It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I think this thread clearly demonstrates why this topic should not be a political topic.

Then tell your Pro-Choice people to stop making it political.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You didn’t answer the question I notice.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I think this thread clearly demonstrates why this topic should not be a political topic.

Constitutional rights aren't political. The only reason this topic is political, is because SCOTUS revoked a woman's constitutional right to reproductive choice and autonomy and handed the right of "choice" to politicians.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm tired of the Right pushing forced birth, or facing charges.

I'm tired of the Left pushing forced transitions of minors, or facing charges.

I'm Moderate and I think both sides are Authoritarians in their own repsective viewpoints.

I'm sick of this.

This is America.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Get your nose out of your neighbors business.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

You didn’t answer the question I notice.

I did.

If a woman loses her child from someone else's actions -- that's murder -- because it was not her choice.

Murder is illegal.

Abortion is not.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Constitutional rights aren't political. The only reason this topic is political, is because SCOTUS revoked a woman's constitutional right to reproductive choice and autonomy and handed the right of "choice" to politicians.

Because Pro-Choice activists kept pushing for it.

They kept filing lawsuit, after lawsuit, after lawsuit.

The Supreme Court's blockbuster ruling follows a decades long campaign driven by abortion-rights opponents to convince the justices to reverse its 1973 decision in Roe, which sparked a host of legal battles over the decades as states implemented restrictions that tested the bounds of the constitutional protection for the right to an abortion.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So if a man kills an unborn baby it’s murder. If a woman does the same it’s no big deal. So the baby is only alive dependent on who causes the death.

What a load of BS, you can’t have it both ways.

You’re completely off your rocker.

This right here exposes the hypocrisy of your position.

You want the choice to decide life or death for children, my position is taken to protect babies from the dangerous narrative that sick and twisted old hags put forward to cleanse their conscience. Now I realise it’s all just a power trip. You know and admit a baby is alive, if a man kills a child in the womb you’ve just said it’s murder. Newsflash, laws don’t differentiate by gender.

edit on 16/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So if a man kills an unborn baby it’s murder. If a woman does the same it’s no big deal. So the baby is only alive dependent on who causes the death.

You want the choice to decide life or death for children, my position is taken to protect babies from the dangerous narrative that sick and twisted old hags put forward to cleanse their conscience. Now I realise it’s all just a power trip. You know and admit a baby is alive, if a man kills a child in the womb you’ve just said it’s murder. Newsflash, laws don’t differentiate by gender.

If you have something and choose to discard it -- that is your choice -- and legal.

If someone breaks into your house and steals it -- that is a crime -- and illegal.

You can drop the drama.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If you have something and choose to discard it -- that is your choice -- and legal.

If someone breaks into your house and steals it -- that is a crime -- and illegal.

You can drop the drama.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Disgusting!

A baby isn't the mothers material possession.

You're dead to me.

edit on 16/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Disgusting!

A baby isn't the mothers material possession.

You're dead to me.

Then stop baiting.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Who is more likely to know what I meant? Me or you?

I'm easy to understand.

Abortion after an unborn child is viable (meaning they would live if delivered naturally or by C-section) is cold-blooded infanticide.

I believe from the moment the first cells split the unborn child is a separate human being from its mother that relies on its mother for nutrition and fluids. Even MDs believe that by the way. They don't like stating that fact though.

I believe abortion otherwise is a personal choice and should not be a part of politics. It's immoral for some and moral for others according to their own beliefs.

I've never once said a word about abortion bans, only that the killing of viable unborn children is murder. The other is a personal choice. I don't like it but it's not my place to dictate others' morals, with the exception being infanticide is a horrible crime.

I know from face-to-face discussions with qualified MDs that a C-section is always safer for the mother than other means, so there can be no reason that a viable child need be killed.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I believe abortion otherwise is a personal choice and should not be a part of politics. It's immoral for some and moral for others according to their own beliefs.

Biology aside, that much we can agree on. Abortion is a cut throat tactic for derailing any political debate in the event someone is losing badly, there's no coincidence Roe v Wade happened this year. I'd wager it was planned for October (surprise!) but someone leaked it because whistleblower culture.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Both parties are equally guilty of using issues of that type to keep us hating each other, to make us easier to control. Hate, like hunger, are tactics that have been used to control people since the first tribes came to be.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sexual activity isn't an exercise of one's reproductive rights.

Sexual intercourse between two people, of the opposite sex, with healthy reproductive systems, IS the PRIMARY way we exercise our reproduction rights.
Is sex good for other things?
Yes.
Is sex fun?
Hell yes.
Is sex the primary was we reproduce?
YES.

99% of the time, sexual activity does not result in pregnancy.

Which changes nothing. It is a KNOWN possibility.

Having children shouldn't be a punishment for expressing one's sexuality.

When you consciously, willfully and FREELY make a decision, knowing the possible outcome, how is it punishment when that outcome occurs?
Regardless of the minute chance of it happening, it is a KNOWN possible consequence .

It amazes me, I honestly believe you are more intelligent than this, you just let your lust for killing influence you.

Not ONLY do you not comprehend the differences in the terms "Human Being" and "Person", it would seem you do not fully comprehend the differences between "punishment" and "consequences".

Punishment refers to retribution for a wrongful act.
Consequence refers to the outcome that result from your behavior.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The right of autonomy and choice.

....SMDH.....
You do understand that exercising those rights is what lead to the premeditated killing of another human being (in 99% of abortion cases), don't you?
It is not the "right to autonomy and choice" you want.
It is the right to another human beings life.

You know it.
I know it.
Why do you continue to lie about it?

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Stop making it political to take my rights away.

What rights are being taken away?

Do you remember before you were born?

By this logic, we can abort newborns and the majority of toddlers? Be honest.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That ALL LIVING CHILDREN are fed, housed, loved, educated, healthy, etc.

Wait, even if they can't remember being born?
Or their first birthday?
Or their second birthday?
I can't remember being three.....
Was I "alive", by your demented standards?

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Finally,
You admit it!
You believe human beings are property because, in your mind, they are 'Untermensch'.

I told you, you have the same mentality as slavers and Nazis.
You finally admitted it!!

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

That ALL LIVING CHILDREN are fed, housed, loved, educated, healthy, etc.

Wait, even if they can't remember being born?
Or their first birthday?
Or their second birthday?
I can't remember being three.....
Was I "alive", by your demented standards?

Please tell me what you remember about your pre-birth life.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join