It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Some of what has happened in the past 12 hours.

Russia has lost quite a few aircraft over the past few days. Including this one a couple of hours ago.
Downed Su-34 of the Russian Air Force in the Kharkiv region

Ukrainians have reclaimed some strategically important cities.

Ukrainian military liberated Vasylenkove and Artemivka of Kharkiv region

Ukrainian military in Savyntsi of Kharkiv region

Ukrainian flag raised in Izyum

Ukraine has been conducting over 30 airstrikes a day in the south since they began their counteroffensive.

Ukrainian aviation conducted 33 airstrikes against Russian ammunition warehouses, equipment and military gathering points

Most missiles being launched by Russia from Belgorod are malfunctioning. Many of the Iranian drones given to Russia are also malfunctioning.
edit on 10 9 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Thank you!

One correction:

I have reason to believe that ALL iranian drones are malfunctioning.

You're gonna love why that is once russia finally figures it out.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

It's almost as if someone already knew how to disable them, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I can't imagine the treasure trove of intelligence the Ukrainians are going to obtain by taking Isyum and Kupiansk and maybe even Vovchansk. The Russians are going to feel this logistically, regardless of some of their commentators saying it is unimportant. They just lost a LOT of weapons and ammunition.That whole side of the country is supplied through those hubs.

The blow to Russian morale when an entire sector collapses in a couple of days most be crushing. I wonder how this news affects the Russians in Kherson and Melitpol, etc.... ? It's different fighting in the south with the very different terrain but it's got to be very demoralizing to know aprox a 1/4 of the combined forces in Ukraine just ran like rabbits.

I really couldn't believe the advances when I got home today and starting checking what had happened. I hadn't had an update since yesterday afternoon. At first I thought this may have been some sort of Russian trap with how the advance went yesterday, maybe they are allowing them to advance and then cut them off and trap the Ukrainians but I get home and they have seized Kupiansk and Izyum. Incredible.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

"I can't imagine the treasure trove of intelligence"

So much that Ukrainians are specifically asking folks to not discuss it.

telegram folks are saying it contains information about specific US and EU 'leaders'. But it's telegram..

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

It's almost as if someone already knew how to disable them, isn't it?

Even better than that.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

There are very strong signs that Ukrainian forces are on the outskirts of Lisachansk, and that russians are fleeing from the city in large numbers.

Nothing official yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I bet that if the Ukrainians are truly taking territory and the Russians are leaving, most of the civilians will be accompanying them because they know what they will get from the Azov brigades.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I bet that if the Ukrainians are truly taking territory and the Russians are leaving, most of the civilians will be accompanying them because they know what they will get from the Azov brigades.

Freedom from russian oppression?

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ukraine taked territory also in North area, Vovchans'k which is just few kilometers from border

A great map from @ukraine_map showing just how much territory the Ukrainian Army has taken back over the past 4 days. That’s more territory than Russia took in the previous 4 months…

edit on 10-9-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Ukraine taked territory also in North area, Vovchans'k which is just few kilometers from border

A great map from @ukraine_map showing just how much territory the Ukrainian Army has taken back over the past 4 days. That’s more territory than Russia took in the previous 4 months…

I'm also seeing unconfirmed reports that Ukraine just reopened the Donetsk front today and have retaken the airport that had served as russia's 2nd line of defense for the past few months.

Note - first reports of this were over 8 hours ago and absolute silence from both sides since so I suspect Ukrainians have advanced past the airport by now.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Donets airport is important

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Donets airport is important

Been basically the front line for 8 years!

I've seen visual confirmation of the airport and a few unofficial Ukrainian reports, but nothing at all from the russian side, not even from their propagandists.

Did they all flee from Donets already?

I honestly have no idea, but this same pattern of silence is what happened just before russia abandoned several other cities recently.

edit on 11-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Some twitter account reported that Sparta battalion still had Donets airport, but hard to say is that old information

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Latest report from the Ukrainian military.

Over the past day, to support the actions of the ground groups, the aviation of the Defense Forces launched 23 strikes, during which four anti-aircraft missile systems were destroyed, four strongholds and 15 enemy's manpower and equipment clusters were hit. In addition, the Ukrainian air defense units destroyed two aircraft (Su-25 and Su-34), one Ka-52 helicopter, two UAVs, and one guided missile.

The missile troops and artillery of ground troops continue to perform counter-battery combat tasks, hit enemy manpower and equipment, disrupt enemy control systems and logistical support. In particular, two enemy control points of unmanned aircraft, strongholds, weapon and military equipment clusters were hit. A pontoon crossing and enemy watercraft with military equipment were also struck.

