It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bud Light, Your Reputation Is a Mess and There’s No Easy Fix

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Isn't that what the Christians basically did to Rome?

Anyway. AB inbev will do some shuffling around and everyone will forget about this in a years time... change the label, remove it from certain demographics, and slowly integrate it back in or elsewhere.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: quintessentone

I think Jesus is very clear on what a marriage is.

Yes marriage between a man and a woman. Show us where he gave teachings on men/men and women/women. I can't find any.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: putnam6

LOL Please in this day and age Kevin Hart got canceled from the Oscars on some stuff he said years ago in a tweet, and now you expect everybody to differentiate this Bud Light Dylan promotion from a regular Bud Light promotion? Talk about being disconnected from reality

Well, yeah... but that's not a justification for anyone else... just whataboutism. "Johnny did it first" doesn't cut it.

And, frankly, it's damn sad that people pretending to take the moral high ground would do the same as those they criticize and condemn for doing it. No moral high ground there. Just another mud wallowing competition.

As for the rest of your post, it seems to indicate that years and years of frustration and outrage found an easy target in Bud Light. Not because Bud Light did anything awful. Certainly not nearly as bad as what others have done. Bud Light was just an easy target, doing the "wrong" thing at the "right" time.

Boom!

Our only concern with the Trans agenda/ideology/activism should be that which hurts others and tramples the rights of others. That's it. A trans person endorsing a particular product on their own social media isn't a threat to anyone.

Try not to be so emotional and over the top about this, atleast with me, Im just discussing it. It's not huge subject for me, im just keeping my mind off other stuff right now. Thats okay to ask, isn't it? since you are suggesting I modify my thoughts ideas, and emotions on this subject to your particular whims.

Tell me one subject where 330 million people agree 100% of the time. Not to mention

Nowhere did I say, suggest or infer it's a threat in my post, just pointing out it's distasteful to some, just as masculinity is distasteful to some biological males and feminism is distasteful to some biological females on top of all the other quirks in everybody has in our genetic makeup.

Ironically you were as dismissive of my personal feelings on this subject, yet are upset that the majority is dismissive of your feelings on not wanting to drink Bud Light anymore, respectfully who cares. Not telling you how to feel or emotionally rationalize this subject, just give me the same courtesy and we are good. Thats the reality

Thats the thing just because you are concerned with the Trans agenda/ideology/activism doesn't make it priority one for everybody else in America.

Nobody in my circle is trans, but I do have plenty of gays and lesbians in my professional circle many I consider friends. FWIW In my business Ive probably came across a few trans and didn't even notice. Pretty much don't care. Thats the point,
I don't care enough in my life where it's even on my radar, my plate was/is full enough with my own homegrown putnam6 BS.

Why are you concerned that some people don't like it being flaunted around their kids? Have you ever raised children? it's difficult as hell as it is, seriously don't need that as part of the equation just because 1/1000 children have transgender issues.

Hell, I had friends I didn't want my kids to be around because I wasn't certain of the effect it would have on them. Overly cautious probably? but no I didn't like drinkers and hell-raisers around my kids. Even though growing up I was a bit of both.

It's no different, Im not telling anybody they can't hell raise, damn on certain levels I salute them. Just stay away from my kids, Ive seen what an alcoholic does to a family. 

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   

a reply to: DerBeobachter

There is a lot of very sad truth here.

I would add that for rainbow people to stand out, they almost have to be uncomfortably outlandish and loudly broadcast why they're so different and victimized.

Exactly and FWIW it's like when you have one angry, emotional, and rebellious child in a family setting. They are never happy and love making everybody else in the family upset and miserable just like they are.

Its where we are as a country ..

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Because you don't need them. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

What you're doing is saying that if God said, "Use a horse." You can use a cow because He didn't explicitly say not to. My cousin used a form of this reasoning as a small child. My aunt told her not to touch the pot full of boiling water on the stove, so she kissed it. Guess what happened?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
. . . . Just stay away from my kids, Ive seen what an alcoholic does to a family. 

And that's what they cannot do.

That is the one thing the left refuses to budge on.

YOU don't have a right to your children.

The state does.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Try not to be so emotional and over the top about this...

