It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bud Light, Your Reputation Is a Mess and There’s No Easy Fix

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

Then, as said before, you have no argument.

I am very tolerant, I treat everyone equal. If you are an ahole to me, I will be one right back. If you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. If you try to force your ideology down my throat and call me a bigot/transphobe because I don't care what you "identify" as, I will ignore you and any argument you have or "facts" carry no weight

But your and others' attitude here is antagonistic, and fits the description of bigot.

big·ot

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Just stop it, quint. That's a revised definition to fit the left's idea of a bigot because y'all love to call everyone else the bigot. Merriam-Webster and Britannica changed that # back when Trump was president, lol.

Cambridge Dictionary:
bigot: a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life.

Vocabulary . com
bigot: A bigot is someone who doesn't tolerate people of different races or religions.

Collins Dictionary
bigot: 1. a person who holds blindly and intolerantly to a particular creed, opinion, etc.
2. a narrow-minded, prejudiced person

Dictionary . com
bigot: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Wiktionary
bigot: One who is narrow-mindedly devoted to their own ideas and groups, and intolerant of (people of) differing ideas, races, genders, religions, politics, etc.

Oxford LEARNER'S Dictionary
bigot: a person who has very strong, unreasonable beliefs or opinions about race, religion or politics and who will not listen to or accept the opinions of anyone who disagrees.

American Heritage Dictionary
bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

I'm gonna do you a solid and leave one more for ya...

hypocrite: a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that they do not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

transphobia
noun [ U ] disapproving

harmful or unfair things a person does based on a fear or dislike of transgender and non-binary people

yawn

Nothing screams "panic attack" like not showing support for someone's lifestyle.

No wonder that word is misused and so off-base from what a real phobia is, it was made up 10 years ago.

The words transphobia and transphobic were added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2013.

So have transmisia and trans-antagonism, we all just need to figure out when to apply the correct term.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Stigmatized or harms ... too facile. That's "anything that keeps Tham from getting their way."

You will notice that when this all started with changing rooms and locker rooms, response was a separate, private facility that allowed everyone to be out of uncomfortable situations. It was a reasonable compromise.

For the trans, it was all or nothing. Not the locker rooms of their biological sex; that caused discomfort. It had to be the communal locker rooms of their chosen gender where they inflict that same discomfort on all others,but since they are not trans, they're bigots if they object.

And you help make them so.

edit on 18-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ketsuko

So, I rest my case. We cannot disagree. If we do, we have "transphobia".

Well, then, you are phobic as well, bigoted, and intolerant of any views except your own. You can no longer even reasonably disagree with us without being a hateful bigot.

Funny, innit?

If you have a different opinion, you are immediately ostracized.

Sounds familiar somehow. . . can't remember where though. . .

. . . hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tis the way with some here. They think their cases are closed because they say 'case closed'.

Yeah, ummm, "Case Closed" is also another way of saying QED.

"Case Closed" is not the same as labeling someone a bigot.

I said some here are antagonistic towards transgenderism, if they are not bigots then that's good.

There is such a thing as Trans-antagonism and any way you slice it, it's discrimination (as is bigotry).

blog.petrieflom.law.harvard.edu...

Yeah, guess you nailed it then.

I AM a bigot against groomers, child abusers and pedophiles.

You got me.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I am very tolerant, I treat everyone equal. If you are an ahole to me, I will be one right back. If you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. If you try to force your ideology down my throat and call me a bigot/transphobe because I don't care what you "identify" as, I will ignore you and any argument you have or "facts" carry no weight

But your and others' attitude here is antagonistic, and fits the description of bigot.

big·ot

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Just stop it, quint. That's a revised definition to fit the left's idea of a bigot because y'all love to call everyone else the bigot. Merriam-Webster and Britannica changed that # back when Trump was president, lol.

Cambridge Dictionary:
bigot: a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life.

Vocabulary . com
bigot: A bigot is someone who doesn't tolerate people of different races or religions.

Collins Dictionary
bigot: 1. a person who holds blindly and intolerantly to a particular creed, opinion, etc.

