It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police bodycam footage of Tyre Nichols released.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Black people have been the subject of systemic racism in the USA since its inception. That's a fact. That's not to say that all people of color, including Native Americans, Asians, LatinX, Jews, Muslims and Hindi haven't also been victims of racism and bigotry.

Critical Race theory is the study of how America has dealt with race, 3/5th of a person representation, slavery, emancipation,the Mason Dixon Line and the Missouri Compromise, Jim Crow, segregation and integration, Chinese Exclusion Act, Indian reservations and internment camps, civil rights, etc, etc.
...And how it's effected society as we know it today.

There is an entire chunk of the history slave trade missing here. Africa has a huge role in it other than supplying the trade. I’m not going into it but start looking at the way the WORLD worked at the time of Americas creation. Judging the past from the lenses of today will keep you ALWAYS in the vicious circle of blame. You will never get beyond it because it requires you to pay penance today for a world that NONE of you would have had the views you have today should you have lived the. We are working through this and many issues as the human race but let’s make no mistake, there is an evil agenda behind the need to hyper-define racism and rewrite the history that got us here.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   
These violent incidents involving the police are being created by the reactionary conspiracy in order to try to ignite a civil war in the United States and also to spread fear-uncertainty-doubt among the citizenry of that country.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Now we have the fire department involved.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

So why was it that 150 Black people started the Republican party? Did they not like the KKK of the Democrat party?

The Democratic Party was created in the early 1790s by former members of the Democratic-Republican Party founded by influential Anti-Federalists including Thomas Jefferson and James Madison

www.thoughtco.com...

CRT, the study of systemic racism and its effects on society, is not about political parties.

You also don't seem to like the teachings of Martin Luther King.

Martin Luther King Jr arose to infamy because of the effects of systemic racism on "colored people" in the USA and his voice gave rise to the Civil Rights Act.

All these things; 3/5th of a person representation, slavery, emancipation, the Mason Dixon Line and the Missouri Compromise, Jim Crow, segregation and integration, Chinese Exclusion Act, Indian reservations and internment camps, etc, were legal remedies imposed on the people of the USA by the Constitution and elected legislators.

Thirty years ago we were all more colorblind than now. You mention several sins of the past, let's talk about today.

30 years ago is when crack was introduced in the inner cities to primarily Black populations. 30 years ago the police beat Rodney King and Los Angeles caught fire. This isn't about blame or "the sins of the past". It's about history, understanding it and understanding how we got here today and taking initiative on where we should be going next.

edit on 30-1-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Thirty years ago, racism was isolated incidents like Rodney King. Noone said those things were good but they were delt with as cameras came into more common use.

Thirty years ago, the CIA was involved in running the drugs to the inner cities. Some in the government had to go along with this.

If you truly want to understand the past, then where did the Portuguese and Spanish slave traders get their slaves. They bought them from the African tribes. They were war prizes and already enslaved by their fellow Africans.

Your arguments seem to avoid the facts that are not revisionist in nature.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Since Tyre Nichols had no criminal record.

The police were in the wrong in here.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This one seems to be a gang hit, but I agree. When they pull you over keep your hands where they can see you and EMPTY.
Doesn't hurt to actually use your manners. To learn what not to do, I recommend the Chris Rock routine on how to talk to Cops so you don't go to jail.
This is hilarious.

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
a reply to: Parcus41

D

ont be an idiot though if cops are this aggressive don’t resist and for god shake don’t run because when they catch they are really gonn an beat you up. Not saying it’s right and is definitely an huge issue in US with cops taking everything personal but if you value your life then don’t resist. Resisting like this is how he ended up dead, once again police shouldn’t act like this and this an who do should be thrown I jail, but rather have my life than have a small chance of lawsuit to win some cash.

People don’t like to hear this obvious solution to this problem.

Even here, besides the civil rights people they recoil from the idea that the problem would solve itself tremendously if people STOPPED resisting and some even fights cops on the street.

The civil rights brothers need to go on national TV, put on billboards and tell young black people ( and all people)
TO STOP FIGHTING AND RESISTING COPS ON THE STREET

It's not about anything but saving lives.

One can sue the cops later.

A lot of these young black people are brainwashed, and a massive advertisement program by civil rights leaders can curtail this in the minds of these people inclined to do that.

I know what I'm talking about. Back in the day when I was a street guy maybe 100 times, I've been rousted by cops,( I won't go into why) and that was when they really were kicking assess on the street. Not 5 minutes I would leave my house, and they would have me in or on a cop car rousting me.

All one has to do is do what they ask... it's that simple and NEVER had any of these cops get tough. They won't unless you provoke them.

If you'll notice NOT even gangsters will fight or resist a cop or gang members. You never hear this happening to a street gang member. WHY.

Because real tough guys(gang members and mafia types) know it's a damn stupid thing to get in a street fight with cops.

edit on 30-1-2023 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Black people have been the subject of systemic racism in the USA since its inception. That's a fact.

Indeed that is a fact and yet what is your point .

That's not to say that all people of color, including Native Americans, Asians, LatinX, Jews, Muslims and Hindi haven't also been victims of racism and bigotry.

Exactly right which makes your previous point seem completely moot.

Critical Race theory is the study of how America has dealt with race, 3/5th of a person representation, slavery, emancipation,the Mason Dixon Line and the Missouri Compromise, Jim Crow, segregation and integration, Chinese Exclusion Act, Indian reservations and internment camps, civil rights, etc, etc. ...And how it's effected society as we know it today.

Yep that is CRT , Keep the Racism alive and never let it die . Keep the American Mind wrapped up in guilt and past grievance while keeping black people wrapped up in hatred and feelings of inequality when in fact in the modern day it couldn't be further from the truth.

