It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
With liberation come more reports of war crimes committed by the occupiers.

Treading carefully, the investigators and two grave diggers filed into a walled-off garden around the semi-detached house.

A woman who still lives there gestured to a patch of disturbed earth where the bodies of two men, one of them her next-door neighbour, are buried.

Maria Hryhohora, 63, had found them shot dead in the house in the first days of Russia's invasion, but the police had been unable to reach her at that time because Russian troops had already sealed off the village.

Officers instead advised her to bury the bodies, but they kept a record of the suspected war crime to investigate as soon as it became possible.
news.sky.com...

Under the procedural leadership of the Chuhuiv district prosecutor's office of Kharkiv region, a pre-trial investigation has been launched into the fact of violation of the laws and customs of war, combined with intentional murder (Part 2 of Article 438 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).

After the de-occupation of the village of Zaliznychne of Kharkiv region, local residents reported to law enforcement officers that Russian servicemen had killed their fellow villagers.

“On September 11, law enforcement officers found four bodies with traces of torture. Three of them are buried on the territory of their homes, another one was buried on the territory of an asphalt plant opposite the railway station of the village of Zaliznychne,” the report reads.

According to the preliminary information, the victims were killed by the Russian military when they occupied the village.

The bodies have been sent for forensic examination.

As reported by Ukrinform, as of September 11, more than 40 settlements in Kharkiv region were de-occupied.
www.ukrinform.net...

edit on 12-9-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I imagine a lot of these kinds of atrocious Russian war crimes are going to surface after they're exspelled from the Ukraine, after all Mad Vlad did send in criminals to fight for him.
I think his own people are starting to see the truth and are turning on him now.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Absolutely disgusting, showing their true colors, they're just a armed mob of ill disciplined drunks and criminal, what else could we expect Russian society to churn out after decades of a kleptocratic hyper-nationalist rule

I feel sorry for the good people in Russia who have been silenced and persecuted for wanting a better future, but theyre definitely gaining in numbers and ready to step up to this tin pot dictator, but will have to spend a long time rebuilding and reinvent Russia once Putins gone

I have no doubt if these war criminals survive the war they'll be found and see justice

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I think his own people are starting to see the truth and are turning on him now.

It would be understandable given the chaotic situation "one of the best militaries in the World" finds itself in , it's being reported that Lieutenant General Roman Berdnikov who was in charge of Russia's Western Group has been sacked after just 16 days in the job.

Perhaps now it's time for the Kremlin to get involved to remove the root cause of Russia's problems.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I imagine a lot of these kinds of atrocious Russian war crimes are going to surface after they're exspelled from the Ukraine, after all Mad Vlad did send in criminals to fight for him.

Definitely the cracks are appearing on the battlefield and at home

New Maps shows the huge gains of the recent counter offensive

i quite intrigued by the partisan forces breaking out north of Mariupol, there is a village nearby which has a rail interchange critical to supply lines to the kherson front.... if they can sabotage that, and the Kerch goes bye bye?

Ohhhh now that would be devastating

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Bohorodychne and Sviatohirsk have now Ukrainian forces , in Donetsk region , both are with Donets river but different side on river. It look`s like the offence is still pushing forward .

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is interesting if true, huge explosion in Russia

Explosions in Taganrog, Russia

What`s going on there ?

Seems like Russians have airbase there..

edit on 12-9-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

Residents of several towns in Rostov region report powerful explosion

Himars ?

Anyone want to guess what type of planes Russia have in that airbase from google maps satellite ?

Taganrog airbase

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

A spot of psychological warfare on Russia perhaps , another munitions depot hit I guess.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

They might hit planes also, like in the other airbase attack in Crimea earlyer ? But surely there is psychological aspect also, and what will common Russians think about special military operation when they cant even prevent attack to Russian airbases ?

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Explosions in Taganrog, Russia

What`s going on there ?

Residents of several towns in Rostov region report powerful explosion

Himars ?

OHH geez

Those look identical to the explosions in Crimea Saki Airbase, ATACMS were probably used, but Ukraine said Special Forces, very doubtful... compare the footage and its an identical attack

Just googled and there is an Airbase in Taganrog loaded with heavy lift aircraft, this is going to hammer Russian logistics even more
Military transport aviation (5th Aviation Group of the 6955th Avb) is deployed on aircraft Ilyushin Il-76 and the 325th Aircraft Repair Plant.

WOW Ukraine is on beast mode

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think the Russians targeted Ukraine power plants, so retaliation.

if there really is a regime change in Russia I suspect a lot of those war criminals will pack up their loot and fly to some third-world country. maybe a -stan. or Turkey.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Everything is proceeding just fine
Vladimir Putin

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I think the Russians targeted Ukraine power plants, so retaliation.

if there really is a regime change in Russia I suspect a lot of those war criminals will pack up their loot and fly to some third-world country. maybe a -stan. or Turkey.

Most likely to China where their puppet masters are

I hear Xi is visiting soon, perhaps they'll discuss stepping up their efforts or folding like they should, Taiwan wont go much better

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Your desire to keep this agenda constantly at the top is commendable, but I believe that even if the Ukrainians actually (and not in the video) took Mariupol back, the majority of the Western population would still not approve of providing Ukraine with new cash tranches.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

That map shows Ukraine on the Russian international border. If Ukraine had the strength to attack Belgorod and get in Russia’s rear most of eastern Ukraine would be liberated.

Maybe it’s more of a test of will and not strengh ? 🤔

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Russia’s surrender of Izyum was in no way an "orderly tactical withdrawal." Russian forces abandoned significant amounts of equipment and supplies in the city as they fled in a disorganized rout.

twitter search for "abandoned russian equipment izyum"
edit on 12 9 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Many of russia's ground support aircraft were also recently relocated to this base from Crimea.

Nice of russia to move them into range like that.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Do people actually think Ukraine can win this war and that its not a US proxy war designed to be sustained and not won?

HELLO Vietnam !

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

What`s going on there ?

Anyone want to guess what type of planes Russia have in that airbase from google maps satellite ?

IL76 transport aircraft and su 24/25/27s for ground support.

This base housed a major air transport and logistics unit.

edit on 12-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join