It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Roman Map has ATLANTIS at Eye of Sahara Africa! (Richat Structure)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That was an interesting video, thanks for sharing. a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'll make a deal with the OP.

I'll watch the video, on the condition that you explain HOW such a site hundreds of miles inland AND uphill in an era of lower sea levels -- meaning their coast was FURTHER OUT from today's -- was also supposed to be the fabled pro sea-farers' island in the ocean.

Ball beith in your court, go.

You basically said you'll watch the video if he explains what's in the video...

On topic, this is interesting and compelling in parts but some of it is (by the guy's own admission) quite a stretch.

The size is a huge problem for me. Not because it doesn't match, because his explanation that the size was lost in translation is perfectly feasible. The problem is he keeps comparing it to modern cities as if cities were that large that long ago. He proposes it was a city of MILLIONS which is just completely inconsistent with what we know about human population in the past. The first known city to reach a million inhabitants was Rome about 3,000 years ago. Sure it's possible there was an undiscovered city a little older and a little larger, but that much earlier and that much larger? I find that difficult to believe.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

He used as evidence for his fancy a made from Herodotus. Who apparently never actually made any maps himself.

I am not carrying water for those you claim haunt these threads but never read them. But the Richat structure has been posted on here before. This isn't the first time someone said Atlantis is there.

Personally I believe in a Ancient Apocalypse destroying evidence of a culture. But evidence would exist in some form that some one was there. There is no way a planned city like Atlantis is told to have been wouldn't have had something standing.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
a reply to: KKLOCO

He used as evidence for his fancy a made from Herodotus. Who apparently never actually made any maps himself.

I'm not sure with the typos, so I'm gonna ask--are you saying the guy in the video uses the supposed map from Herodotus for evidence of his theory?

I'm not trying to push the theory in the video, because I don't believe his theory, but if you're saying he uses that as evidence, that's incorrect. He in fact points out exactly what you said, that Herodotus isn't known to have made any maps and that the origin of the supposed Herodotus map is questionable. He says nevermind the supposed Herodotus map and presents another ancient map which he claims has been verified as authentic (though not necessarily accurate) by historians.
edit on 19 12 22 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A Tribute to the fabled "Ringed City" of Atlantis.

And, to Hanslung, and Hartless lol What a pair lol lol

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

Personally I believe in a Ancient Apocalypse destroying evidence of a culture. But evidence would exist in some form that some one was there. There is no way a planned city like Atlantis is told to have been wouldn't have had something standing.

There is........

Note: there are about 7 more of these scattered in the region.

And just outside to the south, a ruin that is still standing..

There is even more but for the sake of bandwidth I'll leave it here..
edit on PMMondayMonday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago391211 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Now you need to figure out when those were built. We can show hundreds if not thousands of existing habitations and ruins of such around Athens or Sais - that doesn't in anyway magically become evidence that they were existed 11,0000 years ago?

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You are correct Atlantis as described by Plato would have left extensive ruins and modifications of the soil - none of which show up at the Richat. The fact it isn't sunk is a major indication it ain't Atlantis.

Now you need to figure out when those were built. We can show hundreds if not thousands of existing habitations and ruins of such around Athens or Sais - that doesn't in anyway magically become evidence that they were existed 11,0000 years ago?

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: Hanslune

I'm not sure that after 10,000 years or so remains of anything are guaranteed. Are you? Who knows what fate might have befallen such a city and what might have happened to that location since

Based on archaeology and geology where the surface at other site. If it has not be removed (as indicated by the 'rings' themselves they are there limiting any erasure idea)- unless you have an impact (Asteroid) massive earthquake, a volcano explosion, etc. The surface will show modifications done to it. Like the stone cut to make the canals and then used to build buildings - those cutting will be there as will mines for the metal Plato said were there.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

That is not at all what I suggested.

Yes why would I follow your foolish make work suggestions? I answered your questions - it now up to you to show my answers are wrong. All answers must be supported by citations, abstracts, and full author bios with credentials, in English, Japanese and Arabic....have fun! LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak

He’s plainly talking about proto Athenians , those that lived in those areas at that time . Same goes for Sais. He’s quite plainly talking about areas with the ‘modern’ (to them) names for ease of understanding . Surprised you can’t get that from the text .

Nope in his fictional story they were identified as those folks...not 'proto', please go and READ what he wrote.

Funny how guys like you like to believe Herodotus’ weird story of the Great Pyramid being built in 25 years ( one block every two minutes for 24 hours etc) when there is no other source for that story before him.

20/25 years? So, what did Merer's diary say?

Okay tell us how that calculation was made (you are repeating the 2.3 million stones story right? ) How do you know how that number was determined? Do you even know or are just repeating what you've been told to believe?

i.imgur.com...

Hint the real number is between 500-960,000 - see if you can figure out why the 2.3 million is wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   

i.imgur.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Funny how guys like you like to believe Herodotus’ weird story of the Great Pyramid being built in 25 years ( one block every two minutes for 24 hours etc) when there is no other source for that story before him.

No construction site would have teams build by bringing up one brick at a time, laying it down, and going back for more.

They were working on all four sides at once and in more than one place on that side at once (it's a big structure.) Plenty of room for that kind of thing. And it's easy on the lower third given the 10,000 plus people on the work crews.

