It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Trump is Arrested

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Taiwan is a straw. Many people believe that we are/should protect them as a matter of policy. Carter ended that policy in 1979. It was furthered by both Clinton and Obama. But Trump brought about a new era of relations by accepting a congratulatory phone call in 2016. The first since 1979 as Reagan either did not get one or declined the call.

Would Americans go crazy over China taking Taiwan? Maybe, but probably not if left alone to vent about it. Notice the original deal about Ukraine versus the now billions involved in a proxy war with Russia.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ill give up on ameriva if we have a civil war over this moron. How going after a egotistical billionaire idiot is the line in the sand for many is beyond me. I just wish trump would go away and we can elect someone who is positive for the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I mostly try not to speculate on this stuff, but your parameters for the OP were well established, so I did.
There are so many moving variables, so much complexity to our volatile situation that for people like us, living at the far end of the power plays watching it all though the lens of profit driven media, what we might think could be so incorrect it's almost silly.

Along those lines, here is some silly for you. You know the late night comics? They do man on the street interviews. One series on Fallon had a writer with a microphone hit the street to interview passersby. He would ask them a simple question to set their minds into a context, then ask a second question that may or may not have had anything to do with the first question and they would continue with the first question. Then he would begin to mangle words in his questions until finally he would be just spewing gobble-de-gook. And they wouldn't even notice.

Another was on Kimmel I think. A guy with a mic would ask totally fictitious questions to people. Something totally made up that he said had happened yesterday and that everybody was talking about. He would ask them what they thought on this burning social issue. And they would answer and give their deep opinions and and evaluations of the topic. Trying for all the world to appear knowledgeable making up answers and lying straight into the microphones with the cameras rolling and all.

Now that is scary. How many people on either side of this political divide are no more capable of independent thought that those people caught in those comic ''stings'' ?

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: putnam6

At some point we have to ask ourselves honestly if Biden's poll numbers were reversed, would this raid have happened?

I guess that depends who you ask.
Some believe the raid was to cause trouble and cast doubts on Trump 2024.

but...

Sometimes I think abstractly... what if the raid was to help Trump...
A phoenix out of the fire type of thing..?

I usually think whatever they show us at face value it's the opposite...

This is why I suspect it's all political theater, and I hate when people say that, LOL, but I think it applies.

Generally, if a President has riots during his term it isn't good for election results, nobody likes the chaos, corporations don't like chaos, and Hollywood doesn't like chaos.

After the last 3-4 years people will support whoever helps them get back to less uncertainty and insecurity, it is just human nature.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think even his followers will look down on him if he stupidly took classified documents.

Then again, Trump has some pretty hardcore followers.

Usually my conspiracy brain would sway to the side of this being planted. But with all the incredibly dumb stuff trump has said and done out of ego, i think it may be legit.

Not sure why people put trust in him. He has shown to be a ego-minded hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
No matter what side you are on, I think you can agree the reality is Trump will probably be arrested.
When it is done it will probably be done in a public way.

If Trump is arrested the people will revolt. Until someone gets shot then they'll all go home again.
edit on 15-8-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Would Americans go crazy over China taking Taiwan?

Absolutely not. Some might have strong opinions but very few would be willing to send their first born.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

OK Shooter, I"ll try one more time for you here as you seem to want to get this straight.

This is a speculative thread. Jag asked what we think MIGHT happen. Right? What ''MIGHT'' happen if he were arrested.
That is the context here. What MIGHT happen. OK?

So yes, you got that quote from my post and indeed it is exactly what I posted. However, you have taken it as avocation. Were the thread asking ''what do you think SHOULD happen' you would be right I would have been advocating. But it is not a thread on what should happen but what MIGHT happen.

OK? Are we on the same page yet? I hope so.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

which id why the UK moving British and Canadian troops to Hong Kong pre Japanese invasion trying to change the dynamic but failed, it might have changed the dynamic in Ukraine if British French US troops where there but like Hong Kong I'm not sure the US could change Xis mind if he chooses to go.. but then given how deeply divided Western society is am sure they are hoping on that division preventing action. while waiting for the west to implode..

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Might?
When have prisoners, let alone political prisoners, been silenced as you posted, in the USA?

It’s ok,
If your posts are just dragon farts and fairy dust imagination land.

Who knew?

