It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Allows Spanking in Classrooms

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
You said some posters twist words and I brought to your attention that you twist words.....you twisted Freeborns words.

Did Freeborn ever say 'smack across the face' or did you twist their words?

edit on 31-8-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Kids will probably do as they please once they grow up with or without our permission to do so.

All we can do is bring them up to the best of our abilities and hope we manage to teach them right from wrong in the process.

And there's that attitude again... "I did the best I could! I don't know why Johnny went into a life of drugs and killed that other boy, I tried to teach him right from wrong, but he just wouldn't listen! I thought his way would work."

Pitiful.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Did Freeborn ever say 'smack across the face' or did you twist their words?

originally posted by: Freeborn

"I would suggest that you weren't spanked early enough then."

I'd suggest that you don't know # about me and that at times you are full of it.

"Your defiance had time to settle in. A 2-year-old with a sore butt is not defiant."

Smacking two year old kids?
That's just #ing wrong, end of story.

Now that I have done your research for you into what was said this time, you're on your own next time.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You fail to have quoted where he said:
'Smack across face'.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Here you go again. In your past post, you apologized for insinuating that I beat my kids.

You made one thing up about me before and I let that slide - I notice someone else picked up on it - but there you go again.
You advocated starting corporal punishment on children when they are young - you're words - I disagree.

I think any form of corporal punishment is a beating and is violence.

I accepted that apology and replied based on that apology. Now you do it again. Is this some sort of game for you? See how many times you can insult me before I get tired and go away?

You're own words convict you.

One either controls their children and teaches them right from wrong, or one does not. That's how simple it is.

And its possible to do that without an ADULT taking a 'paddle' or a strap or a cane or whatever other implement you care to mention to a CHILD.

D I S C I P L I N E !

Why is it so hard to get that through to you?

Because I think you are wrong.
Very wrong.
Doesn't matter how much you shout at me you won't convince me otherwise.

"Violence is wrong.
So becasue you committed an act of violence I am going to commit an act of violence against you.
But that isn't violence, its discipline"

Absolute bollocks.
Its just a very poor excuse for committing violence against someone.

So your parents tortured you? Those are your words. See, I can play your little game, too.

It felt like it at the time....but it wasn't physical violence.

Beating a child is more of a reflection of the failings of the ADULT doing the beating than it is of the failings of the CHILD receiving the beating.

You prefer to torture them? You just said grounding is torture.

It felt like torture, quite clearly it wasn't.
No amount of spin and sugar coating can change that.

I absolutely 100% stand by that statement.
If you don't that's entirely up to you.....and it speaks volumes about you as well.

Toss them in solitary confinement, maybe? How long? Maybe a couple of years? Let's lock them in the closet... nice and dark in there, make them really know what torture is. Amirite?

You're being stupid.
I never said that, I never implied that....and you know that.
You really are beginning to make yourself look like an arse at present.

Oh, did I hit a nerve?

Not at all.....just #ing bang out of order.
The only thing preventing me from saying what I want are site T&C and the fact that I won't let you get me banned.

You may think you're clever, you may even think you've hit a raw nerve....but you're way wide of the mark and way out of order saying such a thing.
You can't let it lie when told it has # all to do with you or this conversation but still you have to try and have a little #ing pop.
Trying to provoke a reaction, by getting personal and prying into private matters that have # all to do with you or this conversation - keep your #ing nose out of my private business, am I clear?
edit on 31/8/22 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
School them at home
Spank em at school.

Seems…backwards.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I see parents all the time who refused to spank their kids. Occasionally one turns out OK... some don't really need spankings much at all. But more often than not, much more often than not, the parents finish raising the kids, the kids finally manage to move out, and twenty years later they've been through three different marriages, got kids all across the county they can't pay for, have been in jail, and are still saying "Welcome to McDonald's; can i take your order" as a part of their "career." They never own a home of their own, never drive a new car, and hang out with other failures at the game of life. Often they wind up in jail on a semi-permanent basis. Occasionally one goes postal and winds up making the news and the parents are wringing their hands on TV talking about how good a job they did raising them and how they don't know how this could have happened.

Then you have the other type. Basically still living at home past 30 doing not much of anything. Playing video games screaming to their mom to make them a sandwich. Unfortunately I see this more times than not today, and it is hard to pick which scenario is worst.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You seem to fail to understand the phrase "do your own research."

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You seem to fail to understand the phrase "do your own research."

TheRedneck

I did the research.
And I read the research you provided that you seemed very pleased with.

Now that I have done your research for you into what was said this time, you're on your own next time.

Even though you had not provided the phrase 'smack across the face' evidence in your research.

