It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a terrible day - 21 dead most are children

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank
And I think the MK ULTRA program is responsible for harvesting these mass shooters.

We should be putting pressure on Seymour Hersh to reveal his source, instead of this mental masturbation about politics.

Check out the documentary, Wormwood, for more about Frank Olson's story.

There is no need for such programs. Democrats/the left/the anti-Trump crowd themselves made conditions perfect for the educational system to produce such mass murderers, a majority, if not all, who lean very left-wing.

When people are indoctrinated from an early age to devalue innocent human life for any motive, excuses can be made to devalue other human life as well.

What's more, the whole LBTQ etc, etc, etc, movement is a prime example of how democrats/the left are actively trying to destroy the U.S. and future American generations. I am not talking about individuals who are gay, or lesbian, but what the MOVEMENT stands for. There are plenty of gay and lesbian Americans who lean right in politics.

Many gay and lesbian Americans are not/do not believe in the goals of the LBGTQ etc, etc, movement. There are also transgender Americans who are not in favor of the LGBTQ, etc, etc, goals. Such as the goal of taking away parental rights from parents and making the "state/government" and "teachers in the LBTQetcetc movement the ones who control the education of children 100%.

The LBTQ etc, etc, movement is striving to take away parental rights...which democrat leaders are helping them achieve. This movement is producing people who are very conflicted about who they are and this has been done on purpose by democrat leaders/the left.

How many children who believed the lies from their LBTQ, etc ,etc teachers and thought I am not the sex I was born with yet later realized they were NEVER "the other sex." But because they underwent "transitions" such as hormones to feminize boys and to man-up? girls, many future Americans are going to be very conflicted and more and more angry "with the world and society in general."

It seems to me quite clear that every single policy from democrats is to make sure the U.S. and our future generations do not succeed in life.

This goal includes the claims that "biology does not exist and you can be the sex/gender you want to be..."
This goal includes indoctrinating Americans and including children that "math is racist." Without math, and without real sciences like biology the future of the U.S. is a bleak one. Since nations like China will have children 1,000 times smarter and better prepared than America's future generations.

Who will become the future leaders of the U.S.? The children that grow up in the U.S. who have been indoctrinated into believing "math is racist and biology is not real"?

This is being done on purpose, and leftists who embrace these goals are just too naive, or too damn stupid to know any better.

edit on 28-5-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You say;

.... such mass murderers, a majority, if not all, who lean very left-wing.

What makes you say that?
Have you any supportive evidence to back that statement up?
Any sources?

Whilst I may not be a supporter of the LGBTQ+ or whatever its called agenda I fail to see what relevance that rant has to do with this tragedy or any other similar incidents.

As far as I can tell very, very few perpetrators of these horrendous acts come from that section of the community.

I've done a little bit of reading up on these shootings - not an in depth study by any stretch so these are just initial tentative impressions - and the things that strike me are that many come from disturbed and/or broken homes and backgrounds.
Many have existing mental health issues of one sort or another and a grave sense of injustice.
And probably most contentious of all many seem accustomed to guns, have easy access to them or have an obsession with them.

I don't expect those observations to gain much support, I'm not trying to sell it as a definitive study just the impression I got from looking at some of these shootings and trying to view them with an open mind, no vested interest and no agenda other than a desire to understand.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Freeborn

Used to be if America had problems or issues they solved them.

Now they simply seem to squabble amongst themselves.

And the division and divide means that next to nothing gets done for fear of insulting and alienating one side or another.

Proper gun control needs to be implemented and enforced so kids and loon balls don't have access to guns especially the military grade weaponry.

Its not even that hard to understand.

It's always been that way here, we fight like hell, then permanently resolve 2000+ year old problems in the blink of any eye.

(See slavery for perfect example, but there are MANY such examples)

It's messy, time consuming, costly, and confusing (especially to outsiders), but that IS how our system was intended to work.

It has resulted in benefits to all humanity that seemed impossible for thousands, possibly millions, of years, benefits that every human on the planet has benefited from.

Perhaps Churchill said it best:

"democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.”

While he was obviously referring to the 20th century British 'democracy', his wise words probably apply to us at least 1000x more than the UK.

edit on 28-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I understand your post and see why you might think like that but don't you think its time for a little urgency?

While he was obviously referring to the 20th century British 'democracy', his wise words probably apply to us at least 1000x more than the UK.

Why would they 'apply' to the US any more than anywhere else?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.”

Thats may well be true but its still a prison where the majority cannot see the bars even if it is the best from of government the world have yet to devise.

And according to the Democracy Index, Norway was deemed the most democratic country in the world back in 2020.

Loads of nations around the globe, my own included, share a form of democratic government, certainly not just America that's enjoys the luxury of democratic representation of the people.

None of which by the way experience the same to similar issues where mass shootings/school shootings are concerned in anywhere near the sort of numbers associated with the USA.

End of the day money talks mate and wags the political tail, and that's just how we roll.

Dont change the fact that proper gun control needs to be implemented and enforced sharpish where the likes of arming nutters and kids is concerned.
edit on 28-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Uk has about 2000 auto related deaths a year. The US about 40,000 death per year. Why no outrage and why not calls for more car control.

Hum. You ever think the increased crime might be more about defund the police. The police having their hands tied politically. And easy bail policies. Serious road blocks to committing those with mental health issues.

Now. How does your post seriously address anything listed below…

originally posted by: neutronflux

Used to be if America had problems or issues they solved them.

Hmmm…

The USA does have a history of politicians making crappy laws and decisions that create a crisis that then gives them mandates from the population to allow them to legislate and limit civil liberties.

