It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: MIT Professor calls for the immediate suspension of all mRNA vaccines

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: M5xaz

Spanish flu took almost a decade to stop its spread, and it only stopped because of vaccines.

Totally false.
It lasted from 1918-1921
There were NO vaccines in 1918
"By 1920, the virus that caused the pandemic evolved to become much less deadly and subsequently caused only ordinary seasonal flu.[149] By 1921, deaths had returned to pre-pandemic levels"
Influenza viruses naturally evolve to be less virulent with time
en.wikipedia.org...

And the current Covid shot DOES NOT WORK, and I gave you references
More:

www.audacy.com...

edit on 31-1-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

Quite aside from the fact that "Dr Roger Hodkinson – “You never, ever, ever start a vaccination programme in the middle of a Pandemic"
expose-news.com...

This fake vaccine, if anything, prolonged the pandemic, 2019 to 2023 and counting, 4 years and counting instead of thress years for the 1918 flu

QED
edit on 31-1-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Spanish flu took almost a decade to stop its spread, and it only stopped because of vaccines.

When technology works for humanity, its not profit, its just working.

Your arguments are In a turmoil!!

You clearly don't know what you are talking about and you are making one false argument after the other.

You have said that herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 can be achieved through vaccination. This is debunked claim that has been propagated so to cajole people to get vaccinated.

It's hilarious another member has given you a star for your claim that the Spanish Flu took almost a decade to stop its spread and that it only stopped because of the vaccines. It shows clearly what confusion exists among vaccine apologists who seem not to have understood the basics.

The H1N1 influenza virus has caused the Spanish Flu that has killed according to estimates around 50 million people and has infected around 500 million people resulting in a very high infection fatality rate of about 10%

1) The Pandemic didn't last for a decade. It lasted for approximately 2 years. It produced probably 3-4 waves and the dates are given as February of 1918 to March/April 2020. With the second wave to be the more deadly one.

So your argument that it took a decade to stop its sired has no merits and it has just come out of your mind.

2) In 1918 there were no vaccines for the H1N1 influenza virus.

Clearly you have confused your arguments and you need to s
and reflect upon what you are writing down. Think before you post such misinformation.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   

We have learnt something new today!

Here it comes

While yesterday another vaccine apologist has argued the following

Covid-19 came from SARS-CoV-2, both being virus

So it seems according to them that the Spanish Flu lasted for almost a decade and it was finally managed by the use of vaccines. Although I don't seem to remember its name. If you can remind me please.

And we seem to have two viruses that circulate. Covid-19 that has come from SARS-CoV-2. Both being virus. I think the other member probably implies that the Covid-19 virus is more pathogenic than SARS-CoV-2.

What do you think?

Earlier the member you were replying to argued that vaccines don't prevent transmission and infection. You will still get infected and transmit the virus and the vaccine is only there to lessen the symptoms and the severity of the diseases.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Just because you come out guns a blazing and yelling doesn't mean you're right.

The Spanish flu caused the world to look for more alternatives and not rely on viruses to just rip through populations killing millions of people to gain immunity.
It promoted us, humans, people, to work towards a vaccine program to fight agaisnt influenza, and it's worked so far.

Also, why not work towards a vaccine during a pandemic? We isolated covid within weeks in dozens of different places around the world, hell, a hospital down the road from where I work did it alone. Get down to reality, just because YOU don't agree with medical science, doesn't mean they're wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Just because you come out guns a blazing and yelling doesn't mean you're right.

The Spanish flu caused the world to look for more alternatives and not rely on viruses to just rip through populations killing millions of people to gain immunity.
It promoted us, humans, people, to work towards a vaccine program to fight agaisnt influenza, and it's worked so far.

Also, why not work towards a vaccine during a pandemic? We isolated covid within weeks in dozens of different places around the world, hell, a hospital down the road from where I work did it alone. Get down to reality, just because YOU don't agree with medical science, doesn't mean they're wrong.

You are making further nonsensical claims.

The Spanish Flu Pandemic didn't last for a decade and there were no vaccines for the H1N1 virus at that time. So the spread wasn't stopped as a result of the vaccines as vaccines didn't exist for that virus at that time.

So your claims are demonstrably false.

I see you keep on the track as the other member who was claimed that Covid-19 came from SARS-CoV-2, both being virus...