Dictionary . com
bigot: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Wiktionary
bigot: One who is narrow-mindedly devoted to their own ideas and groups, and intolerant of (people of) differing ideas, races, genders, religions, politics, etc.

bigot: a person who has very strong, unreasonable beliefs or opinions about race, religion or politics and who will not listen to or accept the opinions of anyone who disagrees.

bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

hypocrite: a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that they do not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

transphobia
noun [ U ] disapproving

harmful or unfair things a person does based on a fear or dislike of transgender and non-binary people

yawn

Nothing screams "panic attack" like not showing support for someone's lifestyle.

No wonder that word is misused and so off-base from what a real phobia is, it was made up 10 years ago.

The words transphobia and transphobic were added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2013.

So have transmisia and trans-antagonism, we all just need to figure out when to apply the correct term.

Thank you Great Gatekeeper, Arbiter of All Things Socially Acceptable to think and speak.

I guess that's "case closed" then? So you have spoken, so let it be done.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Stigmatized or harms ... too facile. That's "anything that keeps Tham from getting their way."

You will notice that when this all started with changing rooms and locker rooms, response was a separate, private facility that allowed everyone to be out of uncomfortable situations. It was a reasonable compromise.

For the trans, it was all or nothing. Not the locker rooms of their biological sex; that caused discomfort. It had to be the communal locker rooms of their chosen gender where they inflict that same discomfort on all others,but since they are not trans, they're bigots if they object.

And you help make them so.

They should be provided with private facilities then and you can help make it so by advocating for it. Problem solved.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Well, then, you are phobic as well, bigoted, and intolerant of any views except your own. You can no longer even reasonably disagree with us without being a hateful bigot.

Funny, innit?

Tis the way with some here. They think their cases are closed because they say 'case closed'.

I said some here are antagonistic towards transgenderism, if they are not bigots then that's good.

There is such a thing as Trans-antagonism and any way you slice it, it's discrimination (as is bigotry).

Yeah, guess you nailed it then.

I AM a bigot against groomers, child abusers and pedophiles.

You got me.

I hope you are because groomers, child abusers and pedophiles come in all shapes, sizes and genders.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

They shouldn't have done any of it in the first place. There was no reason for any of it. They tried to be "woke" and paid the price for it.

They are a beer company, they make beer, they are not a political organization.

They have been advocating for inclusiveness for the last two decades and no slump in sales. This reeks of transphobia and/or hate with some of their customers and the LGBTQ+ community walking away when they should be advocating for their attempt at inclusiveness, IMO.

Transphobia has become a word for women who are fed up with "women with a penis" having and demanding MORE rights than "women with vaginas".
Look at the average way "women with a penis" dress in social media, like pole dancers in a strip club, or like 1950-60's submissive women using sex appeal to get a man. Setting "womanhood" back by 50 years or more.

The makeup is garish and over the top to the point of appearing like the equivalent of blackface. Insulting "women with vaginas" by saying how transgenders dress and behave makes them "real women" and everyone has to agree they are "real women" or else.

Look at nearly all the women of the year awards giving by Biden and liberals. Nearly all were given to "women with a penis". This says to girls/women with vaginas, that to be a superior woman one must have a penis. Misogyny at it's finest.

Look at women's prisons where convicted rapists have been locked in cells with the victim of their choice, a vagina bearing person. Why, because LGBTQP+ insist that transgenders be safe from rape. Meanwhile, the sentiment is that women with vaginas have no right in prison to be safe from rape. Women with vagina's in prisons have been punished for complaining about being locked in a cell with a penis bearing person, even sex criminal, and documented rapes and pregnancies have resulted. This says to women in prison, 80% of whom stats say have been sexually assaulted sometime in their life - if you have a vagina you must put up with being raped in prison, if you have a penis, you must be kept safe from rape in prison.

Maybe 50% of the population is getting fed up with all this open and blatant misogyny that is setting women's rights back by at least 50 years. I wouldn't call that transphobic. I call it feminism and rights for women with vagina's, nearly 50% of the population.

