It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Stu112

Maybe.

But history tells us that appeasing expansionist murderous dictator's usually ends badly.

If Putin were to be given a free go at Ukraine, who would be next in line?

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Agree that we shouldn't stand back and let them go at Ukraine without us assisting Ukraine but the rhetoric surrounding it and the justification Biden talks about is a farce.

If Ukraine push Russia out I imagine Putin will launch his remaining arsenal and stay silent until his death after that.

Let's just hope someone sensible takes over in Russia and the West learn from their own past mistakes, could herald in a few decades of peace.

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Maybe.

But history tells us that appeasing expansionist murderous dictator's usually ends badly.

If Putin were to be given a free go at Ukraine, who would be next in line?

edit on 13/9/2022 by Stu112 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/9/2022 by Stu112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stu112

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

Did the UN determine that the invasion was illegal, or do you just like saying fake stuff when you have no argument to support your claims?

United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan stated in September 2004 that: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, it [the war] was illegal.

That'll do for me.

kofi stated his personal opinion after the fact, but kofi is not the UN.

The UN obviously said no such thing, they authorized it in advance.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm English and don't much care what Biden says but other than that, I agree with you.

Bit doubtful about the few decades of peace, though.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

True.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Russian news reporting they are now launching mass missile strikes against Ukraine's front lines.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

NK ones?

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Russian news reporting they are now launching mass missile strikes against Ukraine's front lines.

So same as every day for the past 6 months?

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Kofi represented the UN.

The UN didn't authorize war against Iraq, post a link if you believe they did.

"The invasion of Iraq was neither in self-defense against armed attack nor sanctioned by UN Security Council resolution authorizing the use of force by member states and thus constituted the crime of war of aggression, according to the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) in Geneva."

Did the UN determine that the invasion was illegal, or do you just like saying fake stuff when you have no argument to support your claims?

United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan stated in September 2004 that: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, it [the war] was illegal.

That'll do for me.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

NK ones?

Nah, probably some cheap knock off Chinese ones, reason why they aren’t very accurate at hitting their intended targets.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
BBC reported a firework show in Russia earlier so maybe just some stray fireworks crossing the border

NK ones?

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Kofi represented the UN.

"The invasion of Iraq was neither in self-defense against armed attack nor sanctioned by UN Security Council resolution authorizing the use of force by member states and thus constituted the crime of war of aggression, according to the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) in Geneva."

That'll do for me.

kofi is not the UN, he gave his personal opinion to influence a US election for democrats, who hated GWB just as much as they hate Trump, they just weren't as deranged about it yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Can you post the link to proof that the war wasn't illegal and where the UN authorized the war as you stated?

Kofi represented the UN.

That'll do for me.

kofi is not the UN, he gave his personal opinion to influence a US election for democrats, who hated GWB just as much as they hate Trump, they just weren't as deranged about it yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Can you post the link to proof that the war wasn't illegal and where the UN authorized the war as you stated?

Kofi represented the UN.

That'll do for me.

Resolution 1441.

You were saying?

edit on 13-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Resolution 1441 is against Iraq, it's not a sanction or authorization for war:

"Resolution 1441 stated that Iraq was in material breach of the ceasefire terms presented under the terms of Resolution 687. Iraq's breaches related not only to weapons of mass destruction (WMD), but also the known construction of prohibited types of missiles, the purchase and import of prohibited armaments, and the continuing refusal of Iraq to compensate Kuwait for the widespread looting conducted by its troops during the 1990–1991 invasion and occupation."

If the UN had ever sanctioned the Iraq war then the UN would have been involved in it.

You should stop now as your just embarrassing yourself.

Kofi represented the UN.

That'll do for me.

Resolution 1441.

You were saying?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Iraq was in breach of 1441 over WMD, which was a follow up to 687, which was a cease fire agreement.

What do you think happens when one side breaches a cease fire agreement?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   
In this case an illegal war.

Don't know why your labouring a point when you know your wrong. Where in the resolution does it state they authorize or sanction war?

Here's a hint - it doesn't.

Iraq was in breach of 1441 over WMD, which was a follow up to 687, which was a cease fire agreement.

What do you think happens when one side breaches a cease fire agreement?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Do you speak or read either Ukrainian or Russian?

The Russians had actually left that region, and the Ukrainian military moved in. There was no rout, the Russians had simply moved their forces. If you know what the Cauldron tactic is, you’ll understand that the Russians are going to encircle these guys and lay waste to them if they do not surrender.

You should also probably look at the desertion rate of the Ukrainian military and how very little of the aid that we are sending in materials, goods, arms and money gets to the front lines. Russia has plenty of leverage seeing as how they just shut down the pipeline to Germany and the EU. While Azerbaijan may be picking up the slack, they cannot deliver the volume that Russia does, and with Armenia being shelled by Azerbaijan, Russia will be intervening in that soon.

There is a lot more going on than what you know, and while we were told fables about the “Ghost Of Ukraine” and the Ukrainian Ludmila Pavelchenko wannabe, we have been lied to here in the US, because if we knew the truth about where our tax dollars are going, and how little we are really helping, we’d be demanding our government shut off the gravy train. Because you can look on YouTube and see Ukrainian Generals selling Javelin missiles to Russians in broad daylight. You can see the very corruption online if you look for it.

Our country made the mistake of meddling in 2014, and by virtue of that, we’ve been mired in that place. Of course if I had a money laundering operation and could set up biological testing labs in a country without any questions, I’d probably want to protect my investment too.

But don’t take my word for it. There’s plenty of truth out there to go around. Feel free to google it yourself.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I wondered where the Rusbots had gone

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Russia is moving its pieces for a winter war. Ukraine now like the rest of Europe is low on energy. The civilian populations are already protesting in multiple countries. and it is still summer. Italy seems to be running out of candles. The industry is closing down when the steel and aluminum smelters shut down it will be a long time before they start up again. The star performer of Europe Germany is scavenging for firewood. The governments are being run remotely with only talking heads on the TV. The poor management by out-of-touch buffoons was always going to have consequences. So who is really winning? and the War hasn't started yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join