It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Roman Map has ATLANTIS at Eye of Sahara Africa! (Richat Structure)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The Mauritanian slide

core.ac.uk...
edit on 21/12/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/A.Frster_Finitestrainanalysisinmarinelandslidesediments.pdf

Submarine landslides are the dominant process for sediment transport from the continental shelf to the deep ocean.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
Deleted

Not you of course but you have to get professionals to look at the materials. This however will not be happening any time soon. So, while you can endlessly speculate and pretend you are 'studying' and 'observing' in reality you aren't actually accomplishing anything?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

only problem is this...
plato desrcibed atlantis as being LARGER THAN AFRICA AND ASIA COMBINED
so he surely knew about africa, but says WEST of pillars of hercules

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak

I think you’ll find that it was archaeologists who gave us the figures of the block numbers originally.

I think you'd have to show us that. I mean tell us why you are using the 2.3 number? Do you just believe anything? Again where did it come from?

Its a thing called accuracy and knowing your sources

I’m fully aware of the hill the pyramid is built on/into.

Yet you ignore it because you want to use the big number because it makes it more 'impossible' right?

Estimations aren’t something you can throw at people as if it’s the truth. They are ESTIMATIONS.

Yep and the 2.3 is an estimation made without taking into account all the parameters. I mean can you show me where it came from and how it was calculated? Why are you using it?

One acre = 43,560 sq. ft, or 208.71 feet on a side.For the pyramid's base, length = width = (square root of 13.097144 acres) x 208.71 feet = 755.321 feet. Or 755.321 x 12 = 9063.85 inches.Height = (755.321 x tangent 51deg 51 min)/2 = 480.783 feet. Or 480.783 x 12 = 5769.403 inches. For the cap stone base: length = width = (32.18 x 2)/tangent 51deg 51 min = 50.55 inches. The average size of a pyramid stone = (5 x 8 x 12) The average side measurement, at the base = 759.3 ft. The height used was 201 steps high, or 480 feet. (This is minus the height of the Capstone, which was one piece in itself. The number reached by the Pascal computer program was 603,728 blocks used. The solid core takes up the space of 13,016 stones. So, the actual number of stones used to build the Great Pyramid is 603,728 - 13,016 = 590,712. This figure is (2,300,000 - 590,712) = 1,709,288 blocks less than the often published 2.3 million value.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: Hanslune

The massive flood that ensued across the Sahara most likely removed a few kilometers off much of the surface of the flow path.

What massive floods?

Atlantis was directly in the way. Jimmy showed how the timeline is correct because it flowed over and cut through the lava shield of a volcano that was proven to have erupted prior to the flood, not to mention the mile wide separated ripples of the sand in the path created by the super tsunami type headwater that was more than a kilometer high.

Link to the paper that makes all these claims - Statements from Jimmy aren't actually facts.

The evidence is starting to be overwhelming, and this is now moving into the realm of reality that will change a great deal of history and the retirement of many of the old school geologists that have stood in the way of innovative research.

Well no it hasn't and those folks aren't its the evidence that is.

I think that Jimmy should be commended for what he had revealed and the odds of this scenario being anything but what he has illustrated, look real good in a statistics study.

Commended for what convincing a few fringe believers that he's telling the truth instead of realizing he's making stuff up and they believe it? Do they give rewards for that?

We have never witnessed anything even close to this kind of catastrophic occurrence, so an open mind is all you need at this juncture. The previous work by Carlson and Hancock on themes like this were so ballyhoo'ed and ridiculed.... yet today they are emerging as superstars, as they rightfully are. They walked the walk and talked the talk right through all of the main stream science that tried to destroy them. Mainstream Science is not laughing now.

Hancock says his lost civilization was in North America, or earlier he said Antarctica and a few other places.

Destroy them? You mean laughed at them and explained to then that they wer making stuff up. Like you are doing right now?

What the point of doing so?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I think readers here see you defending this ridiculously stupid Richat BS, then backing away when you have to explain how a maritime culture develops 400 miles inland. Your idea of discourse is a rational person's idea of verbal diarrhea. To you, anyone that knows anything at all about a subject you carelessly pick up and run with is a "blinkered wikipedia reader."

I wonder which readers here think I was defending the Richat ? Prob none as they actually read my posts and didn’t assume anything .
Again, you haven’t read what I said have you? Please post my quote where I support the Richat theory .
Where is it?
You can’t post it , because I never defended it .
I think people here see you as a rude loudmouth who’s always prepared to insult people here , when the general consensus of how we all behave on here is politely adhered to by everyone but you and your jerk buddy Hans . The two most needlessly rude people on here.

I’ve stated my position on Atlantis , so neither do I have to walk back any statements I’ve made , nor do I need to have to quantify to a school maths teacher how many decades I’ve been studying this subject , in considerable depth.

Very sloppy for you, Harte, to brazenly state incorrect facts about others’ positions and postings on here .
If anyone has any walking back to do, it’s you.