Have you isolated Covid?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

They started working on the vaccine after the utter disaster of a response to the Spanish flu, and all sorts of vaccines were developed, but since the technology was rather new nothing was working, then around the 1930s they started noticing people just weren't developing antibodies to influenza and people started taking it more seriously and isolated the virus. From there a proper vaccine was made.

Why are you being so naive to the fact that pandemics don't just, end, they linger on, there's still strains of Spanish flu floating around to this day.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
This has been 'fact checked':

The 1918 flu pandemic lasted about 18 months and ended after either people had been exposed to the virus or it became less life threatening.

Historically, most pandemics end within 2 to 3 years as the virus mutates into a less virulent pathogen and the population builds up immunity. This is what happened to the influenza strain behind the 1918 flu pandemic, and what many virologists hope will happen with the coronavirus — whether that happens with Omicron, a variant that appears to cause milder infections, or another future variant is unknown.

www.healthline.com...

edit on 1-2-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

There's more than one strain of influenza. Spanish flu reached pandemic status, but other strains were still popping up in endemic cases.

Your fact check website is giving a very watered down version of what influenza is, and how it has spread. That doesn't negate away from the fact that the Spanish flu was a watershed moment to get in gear and work towards a vaccine program.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Can I see some links about that please?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   

They started working on the vaccine after the utter disaster of a response to the Spanish flu, and all sorts of vaccines were developed, but since the technology was rather new nothing was working, then around the 1930s they started noticing people just weren't developing antibodies to influenza and people started taking it more seriously and isolated the virus. From there a proper vaccine was made.

Why are you being so naive to the fact that pandemics don't just, end, they linger on, there's still strains of Spanish flu floating around to this day.

This is what you said earlier which some of us have challenged as it is completely false.

The Spanish Flu Pandemic didn't last for a decade and there were no vaccines for the H1N1 virus at that time. So the spread wasn't stopped as a result of the vaccines as vaccines didn't exist for that virus at that time.

For most part of human history vaccines didn't exist by the way. Arguing that only vaccines stop the spread of the virus is just another false claim. Viruses mutate and become less pathogenic over time so to live peacefully with their hosts otherwise the human race would have extincted long time ago.

So the Spanish Flu Pandemic didn't end 1920 but continued for many years after and vaccines stopped it?
You understand the meaning of nonsense?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

You just have to wait for an infinite amount of time.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Did you still argue that herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 is popsicle with the current vaccines and profile of the virus?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

You just have to wait for an infinite amount of time.

For what?
Are you looking for a link?

Edit.
Sorry Asmodeus3 l, I thought the reply was from strongfp.
Are are saying that strongfp won't be able to find a link that backs up his statement?

I must admit I did put that statement into Google and I quoted what I found from Healthline for strongfp to read.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Have you seen the other claim made by another member

Covid-19 came from SARS-CoV-2, both being virus

So we seem to have two viruses. One came from the other....

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Which member was that?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Now would be a good time to admit that your argument is sinking faster than the titanic, stop digging, and live to fight another day...

You keep going down this path no one will ever take you serious again.
edit on 1-2-2023 by MaxxAction because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I work for a living. I'm not glued to my computer arguing over vaccines all day.

The Spanish flu was a strain of H1N1, which still exists today, and we developed a vaccine for it in 1931, prior to that strains of H1N1 were still floating around the world in endemic status, but since so many people died or caught the specific strain of Spanish flu it didn't go back to pandemic status.

Just because that specific strain started at some point and then was declared over doesn't mean it wasn't still floating around. If it wasn't for the development of vaccines for influenza we'd most likely have seen another flu pandemic. We even might see one within the next 5p years when boomers start dying off, the main demographic that would have legacy immunity to H1N1.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxxAction

You keep going down this path no one will ever take you serious again

No one ever takes me seriously anyways around here. I go agaisnt the grain and it's like I'm a government agent spying on you guys or something.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

The virus responsible for the 1918 influenza pandemic still circulates today. But it was much deadlier then, mainly because humans today are descended from people who survived the infection more than a hundred years ago and so they've inherited some form of genetic immunity, Calvignac-Spencer said.
www.livescience.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   

a reply to: MaxxAction

You keep going down this path no one will ever take you serious again

No one ever takes me seriously anyways around here. I go agaisnt the grain and it's like I'm a government agent spying on you guys or something.

No that's not correct. You are making false claims and you don't seem to understand the basics in biology, immunology, and infectious diseases. Yet you are coming up with a range of arguments that have been constructed in your head without even bothering reading anything.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join