Herodotus has a bad reputation in some areas but it's acknowledged that he's reporting what he's been told.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   

No construction site would have teams build by bringing up one brick at a time, laying it down, and going back for more. They were working on all four sides at once and in more than one place on that side at once (it's a big structure.) Plenty of room for that kind of thing. And it's easy on the lower third given the 10,000 plus people on the work crews. Herodotus has a bad reputation in some areas but it's acknowledged that he's reporting what he's been told.

I never said anything about ‘teams build by bringing up one brick at a time’ where did you get that from?!
You don’t know they worked on 4 sides simultaneously as there is no evidence that’s how it was done .
Houdins’ ‘ spiral ramp’ theory is just as valid .
Herodotus claim throws up all sorts of awkward questions , but you’re happy to ‘believe ‘ that.
Al Masudi is also recounting what he was told regarding the strange tale of sonic levitation, it’s a crazy concept for someone in the 8th century to just ‘make up’ and it’s as fantastical and strange as Herodotus version of construction.

a reply to: Byrd

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   

As I've said to you before - maybe you should read what Plato wrote.

I have read it . That’s why I’m here . But I don’t really need to justify to some rude guy online that I have either!
Little response from you regarding the declination of the bodies , or that , although the story of Phaeton is wrapped as a myth , it’s clearly stated it is describing a real event .
Strange how the tale does tie into the timings of meltwater pulse1b and the possibility of earth running through the fragments of a broken comet around this time . (See the Comet Research Group - over 30 phd level scientists, all far more knowledgable than yourself or I - impact proxies, the black mat at 11,600 etc etc etc all around the time Plato mentions this declination of bodies, and catastrophe upon the earth .)

And yes, there is no previous mention of the GP taking 25 years to build BEFORE Herodotus , none at all, through all the time it existed .No one said anything of the sort, no mentions, no writings stating such, no oral history. But believe that if you like.
Al Masudi had his version from what he was told too.
It still just boils down to opinion.
You just happen to ‘believe’ Plato is allegory, and whether you like it or not , there is no proof that it was , and it can’t be proved conclusively that it was , when it happens to tie in with many events that we now know happened around then - melting icecaps, sea floor subsidence , sea level rise combined with isostatic adjustment, the “declination of the bodies “ , beaches , shorelines on the mid Atlantic ridge where they shouldn’t be . It’s interesting enough for me , mate , to wonder if there’s more to it than simply accepting , like yourself , that this tale , which matches known events , was a real event .
So many ‘deluges’ !

… and they are plainly talking about ‘proto Athenians’ if the city as we know it didn’t exist then , yet people lived there . They talk of the Greeks heroic ancestors who fought off a ‘great power ‘ that came from the Atlantic .

a reply to: Harte

edit on 20-12-2022 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Yeh I’ve read that too, he was in a real hurry wasnt he , to get those stones to Khufu. Such a deadline that they stopped overnight places , Chilled out on the way.
Didn’t sound too rushed , did he?

Ah yes, the constantly reducing number of blocks theory.
Bit of a discrepancy in building terms there- 500,00 - 960,00?
A discrepancy of nearly half there , yet the pyramid remains the same size . Great estimation . Ha ha .
What a joke .

Hint : estimations that are so wildly variant usually mean one thing- ‘we don’t really know ‘.
You cannot claim that half a million blocks discrepancy , or guessing, is acceptable . Hilarious .

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Yeh I’ve read that too, he was in a real hurry wasnt he , to get those stones to Khufu. Such a deadline that they stopped overnight places , Chilled out on the way.

Ah yes, the constantly reducing number of blocks theory.
A discrepancy of nearly half there , yet the pyramid remains the same size . Great estimation . Ha ha .
What a joke .

Hint : estimations that are so wildly variant usually mean one thing- ‘we don’t really know ‘.
You cannot claim that half a million blocks discrepancy , or guessing, is acceptable . Hilarious .

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   

As I've said to you before - maybe you should read what Plato wrote.

I have read it . That’s why I’m here . But I don’t really need to justify to some rude guy online that I have either!
Little response from you regarding the declination of the bodies , or that , although the story of Phaeton is wrapped as a myth , it’s clearly stated it is describing a real event .

And?
I mean, I didn't comment on it because it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the topic.
Besides that, you have a lot of nerve saying I didn't respond, given the gigantic elephant you left in the room concerning how maritime cultures usually develop ON THE OCEAN.
Your opinion of my rudeness doesn't matter here. What matters here is your obvious pretense of an ocean 13,000 years ago 400 miles inland in Mauritania which you simply assume to have existed - ignoring any and all statements I made concerning this ridiculous flaw in your logic.
That is called mental masturbation, and I'm not up for a circle jerk.

Harte

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

So, you expect Mehrer to communicate his angst over a timeline in his work journal?

originally posted by: bluesfreakAh yes, the constantly reducing number of blocks theory.
A discrepancy of nearly half there, yet the pyramid remains the same size . Great estimation . Ha ha .
What a joke .

You are the joke here.
The discrepancy is due to the fact that we can't determine the extent of the hill the Great Pyramid was built over. Simple as that. It has to be estimated, which leads to the range you scoff at while seeming not to understand it.

Harte

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: IAMTAT

That is not at all what I suggested.

Yes why would I follow your foolish make work suggestions?

Yes, it was a mistake to assume you were here to have an open-minded discussion of the interesting topic and evidence presented.

It's apparent you find it much easier to resort to juvenile insults such as calling others here paranoid, rather than to explore the evidence presented within this topic.

Foolish is as foolish does.
Why new ideas on this subject appear to threaten you to the point of responding like a child, is another topic perhaps best explored on your own.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join