It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 298
<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   
6 July Update

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban continues to posture himself as a potential mediator to end the war in Ukraine despite Russian President Vladimir Putin's rejection of mediation or serious negotiations.

Ukrainian forces struck energy infrastructure in Krasnodar Krai with drones on the night of July 5 to 6. The Krasnodar Krai Operational Headquarters stated that Russian forces shot down Ukrainian drones near Leningradskaya, Yeysk and Pavlovskaya, Krasnodar Krai on the night of July 5 to 6 and that falling drone debris damaged a cell phone tower in Yeysk and caused a fire at an oil depot in Pavlovskaya.

Russian forces recently advanced near Kupyansk, Siversk, Toretsk, and Avdiivka.

More at URL above.

Slowdown in Russian missile/drone strikes ?

Cheers
edit on 7-7-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
RT News July 7, 2024 9AM GMT

The first 7 minutes of the RT News broadcast covers the Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban meeting with Putin about peace for Ukraine. Not a lot of progress was made, except to start some dialogue. Orban got a lot of criticism from other EU members and NATO distanced itself from any discussions. With Orban living near this conflict, he just wants to see a quick end to it.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The Telegraph are reporting a state of emergency has been declared in Russia’s Voronezh region following a Ukrainian drone strike on an ammunition storage facility in the village of Seergevka which is 50 miles from the Ukrainian border.

edit on 7-7-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   
7 July Update

Ukrainian forces conducted a drone strike against a Russian ammunition depot in Sergeevka, Voronezh Oblast on the night of July 6 to 7. Ukrainian outlet Suspilne reported that its sources stated that the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) conducted the strike and reported that the ammunition depot contained surface-to-surface missiles, surface-to-air missiles, ammunition for tanks and artillery, and small arms rounds.

Satellite imagery confirms that the Ukrainian Air Force conducted a successful strike against a reported Russian regimental command post in Belgorod Oblast in late June 2024 ...

Footage posted on June 1 shows Ukrainian forces using first-person view (FPV) drones to strike a Russian tactical Zala reconnaissance drone and a medium-range Orlan-10 reconnaissance drone in mid-flight in the Velyka Novosilka area. (Me: the robots dukin' it out ...)

Russian forces recently made confirmed advances near Chasiv Yar and Toretsk, and Ukrainian forces recently advanced north of Kharkiv City.

Open-source researchers analyzed satellite imagery and assessed that Russia has removed roughly 42 percent of Russian tanks from pre-war open-air storage since the start of the full-scale invasion.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   
“ISW” is hilarious.

You know it’s getting bad for Zelensky when they keep focusing on drone attack news.

While slipping in “oh yeah Russia made confirmed advances in Chasiv Yar and Toretsk etc”

lol

When those fall coming up, it’ll collapse a good portion of the eastern front.

Those 2 places are one of Ukraines most fortified areas in the east.

And they are one of the last pieces to the puzzle to have Kramatorsk, Sloviansk etc remaining before advancing west to the Dnipro.

There was a significant advance recently across the canal in Chasiv Yar. Observers have noted this is/was one of the obstacles there.

Once that was breached, it opens up the advancement significantly on cleaning up the rest of Chasiv Yar.

Just pointing out the reality of the situation/advancement in the East. While some are just getting dripped with “drone news” and/or have their eyes focused to the north.

edit on 8-7-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

They really did a number on that fortified children’s hospital.

You know what they say “ To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize”.

Well, Russia must have seen that as kids with cancer and decided to go past criticism and right to bombing.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Indeed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Wonder if the Putin apologists and fanboys will rush to denounce this?

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

They responded with just what you would expect.

"In the morning, in response to attempts to damage Russian energy and economic facilities, a group strike was launched against Ukrainian military industry facilities and air bases of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the purpose of the strike was achieved," the military department said.

Source

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And people wonder why we have to stand up against this Bastard.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

They've already done it. There are long debates on social media whether it was the Russian missile or the Ukrainian air defense missile. It's Kh 101 vs Patriot. Some claim it was NASAMS. People analyze the wings, engines etc. If I remember correctly, it was the building nearby that was primarily hit and the hospital simply suffered from the resulting explosion. There's a lot of information noise. You won't learn the truth, I'm afraid.

I would appreciate some technical analysis done by a military expert but even that has to be taken with the grain of salt as the war is going on.

