It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police bodycam footage of Tyre Nichols released.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SammyB0476

No. What started this was five bored cops with a hard on for abusing their power. The police chief has stated these cops had no reason to pull Nichols over. There was no evidence of reckless driving. So if this all started when the cops initiated an illegal traffic stop.

(post by Notabot12345666 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just my opinion - Was this man high as a kite on PCP or something similar?
Wouldn't stay on the ground, but flung himself around wildly.
How are police supposed to protect us from heavy duty drug users, they couldn't calm him down.
We have all been pulled over by police, for some reason or other, but don't we just comply and get it over with?
Unless we have something to hide?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

No one is responsible for your life and safety but you.

Yes, I am responsible for myself - and if I get pulled over, I don't run, misbehave, or give police any reason to get rough with me.
Isn't it much easier to behave myself?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Perhaps these police officers thought this man looked high or was driving erratically?
And could have lost control of his vehicle?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476
Give me a break. I am sorry this man is dead. It’s sucks. But, the snowball of actions started with him. He fought. He ran. There is a very simple common denominator to all of these. It’s fighting and resisting arrest. There’s a saying “better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6” or as I told my kids, I’d rather bail you out than bury you. The problem is the lack of acknowledging the authority that police have. Did this guy deserve to die, no. Did he initiate the situation that eventually led to his death. Yes. Has he just accepted his ticket or arrest, he would still be alive and these officers would never had come in contact with him. Do the officers deserve punishment, absolutely. You don’t get to beat someone because they ran. Police need to be able to remove personal feelings about things like this. The perpetrator isn’t personally running from you, just running and that is the problem. There seems to be a certain subset of the population, and I’m not talking race, that seem to refuse to comply with law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Police dont cant wont protect anyone . They wont even protect children.

The school shooting in Texas was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

EFFF the cops They are our enemy and will be coming after our guns as soon as they are told to do it

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I keep thinking of my husband, some years back he walked into the next town, one block away, to a chinese restaurant for some take-out.
He was jumped by 8 black men, who tried to stab him. He grabbed the knife before they could get him in the stomach, severely cutting open his hand.
Thank God a cop came driving around the corner at that moment and took him off to the hospital.
He was all right, but out of work for quite some time until he healed. And no one did anything - channel 7 news didn't show up to cover the story, the town police did nothing to try and find these 8 men, in their words 'they're already gone' and unable to be found.
We are white, the cop who saved him was black, but color has no issue really - this is a violent society, and we have to be protected.

link   
a reply to: offensive

Like I said. If bootlickers were any smarter they wouldn’t be licking boots

link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
a reply to: iamthevirus

How do you tell a good cop from a bad one? You cant; and that's why the default is to assume the worst....Kind of like how cops treat almost everyone they interact with. They could burn their unions to the ground, that would be a nice start to earning public trust. But they need to know that trust is earned, not given; something very few of them can get through their thick skulls.

Like I said - It's not the cops; it's the people. All of us. We stopped worrying about morality. We started thinking laws made us moral, gave us character. They don't. Maybe, just maybe, there *was* a point to sitting in the pew on Sunday after all. Maybe there was an education of a sort to be had there and it wasn't just "fear of hell" or "great magical sky daddies" but something else that helps all the rest of this that we call society work: families, respect for others, etc.

Consider this - the Jews also had a law and it was tied in with their religion. They lost their way and become convinced their law was their morality. They were wrong. According to what we are taught as Christians, Jesus was sent to help restore the spirit to the teachings of the law.

The message there is what I just got done saying - Law alone is not enough. Law is just words, and those words can be used to be just as immoral as not following those words can be. The spirit is inside you, your conscious, and part of what you learned in church was how to listen to the spirit to realize how the law leads you to treat others with respect and dignity.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

I'm sure you would be flailing about and trying to get away too, if you were being beaten, kicked, pepper sprayed, and struck with a police baton by 5 grown men. There was absolutely no reason for those "men" to beat him like they did, other than abuse of power.

That is very presumptuous of you to assume he was on drugs. Is there any evidence that he was?
edit on 28-1-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

So endorsing/suggesting shooting people or blowing up buildings because you don't like what they are saying is fine because of freedom of speech?

Free speech is not the right to say or incite people to commit violence or murder.

There are limits to what it's acceptable to say or suggest iamthevirus.

You should also realise America is not the only nation on Earth that enjoys a modicum of freedom, free speech, and/or expression.

Some may argue that spewing forth drivel or suggesting the likes of blowing up buildings and shooting people is rather poisonous, so there is that.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

I'm sure you would be flailing about and trying to get away too, if you were being beaten, kicked, pepper sprayed, and struck with a police baton by 5 grown men. There was absolutely no reason for those "men" to beat him like they did, other than abuse of power.

That is very presumptuous of you to assume he was on drugs. Is there any evidence that he was?

Why were 5 cops needed for one traffic stop?
I'm sure there is much more to the story.
Why did the man try to run?
Do you run if pulled over?
I have also read reports that this man was trying to get one of the officer's guns.
edit on 28-1-2023 by RonnieJersey because: forgot something

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You read lies by murderers and are giving credibility where it does not belong.

Watch the video.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I have also read reports that this man was trying to get one of the officer's guns.

That old chestnut, where have we heard that before?

And was that before or after he was bodily pulled from the vehicle at gunpoint, then tased and battered on the floor?
edit on 28-1-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

You read lies by murderers and are giving credibility where it does not belong.

Watch the video.

No - I have an open mind and know that all the facts have not been told.
I'm not giving credibility to anyone, and am not particularly fond of police.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So why were they all sacked then if all the facts have not been somewhat established....at least by their superiors?

Police tend to close ranks and not cut lose and let their own twist in the wind...............well not unless they have to.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

On the contrary. Your mind is closed.
If you watched the video all your questions would be answered.
But you won’t watch.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

After Nicholes was completely laid out, the cops stood around creating a story. Saying Nicholes was trying to grab the officers gun was part the story these 5 cops stood around and created.

Watch the videos.

These cops were so stupid they stood around making up a story while their body cams were recording it.

edit on 28-1-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
We are not supposed to have guns, but we are supposed to let people like these policemen have them to keep us safe?

Again, the problem isn't the guns, it's not the cops, it's us - you, me, the cops, the man in the traffic stop. It's everyone. We stopped being moral; we stopped caring about each other as people. You can't force that through laws or law enforcement or lack thereof.

Hell, in this case, we can clearly see - the problem isn't even about race!
edit on 28-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join