Oh dear... emotional? You thought my reply was emotional? That was funny enough that I had to share it with my husband... he got a good laugh too. Thank you!

There was nothing emotional about my reply. I spoke to principles, such as two wrongs don't make a right, as in "Johnny did it first" does not justify anything.

And, of course, just basic freedom and our moral/civic duty to support basic freedoms and not trample the freedom and rights of others.

I neither see nor feel the emotion you do. And, unlike you, I actually know what I feel and felt while writing. So sorry to disappoint you. Oh wait! No, I'm not at all sorry.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Try not to be so emotional and over the top about this...

Oh dear... emotional? You thought my reply was emotional? That was funny enough that I had to share it with my husband... he got a good laugh too. Thank you!

There was nothing emotional about my reply. I spoke to principles, such as two wrongs don't make a right, as in "Johnny did it first" does not justify anything.

And, of course, just basic freedom and our moral/civic duty to support basic freedoms and not trample the freedom and rights of others.

I neither see nor feel the emotion you do. And, unlike you, I actually know what I feel and felt while writing. So sorry to disappoint you. Oh wait! No, I'm not at all sorry.

LOL, people misunderstand other people when they are discussing issues face to face of course there are gonna be misinterpretations on a message board. The funny part is you seem to be spoiling for a fight. Again Im just wasting time,to keep me from sticking my head in a spreadsheet for the next 4 hours.

Im also trying to clarify here Bodicea you are obviously loaded for bear here, and with all honesty and sincerity, it's not as important to me as it is to you. Sorry it just isn't, I apologize if I overshot the mark but I'm glad you and your hubby had a laugh.

Funny how you focused on the first sentence, and ran off with that, and nary a comment on the bulk of the rest of the post. Thats okay too, I salute you on your quest to make all Americans think exactly the same on every issue, immediately and at the same instance. It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

Specifically though somewhat on the actual topic of the thread, how have Dylan's or any transgenders' rights been violated here solely because people decided not to buy Bud Light?

Further, can I assume you agree with the rest of my post? you didn't mention anything else. Regardless I have no ill will toward you and yours and will certainly endeavor to not trample on any of the transgenders' rights in my circle or the rights of ones I may come across in my travels.

Progress marches on...

Try not to be so emotional and over the top about this, atleast with me, Im just discussing it. It's not huge subject for me, im just keeping my mind off other stuff right now. Thats okay to ask, isn't it? since you are suggesting I modify my thoughts ideas, and emotions on this subject to your particular whims.

Tell me one subject where 330 million people agree 100% of the time. Not to mention

Nowhere did I say, suggest or infer it's a threat in my post, just pointing out it's distasteful to some, just as masculinity is distasteful to some biological males and feminism is distasteful to some biological females on top of all the other quirks in everybody has in our genetic makeup.

Ironically you were as dismissive of my personal feelings on this subject, yet are upset that the majority is dismissive of your feelings on not wanting to drink Bud Light anymore, respectfully who cares. Not telling you how to feel or emotionally rationalize this subject, just give me the same courtesy and we are good. Thats the reality

Thats the thing just because you are concerned with the Trans agenda/ideology/activism doesn't make it priority one for everybody else in America.

Nobody in my circle is trans, but I do have plenty of gays and lesbians in my professional circle many I consider friends. FWIW In my business Ive probably came across a few trans and didn't even notice. Pretty much don't care. Thats the point,
I don't care enough in my life where it's even on my radar, my plate was/is full enough with my own homegrown putnam6 BS.

Why are you concerned that some people don't like it being flaunted around their kids? Have you ever raised children? it's difficult as hell as it is, seriously don't need that as part of the equation just because 1/1000 children have transgender issues.

Hell, I had friends I didn't want my kids to be around because I wasn't certain of the effect it would have on them. Overly cautious probably? but no I didn't like drinkers and hell-raisers around my kids. Even though growing up I was a bit of both.

It's no different, Im not telling anybody they can't hell raise, damn on certain levels I salute them. Just stay away from my kids, Ive seen what an alcoholic does to a family.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What you're doing is saying that if God said, "Use a horse." You can use a cow because He didn't explicitly say not to. My cousin used a form of this reasoning as a small child. My aunt told her not to touch the pot full of boiling water on the stove, so she kissed it. Guess what happened?