There also appears an argument "Why would Russia attack a children's hospital instead of some military target?" This one I would dismiss because Russia targeted civilians many times during this war.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I remember when Russia cried bloody foul and war crimes when they shot down a Ukrainian missile over a beach. Some civilians vacationing in a warzone were killed, and Russia blamed Ukraine and the US.

They were mad that they were being struck back by a country they invaded, and in their attempts to intercept such attacks, some civilians died.

Yet their ordinance hit a children’s hospital. Whether or not this missile was intercepted first, children’s hospital certainly is worse than civilians vacationing in a war zone.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes. I remember that then the usual suspects were very vocal about that.

They seem to be very quiet about this.

Pure and nauseating hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

The propaganda really is almost laughable at this point.
Where’s all that famous Russian propaganda you always hear about, them meddling with elections in the USA, colluding with politicians etc.
I guess it only depends on which narrative the media wants to project.
Meanwhile, that coke head grifter Zelensky is on his way here so the Ukrainian ball lickers can get on their knees and give him another check.
Ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

The propaganda really is almost laughable at this point.

You mean as laughable as This ?.

Where’s all that famous Russian propaganda you always hear about, them meddling with elections in the USA, colluding with politicians etc.

Sorry to have to inform you but that wasn't propaganda , the enemy is at your door Ignore the obvious if you please but these things are a reality.

On July 13, 2018, a federal grand jury sitting in the District of Columbia returned an indictment against 12 Russian military intelligence officers for their alleged roles in interfering with the 2016 United States (U.S.) elections.
www.fbi.gov...

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sorry to have to inform you but that wasn't propaganda , the enemy is at your door Ignore the obvious if you please but these things are a reality.

Reality you say? 😆
If Russia targeted the hospital then why is it still there 99% there?
Only 2 dead?
Get some reality.

Please post more FBI deep state propaganda.
Russian troll farm memes are now Russian election interference. Mmmkay.

Some of you folks need to start reading the fine print.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I doubt there's many on here as opposed to Putin and his invasion of Ukraine than I am.

But I've got to be honest here and say I don't think Russia would have deliberately targeted this children's hospital.
But I've gpt to be equally honest and say that the undeniable truth is that these deaths are a direct result of Russia's aggression towards Ukraine and that the responsibility and blame lies solely with them.

If they hadn't invaded a non-threatening neighbouring independent nation for no other purposes than to steal land, gain some sort of strategic advantage over a non-existent threat and regain imagined past-glories in a desire to see a Greater Russia none of these senseless deaths would be occurring.

And if they weren't so reliant of Iranian and North Korean weaponry - which is even more unreliable than their own notoriously crap ordinance and systems - this may not have happened.

As noted by others, where are all the Putin sycophants now? All those who were screaming blue murder over those people killed whilst sunning it in the middle of a war zone?
Where all the condemnation now?

So predictable.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Civilians die in war and that is the awful truth of it on both sides as we have seen in the past week.
How about we do our best to promote Peace? Or at least support Peace Talks with the ones at war?
Any of you ultra hard Ukraine supporters want that? Do you want to see an end of the killing? Or still holding out that the only peace is if Russia does a full retreat and give back all the land they acquired? That would make no sense for Russia to do so unless they are in a retreat already. Which they are not. Every update says Ukraine is consistently losing ground so what do you see that I do not?
I'm not a Ra Ra Russia but I see that the only realistic path to peace is some concessions made by Ukraine, and by not engaging in diplomacy will only lead to more civilians being killed.
If not by diplomatic ways then what may I ask is the path to peace that you see?

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cookalldafood

..... if Russia does a full retreat and give back all the land they acquired?

Acquired?
Stole by brute force you mean.

'Acquired' seems to imply there was some sort of Land Purchase Agreement.
There wasn't, Russia invaded for no valid legal or moral reason.

Its not for us to demand or force Ukraine to the negotiating table - which is quite a misnomer, Putin is demanding capitulation as a precondition to talks.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I agree with most of your ideas, except.,,

Its not for us to demand or force Ukraine to the negotiating table

Some have made the argument that since we’re funding the Gaza war then we should have a say.
We’re funding the ukies war, shouldn’t we have a say?

Can the US at least say “if you want to lose your whole country so don’t negotiate with Putin, but we can’t fund it anymore, good luck” ?

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Russian troll farm memes are now Russian election interference. Mmmkay.

Didn't say it was Russian election interference , what it was is propaganda.

Some of you folks need to start reading the fine print.

Indeed.

top topics

<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join