What I defend is Platos account being tested by science . Science has caught up with the story.
11,600- all the factors and proxies I mention are recent discoveries that match a cataclysm on earth during the timeframe Palto/Solon refer to.

And hey! Don’t get upset ! Just revel in your Wikipedia regurgitations , don’t get all sad when people point out that’s all you ever do. Or front you out for your unnecessary rudeness to others here .

Science is there to be changed , usually through speculation too .
a reply to: Harte

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I think you'd have to show us that. I mean tell us why you are using the 2.3 number? Do you just believe anything? Again where did it come from? Its a thing called accuracy and knowing your sources

Ah, well, for starters , here’s a source that Harte and yourself regularly use on others here : Wikipedia.
The first line on the GP.

The Great Pyramid was built by quarrying an estimated 2.3 million large blocks weighing 6 million tonnes in total.

I guess you better log in to Wiki with Harte , and get editing….. crack on chaps.

The Khafre pyramid is only 10 ft or so smaller than the GP.
Is it also built into a hill, and If not , does that affect the millions of blocks contained within, or should different calculations about block placement timing be considered for this pyramid ?

reply to: Hanslune

edit on 21-12-2022 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2022 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Deleted nonsense

you once again prove how right I am about your obvious insecurities.

Yep you got me! I have an obvious insecurity about wasting my time with a childish ignorant troll. Chuckle

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
Deleted

Not you of course but you have to get professionals to look at the materials. This however will not be happening any time soon. So, while you can endlessly speculate and pretend you are 'studying' and 'observing' in reality you aren't actually accomplishing anything?

? And if I were, do you really believe you would be on my confidant list? LOL LOL LOL

And once again, no, no I dont. I dont "need" to get anyone, to do anything. For, it has already, been done...

Now to change the subject a bit. What follows is a group effort of children, very special children in the eyes of the Divine Creator. Each one of the children are afflicted with a disability and are handicapped intellectually. But even at that they created a shock wave that went around the world. Each one merely doing the best they could with what they had, and no more could have been asked of them.

Soon, Hanslung, soon...

And to my most capable opponent, I wish you a very happy, safe, and sincere Christmas. (you can throw that card under heartless's door too, if you feel like it lol)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   

The solid core takes up the space of 13,016 stones. So, the actual number of stones used to build the Great Pyramid is 603,728 - 13,016 = 590,712. This figure is (2,300,000 - 590,712) = 1,709,288 blocks less than the often published 2.3 million value.

You quote ONE set of calculations that don’t even show WHERE THEY obtained the figure for the volume of the core .
No one knows how big the core hill is , so it’s nonsense .
They could have done 10 sets of calculations with a varying core size, but still you ‘believe’ this one example you quoted .
Not good enough I’m afraid . Proves nothing .

Perhaps the general consensus is 2.3 million and remains so wherever you choose to look , as no one is going to believe one set of skewed and obviously flawed calculations .

a reply to: Hanslune

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: cappie
a reply to: 727Sky

only problem is this...
plato desrcibed atlantis as being LARGER THAN AFRICA AND ASIA COMBINED
so he surely knew about africa, but says WEST of pillars of hercules

But Plato was making it up.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Prove this statement please.
The actual proof he made it up.
Then you can silence the ‘fringe’ forever and be rid of them.
Otherwise, it’s just your opinion .
Proof please, instead of superiority complex statements.

a reply to: Hooke

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   

He described a bronze age culture at war with a bronze age Athens, thousands of years before the bronze age, or Athens, existed. A culture which also subjugated Egypt at a time when Egypt did not exist, thousands of years before the pyramids were built.

Sure you can claim all the evidence of these large bronze age cultures mysteriously disappeared (whilst there is masses of evidence of the subsequent, identical, bronze age cultures that strangely emerged thousands of years later) but, the fact remains there is exactly as much evidence Atlantis existed as there is for Narnia and Numenor.

edit on 21-12-2022 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   

He described a bronze age culture at war with a bronze age Athens, thousands of years before the bronze age, or Athens, existed. A culture which also subjugated Egypt at a time when Egypt did not exist, thousands of years before the pyramids were built. Sure you can claim all the evidence of these large bronze age cultures mysteriously disappeared (whilst there is masses of evidence of the subsequent, identical, bronze age cultures that strangely emerged thousands of years later) but, the fact remains there is exactly as much evidence Atlantis existed as there is for Narnia and Numenor.

You know as well as I do that weathering on the Sphinx amd its enclosure has been dated by some ( and one eminent geologist) at 10,500.
The timeline is being questioned , and rightfully so.
Should we not question it?
Dr Robert Schoch has not been removed from his post at his university for such outrageous un scientific claims has he?? a reply to: AndyMayhew

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

He described a bronze age culture at war with a bronze age Athens, thousands of years before the bronze age, or Athens, existed. A culture which also subjugated Egypt at a time when Egypt did not exist, thousands of years before the pyramids were built. Sure you can claim all the evidence of these large bronze age cultures mysteriously disappeared (whilst there is masses of evidence of the subsequent, identical, bronze age cultures that strangely emerged thousands of years later) but, the fact remains there is exactly as much evidence Atlantis existed as there is for Narnia and Numenor.

