It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Latest image from the Kharkiv region.

Vehicles abandoned by Russian soldiers. Pic: Press service of Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine/Reuters

Images from the Kharkiv region show vehicles and checkpoints abandoned by Russian soldiers.
news.sky.com...

Check out some aftermath vids/pictures here

TWITTER

And here

TWITTER 2

Loads of Tropheys

Lots of Abandoned T-80s

Perhaps somebody can post them in here i cant seem to upload pics anymore?
edit on 11-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Some more updates here on the counter offensive:

www.aljazeera.com...

I don't think Putin will be best pleased.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

They got 12 tanks from Russians in 2 days .

Ukraine’s Military Captured At Least 12 russia’s Tanks In Two Days (Latest Photos)

According to OSINT-researcher, Bellingcat and Oryx Blog contributor Jakub Janovsky, as of September 9-10, it was recorded that Ukraine’s military captured the following tanks: one T-72BA, two T-72B, four T-72B3 and four T-72B3 2016, as well as one unspecified T-72 (total of 12 units). Thus, in two days, the Armed Forces of Ukraine captured at least 12 tanks, which will be later thrown into battle against russian troops

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: TritonTaranis

They got 12 tanks from Russians in 2 days .

Ukraine’s Military Captured At Least 12 russia’s Tanks In Two Days (Latest Photos)

According to OSINT-researcher, Bellingcat and Oryx Blog contributor Jakub Janovsky, as of September 9-10, it was recorded that Ukraine’s military captured the following tanks: one T-72BA, two T-72B, four T-72B3 and four T-72B3 2016, as well as one unspecified T-72 (total of 12 units). Thus, in two days, the Armed Forces of Ukraine captured at least 12 tanks, which will be later thrown into battle against russian troops

The amount of equipment The Russians are abandoning is astonishing. They must be walking back to Russia.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Kharkiv Oblast , most of Russian forces out soon ..

Russian authorities admit that occupiers left Kharkiv Oblast almost completely

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why do you hate on this so much?

I'm being 'hateful' for not gobbling up dubious propaganda about an old pensioner shooting down a fighter jet with a shotgun.

Ghost of Kiev?
Snake Island?

Healthy skepticism isn't "hate".
I'm actually surprised you think there is no difference.

Perhaps you just feel I'm being 'hateful' by attempting to rain on everyone's victory parade by reminding them that, from the very beginning of this conflict, we have been inundated and manipulated by massive amounts of propaganda from governments on all sides.

Ukraine is no different than Russia...or even the US media in this regard.

There is certainly truth to be found...but it won't be found by blindly believing what everyone with their own agenda is hellbent on making you believe...especially if it's exactly what you WANT to hear.

Healthy skepticism is our friend in this.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

a reply to: MidnightWatcher

According to Ukrainian MP Oleksiy Honcharenko the Donetsk airport reports may be true.

My sources say - Ukrainian forces entered Donetsk airport! Keep fingers crossed!
twitter.com...

Big news if true.

The last thing I saw last night was a message that Zelinsky would include the airport in a speech today, but other than that I haven't seen any new info since then.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

On reflection, I was a bit out of order there.

My apologies.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Why do you hate on this so much?

I'm being 'hateful' for not gobbling up dubious propaganda about an old pensioner shooting down a fighter jet with a shotgun.

Ghost of Kiev?
Snake Island?

Healthy skepticism isn't "hate".
I'm actually surprised you think there is no difference.

Perhaps you just feel I'm being 'hateful' by attempting to rain on everyone's victory parade by reminding them that, from the very beginning of this conflict, we have been inundated and manipulated by massive amounts of propaganda from governments on all sides.

Ukraine is no different than Russia...or even the US media in this regard.

There is certainly truth to be found...but it won't be found by blindly believing what everyone with their own agenda is hellbent on making you believe...especially if it's exactly what you WANT to hear.

Healthy skepticism is our friend in this.

You mean... you don't like the use of propaganda on the battlefield?

Do you think any of us believed any of the above you mentioned?

There are Russians out there who believe RU forces actually control 2/3 of Ukraine, and that most of UKR forces were killed early on, and Russia did a tactical retreat to get into better positions... all the way back in Russia yeah? lol

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

a reply to: MidnightWatcher

According to Ukrainian MP Oleksiy Honcharenko the Donetsk airport reports may be true.

My sources say - Ukrainian forces entered Donetsk airport! Keep fingers crossed!
twitter.com...

Big news if true.

The last thing I saw last night was a message that Zelinsky would include the airport in a speech today, but other than that I haven't seen any new info since then.

It maybe for operational security purposes, pretty much all that's happened in the last 7 days were only seeing the videos of now, because a lot of the time they can give away geolocation/coordinates and be targeted

The Fog Of War

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

On reflection, I was a bit out of order there.

My apologies.

Thank you, sir.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

Make a thread when there’s REAL damage

Fact is, Crimea and Mariupol etc, for example, is Iron clad, locked.

Locked.

Locked as in, it will get the Russian majority to really come together and fully mobilize together and declare war.

Now the dust is settled, there is evidently considerable damage

Crimea will fall the easiest, once that is achieved the only thing that's gonna be locked in is Putin in jail and a Hague date

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Latest news from the Southern front where Ukraine say they have destroyed a supply bridge across the Dnipro River.

The Ukrainian defense forces are controlling the situation on the bridges and adjusting Russia’s plans to use them as transport routes. In particular, the Ukrainian military destroyed a bridge built by Russian invaders across the Dnieper near Nova Kakhovka.
The relevant statement was made by the South Operational Command on Facebook, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.

“Following the completion of combat missions, the enemy’s losses were confirmed as follows: 35 invaders, five armored and motor vehicles, 120-mm mortar. Near Nova Kakhovka, an ammunition depot and a bridge built across the Dnieper were destroyed,” the report states.
www.ukrinform.net...

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

They call him Penis Dushilin. LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

Russia is putting ammo in tank turrets, making them vulnerable, says Newsweek

Russian tanks store their ammunition in the turret, where most of the crew—usually two men—stand. If the tank is hit by shelling during action, storing the ammunition in the turret makes it very likely to explode, blasting the turret and those inside it into the air, killing all inside.

What's particularly surprising is that Moscow was seemingly very well aware of the design flaw in its tanks, which, according to CNN, came to the attention of western militaries during the Gulf Wars of 1991 and 2003, when the same "jack-in-the-box effect" was observed among Iraqi troops using Russian-built tanks.

Drummond said that Western countries learned from that horrible experience to compartmentalize ammunition in their tanks. Russia, it's clear now, did not.

doesn't sound like Moscow puts much emphasis on its soldiers lives? or did they not realize this vulnerability?

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Health and safety?!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Lieutenant General (Retired) Ben Hodges sums up the counter-offensive.

This map puts Ukrainian gains into perspective.

edit on 11-9-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join