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Too close to the elections to arrest him.
It would look too blatantly partisan and political...and would backfire.

The left have been programed that the right will go shootemup crazy. The left will be afraid to say or do anything, or even to go vote. The right need not fire a shot.

The Democrats have scared themselves.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Ill give up on ameriva if we have a civil war over this moron. How going after a egotistical billionaire idiot is the line in the sand for many is beyond me. I just wish trump would go away and we can elect someone who is positive for the world.

It's funny, you are angry that a guy has the popularity that his persecution might cause others to revolt. Never once worrying about why that person is being persecuted in the first place, or if it's warranted.

What threat to the world does Trump offer?

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Part of the art of war

But you're not at war??
You're all fellow Americans on different parts of a political scale. Voting is what made you all patriotic Americans and famous around the world, not for shooting each other over political beliefs?

A parade of Trump’s Army

When did Trump have an Army? I would say if he did then that is insurrection, isn't it?

You talk of sieges and medieval tactics like it's a sure thing and even sound excited about it, I'm not trying to start an arguement here but you're talking about your fellow patriots.
I'm British not American so have nothing in this race (I do dislike Trump tho') but as an outsider looking in, the hatred I see from a mainly rightwing website about "lefties" is just saddening.
It's the politicians on both sides that are stoking this fire and people like Trump who just love the attention and doesn't give a damn about the consequences are the people who are benefiting from this not the average person on the street.
I saw members on here posting "LOCK HER UP!" when it was rumoured Clinton had a sever with White House files on. I haven't seen any American Lefties on here posting "LOCK HIM UP".
I hope after your next election, you have a President who is more mentally fit and balanced what ever side they are on, and can bring a bit of harmony back to the USA.

edit on 15-8-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well, the threat of idiocracy. We already seen a chunk of the population fall for Qanon.

ATS used to question politicians, now its full of right wingers who believe anything the the ex-potus says.

And whats next? People are going to start dying for him in a civil war?

Have fun with that. History will look down upon his moronic followers.
edit on 15-8-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

LMAOOOO!

The sad part is, his devout followers would be even bigger morons to fight and die for his rights being violated.

Nah, it would be from simmering hatred for political opponents and their supporters. If you demonize the other party long enough, eventually they aren't even considered Americans anymore and violence against them is desensitized.
edit on CDT11Mon, 15 Aug 2022 11:30:29 -050000000008b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What do I know, yeah. I only know one person who has been incarcerated. He did not have free privilege of communication. He had only certain times when he could, certain times when he could be visited. He was very restricted.

And while you say that Trump would be a political prisoner, he would not be ''officially'' a political prisoner but rather would be a prisoner for specific crimes, not for his political beliefs. And that Shooter is only IF IF IF

And besides, didn't I suggest somewhere back in this thread that he would be allowed to speak though his attorneys? I"m sure I did somewhere. Oh yeah, right there in that quote you posted back to me.

Let him have his luxury in his own setting where he can be physically comfortable but shut down his communication avenues and only allow him to communicate though his attorneys.

And wouldn't that be the smart thing for him to do anyway? Speak through his attorneys? We have to know that that is what his attorneys would advocate for him to do, speak though them so that he doesn't go off half cocked and make things worse for himself.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

They drank the kool aid man. They literally will believe whatever that guy says. Trump is dangerous in that regard. What if he runs again and says the election was stolen again. Who knows how far his followers will go this time. Maybe kill a few politicians and install a dictatorship.

I used to think that would becrazy and impossible but his followers are nuts. Half of them believe in Qanon which invents entire fantasies around trump.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Right.. Just convince themselves that democrats are all pedophile corrupt satanists and there goes their humanity.

The groundwork is already laid out. Just have trump say it publicly and ask his followers to fight for him.

Which might be possible if trump is arrested.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

I mean we've literally had families torn apart by Q anon nonsense and people who uploaded their own videos of them fighting with the police on Jan 6 to their social media accounts, so proud of themselves for pushing the line which has led to them being arrested, losing their jobs, and some going to jail. Because they were "fighting for their President". Many of these were like the mom and dad next door, 40-60 year old suburban people.

Scary times that one man radicalized people to the extent they will lose everything to keep him in power.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
I have been saying the same.
I hope you are able to reach more people than I have.
Many roll their eyes and stick their heads back in the sand.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join