It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Quadrivium

Science doesn't say jack snip aboutwoen's right, human rights or about how special humans are, let alone how special human embryos and fetuses are.

I get your meaning I think, but you're still wrong.

Science tells us the "human embryos and fetuses" are human beings.
Science tells us there is some distinctly special things about human beings.
Here are a few:
1)
www.livescience.com...

2)

Interestingly, the CENP-B box, the sequence specifically bound by centromeric protein CENP-B, is absent in lower primates and in human Y chromosome.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

3)

A study compared development of mouse and human zygotes. The human and mouse zygote DNA were replaced with somatic cell DNA of human and mouse respectively. While the mouse zygote was able to reprogram to a pluripotent state, division of the human cell halted at the morula stage (Egli et al. 2011, 488)

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

edit on 11-11-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Science doesn't say jack snip about women's right, human rights, or about how special humans are, let alone how special human embryos and fetuses are.

Seriously!

How many times have you said a zygote/fetus is alive?

We KNOW it's the process of procreation. Just like any other living thing on earth.

"Lower form" animals make reproductive choices to strengthen their species, some even not reproducing when food is scarce.

I value intelligence. I value human accomplishments. Women have fought for a long time to be more than a baby factory.

And science has developed the means for her to have that choice.

It's no one else's business.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: quintessentone

a reply to: Annee

You guys there need to get universal healthcare...it's a must. By the way, your country's infant mortality rate is very high.

The United States has a mixture of government-run and private insurance.

As a result, in 2020, 66.5% of Americans had private health insurance, mostly from their employers. The government subsidizes private health insurance through Obamacare. Another 34.8% of Americans had public government coverage. This includes Medicaid, Medicare, Children's Health Insurance Program, and military coverage including the Veterans Administration. Only 8.6% had no coverage at all.31

All health care service providers, except for the VA, are private. Some democratic candidates have promoted universal health care under the title "Medicare for All."32

In 2019, health care cost 16.8% of GDP.21 That was a staggering US$10,948 per person.22 The infant mortality rate was 5.4%, significantly higher than that of countries such as Australia and Germany.25

www.thebalancemoney.com...

I know. On both issues

I find it so odd that those (percentage wise) of higher education in the cities are more supportive of social programs and universal health care than those in the south/midwest (Red States) -- who need it the most and have the highest percentage of usage.

They keep voting against their own best interests.

It's strange especially when infant mortality rates are high and nobody in those pro-life states seem to care.

I know.

They're stuck in a cultural mindset. "My daddy was a Republican, I'm a Republican -- Yay! God"

I'm really looking forward to the Z generation in politics.

I think the game changer will be the advancement of the artificial womb, but ethical debates will still be there as some women may not want their genetic material 'out there' so will still want the option of abortion.

philosophynow.org...

I'm not a fan of ethical stupidity (meaning going overboard for illogical reasons).

I remember a discussion (long time ago) -- a scientist talking about UFOs, etc.

He said he was not allowed to say anything that would upset God believers.

Any report he turned in -- ended up having to be edited so as not to upset certain groups of people.

To me science should be fact reality. It should not be whitewashed.

So what are you saying? That the women who would still choose abortion instead of opting for the incubator because they want privacy or not having their genetic material out there should still be allowed to abort because they should have that right?

Billions and Billions of dollars have been spent to stop women from being autonomous with their body and reproduction rights.

Justify that.

I'm just not a fan of stupid.

The thing is when and if they will be able to transfer an embryo/zygote to the incubator it may then be deemed viable at any stage within the womb, therefore personhood may be introduced. So who knows what will happen to women's bodily rights if this becomes a reality.

I've followed research on artificial wombs and male contraceptives. I think Finland/Netherlands is close to having an artificial womb.

Who would use an artificial womb?

You gonna force pregnant women to hand over their fetus rather than abort it?

We would have to see which types of women would use an artificial womb, perhaps women that can't conceive (using it as a surrogate) or women that can't carry to term, or career women that don't have the time, or models/actresses who want to keep their bodies in pristine condition...who knows?

That's an interesting question...forcing women to hand over the fetus. Now if viability becomes a reality at any stage of development then abortion could be outlawed because it would then become murder of a human being to abort it. I suppose new laws would have to be put in place and if you really think about it the woman was willing to endure the abortion procedure and not care what happens to the fetus, why would the woman object to a procedure that may very well be similar only that the fetus would not be harmed only collected? I don't see the issue here.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You guys there need to get universal healthcare...it's a must. By the way, your country's infant mortality rate is very high.

