It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

ATS doesn't represent a majority view on any subject.

Oh, Hell NO!

Gawd -- can't even imagine using ATS as a platform for any thought pattern.

There's a lot of "stuck" mindsets on ATS.

It just helps keep my mind open that people who think a certain way are still part of society.

You do realize your mindset is stuck...Right?

I don't think you've really lived yet.

Not a full life where things don't always work out.

Maybe all your pegs and squares will always fit the right holes -- the odds are against though.

I feel like I'm talking to a very young person.

Anne, your opinion is not important, to me.
I have been around the world, my wife and I have raised three well behaved young men, I grew up dirt poor with an alcoholic father, I was scheduled for an abortion/DNC in 1973.
I can honestly tell you I am glad my mother didn't go through with it.

Simply put, you are projecting again.

ETA:
I have had many hard knocks throughout my life.
I accept them because most of them were caused by choices I made. I did not and will not blame others, life, God, or anything else. I dealt with them and moved forward.
Never once did the thought cross my mind to kill another human being to try and fix them.
edit on 14-11-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Simply put, you are projecting again.

Says the King Of Projection.

That does not matter, as the majority do not share your warped mentality of human life.

On the contrary, most of the civilized world does share my view on women's rights. Human life? Well, that's another story. Most countries don't score high in that category, period.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
We know what happens when Pro-Choice is put to the people's vote.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

On the contrary, most of the civilized world does share my view on women's rights. Human life? Well, that's another story. Most countries don't score high in that category, period.

The majority of human beings do not share your warped vision of human life. This was my statement, and it is factual.

Honestly, you and Anne are no better than Nazis and Slavers in your views.
At least Anne says she cares for "living" children, just not certain living human beings.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

We know what happens when Pro-Choice is put to the people's vote.

As I have said, people have always voted to hurt others for their own benefit. History shows us that, over time, these wrongs are corrected with the addition of information and education.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The majority of human beings do not share your warped vision of human life. This was my statement, and it is factual.

It's not factual.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

It's not factual.

It absolutely is factual.
You have a demented view of human life.
It's "nothing special".
Most people do not feel that way.
As I said, I am sorry.
That has to be a terrible way to live.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Now you're just exposing your frustration and self-delusion as well your inability to hear any voice but yours and its own echo.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Now you're just exposing your frustration and self-delusion as well your inability to hear any voice but yours and its own echo.

Because I point out that you're a nihilists??
You are projecting again......

Regardless, abortion is the premeditated, violent killing of another HUMAN BEING for convenience, in 99% of cases.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You're looking in a mirror. Turn around bright eyes!

abortion is the premeditated, violent killing of another HUMAN BEING

A POTENTIAL human being.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You're looking in a mirror. Turn around bright eyes!

abortion is the premeditated, violent killing of another HUMAN BEING

A POTENTIAL human being.

See?
You just can't help yourself.....
You work off of zero facts. Only your faith.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The human being's life cycle is a continuum.
It begins at conception.
It ends at death.
There are many stages between those two events.
They are human beings from the very beginning to the very end.
Zygot, embryo and fetus are stages just like baby, toddler and adolescent.
If you wouldn't kill a baby, toddler or adolescent, why would you kill a zygote, embryo or fetuses?

edit on 15-11-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
REAL FACT -- not self-righteous delusion.

When Right of Choice is put to the people's vote -- it passes every time.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Like children, adults will vote for things they don't fully understand and things they believe will help them deal with the choices they have already made and can't deal with or things that benefit them, even when it hurts or kills others.
It will righted itself, it always does.
ETA: content

ETA: (Correction)The difference being most children won't intentionally try and harm/kill others.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Db

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Like children, adults will vote for things they don't fully understand and things they believe will help them deal with the choices they have already made and can't deal with or things that benefit them, even when it hurts or kills others.

So, now you're insulting voters because they don't follow your ideology

More delusional self-righteous nonsense.

The Votes are facts. The people support Right of Choice.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

So, now you're insulting voters because they don't follow your ideology

More delusional self-righteous nonsense.

The Votes are facts. The people support Right of Choice.

Lol.
No.
I am insulting human beings, you're just easily offended.
Read some history, Anne.
Humans do stupid things. We get it wrong a lot, but we eventually come to our senses.
Any ideology that justifies the premeditated killing of other human beings needs to be and will be corrected, eventually.