Maybe cis-gender men are waking up to what they are being asked to find attractive, a woman with a penis bulge. Maybe they, like lesbians, who are told by LGBTQP+ they are transphobic if they won't have sex with a woman with a penis are tired of being told they are awful people for not having sex with a transgender. Maybe these things are insulting people and they are saying enough is enough. Maybe, just maybe, people want LGBTQP+ to stop forcing them to find "women with a penis" who look and act like a Jessica Rabbit cartoon character attractive and to not just accept these cartoon versions of women as "real women",but to applaud them as the best of womanhood.

Just because many people object to this new form of misogyny and blackface, it doesn't mean they are transphobic, just sick of misogynistic portrayals of what people with a penis think women should be, must be, to be a woman

As you self-righteously judge others with your holier than thou, scolding others that they must accept and embrace transgenders, or else, and you are insisting there must be a movement to force everyone to agree with your stance and support what a large portion of the population sees as misogyny and modern day blackface.

edit on 5/18/23 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

big·ot

Cambridge Dictionary:

Vocabulary . com

Collins Dictionary

Dictionary . com

Wiktionary

transphobia
noun [ U ] disapproving

yawn

Thank you Great Gatekeeper, Arbiter of All Things Socially Acceptable to think and speak.

I guess that's "case closed" then? So you have spoken, so let it be done.

Case certainly not opened in your mind, keep it closed then and wash and repeat.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

They shouldn't have done any of it in the first place. There was no reason for any of it. They tried to be "woke" and paid the price for it.

They are a beer company, they make beer, they are not a political organization.

They have been advocating for inclusiveness for the last two decades and no slump in sales. This reeks of transphobia and/or hate with some of their customers and the LGBTQ+ community walking away when they should be advocating for their attempt at inclusiveness, IMO.

Transphobia has become a word for women who are fed up with "women with a penis" having and demanding MORE rights than "women with vaginas".
Look at the average way "women with a penis" dress in social media, like pole dancers in a strip club, or like 1950-60's submissive women using sex appeal to get a man. The makeup is garish and over the top to the point of appearing like the equivalent of blackface. Insulting "women with vaginas" by saying how they dress and behave makes them "real women" and everyone has to agree they are "real women" or else.
Look at nearly all the women of the year awards giving by Biden and liberals. Nearly all were given to "women with a penis". This says to girls/women with vaginas, that to be a superior woman one must have a penis. Misogyny at it's finest.

Just because many people object to this new form of misogyny doesn't mean they are transphobic, just sick of misogynistic portrayals of what people with a penis think women should be, must be, to be a good woman.

It's more than objection, it's trans-antagonism and it's looking uglier and uglier.

The beer company didn't do it for political values, they were following what they believed to be a marketing ploy, that being inclusivity will bring in more consumers (younger generations). The beer company only now realizes that some of their consumers have made this a political issue, they were obviously slow clue in.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Conservaphobia is real.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Conservaphobia is real.

Bruh!

TM that snip...quick.

link   

Conservaphobia is real.

I actually think some conservative policies are good, but that's not what you want to hear now is it?

link   

More made up words to try to cut the argument short when you're losing.

Again, shocking.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Again, shocking.

I am not trying to win anything and I still say some of you ATSers are antagonistic against transgendered people, so what term do we apply to that? In this case, we may have to make up a new word specific to ATS.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Oh, FFS! What do you think happened?!

But we got the exact same response we get now - HATERS! BIGOTS! TRANSPHOBES! You just want them to die!

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: LSU2018

This would make sense if Bud Light had made a previous statement that trans people weren't allowed to drink their beer. What they did is a perfect example of shoving the trans agenda down our throats.

How? The only place you would have seen this marketing was on Dylan Mulvaney's social media... are you a follower of Dylan Mulvaney? And even if you are, isn't that more about Dylan Mulvaney shoving it down your throat? Not that I can see how Dylan Mulvaney's followers would feel that it was being shoved down their throats.... I'm pretty sure they already know.

There are many things they could have done that aren't political, like make pink cans for breast cancer awareness. You don't put a confused adult male who thinks he's a preteen girl on a can and expect everyone to sing kumbaya around a campfire while they drink it. Not in the real world.