What is CRT if not a sharp tool to keep the American people divided on a racial line ? It sure makes winning elections and controlling the people much easier.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Indeed that is a fact and yet what is your point .

My point? Black people don't have social issues because they are more genetically predisposed to criminal anti-social behavior and violence, or that they can't "family" or grasp math and science. My point is we are here now, talking about race because of our past, which is steeped in systemic racism.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

My point? Black people don't have social issues because they are more genetically predisposed to criminal anti-social behavior and violence, or that they can't "family" or grasp math and science.

I'm relieved to hear you say that truly . Though most White Liberals don't share your opinion on that.

My point is we are here now, talking about race because of our past, which is steeped in systemic racism.

Yes the Past and That is where it should stay .

"Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it " Yes there is wisdom in that statement but it is also misinterpreted .

It means to Learn from the past , Not to Live in the past . CRT is not taught as though it is past wisdom it is taught as though the past is still right here among us and it's not.
edit on 30-1-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

30 years ago was 1993. Bill Clinton took office with Al Gore Jr as his VP. They ran with a confederate flag derived emblem and Al Gore Sr fought against the Civil Rights Act like his Klan robes were on fire. Speaking of which Senator Byrd, longtime hero of the Democrats, took part in the 83 day filibuster to stop the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by doing a 14 hour stretch. The longest of anyone. Of course it was overwhelmingly passed.

Byrd also said that Clinton’s perjury was serious but also led the campaign to acquit, yet voted to censor Clinton instead.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

And that was just the start of the new puch to devision.
edit on 1 30 2023 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This video covers two additional police officers now under investigation along with the three fire department parsonel.

It also covers two proposed bills that will help stop these situations from occuring.

That is now 5 police fired and charged, 2 under investigation and 3 fire EMT's and one lutenant fired and under investigation.
edit on 1 30 2023 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The family of a Memphis, Tennessee, man who was hospitalized and died after a traffic stop by police are demanding the official release of body camera and security video of the encounter.

Tyre Nichols was taken to the hospital in critical condition after Memphis police officers stopped him for reckless driving on Jan. 7, the police department said in a statement the next day. Nichols died in the hospital three days later.

Article Link

Link to body cam videos.

Still going through them.

ETA:

My opinion.

Three kicks to the face trying to subdue.
A few punches to the head.
A baton to the side somewhere.

Its pretty bad.

I watched the videos. TBH, I was expecting 100 times worse than what I watched.

From the video, I have no idea why the police were frantic to begin with. Was it a high speed chase prior?
Also, I am thinking they are not in the nicest of neighborhoods...

He refused to roll to his face and put his hands behind his back, he was resisting.
Did they go too far? Yes they did. Obviously.

I don't like "Training Day" like cops. Thugs in uniform.
But I also don't like thugs on the street getting away with murder.

Choose your pill.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

Most counties have multiple zip codes, here the demographics for the zip code which the incident occurred.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The man was returning from work(UPS) and not any sort of thug, also he was initially in a vehicle, pulled out at gunpoint by police and beaten to a pulp.

So again not a thug, just a man in the wrong place that came across the most diabolical sorts who apparently happened to be Police.

I would love to see you roll on to your face if i kept punching you on the head and battering you stupid, tasering you, whilst claiming you were resisting arrest.

Short of being knocked unconscious i think you may also protest and try to cover up, or get up and try and run for your life, because that is just human nature you see.
edit on 31-1-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
This video covers two additional police officers now under investigation along with the three fire department parsonel.

It also covers two proposed bills that will help stop these situations from occuring.

That is now 5 police fired and charged, 2 under investigation and 3 fire EMT's and one lutenant fired and under investigation.

When are they going to fire and investigate the memphis police chief and memphis mayor?

This gangland police brutally didn't just happen on a whim; these guys have been getting away with this for a long time and now eventually got caught.

If they don't clean house at the top than nothing will change. If no one tries to clean house at the top they are just wasting their time protesting EMT workers.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

This gangland police brutally didn't just happen on a whim; these guys have been getting away with this for a long time and now eventually got caught.

That is exactly what I was thinking , The way it happened the way they laid into that guy it's clear they have done it to other perps .

Cops themselves have much power and Power often corrupts but those Cops were in a special Unit with special privileges and powers so their Corruption was particularly nasty.
edit on 31-1-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

Note the ' Stanford Prison experiment. ' www.prisonexp.org... This is a prime example of Authority and Power corrupting seemingly normal individuals
edit on 31-1-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Tuesday 1.31.2023

TYRE NICHOLS's funeral is tomorrow, February 1st.

Source: www.reuters.com...

He was murdered by the 5 police officers on January 10th.

Why was there such a long wait/delay?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The man was returning from work(UPS) and not any sort of thug, also he was initially in a vehicle, pulled out at gunpoint by police and beaten to a pulp.

So again not a thug, just a man in the wrong place that came across the most diabolical sorts who apparently happened to be Police.

I would love to see you roll on to your face if i kept punching you on the head and battering you stupid, tasering you, whilst claiming you were resisting arrest.

Short of being knocked unconscious i think you may also protest and try to cover up, or get up and try and run for your life, because that is just human nature you see.

Nope. I didn't say he was a thug. And I did say the police obviously went to far. So your rant was 100% pointless.

I don't drink the koolaid the mass media has prepared for the masses. You say it is mm mm good...

You say he was returning from work and did nothing to warrant them freaking out on him? I think your facts are selected from a biased source.
I would like to hear the full story on this, but you won't hear it from the media.

The officers who were responsible for the beating should go to jail. No two ways about it.
The other officers involved that did not beat him, they should not be punished. But they will be. Coz of the koolaid.

Mob rulz! Mob drinks ze koolaid! Then Mob turns on itself like it had the correct answers all along. Aka your rant.
edit on 1-2-2023 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join