Out of interest.....how old are your children now?
edit on 31-8-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The thing is, were you going to actually slap your son around? Of course not! That doesn't even need to be said to be understood. But, your son didn't know that and even if he did know it inside, I doubt he was very sure of that belief at the moment.

As I said before, paddling in school is really 99% threat than action. Principal has this huge paddle on the wall with a name on it. The stories fly that it actually has hooks in it to ripe your flesh...lol These few stories of people here telling how they saw paddling used often or even daily is extremely weird and I agree pushes over into some level of abuse, and is 100% counter productive. Same thing if someone beat their kids everyday it no longer becomes a fear or threat, just a norm.

What was actually happening was this: The cop would call the Daddy and say something like, "Hey, I found Johnny trying to break into so-and-so's store. We have him at the station. You want us to scare him?" The choice was, Daddy could say yes and no charges would actually be filed, or Daddy could say no and the cops would likely have the kid in Juvenile under actual charges. This also only applied if the kid hadn't been in much trouble before... if the parents couldn't or wouldn't control him, the cops went by the book.

I'm not sure if it is still allowed, but the old scared straight program where they use real harden criminals to talk to "tough" kids well on their way to going to jail and these people would tell them exactly what is going to happen to them when they get in jail in a very not so nice way.

Today we can't do any of that and kids just rot away as there is nothing they really care about, have no self-control, do not have higher levels of emotional responses like delayed gratification. They are also like little fragile flowers where even if someone hurts their feelings or disagrees with them they act like it is abuse/maltreatment and a physical attack, and they are evolving society in that direction as we speak on this. Heaven help you if you get one's pronouns wrong...lol I think it was in Australia recently that has basically said long staring is a form of sexual attack now. You need to ask for permission first... Jesus.

edit on 31-8-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I offer spankings here at ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You made one thing up about me before and I let that slide - I notice someone else picked up on it - but there you go again.

I made nothing up against you. I never stated that you mentioned the face... however, you did use the word "smack" which insinuates the face, and thus I added that in as a mild form of hyperbole to indicate the difference between discipline and abuse.

You advocated starting corporal punishment on children when they are young - you're words - I disagree.

Yes, I did, and yes, I do. And I used my own successful experiences as a parent to prove my point. Then you and andy06shake started accusing me of abusing my children.

That is not cool. Period.

I think any form of corporal punishment is a beating and is violence.

But you advocate torture of children? Those are your own words.

Your own sensibilities and weaknesses are speaking clearly here. You did not respond well to corporal punishment; OK, I accept that. Not every child does. But you are extending that to those who do respond well to it, and advocating removing it from school environments where it is one of the few disciplinary tools the school has at their disposal. That is an internal bias that has resulted in the kind of chaos we now see in schools.

What is a school supposed to do with an out of control student? Send them to their room?

And its possible to do that without an ADULT taking a 'paddle' or a strap or a cane or whatever other implement you care to mention to a CHILD.

In your case, maybe. You are not the pattern for all of humanity.

Because I think you are wrong.

And that thought has led to everything from failing grades to school violence to social/sexual indoctrination by perverted teachers. It's one thing to have an opinion, but when that opinion starts ripping away the very fabric of society and eats away at parental rights, it is no longer just an opinion; it becomes a danger to humanity.

But that isn't violence, its discipline

Correct. Maybe one day you'll see that.

It felt like it at the time....but it wasn't physical violence.

So again, you prefer emotional/mental torture of children to a swat on the diaper?

I have seen many children and young adults who were emotionally and mentally abused as a child. They're literally basket cases. Their whole life is torture; some actually commit suicide. But you advocate that? What kind of monster are you?

it speaks volumes about you as well.

That I do not advocate torturing children? Good. I like that it says that about me.

You're being stupid.

How?

I claimed that a spat on a diaper to a girl just old enough to understand she did wrong established boundaries that she understood. You then turned that around to me beating a child with a cane (your words). You said that being sent to your room without your records and radio was torture to you. I turned that around to you advocating solitary confinement and torture for children.

How are those two things different?

I fed you your own damn medicine. Now quit whining and take it before someone locks you back in solitary.

You may think you're clever, you may even think you've hit a raw nerve....but you're way wide of the mark and way out of order saying such a thing.

So are you when you try to twist my words into me beating a baby.

And I did hit a nerve. Even though I tried desperately to state that I was not trying to condemn you, you still took it that way. If that's not a raw nerve, I don't know what is.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

School them at home
Spank em at school.

Seems…backwards.

It is backwards. But that's what happens when children are allowed to run wild.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Then you have the other type. Basically still living at home past 30 doing not much of anything. Playing video games screaming to their mom to make them a sandwich. Unfortunately I see this more times than not today, and it is hard to pick which scenario is worst.

