It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: MIT Professor calls for the immediate suspension of all mRNA vaccines

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That's right.

But the Spanish flu was the dominate strain between 1920 and 1931, H1N1, it became the seasonal flu and it worried the US military to the point they spread headed the vaccine programs, and then H1N1 took a sharp decline.

As I said in one of my last posts only the children of those directly descended from the survivors of the Spanish flu really have a good immunity to H1N1, hence why in 2009 the majority of people who caught swine flu were people jn my age group, mellenials.

Theb timeline suggests the Spanish flu lingered between 1919 and 1931, about... a decade.

My main point is that viruses just don't go away because we declared a pandemic over. History isn't set in stone events, it's transitory, it flows, just like biology.
edit on 1-2-2023 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Asmodeus3
Which member was that?

Page 4 it's the first comment by quintessentone

Oh I see, you don't know what Covid-19 is or where it came from, how unobservant of me. Covid-19 came from SARS-CoV-2, both being virus. Now perhaps we can have an intelligent discussion?

So both being... virus.... See the other part of the message. It's equally interesting!

Both this member and strongfp also think that herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 can be achieved via vaccinations.

But as we all know there is no herd immunity given that the vaccines cannot prevent infection or transmission and the nature of the new variants.

Herd immunity now seems impossible. Welcome to the age of Covid reinfection. The virus is now embedded in our world. But there are steps we can take to keep it at bay while we continue to live our lives

Professor Devi Sridhar is chair of global public health at the University of Edinburgh

There are several other links in my thread about herd immunity.

Also the member strongfp has said on Page 3

Yes, I'm starting to notice that basic information is being blatantly ignored...

Oh the irony!

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Putting words in my mouth, go back snd you'll see that I fully admitted that herd immunity via vaccines has passed.
But using vaccines to achieve heed immunity in general is possible. We have done it dozens of times and are still doing it.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

That's right.

But the Spanish flu was the dominate strain between 1920 and 1931, H1N1, it became the seasonal flu and it worried the US military to the point they spread headed the vaccine programs, and then H1N1 took a sharp decline.

As I said in one of my last posts only the children of those directly descended from the survivors of the Spanish flu really have a good immunity to H1N1, hence why in 2009 the majority of people who caught swine flu were people jn my age group, mellenials.

Theb timeline suggests the Spanish flu lingered between 1919 and 1931, about... a decade.

My main point is that viruses just don't go away because we declared a pandemic over. History isn't set in stone events, it's transitory, it flows, just like biology.

Your analysis here is just irrelevant. Unless you believe that we think viruses 'go away' as you said at the end of the pandemic.

Your arguments are false.

Spanish flu took almost a decade to stop its spread, and it only stopped because of vaccines.

When technology works for humanity, its not profit, its just working.

The Spanish Flu Pandemic didn't last for a decade and it wasn't stopped because of vaccines. That's absolutely false.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
Do you have a link that backs up this statement?

Spanish flu took almost a decade to stop its spread, and it only stopped because of vaccines.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Putting words in my mouth, go back snd you'll see that I fully admitted that herd immunity via vaccines has passed.
But using vaccines to achieve heed immunity in general is possible. We have done it dozens of times and are still doing it.

Your arguments as usual seem to be in a turmoil. Take a look on what you have claimed on various occasions and you keep going about the same arguments again and again.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Alright, you're right.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Do you have a link that backs up this statement?

Same member said

Yes, I'm starting to notice that basic information is being blatantly ignored..

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What do I need links for? It's common sense analysis of the timeline from when the Spanish flu was declared a pandemic to 1931 when they developed a vaccine for that strain and other strains of influenza.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I would like a link that states that vaccines stopped Spanish flu.....because you are claiming that vaccines stopped the Spanish flu.

Go online and read this article:

How Does a Pandemic End? Here's What We Can Learn From the 1918 Flu.....from time.com.

Even after that virus died out, it would be years before scientists better understood what happened, and some mystery still remains. Here’s what we do know: in order for a pandemic to end, the disease in question has to reach a point at which it is unable to successfully find enough hosts to catch it and then spread it.

It does not say anything about vaccines stopping the spread of the 1918 pandemic......go and check it out.
edit on 1-2-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well, I guess it was just a coincidence that once the flu vaccine was made h1n1 basically went away.

Do you think covid is still in pandemic status?
We've learned a lot about viruses since the Spanish flu, that they do linger and they don't just go away because we decide it's over. Why is the Spanish flu any different?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Couldn't agree more....

I'm not sure how old you are....but I think you are one of the ones we hippies from the 60's ...hoped would be a voice in the future.

Thnx, best, MS👍✌️
edit on 02235328America/ChicagoWed, 01 Feb 2023 09:16:53 -060016202300000053 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Well, I guess it was just a coincidence that once the flu vaccine was made h1n1 basically went away.

We've learned a lot about viruses since the Spanish flu, that they do linger and they don't just go away because we decide it's over. Why is the Spanish flu any different?

It is amazing that you are still arguing over the same lines and making the one argument after the other without acknowledging or understanding that what you have claimed was completely false.

When technology works for humanity, its not profit, its just working.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It's not a coincidence...

Viruses are like all life: They wants to survive and propagate.

