It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police bodycam footage of Tyre Nichols released.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
The violence was already described in detail in the news. I don't see any reason for watching it and becoming desensitized as some of you here.

When you see real life, even on a screen, it's different to spoonfed scripted garble stuffed in forcefully to overcome the ability to FEEL any more.

Watch it and live with the FEAR. It will make you stronger and more human. Your feelings are yours to control.

Or go back to the pre-scripted barfing black boxes of fantasy and doubt.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Imagine a scenario where you are fighting a war with Russia and there is an established line with trenches on either side and the the Russians break out this old school weapon in the form of loudspeakers across the line broadcasting demoralizing propaganda, hate, division, or whatever other psychological tactic you could imagine.

Would not your target be that loudspeaker or would you just allow it to continue?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: offensive
just more black on black crime as far as I can tell.

Funny you mention this.

On the radio I heard the Nichols' father speak, he wanted to know why the white guy who repeatedly tazed his son is not being held responsible.

In the videos so far I see mostly black guys. One white guy by the car, then another white (his body cam) helping the one cop get the pepper spray out of his eyes. It looks like he was wrapping up tazer wires. The tazing would have been way before the beating and not a cause for death.

So, why is he bothered about the white guy? The one of 2? I guess this father had to work hard to try and blame whitey.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Merlynn

Warnock and Sharpton should be along any time now with a kill whitey!

Something along the lines of... "it's not these brothers fault they workin' for the man, they got us killin' eachother"

You know because we haven't heard that before @@

edit on 28-1-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Justoneman

They will get long jail terms if they don't get the death sentence.

Honest question.

Is it possible for those convicted of second-degree murder to receive the death penalty in the USA or the state?

I am not a legal expert.

If Memphis Tennessee has a law like that would be the 1st question.

edit on 28-1-2023 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: SourGrapes

Once again, the police chief has come out and said there was no justification for pulling Nichols over. The fact that these officers were promptly fired, arrested, and the union is silent means there is no defending them.

Since some users want to bring the race of the officers into this, would this be the case if there was even a single white officer responsible?

Great post, but what is that last paragraph??? We should keep this to "just the facts of the case ma'am" as was said by Joe Friday. AND The same woke people always say white racism no matter the skin color of the perp. That is watering down the meaning of racism. Is it wrong to notice that the liberal catch phrase of "white racism" comes into play when it was just plain old thug oriented? The thug world has no official skin color, and every one of these incidents should be based on the case.

If the Memphis leadership has a Black Female Police Chief who fired them on the spot, BLM should be able to understand that it was thugs playing stupid games. Now they get to get the stupid player's reward they didn't understand they were seeking by being so stupid. Now a man is dead while they have ruined their own lives for no good reason that we can see.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I've never been to Memphis. Is it small enough where people for the most part know each other?

I was there in the late 60's as a child and I keep up just enough to know it is a big city, a lot of territory and about a million. Likely the cops know certain areas and who is in them. If the victim had complained on them and they did this, we have a question of premeditated to consider.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Rabbit might of had a little squirrel in him, little squirrel get up that tree once or twice was usually enough to send my jack russell terrier into a fit of rage.

I am curious to know any prior interactions too, those details aren't being broadcast like it was for Floyd/Trayvon.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: carewemust

I've never been to Memphis. Is it small enough where people for the most part know each other?

I was there in the late 60's as a child and I keep up just enough to know it is a big city, a lot of territory and about a million. Likely the cops know certain areas and who is in them. If the victim had complained on them and they did this, we have a question of premeditated to consider.

Plus, the guy was surrounded (NOT pulled over) by unmarked police cars with "undercover" cops (not street cops, like those that typically pull people over) three houses away from home?

It almost looks like they were waiting for him.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The police - outsourcing white supremacy since 1790.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I blame the attacks on police officers. People who would do the job for the right reasons will avoid becoming police officers. What you are left with is the lower end of the employment pool. These officers got mad that he ran instead of controlling their temper they went into some weird mob justice. This is what happens when intelligent people avoid law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well there's definitely more to it no doubt, there's nothing random about this when you think about it.

Have to consider this locale required a task force, and also Tyree may have gotten over on them somehow previously and that's a kind of personal hit for these 5 cops.

I can pretty much give you an intelligence quotient by their vocabulary alone so they'd be susceptible to bruised egos.

/or they could have been dirty and Tyree knew something... but a random shooting in an alley somewhere would have been that solution so I'm leaning to the bruised egos. At any rate premeditation is going to be a hard card to pull.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

The protestors in Atlanta were strictly and peacefully focused on protesting Cop City. That is until the cops killed a protestor and, surprise, surprise, their body cams were turned off. Now guess who's being charged with terrorism for protesting over that?

In Atlanta, who shot first?