No IMO it is clearly described in the Bible what is love and marriage and what is lust and immoral sexual behaviour regardless of same gender.

www.hrc.org...

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It is clearly defined what a marriage is as you clearly agreed.

Of course, this is why religious freedom is important. I am allowed, and so are the various Christian denominations, to follow the Bible. You can have your penumbras and emananations based on what isn't in scripture and clearly some denominations do this.

But you using legal marriage law to try to force uniformity on all of us is hardly 1.) Religious freedom and 2.) Live and let live.

This is very much why the Civil union angle was preferred when it came to government.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Of course, this is why religious freedom is important. I am allowed, and so are the various Christian denominations, to follow the Bible. You can have your penumbras and emananations based on what isn't in scripture and clearly some denominations do this.

But you using legal marriage law to try to force uniformity on all of us is hardly 1.) Religious freedom and 2.) Live and let live.

This is very much why the Civil union angle was preferred when it came to government.

Give the source at the link I provided a read, it's quite insightful.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: olaru12
Politics, transexuals, beer, a few more "hot" button issues like this one should insure the GOP a win come 24, if you can get the DGAF crowd off their collective asses.

Perhaps it's just me, but this rightwing obsession with "trans" seems a bit low budget for a well disposed agenda.

Yeah yeah, we get it. You've mentioned that already in this thread and nobody cares because that's not what any of this is about.

You must have cared because you bothered to respond. Thank you!!

But as I read thru the thread your obsession with others sexuality might be a cause for some self-reflection along with a lot of people responding.

Obsessive/Compulsive disorders are responsive to treatment, provided the patient recognizes their behavior as a problem.

www.mayoclinic.org...
edit on 18-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: PorkChop96

They shouldn't have done any of it in the first place. There was no reason for any of it. They tried to be "woke" and paid the price for it.

They are a beer company, they make beer, they are not a political organization.

They have been advocating for inclusiveness for the last two decades and no slump in sales. This reeks of transphobia and/or hate with some of their customers and the LGBTQ+ community walking away when they should be advocating for their attempt at inclusiveness, IMO.

Boo #ing hoo. Oh no, we put a trans on our can and nobody wants to drink our beer now, THEY'RE ALL TRANSPHOBES!!!

Phobia is an extreme, irrational, fear of something that may cause a person to panic.

I guarantee you that being disgusted by trans people isn't a phobia. Calling it a phobia is a cheap, and lame, cop out to end the discussion quickly.

BS man, I've been witness to all ATS' drag queen bashing threads, call it what you will but it is all seeded in fear.

It’s not seeded in fear, it’s seeded in choice and advertising
Poor advertising decisions and people chose

Nobody puts a donkey emblem on a street bike, never mind a person who clearly has mental issues, character of a child and uses them to sell beer

Your post has confirmation bias written all over it.

That’s my choice, not playing a victim though am I
I choose, that makes you a victim, how?

We could discuss how keeping yourself in the dark or in your emotionally safe comfort zone really does make you a victim, but we won't go there because it requires a genuine open heart and mind to go there.

Oh, I get it, you feel with your feelings that I am a victim so, naturally, I am a victim
Glad you don’t feel I am a teen girl, imagine, can you feel I get a beer deal for 100 k, be great, feel for me

Quint, this is all a bit much for your feelings, step back, it’s not healthy
We don’t have to agree, you can’t force people by moaning and feeling at them
Just accept we don’t agree, life will move on
Grow up

As I stated it requires a genuine desire to move past one's conditioning and bias. So I will grow up while you stay in your comfort zone.

My conditioning teaches me women menstruate or have, men don’t
Don’t think it’s healthy to pander to people who need mental help, think they need help from professionals
It’s the trans who want the comfort zone and deny reality
And, just btw, everyone deals with their own issues, whatever they are

Do you know the statistics of trans suicide after they have transitioned, I guarantee you havnt a bloody clue

Not all women menstruate that is a medical reality called amenorrhea, so your conditioning and bias need some tweaking on facts.