As a result, in 2020, 66.5% of Americans had private health insurance, mostly from their employers. The government subsidizes private health insurance through Obamacare. Another 34.8% of Americans had public government coverage. This includes Medicaid, Medicare, Children's Health Insurance Program, and military coverage including the Veterans Administration. Only 8.6% had no coverage at all.31

All health care service providers, except for the VA, are private. Some democratic candidates have promoted universal health care under the title "Medicare for All."32

In 2019, health care cost 16.8% of GDP.21 That was a staggering US$10,948 per person.22 The infant mortality rate was 5.4%, significantly higher than that of countries such as Australia and Germany.25

I know. On both issues

I find it so odd that those (percentage wise) of higher education in the cities are more supportive of social programs and universal health care than those in the south/midwest (Red States) -- who need it the most and have the highest percentage of usage.

It's strange especially when infant mortality rates are high and nobody in those pro-life states seem to care.

I know.

They're stuck in a cultural mindset. "My daddy was a Republican, I'm a Republican -- Yay! God"

I think the game changer will be the advancement of the artificial womb, but ethical debates will still be there as some women may not want their genetic material 'out there' so will still want the option of abortion.

philosophynow.org...

I'm not a fan of ethical stupidity (meaning going overboard for illogical reasons).

Any report he turned in -- ended up having to be edited so as not to upset certain groups of people.

So what are you saying? That the women who would still choose abortion instead of opting for the incubator because they want privacy or not having their genetic material out there should still be allowed to abort because they should have that right?

Billions and Billions of dollars have been spent to stop women from being autonomous with their body and reproduction rights.

Justify that.

The thing is when and if they will be able to transfer an embryo/zygote to the incubator it may then be deemed viable at any stage within the womb, therefore personhood may be introduced. So who knows what will happen to women's bodily rights if this becomes a reality.

I've followed research on artificial wombs and male contraceptives. I think Finland/Netherlands is close to having an artificial womb.

We would have to see which types of women would use an artificial womb, perhaps women that can't conceive (using it as a surrogate) or women that can't carry to term, or career women that don't have the time, or models/actresses who want to keep their bodies in pristine condition...who knows?

Key word: CHOICE

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

Justify that.

That's an interesting question...forcing women to hand over the fetus. Now if viability becomes a reality at any stage of development then abortion could be outlawed because it would then become murder of a human being to abort it. I suppose new laws would have to be put in place and if you really think about it the woman was willing to endure the abortion procedure and not care what happens to the fetus, why would the woman object to a procedure that may very well be similar only that the fetus would not be harmed only collected? I don't see the issue here.

That is not going to happen.

Again: CHOICE

Some states are refusing to put abortion rights on the ballot to be voted on. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know why.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tipulatedone
So first I just want to say this is my very first thread!
Ive been a long time reader of ATS but never posted or commented until the last few days.

Now i thought i would start off with a perhaps rather controversial question...

Why do people think Abortions are so bad?
I suppose this question is mainly aimed at the American people as over here in the UK (Wales) no one seems to give a rat ass about it.
Ive tried asking the question on various message boards/youtube comments etc but noone ever seems to reply.

No right or wrong answers of course just want to see peoples thoughts!

Fundamental Christians. That is the #1 reason.

Dominionism Rising
A Theocratic Movement Hiding in Plain Sight

Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological view, means, or timetable, Christians are called by God to exercise dominion over every aspect of society by taking control of political and cultural institutions.

politicalresearch.org...

As other have said, it is the killing of a human, any way you look at it, NOTHING to do with ANY religion.

Enough with your paranoid Chistian theocracy bull#.

No one would tolerate anti-semitism, most have had it with your anti-Chistian BS

Grow up!
edit on 11-11-2022 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Ive been a long time reader of ATS but never posted or commented until the last few days.

I suppose this question is mainly aimed at the American people as over here in the UK (Wales) no one seems to give a rat ass about it.
Ive tried asking the question on various message boards/youtube comments etc but noone ever seems to reply.

Dominionism Rising

Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological view, means, or timetable, Christians are called by God to exercise dominion over every aspect of society by taking control of political and cultural institutions.

politicalresearch.org...

As other have said, it is the killing of a human, any way you look at it, NOTHING to do with ANY religion.

No one would tolerate anti-semitism, most have had it with your anti-Chistian BS

Grow up!