I think he wanted to be a martyr.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I still think we need to see the dash cam footage before the stop. It would clear up a lot of misunderstandings on this discussion.

It is already obvious the five were not very interested in subdoing Nichols. They were wanting to have fun beating him.

They could have overpowered him and cuffed him in moments but they wanted to drag it out.

edit on 1 29 2023 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 04:16 AM
link   
So the Tyree incident happened 3 week ago, but you've only heard about it for the past 3 days nationally...

Now we know why Pelosi and Tyree videos were held. Trump kicked of his campaign tour yesterday with thousands of people outside in NH.

/whats bigger than Trump? the police killing a black man maybe... 3 weeks ago humm, but I never heard the name Tyree Nichols until maybe 72 hours ago max. I guess the media figured out a way to overshadow Trump so they didn't have to run him in the headlines, a little steal Trump's thunder action.

Meanwhile just in the nick of time Newsmax (who covers Trump) is deplatformed from DirecTV.

edit on 29-1-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I am the only one but when I watched it, it looked personal. Like he owed him money or something.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
I'm not sure if I am the only one but when I watched it, it looked personal. Like he owed him money or something.

The evidence is getting more and more conclusive to me that you are correct.

The woke chief of police said there was no reason to pull this man over at that time. We have a premeditated beating that went too far. Murder 1 should be on the table.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What is crazy to me is that the firefighters/EMTs that arrived on the scene are being put on leave and people are also wanted them charged. It ridiculous to think that the EMTs could of stopped the cops from beating him to death. Also they are trying to bring race into it by saying the other one or two white cops on scene should be charged also but they never even touched the guy, I’m not sure who was the highest rank senior officer on scene but if it was one of the ones actually charged then there wasn’t much they could do. Black on black crime is tenfold the amount of white on black crime but of course MSN wants to bring race into by looping in EMTs and other officers who didn’t even touch him into it. Dont be an idiot though if cops are this aggressive don’t resist and for god shake don’t run because when they catch they are really gonn an beat you up. Not saying it’s right and is definitely an huge issue in US with cops taking everything personal but if you value your life then don’t resist. Resisting like this is how he ended up dead, once again police shouldn’t act like this and this an who do should be thrown I jail, but rather have my life than have a small chance of lawsuit to win some cash.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: snrb123
What’s sad to me is the masses view it for entertainment. They will continue their lives as if nothing happened.

Exactly, this is the entertainment part in 'bread and circuses' for those people who can not identify with the victim.

For others who can identify with the victim, it can be traumatic to watch. How I identify with the victim is because he is my son's age and there is that connection. So I still won't watch it, although it is proving very difficult because news stations are showing it over and over without much time after the warning. Even watching Tyre's parents on the news, I can connect and sympathize to some extent how losing a son that age in that way could be traumatic.

“The first time that you see something happening, this horrible crisis, you’re overwhelmed by it and you try to help. You think, ‘Where do I go to protest?’” Moeller said. “But then if the same type of event keeps occurring, you throw up your hands ― your going out on the street doesn’t seem to make a difference.”

For some people, it can feel like they have to choose between re-experiencing trauma and becoming numb to the footage, Goff said.

www.huffpost.com...

Feeling trauma or feeling numb or feeling desensitized.
edit on q00000013131America/Chicago2727America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q00000014131America/Chicago3030America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Parcus41

D

ont be an idiot though if cops are this aggressive don’t resist and for god shake don’t run because when they catch they are really gonn an beat you up. Not saying it’s right and is definitely an huge issue in US with cops taking everything personal but if you value your life then don’t resist. Resisting like this is how he ended up dead, once again police shouldn’t act like this and this an who do should be thrown I jail, but rather have my life than have a small chance of lawsuit to win some cash.

People don’t like to hear this obvious solution to this problem.

Even here, besides the civil rights people they recoil from the idea that the problem would solve itself tremendously if people STOPPED resisting and some even fights cops on the street.

The civil rights brothers need to go on national TV, put on billboards and tell young black people ( and all people)
TO STOP FIGHTING AND RESISTING COPS ON THE STREET

It's not about anything but saving lives.

One can sue the cops later.

A lot of these young black people are brainwashed, and a massive advertisement program by civil rights leaders can curtail this in the minds of these people inclined to do that.

I know what I'm talking about. Back in the day when I was a street guy maybe 100 times, I've been rousted by cops,( I won't go into why) and that was when they really were kicking assess on the street. Not 5 minutes I would leave my house, and they would have me in or on a cop car rousting me.

All one has to do is do what they ask... it's that simple and NEVER had any of these cops get tough. They won't unless you provoke them.

If you'll notice NOT even gangsters will fight or resist a cop or gang members. You never hear this happening to a street gang member. WHY.

Because real tough guys(gang members and mafia types) know it's a damn stupid thing to get in a street fight with cops.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join