To my understanding -- per Bud Light -- the Dylan Mulvaney can(s) were produced solely for Dylan Mulvaney. Those cans were never intended for nationwide sales.

Have you actually seen any of those cans in stores?

LOL Please in this day and age Kevin Hart got canceled from the Oscars on some stuff he said years ago in a tweet, and now you expect everybody to differentiate this Bud Light Dylan promotion from a regular Bud Light promotion? Talk about being disconnected from reality

It's unrealistic to think it has anything to do with the taste of the product either It's the snapback of a few years worth of cancel culture and how effective decades of advertising Budweiser and getting the consumer to identify with the brand. Many identify with it so much that the situation reflects how many dropped it like a stinky hot potato.

Can't have it both ways Anheuser Busch/In Bev in a country of 330 million people and decades of molding pliable minds with hours and hours of ads making sure beer drinkers identify with thier product, think of the blue can the blue aluminum long neck or blue labeled glass bottle as the only American light beer or the red white and blue motif of Budweiser as the American beer.

It worked, and for a healthy percentage it did just that, and from those people who work all week at crappy jobs, for crappy pay that like to stop for a few brewskis before they go home to thier crappy wife, crappy kids, and crappy life it was the one thing they looked forward too. Now they see that blue can and they don't want to identify with it anymore. In fact, for those brainwashed by years of the Clydesdales Super Bowls commercials, frog commercials, and Spuds Mackenzie it likely caused a little bit of an identity crisis. A certain percentage see Dylan floating around in the suds of the glass of BudLight as they go to drink it up.

NOT SAYING it's right or wrong but just it definitely is the reality. Hell I remember I caught chit from my buddies when I picked up my date on Friday and she wanted some ZIma, so the next day there were 3 Zimas left in my cooler when we went to fill it up with our weekend Budweiser, they cracked on me the whole night do you want to play quarters with your Zima, we will let you do Zima half shots. Honestly, I would have done the same to them. It's how guys communicate, there is no mercy, there is no understanding, and they go for every perceived weakness and pick at it incessantly.

FWIW it prepares you for the real world.

It's like Bill Burr says about not ever using an umbrella because his group of friends would call anybody who used one a homosexual slur and go oh is the little Nancy gonna get hurt by the rain.

Loads and loads of people, thats what they identify with to varying degrees, again right or wrong. Conversely to be shocked and flabbergasted that there wasn't immediate and complete acceptance shows a complete disconnect from reality the opposing view has also with varying degrees.

This isn't gonna change overnight, especially when it, to some people, feels like it's being piled on all at once.

LOL for me it bothered me more DM didn't know what March Madness was. Im not a huge College BB fan but my wives girlfriends, sisters, and daughters all knew what March Madness was

As if the teeming masses are supposed to just understand their need for their passion to wear a dress or pants and alter their biological gender when DM and ultimately the LBTQ community don't understand the masses' need or passion to watch and live and die with March Madness, and some sneer at it as a distasteful spectacle. Tell me it's not true, LOL Ive seen it live and in action. The difference is those that who do care just don't talk to those that don't about March Madness

edit on 18-5-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Funny, innit?

Oh the drama. Please stop. I don't know how much longer I can go on if this continues.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Oh, FFS! What do you think happened?!

But we got the exact same response we get now - HATERS! BIGOTS! TRANSPHOBES! You just want them to die!

From what I'm reading it really never happened. I think I read a while ago that a meager few made special accommodation, but nothing of any substance or headway for them. There's been pushback to transpeople since day 1, so I guess in their experience this is what they think they are facing. Is their anger justified in using those terms?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Again, shocking.

I am not trying to win anything and I still say some of you ATSers are antagonistic against transgendered people, so what term do we apply to that? In this case, we may have to make up a new word specific to ATS.

I don't think you're gonna get anywhere -- until you get past mental illness.

Until they understand mental disorder is not mental illness -- pretty much a lost cause.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Funny, innit?

Oh the drama. Please stop. I don't know how much longer I can go on if this continues.

I am sure you are enjoying every minute. LOL the drama.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join