What better job security than create crisis after crisis and dupe people into thinking the political elites that created the problem are the only one’s that can save them.

And the division and divide means that next to nothing gets done for fear of insulting and alienating one side or another.

Dude. How long have the democrats been in control of the presidency, the house, and senate?

Proper gun control needs to be implemented and enforced so kids and loon balls don't have access to guns especially the military grade weaponry.

This is a common view on guns and self defense for my area. This will really piss you off. In the context of no resource officer on site at the Texas shooting. With the long time the shooter had in the school before law enforcement engaged him.

‘I don’t understand how grown men could stand around while kids are being shot and parents are pleading for them to do their job. While patents were willing to sacrifice themselves for their kids and being held back by the cops that wouldn’t do their job. And people wonder why people don’t want to be dependent on authorities protecting.”

There will always be evil. And it’s a basic human right to defend yourself. Is that two false statements?

By the way. The USA main land / continental USA isn’t even in the top 10 murders per 100,000k population. Is that false. With Greenland and Russia having higher rates.

worldpopulationreview.com...

edit on 28-5-2022 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Your nation is the only place on the planet where things like this happen on an almost daily basis neutronflux.

40% of the guns on planet Earth reside in the hands of the people of your nation.

Which is completely ridiculous.

More guns simply means more deaths.

Plain as day really but feel free to procrastinate away.

edit on 28-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Your nation is the only place on the planet where things like this happen on an almost daily basis neutronflux.

40% of the guns on planet Earth reside in the hands of the people of your nation.

Which is completely ridiculous.

More guns simply means more deaths.

Plain as day really but feel free to procrastinate away.

Where do you live. How many times has Americans saved your country’s Ass?

Go sit down, men are talking.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Where do you live. How many times has Americans saved your country’s Ass?

Never.

Relevance?

Go sit down, men are talking.

You mean they were....till you joined in.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Funny. Almost daily? Define please. In a country with a homicide rate not even in the top 10. With a homicide rate less than Greenland and Russia?

Over 100,000 drug overdose deaths in the USA vs 20,000 homicide deaths in the USA.

Are you outraged over the daily drug overdose deaths. I am. What are the democrat controlled senate, house, presidency doing. The Democrats have control.

The USA doesn’t have a gun problem. It has a mental health/ judicial issue. The systems are broken and or corrupt.

Without being 40 percent of the worlds homicides nor suicides. We are 4.4% of the worlds murders from a broken mental health/ judicial system.

Maybe the USA can achieve 50,000 a year murdered like Brazil?

Or how about Mexico? 36,000 murdered with rate of 29 per 100,000? Vs the USA’s 6? Or less?
worldpopulationreview.com...

Mexico’s Strict Gun Laws
Mexico’s gun laws are similar to those in countries like the United Kingdom that do not allow possession of certain lethal firearms

www.mexperience.com...

Are you just as outraged on Mexican social media against Mexican crime vs English based ATS?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Are you outraged over the daily drug overdose deaths. I am.

Why the outrage over people who choose this?..I don't get it. And I'm a former addict, almost 25 yrs clean, I interestingly have little sympathy. Getting shot by someone else, is a very much different conversation than, shooting yourself..right?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The use of drugs and their impact on society aren't the topic under discussion - well, not illegal one's anyway - its about the accessibility of guns....I think.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Depends.

Suicides by gun are included in gun crime statistics. Suicide also accounts for more than homicide in gun deaths.

I can see your point but want to highlight why pervasive thought may be statistically incorrect.

Also, grats on beating your demons.

ETA Upon further reading, suicide accounts for more than half of ALL gun crime.
edit on 28-5-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

What "things"? If you suggest mass murder at schools this is the 13th time in over 50 years where 4 or more people have been killed in a school mass murder event. America is 5 out of 100k for murders over all so we are like in the middle with 80 countries worst. If we looked at more than 1/2 of our murders are gang on gang then that would drop us even more down to about 2 per 100k. UK is like 1.something per 100k, so what is your point here?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Why the outrage over people who choose this?

Because it ties into the power and violence of the drug cartels. And the corruption of the southern border.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

And. If you took away the power of the cartels by adopting a drug treatment program like Portugal, what do you think would happen to the homicide rate in Mexico and at the southern border.

Like duh 🙄

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The use of drugs and their impact on society aren't the topic under discussion - well, not illegal one's anyway - its about the accessibility of guns....I think.

Ok. But it still reflective of the problems in the USA with the corruption, politicalization, easy bail, defunding of the police, and the failure of our mental health system that is driving up crime.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Depends.

Suicides by gun are included in gun crime statistics. Suicide also accounts for more than homicide in gun deaths.

I can see your point but want to highlight why pervasive thought may be statistically incorrect.

Also, grats on beating your demons.

ETA Upon further reading, suicide accounts for more than half of ALL gun crime.

Thanks

No doubt suicide is high on the list, I just find it a bit odd that the poster would be outraged by self harm. I might feel bad for a persons struggle, been there, but outrage is not a word I would use.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Why the outrage over people who choose this?

Because it ties into the power and violence of the drug cartels. And the corruption of the southern border.

But all that still depends on a person buying, and using the stuff. It's a choice, the cartel is not forcing anyone to use. Also, it's the govt that made the cartels prosperous, by making things illegal.
edit on 28-5-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

And. If you took away the power of the cartels by adopting a drug treatment program like Portugal, what do you think would happen to the homicide rate in Mexico and at the southern border.

Like duh 🙄

I'm 100% in favour of drug policy reform, Portugal's model seems to work for them.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join