It is the LIVING of the WOMAN and her RIGHT OF CHOICE.

I was raised Christian. I speak what I know.

Go chase Christians on this board who lambast other beliefs they know nothing about.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

Justify that.

We do that already with invitro fertilization, except they put the embryos in a woman's uterus. We're still a ways away from the artificial womb.

We would not be ways away if government funded the science. We'd have it up and running in short order. But, of course, that won't happen because it's cheaper and easier to just take away a woman's right to choose.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Dominionism Rising

politicalresearch.org...

Grow up!

Go chase Christians on this board who lambast other beliefs they know nothing about.

I was raised Catholic so I know the restrictions put on us, moreso women from my experience. I absolutely agree that pro-lifers need not be Christians, but if you look up the state leaders that pushed for women's choice to be taken away, most you will find are in fact religious.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I know. On both issues

I know.

philosophynow.org...

Justify that.

That is not going to happen.

Again: CHOICE

Some states are refusing to put abortion rights on the ballot to be voted on. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know why.

Abortion rights are talked about all over the news stations and just try to take away any hard won rights from women and watch them roar with their ballot.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Dominionism Rising

politicalresearch.org...

Grow up!

I was raised Catholic so I know the restrictions put on us, moreso women from my experience. I absolutely agree that pro-lifers need not be Christians, but if you look up the state leaders that pushed for women's choice to be taken away, most you will find are in fact religious.

Dominionism is something else (look it up).

Like the real reason early Americans got kicked out of England. Religious persecution my ass. They were trying to take over the government and make God's word the law of the land.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Science doesn't say jack snip about women's right, human rights, or about how special humans are, let alone how special human embryos and fetuses are.

Seriously!

How many times have you said a zygote/fetus is alive?

We KNOW it's the process of procreation. Just like any other living thing on earth.

"Lower form" animals make reproductive choices to strengthen their species, some even not reproducing when food is scarce.

I value intelligence. I value human accomplishments. Women have fought for a long time to be more than a baby factory.

And science has developed the means for her to have that choice.

It's no one else's business.

They had the "choice" BEFORE reproduction.
The choice after the fact, is the premeditated killing of another human being, in 99% of cases.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone
If you actually look at the numbers you will see that what you say is a VERY small percentage of abortions.
Many are done in the US for convenience.
It has become a form of birth control for many that believe the body in their body is property or something less than human.
Both are false.
Does pregnancy from rape happen?
Yes, but it is VERY rare.
Does some pregnancies endanger the mother's life?
Yes, and again it is VERY RARE with today's technology.
So it come down to convenience/inconvenience.
Is a flippant decision two people made worth another human beings ENTIRE being for convenience?

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Why So Bad ? ........Hmm........

edit on 11-11-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
If you actually look at the numbers you will see that what you say is a VERY small percentage of abortions.
It has become a form of birth control for many that believe the body in their body is property or something less than human.
Both are false.
Is a flippant decision two people made worth another human beings ENTIRE being for convenience?

From a study:

Conclusions: The decision to have an abortion is typically motivated by multiple, diverse and interrelated reasons. The themes of responsibility to others and resource limitations, such as financial constraints and lack of partner support, recurred throughout the study.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Again, responsibility to others, resource limitations - these women have no assistance and are looking at a life of dire hardship and so are their children.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Dominionism Rising

politicalresearch.org...

Grow up!

I was waised Christian as well. Whatever abuse you sufferred that made you so bitter to the point of infanticide had nothing to do with Christianity.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Both are false.

From a study:

Conclusions: The decision to have an abortion is typically motivated by multiple, diverse and interrelated reasons. The themes of responsibility to others and resource limitations, such as financial constraints and lack of partner support, recurred throughout the study.

Again, responsibility to others, resource limitations - these women have no assistance and are looking at a life of dire hardship and so are their children.

ALL Life DESERVES To LIVE . If Not , then those Who Even DARE to Think Otherwise an NOT Human ................

edit on 11-11-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Both are false.

From a study:

ALL Life DESERVES To LIVE . If Not , then those Who Even DARE to Think Otherwise an NOT Human ................

Then the majority of the people of the world you would classify as NOT human. Your choice, not necessarily the truth.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You are One of Them , NEXT....................

PLEASE Mommy , I Want to LIVE Like YOU Do !

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

You are One of Them , NEXT....................

PLEASE Mommy , I Want to LIVE Like YOU Do !

What type of human takes away a woman's basic human rights instead of finding other workable solutions? NEXT

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join