A virus that is too deadly kills all of it's hosts, so it doesn't survive. Viruses evolve to be less deadly, ALWAYS. There is no coincidence, or mystery here.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Another question.

Do you agree with what another member said yesterday which I have linked above

Covid-19 came from SARS-CoV-2, both being virus.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

Just because you come out guns a blazing and yelling doesn't mean you're right.

The Spanish flu caused the world to look for more alternatives and not rely on viruses to just rip through populations killing millions of people to gain immunity.
It promoted us, humans, people, to work towards a vaccine program to fight agaisnt influenza, and it's worked so far.

Also, why not work towards a vaccine during a pandemic? We isolated covid within weeks in dozens of different places around the world, hell, a hospital down the road from where I work did it alone. Get down to reality, just because YOU don't agree with medical science, doesn't mean they're wrong.

I refuted your BS about the spanish flu and gave you references.
10 years - FALSE
Spanish flu did not disappear because of vaccines - there were no vaccines then
The spanish fly ended as all pandemics do as viruses evolve to be less virulent
I gave you a reference from a doctor of immunology

The normal approval process for any medication takes years to ensure safety

You gave me nothing, no reference.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxxAction

Except they were finding that people getting the flu leading up to 1931 weren't developing antibodies... prompting the panic to create vaccines. Viruses are strange things.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

a reply to: MaxxAction

Except they were finding that people getting the flu leading up to 1931 weren't developing antibodies... prompting the panic to create vaccines. Viruses are strange things.

So if you get infected with a given strain of the virus especially prior to 1931 you didn't develop antibodies??? How??? Any reference on this??? Why people can't develop antibodies??? Remember that the vast majority of those infected with the H1N1 virus during the pandemic survived the infection and didn't have any problems. About 90% of them.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I don't get why you can't understand this concept. Read this paper and it will explain it for you.

As of April 2021, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the causative agent of COVID-19, accounted for more than 143 million infections and more than three million deaths worldwide.

www.nature.com...

As for herd immunity, you and I are both right and here's why.

Further investigation reveals that herd immunity can not be reached if the community is in a 'sylvatic cycle' with wildlife and with certain types of domestic animals that can contract the virus from wild animals then transmit it to humans, but the study below does not show common farm and domesticated animals as being able to transmit the virus to humans.

Recent studies on domesticated animals show that some get it and some don't, the ones that get it seem to only infect species to species, not animal to human, so this relationship/community would not be considered to be in a 'sylvatic cycle' so then it would be possible to attain herd immunity along with other factors taken into consideration, such as vaccination percentage of population, hygiene, masking and low population density, to name a few.

Basically, a sylvatic cycle means that once a virus is widespread in wildlife, it will spread to humans and non-wild domestic animals. As a result, pathogen transmission then involves spread from domestic animals to other domestic animals and to humans, and human to human, referred to as the urban cycle. This is exactly where we are now with regard to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. There is no herd immunity where there is a sylvatic cycle, the virus will always find a susceptible human from an animal and begin the cycle of human-to-human spread, as the virus continues to evolve and mutate in the wildlife population. Considering the level of infection already among the wildlife population, as Quammen states, “then there is no end to COVID-19.”

www.nature.com...

www.yahoo.com...

Study on animals and coronovirus transmission.

modernfarmer.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I don't get why you can't understand this concept. Read this paper and it will explain it for you.

As of April 2021, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the causative agent of COVID-19, accounted for more than 143 million infections and more than three million deaths worldwide.

www.nature.com...

As for herd immunity, you and I are both right and here's why.

Further investigation reveals that herd immunity can not be reached if the community is in a 'sylvatic cycle' with wildlife and with certain types of domestic animals that can contract the virus from wild animals then transmit it to humans, but the study below does not show common farm and domesticated animals as being able to transmit the virus to humans.

Recent studies on domesticated animals show that some get it and some don't, the ones that get it seem to only infect species to species, not animal to human, so this relationship/community would not be considered to be in a 'sylvatic cycle' so then it would be possible to attain herd immunity along with other factors taken into consideration, such as vaccination percentage of population, hygiene, masking and low population density, to name a few.

Basically, a sylvatic cycle means that once a virus is widespread in wildlife, it will spread to humans and non-wild domestic animals. As a result, pathogen transmission then involves spread from domestic animals to other domestic animals and to humans, and human to human, referred to as the urban cycle. This is exactly where we are now with regard to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. There is no herd immunity where there is a sylvatic cycle, the virus will always find a susceptible human from an animal and begin the cycle of human-to-human spread, as the virus continues to evolve and mutate in the wildlife population. Considering the level of infection already among the wildlife population, as Quammen states, “then there is no end to COVID-19.”

www.nature.com...

www.yahoo.com...

Study on animals and coronovirus transmission.

modernfarmer.com...

What concept is that?

Have you realised what your claim was??

The herd immunity claim is a debunked claim. Is not going to happen with vaccines that cannot prevent transmission and infection and with new emerging variants.

Herd immunity now seems impossible. Welcome to the age of Covid reinfection. The virus is now embedded in our world. But there are steps we can take to keep it at bay while we continue to live our lives

Professor Devi Sridhar is chair of global public health at the University of Edinburgh

edit on 1-2-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join