It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police bodycam footage of Tyre Nichols released.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What’s sad to me is the masses view it for entertainment. They will continue their lives as if nothing happened.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Once again, the police chief has come out and said there was no justification for pulling Nichols over. The fact that these officers were promptly fired, arrested, and the union is silent means there is no defending them.

Since some users want to bring the race of the officers into this, would this be the case if there was even a single white officer responsible?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

So you're making the Nuremberg Defense?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Once again, the police chief has come out and said there was no justification for pulling Nichols over. The fact that these officers were promptly fired, arrested, and the union is silent means there is no defending them.

Since some users want to bring the race of the officers into this, would this be the case if there was even a single white officer responsible?

I asked about his autopsy, because I read many comments on this thread referencing Tyre being on something and/or resisting arrest. I'm pointing out what I saw, didn't see, in the video.

It looks like he was compliant, from the beginning. So, I'm trying to discount the rumors, or opinions, of Tyre resisting arrest.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

As far as I'm aware no autopsy reporthas been released. Even if it had been, it would in no way justify the execution we saw.

However, be prepared for people to defend the pigs' actions if there's even the slightest trace of weed in his system.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
One thing is probable. For these barbarians to do this knowing the cameras are on is frightening because it shows they do this regularly and have gotten away with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I like how you pushed a politice brutality issue as the fault of the black community. Racist much?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Cops are not racist. They will screw with anyone.

There are no good cops because there are bad cops. I saw cops away from the beating walking away. They should have been shot on scene while attempting murder. If he was beating a cop like that they would have shot him.

No good cops.

Take all their weapons and watch their attitude change.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

It's almost as if they imagined themselves to be operating with impunity or above the law.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I saw some comments on one of the local boards mentioning Tyre filing a complaint against the cops and this may have been retaliation.

Apparently, he was just a few houses away from home, when the cops surrounded his car and yanked him out. He was calling for his mother. She'll be forever haunted, knowing he was calling out for her and she didn't hear.

Have any complaints surfaced?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Yes, but we blame and blame and blame everything and anything else. Why is it so hard for people to accept the truth? It's not race. It's not guns. It's not police. It's not criminals.

It's us and how we handle ourselves. We are the problem.

Society, religion, culture, etc., are all the thousand and one layers of restraint we have build up over the centuries since we first started to walk upright to restrain our demons that have never, ever left us, and we are busy dismantling those because people think we've evolved? No. Here we see we haven't.

Or maybe I'm just having one of my days when my batteries are drained and I hate people in general.
edit on 28-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I had to reply to myself because there is also a HUGE one I forgot:

Recall when some cops knelt on a man's neck? That time touched off riots that lasted for a whole summer and arguably the man in question was no saint. That time, the press blamed the president for what those cops did. It was the president's manifest racism or something.

What's the excuse this time? Is it the president?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   
pretty clear police overreach on this one. in the initial confrontation he is clearly resisting enough to get away and run nothing was done wrong initially and all was fine until the cops caught up to him a second time and that's when it went over board and # was not ok. all officers involved in the second confrontation need to be fired and charged with manslaughter at the very least and murder if possible. a reply to: JinMI

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Maybe it would be easier to celebrate the things "good cops" do if they didn't rally around and defend the bad cops every time they kill someone.

I disagree... it would be easier if the media posted daily feel-good stories if you will. This will help morale on both ends helping remind officers also they are held to a higher standard and esteem.

What the media need to get beyond is although these men have been arrested I would rather see their mug shots than the police uniforms they are featured in when shown on the news. They're not cops anymore, they're criminals now and the distinction needs to be made (and shown)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I want every urban police department to see video of what happens to each of these former officers in prison. While they are still alive.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I've never been to Memphis. Is it small enough where people for the most part know each other?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

No one is responsible for your life and safety but you.

Yes, I am responsible for myself - and if I get pulled over, I don't run, misbehave, or give police any reason to get rough with me.
Isn't it much easier to behave myself?

It really is that simple 99.9% of the time too. People are told to get out and they do something else. They are told to drop the knife and then hold on to it and run at the cops. Then they make a stand and get shot because they were stupid. BLM blames the cops who have the right to live too.

edit on 28-1-2023 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

Was there an autopsy? Tyre didn't seem to be high or intoxicated, when the cops yanked him out of his car.

It looks to me that he took off running AFTER the cops tazed him, like he was running for his life. Which he was. He wasn't running to escape the Police, he was running to save his life.

He was NOT resisting, he was trying to protect his head. The cops kept saying "stop covering your head", while punching and kicking his face.

Edit to add: that one cop went from "he was reaching for my gun", to "he touched my gun", to "he grabbed my gun", all in the span of 90 seconds. They're literally making up their stories, as the other cops show up.

Yep these are 5 bad dudes, bad like cornpop... I am not going to classify all cops or hold them to this standard generalization based on the actions r performance of these few from this specific department.

Nowhere in this thread have I sided with either, the 5 individuals or Tyree, more importantly I have not condemned the entire institution of law enforcement for the actions of these few.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I advocate for nothing, jump to whatever conclusions you wish...

I simply speak my mind and know this, my perceived arch enemy is the news media/conglomerates.

Everything for me comes back to the messenger.

/I am old enough to know news isn't news anymore, it's propaganda and being used as a tool for social engineering... and they're feeding us poison.

Political Science

edit on 28-1-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join