It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

So its your choice and your choice alone?

Do you think the guy who impregnated her should be the one to decide whether she carries or aborts her pregnancy? Whatever input a guy had to discuss abortion options with his "baby momma" are moot with the overturning of Roe, because any personal reproductive choice is no longer a fundamental, constitutional right.

If your main concern is about a man's legal obligations to their offspring, it's off topic.

edit on 21-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

My top priority is Right of Choice.

Sigh...
Again:
Both men and woman have the right to choose. You do not want the right to choose, you want the right to kill another human being.

Who's stopping you from making your choices.

Who is stopping you from making YOUR choices?

You apparently want to stop me from making mine.

Only if it involves the annihilation of a specific group of human beings.
I would have done the same during the Holocaust.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I look at my son and daughter and you cannot believe the pride I have in seeing them realise their potential. Because that’s what any life is. When my son said his first word on his 1st birthday, the potential grew. When he came through nursery, primary school and now into secondary school, potential. When my daughter sung us a song that reduced me to tears, potential. They should not be denied that at any stage no matter how they were conceived. Conception is not their choice, but the choice to keep their heart beating…?

Sperm is that potential, egg is potential, 50/50. Contraception is for both male and female 50/50. Decisions are for mothers and fathers, often but not always 50/50.

With our first we had a choice and were not ready to be parents (at that time), but we imagined 13 years and many more down the line and knew we’d never murder that future. We grow into our roles no matter how tough or inconvenient they are. Grow up yourself, and let them grow up too. Taking a life at 0yo is still taking a life. It’s like John Conner in Terminator. You don’t wan’t that child to be born? Well hypothetically and in cruel reality, why not murder the parent instead? Same outcome.

Imagine being a soul coming back to witness your own murder, seeing your mother spouting men hating diatribes into a narcissistically liberal echo chamber, as your life terrifyingly slips away. It might make that mother’s life easier but what of the child’s? It doesn’t matter what time you choose to end someone’s life. That actual potential is torn from the universe, the future memories, sensations, love, all reeled back in and thrown in the bin.

The twist is, I also made a decision to cut short my brother or sister’s life, when MY parents asked if me and my sis if we wanted a another? I was older and so happy with our family unit that I hated the thought of someone else joining, I got really emotional. I was 8. I later learnt my parents arranged an abortion based on our happiness.

Decades down the line can you imagine how I feel.

Try harder to imagine the future, because it’s right in front of you.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

My choice of abortion was after I had 2 living children.

I knew exactly what I was doing.

It's a myth that once you have children you could never abort a pregnancy.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

My top priority is Right of Choice.

Sigh...
Again:
Both men and woman have the right to choose. You do not want the right to choose, you want the right to kill another human being.

Who's stopping you from making your choices.

Who is stopping you from making YOUR choices?

You apparently want to stop me from making mine.

Only if it involves the annihilation of a specific group of human beings.
I would have done the same during the Holocaust.

Sigh . . . seriously? What are you going on about?

Do you live in a Fantasy world where everything is supposed to fit your perfect, self-righteous, concept of idealism?

Both men and women have the right to choose who they have sex with (unless it's rape). The aftermath depends on the individual. If you want to be considered -- choose with that intent in mind. Otherwise, you're crap outta luck. That's reality.

Who is stopping me from making my Choices? Fundamental anti-abortion religious wackos politicizing abortion -- that's who.

Your choices? Exactly which laws are being made that will deny you your choices?

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Just be sure, nothing in my post was directed at anyone in particular, but I hope that even though you say you knew what you were doing at the time, you didn’t regret it afterwards, and that you don’t think of the lost future.

I haven’t read every single post on this yet, you might have explained why, or not.

I’m not against doing it for obvious easing such as quality of life, possibly rape. It’s almost every other reason.

With our first, my partner was going though a difficult time and accidentally on purpose forgot to take the pill, and we hadn’t the savings or a plan for a family. That’s hardly a reason for example. We just got on with what life threw at us.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake

Just be sure, nothing in my post was directed at anyone in particular, but I hope that even though you say you knew what you were doing at the time, you didn’t regret it afterwards, and that you don’t think of the lost future.

I haven’t read every single post on this yet, you might have explained why, or not.

I’m not against doing it for obvious easing such as quality of life, possibly rape. It’s almost every other reason.

With our first, my partner was going though a difficult time and accidentally on purpose forgot to take the pill, and we hadn’t the savings or a plan for a family. That’s hardly a reason for example. We just got on with what life threw at us.

I tend to be blunt. No offense to your well written post.

I have absolutely no regrets.

I chose the welfare of my 2 living children. They know. They don't think about it either.

Now, I fight for every other woman's Right to Choose.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Do you live in a Fantasy world where everything is supposed to fit your perfect, self-righteous, concept of idealism?

Project much?
In 99+% of pregnancies, a choice was made. By the man and by the woman.
You are outright lying if you say that abortion isn't the premeditated killing of another human being, for convenience in 99% of cases.
Choices have consequences. It is a fundamental part of being adult. No one should have the right to kill another human being for convenience or their bad choice.
They are not property. You can not own human beings anymore.
They are not less than human. No human being is Untermensch
They are human beings. Human beings that have just started their life cycle. They will continue to grow and change from the point of mitosis to the day they die (hopefully at old age).
That is an UNDENIABLE fact.
Yet, you constantly deny it because it does not fit your frail egotistical world view, "your truth".