ETA:
Oh yeah, in 99% of cases, two people made the choice to freely engage in the act of reproduction.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: quintessentone

You are One of Them , NEXT....................

PLEASE Mommy , I Want to LIVE Like YOU Do !

What type of human takes away a woman's basic human rights instead of finding other workable solutions? NEXT

This is THE THIRD time I have asked you.
What rights are being taken away, in 99% of cases?
Why won't you answer?

Read and learn.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I have read.
Now explain what rights are being taken away, in 99% of abortions cases.....
The right to choose?
No.
The choice was freely and willfully made.

Reproduction rights?
No.
Once the choice was made, by both the man and the woman, to enjoy a few minutes of pleasure and it resulted in a pregnancy, they have SUCCESSFULLY reproduced.
They have created another distinct human being.
CONGRATULATIONS.

Do you honestly believe that this new human being should pay the price of every experience, every feeling, every thought, every pleasure, every pain ......EVERYTHING.... for two peoples CHOICE to have a moments pleasure?!?
If so, I was TOTALLY wrong about you.

How about the right not to live in poverty.

You keep saying abortion is for convenience sake, I say it is more likely chosen to avoid dire hardships in life, such as poverty in the form of food insecurity, homelessness, unable to afford childcare for work or education prospects, mental health (poverty and depression go hand in hand) etc.

Almost one third (27.7%) of single mother families were “food insecure,” 12 about one-ninth (11.7%) used food pantries, one third spent more than half their income on housing, which is generally considered the threshold for “severe housing cost burden.”

Even for those who did receive assistance, the amount was far less than the minimum they’d need to stave off hardship — like hunger, homelessness, and utility cut-offs.

TANF benefit levels for a family of three, as of 2020, were less than 30% of the poverty line in 33 states and the District of Columbia — and above 50% in none.

Although the Affordable Care Act will give more low-income single mothers access to health insurance, nearly half of these families reside in states that have declined to expand their Medicaid programs.

Among the 14 states not expanding Medicaid coverage, the median eligibility level for parents is just 44% FPL, with only two (2) states — Tennessee, and Wisconsin, covering parents with incomes at or near poverty.

singlemotherguide.com...#:~:text=The%20majority%20of%20single%20mothers%20in%20the%20United,many%20employed%20single%20 mothers%20are%20earning%20poverty%20wages.

And -

It’s a vicious circle where both poverty seems linked to greater rates of mental illness, and in some cases, certain kinds of mental illness seem linked to a greater likelihood of living in poverty.

psychcentral.com...

I don't consider these dire hardships to be inconveniences.

What should be advocated for is, as I've repeated too many times to count, that those pro-life leaders need to develop specialized programs and services to help women get a leg up so they won't choose abortion.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone
I feel where you are coming from BUT facts are facts.
I know many think that is an "extremist" view and I am OK with that because I think taking a life for convenience is an extremist view.
If you will allow me, I will break it down in the way I see it. I will try and use only the facts. Some of this may sound harsh, as feeling does not translate well in text.
First:

How about the right not to live in poverty.

There is not a basic human right to not live in poverty.
There is a basic human right to life.

Second:

You keep saying abortion is for convenience sake, I say it is more likely chosen to avoid dire hardships in life, such as poverty in the form of food insecurity, homelessness, unable to afford childcare for work or education prospects, mental health (poverty and depression go hand in hand) etc.

Again, this is a faulty generalization. You are using the few to justify the many.
When I say "Abortion is the premeditated, violent killing of another human being", I am using the word "convenience" as an idiom, as "at someone's convenience".

At Someone's Convenience:: at a time that is convenient for someone : at a time that will not cause someone too much trouble or effort.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Third:

What should be advocated for is, as I've repeated too many times to count, that those pro-life leaders need to develop specialized programs and services to help women get a leg up so they won't choose abortion.

Abortion is a Billion Dollar businessmen.
WAY more money is spent by Pro-Abortion Leaders, lobbying and in campaign donations than by Pro-Lifers. They need to keep the abortions going, regardless of the reasons.
They do not care about "the right to choose", "reproduction rights", or the "right to life" of the human being put to death.
It is all about the Money for them.
www.uffl.org...
www.seattletimes.com...
www.opensecrets.org...
lozierinstitute.org...
etc...

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

A basic human right is to not be forced into no choice for one's health, be that physical and/or mental. It is proven that poverty plays a destructive role in both physical and mental health.

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join