Yeah, I've seen more than one of my close friends go through that. They marry (or move in with) a woman whose kids fit that and next thing they know they're the kid's servant and sugar daddy. Never lasts.

The only silver lining is that these so-called "parents" are also reaping the rewards for their poor parenting.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Never mind the defection.

So where are these ""Sharia law no-go zones"" in the UK?

Come on you made the claim back it up with some Qanonsense please.

I already have it figured out, there are no Sharia law no-go zones here in the UK.

People can go where ever they please as long as they don't act like complete trumpets.

You can look easier than I can post. You act like there is nothing out there to suggest anything like that is even remotely there. So I post something and you just say, oh that is false, then we rinse and repeat that 100 times as you decided already that is some impossible thing in your country or maybe even all of EU.

The really is that you brought Sharia law into the conversation with suggesting America's marring ages might as well be based on it while England is basically the same thing. I pointed out that EU in general has had a massive influx of people from the ME so that is where you would see such things as Sharia law within ME communities and most likely where your view of a 40 yearold marring a 16 yearold would take place as they see that is a norm for them.

No-go zones can be defined as Muslim-dominated neighborhoods that are de facto off limits to non-Muslims due to a number of factors, including the lawlessness, insecurity or religious intimidation that often pervades these areas.

In some no-go zones, host-country authorities are unable or unwilling to provide even basic public aid, such as police, fire fighting and ambulance services, out of fear of being attacked by Muslim gangs that sometimes claim control over such areas.

Muslim enclaves in European cities are also breeding grounds for Islamic radicalism.

Europe's no-go zones are the by-product of decades of multicultural policies that have encouraged Muslim immigrants to remain segregated from — rather than become integrated into — their European host nations.

The problem of no-go zones is well documented, but multiculturalists and their politically correct supporters vehemently deny that they exist. Some are now engaged in a concerted campaign to discredit and even silence those who draw attention to the issue — often by deliberately mischaracterizing the term "no-go zone."

Islam expert Andrew C. McCarthy has offered a lucid clarification of what no-go zones are and of what they are not:

"[N]o sensible person is saying that state authorities are prohibited from entering no-go zones as a matter of law. The point is that they are severely discouraged from entering as a matter of fact — and the degree of discouragement varies directly with the density of the Muslim population and its radical component. Ditto for non-Muslim lay people: It is not that they are not permitted to enter these enclaves; it is that they avoid entering because doing so is dangerous if they are flaunting Western modes of dress and conduct.

edit on 31-8-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

From my own perspective, i took drugs because i liked them and it was the 90s.

My own kids don't do anything resembling such, don't smoke, don't drink, don't vape, don't even swear much.

A completely different world with completely different goals and objectives to the tune of oil and water.

That being said, do you have any idea how many kids that have had the perfect upbringing go on to feck up their lives?

Coz there are a few, just as there are kids out there that will come from nothing, with nothing, and go on to do well in life.

However, if it's "pitiful" your after, hitting toddlers and one-year-olds ticks that box.

edit on 31-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So you can't tell us where these Sharia law-enforced no-go areas are?

Imagine that. LoL

Do you understand how the burden of proof works around these here parts?

I think you may find when you make a claim you are expected to provide proof and evidence to back it up.

Where is that again?

Wee hint, kind of hard to find something that only exists in the minds of Gammon.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Double, my bad.

Need new mouse.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Thinks its ok to hit one year old kids, check

Wants to put homeless people in tent cities on the outskirts of town, check.

Believes in wide-scale election fraud without any tangible evidence to support such, check.

Three strikes.....and you are out.

Dont let the door hit you on the arse.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

And there's that attitude again... "I did the best I could! I don't know why Johnny went into a life of drugs and killed that other boy, I tried to teach him right from wrong, but he just wouldn't listen! I thought his way would work."

Pitiful.

TheRedneck

Then we see something like the Columbine school shooting happen. The parents were exactly like your post above. We were never anything but 'loving" parent, so what could have gone wrong? Parents that let them do anything they want with ZERO oversite and authority their whole lives. They were taking dads guns into the forest to shoot things up at like 14 and 15, making pipe bombs in their garage etc and most likely 100 other rather crazy things kids by themselves should never do, or do without adult supervision, but they had none and their parents had no clue.

Then the kids develop physiological issues like anxiety and stress because the mean old world is not so nice as their bubble house was that they have lived in their whole lives and the answer is massive meds that make everything worst. Why are so many kids medicated today for physiological issues that when we were teens no one was, and no one needed it, and we were the ones beaten, bullied, stressed as others here suggest.

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join