It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Wow, that comment is the epitome of f--- flyover isn't it?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

Missouri has "intelligence"? Who knew.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

china google maps is taking a big picture of what America have and do not have they pay the democrats china biden administration for it, hunter just deposited the money in the bank.

Big tech is complicit with it, we got traitors in America running the nation.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: JinMI

Because China admitted it? See earlier posts.

You never disappoint.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Go you one better.

That is a photo of a "balloon", or possibly, an Aerostat.

The Chinese have claimed that "an Airship" is at the center of this flap.

The Pentagon has said that the vehicle is maneuverable.

Balloons are not "maneuverable" in the usual sense; they can go up or down, that is all.

"Airships", on ther hand, are self-propelled, and can go left/right/forward/backwards, at will, in addition to up and down.

So...

That photo is most likely not of a Chinese spy airship.

Why is it being plastered across the media the way it is?

Perhaps because the military does not want to reveal the capability that allowed them to identify and track the real vehicle, but did want the Chinese to know, publicly, that their efforts at stealthy ISR are ineffective.
edit on 3-2-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

link   
Spy balloon makes everyone forget about what's really happening.

link   

*Quirks eyebrow*

That comment is also the epitome of f--- flyover. Am I allowed to feel offended or am I too stupid to realize that I was just insulted?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Just watched a Pentagon press briefing-They reject Chinas claim its a weather ballon,and he just said :

"We know this is a surveillance balloon.Not saying how,but we know."

They are still watching it,say it can manouvre it the air and won't say if they will shoot it down when it goes over water.

"they know."

So it's by all means, permissible, via our govt.

Say one wished to be hyperbolic, this is a hostile invasion then by all available public evidence.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Looks like the solar panels on the ISS...

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Spy balloon makes everyone forget about what's really happening.

And gives reporters something to
Question, other than the obvious (mRNA and the future of our fertility).

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is to provoke a response. This is not an air incursion with a few jets skimming our borders. This is not then buzzing our ships in the Pacific. This is not incursions in to Taiwanese airspace. That is already happening.

This would be like a neighbor pissing on your fence, then #ting on your porch. Are you just gonna sit there?

Any word on carrier movement changes? Deployments? B2 getting ready since the other places that have seen these are Guam and Hawaii?

Our current administration and JCOS are horrible and we look like weak. Beyond weak.

The only reason this would not be shot down is if there is a weapon that could hurt us. Nothing else. What 'intel' is gained from studying a f'n ballon you have already studied. The MSM story is garbage.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
The MSM story is garbage.

I think you are on to something. None of this adds up.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Solar panels look like solar panels.

They are on the bloody balloon though, not on the ISS.

Blimey, do some folk on here actually believe the thing is behind the ISS?

Which streaks across the sky at a rate of knots?

Unlike this balloon.

Wait, I do seem to recall some on here claiming that the ISS is an inflatable balloon.

So........bonkers is still bonkers. Apparently.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

But, China has admitted it?

What's your point?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

But, China has admitted it?

What's your point?

It's my balloon.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

*Quirks eyebrow*

That comment is also the epitome of f--- flyover. Am I allowed to feel offended or am I too stupid to realize that I was just insulted?

You might say that, I, couldn't possibly comment!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

OK..........

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Perhaps because the military does not want to reveal the capability that allowed them to identify and track the real vehicle, but did want the Chinese to know, publicly, that their efforts at stealthy ISR are ineffective.

I thought about that too and I agree that's a possibility.

This whole Magic Balloon Show is too obvious if not plain goofy. It reeks of propaganda games.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Its over the central US according to the Pentagon, and getting reports over Kansas area which fits

It's not over Kansas.

I just watched the Pentagon briefing live. It's still over Montana, but they are saying the exact location is classified. That's military code for "too close to sensitive military locations." I would suspect southeastern Montana, moving eastward toward northern South Dakota. Kansas is a couple of states away, and those are BIG states.

They're also flat. On my first trip through Kansas, I was taking to a friend on the phone and I mentioned a big storm way off to my left. He looked it up on radar... it was in Texas! Not even northern Texas; it was close to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The Great Plains are called that because they are flat... you can see for a few hundred miles either way. I have no doubt this balloon can be seen from Kansas, especially with a small telescope; it is at 60,000 feet, whereas a storm rarely gets above 40,000 feet. It can probably be seen from Iowa, too, but that doesn't mean it is over Iowa.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Second one in Canada still, apparently:

"A high-altitude surveillance balloon was detected and its movements are being actively tracked," Canada's defense department said in a statement.

"Canadians are safe and Canada is taking steps to ensure the security of its airspace, including the monitoring of a potential second incident."

"Canada's intelligence agencies are working with American partners and continue to take all necessary measures to safeguard Canada's sensitive information from foreign intelligence threats."

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join