You know as well as I do that weathering on the Sphinx amd its enclosure has been dated by some ( and one eminent geologist) at 10,500.
Dr Robert Schoch has not been removed from his post at his university for such outrageous un scientific claims has he?? a reply to: AndyMayhew

And that proves Athens was a bronze age culture thousands of years before the bronze age and explains why all evidence of such a culture's existence has entirely disappeared?

Anyway, that isn't quite what Schoch said - and his conclusions are not otherwise supported.

btw you don't get sacked from a university position because you hold a view on one particular thing that your colleagues disagree with.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesfreak
Using wikipedia as a source, eh?
Aren't you a little hypocrite.

Harte

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Then you can silence the ‘fringe’ forever and be rid of them.
Otherwise, it’s just your opinion .
Proof please, instead of superiority complex statements.

a reply to: Hooke

Here's Plato telling you himself that he's making it up.

Now, therefore,—and this is the purpose of all that I have been saying,—I am ready to tell my tale, not in summary outline only but in full detail just as I heard it. And the city with its citizens which you described to us yesterday, as it were in a fable,we will now transport hither into the realm of fact; for we will assume that the city is that ancient city of ours, and declare that the citizens you conceived are in truth those actual progenitors of ours, of whom the priest told. In all ways they will correspond, nor shall we be out of tune if we affirm that those citizens of yours are the very men who lived in that age.
www.perseus.tufts.edu...
Plato is all about telling fictional moral tales:

“What, then, is our education?2 Or is it hard to find a better than that which long time has discovered?3 Which is, I suppose, gymnastics for the body4 and for the soul music.” “It is.” “And shall we not begin education in music earlier than in gymnastics?” “Of course.” “And under music you include tales, do you not?” “I do.” “And tales are of two species, the one true and the other false5?” “Yes.” “And education must make use of both, but first of the false?” “I don't understand your meaning.” “Don't you understand,” I said, “that we begin by telling children fables, and the fable is, taken as a whole, false, but there is truth in it also? And we make use of fable with children before gymnastics.” “That is so.”
www.perseus.tufts.edu...

Consider the setting under which Critias the Elder heard the story from his father Dropides. It was during the feast of Apaturia during Koreotis - "Children's Day." On the last day of Apaturia, babies, young boys, and newlywed wives were admitted into their various phratriai of related families.

I will tell an old-world story which I heard from an aged man; for Critias, at the time of telling it, was as he said, nearly ninety years of age, and I was about ten. Now the day was that day of the Apaturia which is called the Registration of Youth, at which, according to custom, our parents gave prizes for recitations, and the poems of several poets were recited by us boys, and many of us sang the poems of Solon, which at that time had not gone out of fashion.

So Plato states that Solon's poem was recited at a poetry contest on Children's Day, that children should be told moral fables as an important part of their education, and that one such moral fable of his own ("The Republic") was to be transferred into reality by this completely unknown poem from Solon.

Now. Tell us what evidence you have that Atlantis existed.

Harte

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Schoch is not an "eminent geologist." He teaches environmental science to underclassmen at Boston U.
The fact that he has not been removed from his post only shows that the big conspiracy among the mainstream that fringies rely on to explain why they have no evidence is simply BS.

Harte

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

And that proves Athens was a bronze age culture thousands of years before the bronze age and explains why all evidence of such a culture's existence has entirely disappeared?

No. Plato s stating that in the area where Athens is now, heroic Greek ancestors defeated an invading ‘power’ that came from the Atlantic.
You’re a geologist, aren’t you?
So you well know that any pre-ice age cultures and societies would have lived quite probably coastally or at the mouth of rivers, or certainly very near them .
These are all flooded under the estimated (could be more) 400 ft of sea level rise since the glacial melt.
MILLIONS of square miles of coastline across the globe vanished under the sea. Not overnight , of course . But it vanished .
It’s too easy and slightly disingenuous to glibly say it doesn’t exist , when no one’s really been looking .
Kind of hard to look 400 ft under water , I know , but you can’t say for sure evidence of it won’t be found there , or that cultures didn’t live there .

a reply to: AndyMayhew

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Using wikipedia as a source, eh? Aren't you a little hypocrite.

Man, the joke is so badly on you .
You don’t really like the taste of your own Wiki pie?
So funny .
Why haven’t you and your jerk off buddy Hans logged into Wikipedia with your wiki gold card, and changed that awful estimation of the block number for the GP.
Go on.
We’ll all sit and watch as its re edited back to 2.3 million , like it says everywhere , except for the one flawed calculation quoted by your mate.
So funny a reply to: Harte

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join