It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police bodycam footage of Tyre Nichols released.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You hear the guff they come away with to a fashion in this vid.

And why the hell did they not allow the paramedics to render aid and/or assistance to the poor sod???

This is heart-rending to watch i have to say.

edit on 28-1-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

yes, in a country of 300M that is very rare. especially if you consider the details of each story that automatically gets labeled the cops fault. the police arrived in swat gear it appears in this video. do you now the backstory?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
its funny all the outrage over this but an unarmed woman gets shot and killed by police at the capitol and its nothing but excuses as to why she deserved it and the same people dont even want to know what cop shot her.

Stop ACTING like you care when you clearly dont

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: offensive

good point. it has always been about justification of fleeing from cops in select situations. As much as I hate to be retsrained by police, as it feels very unatural like a prisoner situation, it is the best system we got. Im sure victims of rape or perhaps even ex spouses with late child support payments would be all for police restraining those types of lawbreakers, and using violent force if neccessary

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: offensive

Or less outrage about the woman who called the cops and when they showed up, they shot her and she died.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
a reply to: iamthevirus

How do you tell a good cop from a bad one? You cant; and that's why the default is to assume the worst....Kind of like how cops treat almost everyone they interact with. They could burn their unions to the ground, that would be a nice start to earning public trust. But they need to know that trust is earned, not given; something very few of them can get through their thick skulls.

I stand with our police and military soldiers, I will not condemn the lot or their institutions for the actions of a few.

Jumping to conclusions is something a logical and rational mind can usually overcome.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGuyThatKnows
a reply to: JinMI

LOL. Dude was asking for it. All day.

It's the same old same old. I knew it before I looked. Then I looked and it was the same old resisting, running your mouth, disrespecting, disobeying, etc. If you fight the cops you lose. Dumbass lost.

Deep State cabal is running another MEDIA distraction.

I agree but when should they stop? He ran, they did have some justification but after you can cuff him he goes in the car. They were taking turns, and that is definitely not something to brag about. They will get long jail terms if they don't get the death sentence. If this is about using the same approach as an armed suspect then that is the 1st thing they need to established are rules for un armed suspects that don't include beating them to a pulp after they are subdued. Cuff him and move on already you "fargin bastages".

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You also seem to think it's ok to suggest shooting people and/or blowing up buildings to be fine because of............well free speech apparently.

I can only imagine what law enforcement or the military would make of that.

Somehow i suspect they may form an opinion that might not be the one you were after.

As to what that Police perpetrated, in this instance those 5 look guilty as sin to me, and just about everyone else with half a brain, given the camera evidence made available, good luck defending those sorts.

edit on 28-1-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

They will get long jail terms if they don't get the death sentence.

Honest question.

Is it possible for those convicted of second-degree murder to receive the death penalty in the USA or the state?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
These videos are very hard to watch. You have to be emotionless not to empathize with the victim.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Justoneman

They will get long jail terms if they don't get the death sentence.

Honest question.

Is it possible for those convicted of second-degree murder to receive the death penalty in the USA or the state?

No.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Salamandy

Cops had wrong information, assuming there is hostage situation . Man obeys them and open door hands up and unarmed. trigger happy swat shot then man , luckely survive .

It`s clear case to me, swat attack wrong adress and without reason start shooting that man .

Would you expect when your neighbor call police that there is hostage situation in your house , that swat team come and shoot you once they see you in 3 second hands up unarmed .

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
a reply to: andy06shake

It's odd ATS would even have a member who would opt to bury their head in the sand than to see and know truth.

My comment was not intended to be political, it is simply a drawing of parallels.

I get that TO SEE IT makes it ring truer. I have seen it and I would like to un see it. I can understand some people can take my word for it, it happened. This is one of those where someone died. It might be a bit macabre to NEED to see this, if you can trust some people that did see it. It is not the kind of thing you would want to witness live. If you are sitting on the jury you will see it and that will resolve itself. Let's let some people try to stay innocent and have positive thoughts. No way to fix the dead man's life now, but we all can come together to voice our disdain for this behavior from any one.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I wish that when the violence start in opposition to law enforcement that it would be directed only at law enforcement. They would get more respect and more support.

We would be better off if every person involved with any form of law enforcement was banned from holding a government job and we started over from scratch.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Just think, if the guy didn’t die he’d be in jail right now facing serious charges.

Just think of it - They got diverse police and discovered that ain't the problem. There are still crooks and the cops are still a mess.

Maybe it's people?

It is about that moment of absolute power they had. Absolute power, I was taught, is corrupt absolutely. That is why we don't allow people to have absolute power of anyone but in dire circumstance. The kind that might require a po po to show up and sort it out and they have been trained to respond to things like people coming out of the door with metal items in their hands that might be a weapon. That one from Cherokee we saw in this thread is in the gray area with a suspected kidnapper coming to the door with something in his hands not listening to the commands to drop it. The one in Memphis looks inexcusable from the word go.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

These officers were part of some joint task force called SCORPION apparently which was promptly shut down.

What the world really isn't aware of is the demographics at play here, just like the Newport News/Portsmouth demographic, this is where these incidents and violence America is so well known for stems from.

These officers were pulled and selected from the very environment... there may be some connection there.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

You have to look at individuals... the individual is more important than the collective.

I listen to these officers and they in fact sound uneducated, they sound like street thugs specially when compared to Tyre who just sounds like a regular joe.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Lots of body cam footage being released the day after the Pfizer video from PV.

Paul Pelosi AND this. Hmmmm

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Was there an autopsy? Tyre didn't seem to be high or intoxicated, when the cops yanked him out of his car.

It looks to me that he took off running AFTER the cops tazed him, like he was running for his life. Which he was. He wasn't running to escape the Police, he was running to save his life.

He was NOT resisting, he was trying to protect his head. The cops kept saying "stop covering your head", while punching and kicking his face.

Edit to add: that one cop went from "he was reaching for my gun", to "he touched my gun", to "he grabbed my gun", all in the span of 90 seconds. They're literally making up their stories, as the other cops show up.
edit on 28-1-2023 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

That's how the protests in Portland started and they were called terrorists for burning down a police station.

The protestors in Atlanta were strictly and peacefully focused on protesting Cop City. That is until the cops killed a protestor and, surprise, surprise, their body cams were turned off. Now guess who's being charged with terrorism for protesting over that?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join