It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The evidence of how stretched Russian forces are is being writ large by Ukrainian troops as they continue to liberate towns and cities in the Eastern Kharkiv Oblast following Russia's troop redeployment from the area to the South of the country to meet the Ukrainian counter-offensive there.

Ukrainian forces have liberated 30 towns in the East as the move to Kharkiv continues with reports Russia is moving troops to the city in preparation for the offensive there.

Ukrainian troops liberate Balakliya embraced by locals.

Ukrainian armed forces claim to have recaptured Kupiansk.

Pictures appear to show Ukrainian soldiers flying the national flag above the city hall in Kupiansk, which is south of Kharkiv, where Russia's frontline looks increasingly weak.

Earlier on Saturday, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said Ukrainian units were "threatening the town of Kupiansk", but reports of its recapture are still unverified.

British intelligence officials said that if successful it would be a "significant blow to Russia... because it sits on supply routes to the Donbas front line" in the east.

A Reuters source in the area says the Ukrainians have made their most rapid advances in months, in light of pressure to achieve sufficient gains before winter and prove it is worthy of continued Western support.
news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We where told months ago that Russia had won the war.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yeah but we knew that narrative was born from desperation and peddled by the sympathizers of the Fascist invaders.

Slava Ukraini.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I try to stay far away from these threads and news, as everyone is lying and you have to pick a side to believe, knowing everyone is lying.

but Ukraine should be taking the war to Russia if they want to stop it. If Russia has to explain to it's citizens why they are being blown up, folks might start to see the real truth for what it is, and force him to end this. Although ending this may not be what "they" want, so with that, I'll disappear and let ya'll continue with whatever this is.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

we knew that narrative was born from desperation and peddled by the sympathizers of the Fascist invaders.

Of which many appear to have gone quite as of late.

I wonder why ?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

but Ukraine should be taking the war to Russia if they want to stop it. If Russia has to explain to it's citizens why they are being blown up, folks might start to see the real truth for what it is, and force him to end this. Although ending this may not be what "they" want, so with that, I'll disappear and let ya'll continue with whatever this is.

The danger with that is that it will support the narrative "the evil western Nazis are trying to kill us all" and the Russians will be more inclined to support the defence of their homelands.

I would rather Ukraine did not step over the border.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I've often wondered what Putin's military strategy was in Ukraine and i think i may have sussed it. He doesn't really want Ukraine at all. He wants to bankrupt the west, particularly the UK and The US.

Judging by what's going on both here in the UK and the US i think he might be winning. Financially, we are in the #ter.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: network dude

The danger with that is that it will support the narrative "the evil western Nazis are trying to kill us all" and the Russians will be more inclined to support the defence of their homelands.

I would rather Ukraine did not step over the border.

I'd rather nobody go to war and kill innocent people over idiocy, but that ship sailed a long time ago. But this seems like it's being prolonged on purpose. (again, based on likely lies, so it could be the total opposite) I just hope it ends soon and the #tards in charge find ways to talk to each other instead of shoot them.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
LOL Yeah Right.. Sure they are .

RIIIIIIIIIIGHT....Rolls eyes and gags a little at how gullible people are

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The Third World War was always an economic one.

a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
So they have taken towns that the Russians have largely moved out of.

Golf clap.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

I´ll second that !
Curtain is down between Russian government and russian people, russian propaganda machine works more intense for it´s own people. People are afraid to speak up. Longer the war goes on more coffins are coming back to Russia. Inflation is already high 15% in there and soon salaries are not enough. Soon Lada as a comforting of passing family member won´t be enough ( i find this very odd that it is accepted as concilation when family member dies.. i guess what stated before .. no courage to speak up. )

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

Yes, Russians usual leave destroyed military vehicles when they are just " moving out "

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Yes, Russians usual leave destroyed military vehicles when they are just " moving out "

Why would they take destroyed vehicles with them?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Why would they leave dead bodies of their own troops. ?

Because they where routed is the answer.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Got any proof of that?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Got any proof of that?

It's in the video I posted in the OP.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I've often wondered what Putin's military strategy was in Ukraine and i think i may have sussed it. He doesn't really want Ukraine at all. He wants to bankrupt the west, particularly the UK and The US.

Judging by what's going on both here in the UK and the US i think he might be winning. Financially, we are in the #ter.

It was never about taking over the entire country.

Putin has also increased his oil export revenue by over 40% and cut off most of Ukraine from the sea.
Seems like Vlad's doing just fine.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

There are 3 individual US states with larger economies than Russia.

In an economic war Putin brought a tea spoon to a gun fight.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Got any proof of that?

Look at the video.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join