Of course you are right Quint
They don’t menstruate because they have a physical illness that interferes with their body, naturally
Not a mental illness that is pandered to by the media and the medical system
Cheap pint scoring bud, seems the attitude of your argument is the lowest common denominator
You demand your rights while impinging others, grow up.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Again... oh dear.

I honestly don't even know what to say to all this... partly because I only skimmed your comment, as I'm far more invested in the ongoing Kari Lake trial today.

I'm not sure if I'm not being clear... perhaps I'm too distracted to do so. Or maybe the problem is something entirely different. But it doesn't matter. I don't care enough right now to continue this conversation.

So think what you will. And I'll go back to Kari's trial.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Lol! We're Sorry. We Can't Find That Page.

I see. Very insightful.

You might want to fix your link. Either the one you tried was taken down and no longer exists, or you got the wrong one.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

They shouldn't have done any of it in the first place. There was no reason for any of it. They tried to be "woke" and paid the price for it.

They are a beer company, they make beer, they are not a political organization.

They have been advocating for inclusiveness for the last two decades and no slump in sales. This reeks of transphobia and/or hate with some of their customers and the LGBTQ+ community walking away when they should be advocating for their attempt at inclusiveness, IMO.

Boo #ing hoo. Oh no, we put a trans on our can and nobody wants to drink our beer now, THEY'RE ALL TRANSPHOBES!!!

Phobia is an extreme, irrational, fear of something that may cause a person to panic.

I guarantee you that being disgusted by trans people isn't a phobia. Calling it a phobia is a cheap, and lame, cop out to end the discussion quickly.

BS man, I've been witness to all ATS' drag queen bashing threads, call it what you will but it is all seeded in fear.

It’s not seeded in fear, it’s seeded in choice and advertising
Poor advertising decisions and people chose

Nobody puts a donkey emblem on a street bike, never mind a person who clearly has mental issues, character of a child and uses them to sell beer

Your post has confirmation bias written all over it.

That’s my choice, not playing a victim though am I
I choose, that makes you a victim, how?

We could discuss how keeping yourself in the dark or in your emotionally safe comfort zone really does make you a victim, but we won't go there because it requires a genuine open heart and mind to go there.

Oh, I get it, you feel with your feelings that I am a victim so, naturally, I am a victim
Glad you don’t feel I am a teen girl, imagine, can you feel I get a beer deal for 100 k, be great, feel for me

Quint, this is all a bit much for your feelings, step back, it’s not healthy
We don’t have to agree, you can’t force people by moaning and feeling at them
Just accept we don’t agree, life will move on
Grow up

As I stated it requires a genuine desire to move past one's conditioning and bias. So I will grow up while you stay in your comfort zone.

My conditioning teaches me women menstruate or have, men don’t
Don’t think it’s healthy to pander to people who need mental help, think they need help from professionals
It’s the trans who want the comfort zone and deny reality
And, just btw, everyone deals with their own issues, whatever they are

Do you know the statistics of trans suicide after they have transitioned, I guarantee you havnt a bloody clue

Not all women menstruate that is a medical reality called amenorrhea, so your conditioning and bias need some tweaking on facts.

Of course you are right Quint
They don’t menstruate because they have a physical illness that interferes with their body, naturally
Not a mental illness that is pandered to by the media and the medical system
Cheap pint scoring bud, seems the attitude of your argument is the lowest common denominator
You demand your rights while impinging others, grow up.

Grow wide, many are demanding their rights while impinging the rights of others, it works both ways.

Just pointing our your bias and generalizing doesn't cut it.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

No IMO it is clearly described in the Bible what is love and marriage and what is lust and immoral sexual behaviour regardless of same gender.

www.hrc.org...

Why would I even care what the Bible says or doesn't say?

It is not relevant in our secular laws.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Lol! We're Sorry. We Can't Find That Page.

I see. Very insightful.

You might want to fix your link. Either the one you tried was taken down and no longer exists, or you got the wrong one.

www.hrc.org...

I didn't copy it all the way, I guess that was unconscious because I know it will be a waste of time.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

www.hrc.org...

Why would I even care what the Bible says or doesn't say?

It is not relevant in our secular laws.

Sometimes I wonder about that.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Anyway, a regular guy that owns a liquor store says people will be drinking Bud Light again and with gusto.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join