Both men and women have the right to choose who they have sex with (unless it's rape). The aftermath depends on the individual. If you want to be considered -- choose with that intent in mind. Otherwise, you're crap outta luck. That's reality.

Surprisingly, I have similar thoughts:
Both men and women have the right to choose who they have sex with (unless it's rape). Sex can possibly result in reproduction. If you want to be considered - choose with that possibility in mind or an innocent human being, through no choice of their own, will pay the price with their life. THAT is reality.

Fundamental anti-abortion religious wackos politicizing abortion

Show me where I have mentioned ANYTHING religious in this thread.
Like I told Sookie, "show me, I will wait".
Your view is the one the based solely in the realm of belief.
I give you facts, I back them up but time and time again you stick your fingers in your ears and shout "I"M NOT LISTENING LA LA LALALALA LA"
Why?
Facts do not fit your frail egotistical world view, "your truth".

Your choices? Exactly which laws are being made that will deny you your choices?

Well hell, I could choose to kill a human being, simply because it would make my life easier....are there laws against that, Anne?

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

You are outright lying if you say that abortion isn't the premeditated killing of another human being, for convenience in 99% of cases.

A potential human being.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So its your choice and your choice alone?

Do you think the guy who impregnated her should be the one to decide whether she carries or aborts her pregnancy? Whatever input a guy had to discuss abortion options with his "baby momma" are moot with the overturning of Roe, because any personal reproductive choice is no longer a fundamental, constitutional right.

If your main concern is about a man's legal obligations to their offspring, it's off topic.

1. No I’m saying if you have the right to abort it, maybe I should have the right not to support you or the child.
2. Abortion is not a constitutional right, anything not covered by the constitution goes to the states, if you want to have the option to kill your baby, move to a state that reflects your moral and ethical values.
3. Why is my financial obligation any different from your legal obligation bound by the state statutes you live in? No it’s not off topic

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

They are two different topics.

Your argument is with men not having the right to terminate their parental duties of financial support, while women did have the right.

How does taking a woman's autonomy from her, and giving her reproductive choices over to politicians, ease a man's financial duty to his offspring?

2. Abortion is not a constitutional right, anything not covered by the constitution goes to the states,

It's covered, at the very least, in the 9th Amendment.

“The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If you knew you didn’t want to have more children then why were you irresponsible and allow it to happen? You had options, you just chose not to do the responsible thing and exercise those options. Is abortion your idea of responsible birth control?

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

They are two different topics.

Your argument is with men not having the right to terminate their parental duties of financial support, while women did have the right.

How does taking a woman's autonomy from her, and giving her reproductive choices over to politicians, ease a man's financial duty to his offspring?

2. Abortion is not a constitutional right, anything not covered by the constitution goes to the states,

It's covered, at the very least, in the 9th Amendment.

“The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

FFS your reproductive choices are not of the gov they’re are from YOU. If you don’t want the gov making those choices for you then be responsible in the first place and use the many forms of contraceptives available. You seem to want to skate YOUR responsibilities and the consequences of YOUR actions. Cry me a river

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
LAST TIME

I do not believe in a God. Therefore, no sanctity of life.

And in case you think I don't know what sanctity means: "Sanctity means the quality of being holy, sacred, or set apart. Believing in the sanctity of life means believing that human life is somehow holy, set apart, or different from other life forms."

All life on earth has some mechanism for survival by reproduction. Humans are just one of them. Not special -- not set apart.

Everything already alive is priority. There are millions of LIVING CHILDREN dying from starvation and disease.

This world does not need one more unwanted child.

I believe in the natural state of energy consciousness and physical as a temporary manifestation.

NOTHING you keep spouting over and over and over -- do I relate to in any way. It has no meaning for me.

Unless you come up with something new -- I'm moving on.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Annee

If you knew you didn’t want to have more children then why were you irresponsible and allow it to happen? You had options, you just chose not to do the responsible thing and exercise those options. Is abortion your idea of responsible birth control?

Under the circumstances? YES

If your 4-year-old daughter came to you and said: "Why does daddy hate me?" Would you stay with that person?

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

LOL

Way to sidestep the issue, that you brought up, which is how unfair it is that women have choices and men don't.

Once again, how does forcing a woman to carry an untenable pregnancy to term relieve the man's financial responsibility to that child?

Answer? It doesn't. With the overturning of Roe, men are even more screwed than they were before!

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

A potential human being.

Your religion/spirituality is showing.
Regardless of your beliefs, they are human beings.
You just don't understand terminology, as I have showed countless times.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tipulatedone

" Abortions - Why so bad? "

" Murdering Children in the Womb and Denying them a Life in this World " Why So Bad ?

Amended for Accuracy *

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

they are human beings.

Nope. They are becoming human beings.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

" Nope. They are becoming human beings."

Really ? So When Will You ?

Please Don't Kill Me Mommy . I Want to Live !

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join