. If anything here is seeded in fear, it's this statement of yours.

This is an old (false) claim progressives like to make: conservative views are all about fear. They even used to cite a study that supposedly proved this. The study actually proved the exact opposite, as I demonstrated in this thread. Progressives blatantly misrepresented the study for years before the journal it was published in actually issued a clarification much like what I said in my thread.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I don't agree.

Meet the new whipping boys/girls - transfolk.

If you make a public stance. Don't cave. It makes it worse.

Does not matter who the subject matter is/was.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join