It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Fairtrade141

"The Russians had actually left that region, and the Ukrainian military moved in. There was no rout, the Russians had simply moved their forces."

Then how come they left so much of their heavy armour and gear behind?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You understand that Ukraine is still capturing russian soldiers that got left behind right?

And that 20k russians are hopelessly trapped near Kherson, right?

But please tell uncle vova that Ukraine is very grateful for russia's huge donation of heavy weapons in the last week, that was certainly a goodwill gesture.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Do you speak or read either Ukrainian or Russian?

Do I need to speak Ukrainian or Russian to understand that Russia fell for the oldest trick in the book by moving troops from Donbass to defend the South.
I don't need to speak Ukrainian or Russian to understand that an army cut off from its supply lines , demoralised through hunger and poor strategic leadership can turn and run when faced with an advancing army high on confidence.

There is a lot more going on than what you know, and while we were told fables about the “Ghost Of Ukraine” and the Ukrainian Ludmila Pavelchenko wannabe, we have been lied to here in the US, because if we knew the truth about where our tax dollars are going, and how little we are really helping, we’d be demanding our government shut off the gravy train. Because you can look on YouTube and see Ukrainian Generals selling Javelin missiles to Russians in broad daylight. You can see the very corruption online if you look for it.

Seems to me Americans have gone soft over the years , no wonder Putin fancied his chances.

Proud to be British , Proud to support Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Seconded.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"The Russians had actually left that region, and the Ukrainian military moved in. There was no rout, the Russians had simply moved their forces."

Then how come they left so much of their heavy armour and gear behind?

Move or die... Move anyway you can and leave everything else, this is what we are seeing right now.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: AndyMayhew

The star performer of Europe Germany is scavenging for firewood.

Didn't Germany just tell you what you can do with your gas?

That Germany?

But glad to hear your war is still going according to plan!

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yep. The sour stench of panic in the air.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There has been a massive loss of logistics on the Russian part due to the precision HIMAR, howitzer and drone attacks, so that whole area is in serious trouble of just not having supplies to support them. They are also running out of troops with a very long time schedule to replace or increase their numbers. As this moves forward all the logistical hubs are being taken, so Russia has nowhere to set up for support anymore and will sooner than later go back across their border with a good chance Crimea will be taken back.

One just needs to ask why did Ukraine take so many Russian military vehicles and supplies just left in that advancement? I good number might be vehicles that need repair, but there is a huge number of top tier equipment that is fully functionable... The answer to support my top paragraph is... no gas.

edit on 14-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Russia is moving its pieces for a winter war. Ukraine now like the rest of Europe is low on energy. The civilian populations are already protesting in multiple countries. and it is still summer. Italy seems to be running out of candles. The industry is closing down when the steel and aluminum smelters shut down it will be a long time before they start up again. The star performer of Europe Germany is scavenging for firewood. The governments are being run remotely with only talking heads on the TV. The poor management by out-of-touch buffoons was always going to have consequences. So who is really winning? and the War hasn't started yet.

Do you have any evidence for any of this?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Yep. The sour stench of panic in the air.

Cheers

It also might be the smell of 1000s sh!tting their pants. It seems a good part of this war kind of evolved into both sides on the front having unspoken rules like don't attack at night and other kind of weird nonverbal agreements that has stagnated both sides a little and has made the Russians a little soft in their defense and operations. The Russians during the day dumping 100 howitzer shots into some open field showed those back home they were doing things, but not a lot of heart in it all. I'm sure this was an oh crap moment the Russians were 100% not ready to deal with in anyway.
edit on 14-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Damn those unfair Ukrainians, fighting at night!

Who ever heard of such a thing?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't usually post MSM news stories but I came across this headline from Russia One and found it interesting...

‘Troubling': Putin's puppet rattled as UK-trained Ukrainian soldiers leading advance

Kremlin-controlled media network Russia One has exposed the panic among Moscow's pundits after the Ukrainian Armed Forces launched a counter-offensive against invading troops. The advances of Kyiv's soldiers were described as "troubling" by notorious Russian presenter and political commentator Olga Skabeeva. Russian media sources reported that Kyiv had made use of Ukrainian troops trained in Britain to gain the upper hand as they close in on Kremlin-occupied regions in the east and south of the country.

Daily Express
edit on 14-9-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Putin will be waking sleeper agents to dispense the novichok in the UK and US soon enough if Ukraine manage to turn this round. He won't forget who armed them.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Stu112

If it goes completely tits up for him do you honestly think he'll be around to order anyone to do anything?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher. tass.com...

You might want to look at this, and as far as “captured” Russian troops, you don’t have any idea who exactly is capturing whom. The Russians have captured far more Ukrainians than they have captured Russians.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

TASS?!!!!!

Of course.

And salmon live in trees, and eat pencils.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fairtrade141

You might want to look at this, and as far as “captured” Russian troops, you don’t have any idea who exactly is capturing whom. The Russians have captured far more Ukrainians than they have captured Russians.

Umm your last two sentences literally contradict each other instantly one after the other... 'you have no idea whos captured who' then 'ruZZias captured far more than Ukraine'...

So which is it?.. or are both statements BS?

link   

originally posted by: Fairtrade141

I know who was captured recently, and who has 20k soldiers hopelessly trapped near Kherson.

And I know better to read anything from tass as 'factual'.

edit on 14-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

link   
It would definitely help if you did speak and read both languages. I actually do.

So that being said, I have friends in both countries and their stories tend to dovetail and diverge about the same so it’s sometimes difficult to get a clear picture of what is really happening. If I am talking to people I have known for decades and can’t develop a clear picture, then perhaps you, and your mainstream media sources could also be a bit incorrect. Just because the television tells you something, does not make it so.

I can tell you that Ukraine is not winning anything. Russia is going to be in Armenia soon, and I can tell you that from there things are going to expand at a geometric rate, as Azerbaijan is also being funded by the US and Israel. Are you willing to keep flushing money down the toilet just because your democrat masters tell you that we have to protect “Democracy” in a foreign country, and their borders, when the same party that is laundering money in Ukraine is destroying THIS country?

a reply to: gortex

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

"Just because the television tells you something, does not make it so."

And just because a new Russian Bo..... I mean pro Russian poster tells me something, whilst posting zero evidence, don't make it so, either.

You folk are getting desperate.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join