The enemy continues to focus its efforts on establishing full control over the territory of Donetsk region, holding the temporarily captured districts of Kherson region, part of Kharkiv region, Zaporizhzhia region, and Mykolaiv region. The enemy conducts aerial reconnaissance, constantly tries to improve the tactical position, takes measures to improve the logistical support of its units, and shells the Ukrainian positions along the entire contact line.
www.ukrinform.net...

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   

According to Ukrainian MP Oleksiy Honcharenko the Donetsk airport reports may be true.

My sources say - Ukrainian forces entered Donetsk airport! Keep fingers crossed!
twitter.com...

Big news if true.

edit on 11-9-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Latest image from the Kharkiv region.

Vehicles abandoned by Russian soldiers. Pic: Press service of Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine/Reuters

Images from the Kharkiv region show vehicles and checkpoints abandoned by Russian soldiers.
news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Latest image from the Kharkiv region.

Vehicles abandoned by Russian soldiers. Pic: Press service of Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine/Reuters

Images from the Kharkiv region show vehicles and checkpoints abandoned by Russian soldiers.
news.sky.com...

Is that Russian attempts at amphibian vehicles??

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Yes, Putin is in the wrong, shouldn't have invaded, but it still a territorial dispute, Putin wants territory, so started a war to get it. At this point I just think the world would be a much better place if we let them sort of their own problems. And as for what the MSM reports about the war, I learned a long time ago not to believe a single word they say. I'll believe it when Ukraine declares victory, not a time when the Russian economy is booming and they are making record oil profits.

Right lol

Where to start with this post?

Well for a start that is geopolitical and strategic suicide to ignore, any suggestions of turning your backs on Ukraine is to say you have absolutely not idea how the world works, none at all... leave it to the professionals what youre watching is great power competition and moves, Putin does understand this, Kudos to Putin on that hes a wise Hitler, however he lacks a mighty German Military Machine, Hitler had 3 million men, Putler hmmm not even close

Lets get hypothetical

Russia takes over all of Ukraine because national security across the entire west is on holiday

Russia then owns 60% of global grain production or close to it, and political influence across eastern Europe is now rock-bottom, we have to pivot to Russia as we cannot rely on our western allies to defend us?, pretty soon the whole Europe zone is hooked on Russian energy and now food, its pretty much over at that point there's no point resisting the aggressive imperialist invader, let just fold or not get involved because it'll be to painful

Basically saying what you're saying now, but in a much much more dangerous and volatile security world, in a position of 1940 where decades of why did we appease Hitler debates occurred, the weak do not understand these men and their ideologies, but people well above our pay grade game these scenarios on a daily basis because of these mistake of the past

So, now the USA has lost its allies in Europe, and now stands all alone on the world stage with shrinking influence because of the disaster of allowing Putin a strategic world cup victory

China attacks Taiwan and secures 90% of the worlds semiconductors and controls 1/3 of global shipping routes, western allies within the Indo pacific begin to politically pivot to China and now the USA as the leader of the western democracies is even more isolated and a declining... well not declining... It would be finished as a superpower and entering into the realms of Exquisite Insignificance on the world stage

Russia goes for its next offensive with zero resistance and reestablishes the soviet union

TO STOP ALL THAT HYPOTHETICAL OCCURRING

You just smash Russia on its first move knowing full well where all this is going, they've been pretty open and brazen about it, MULTI-POLARITY THIS MULTI-POLARITY THAT, No Putin... there already is multi polarity in the world, its called the Democracies Vs Autocratic, and they're making a move, mostly due to US political instability and a crashing global financial system

Whats going to happen now instead, is Putin's going to fall, and Russia is going to pivot into the western spheres of political influence and culture, and then end up in NATO as a deterrent against China should they not make a move on Taiwan before hand

So this IMO means China is forced to make a move into Taiwan

Or cut of ties with Russia, which isn't happening because theyre both backstabbing ideological lunatics hellbent on outwardly expanding and breaking down national boundary's and boarders protected by a US led rules based international order

Under this global system everybody's sovereignty is protected, their economic zones are protected

Russia & China need this system gone to secure those land grabs and economic zones in order to Challenge The USA which holds together this global system

And those first moves against it... IS UKRAINE & TAIWAN

You Guys Are Neville Chamberlains or French? i cant decide

Wakey Wakey

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I've heard the same thing from some sources.

I'm very interested in seeing what Putin has to say about this in any public appearances he may make in the next day or two.

And the UKrainians still have to take the east side of Kupiansk, the main area of logistics for the Russians. If they manage that, They may not need to much Western aide for a while, the Russians will have given them enough equipment to refit the front line troops without actually having to worry to much about losses for the next several months.
Couple that with the retaking of Balakliia, they've got weapons and ammo coming out there ass.

Although it may take them a while to repair all that gear, who knows what state most of it is in currently in.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join