It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a terrible day - 21 dead most are children

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: NoMoreFools

Change the words and replace the "shall not be infringed" with "Has been amended to be in line with today's world" springs to mind.

But hey I'm not a lawyer nor understand the totality of constitutional law.

Just a pleb that doesn't wish to see assault rifles in the hands of madmen, children, nor mass school shootings on the news every other day.

Out of all the things that are impossible in this world changing your constitution simply is not one of them if it is the will of the people to do so.

What’s an assault rifle?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

Change the words and replace the "shall not be infringed" with "Has been amended to be in line with today's world" springs to mind.

Just a pleb that doesn't wish to see assault rifles in the hands of madmen, children, nor mass school shootings on the news every other day.

Out of all the things that are impossible in this world changing your constitution simply is not one of them if it is the will of the people to do so.

What’s an assault rifle?

I think that's when you use a black colored rifle like a baseball bat to assault someone.

Nobody really knows.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

If you change those words, you have nullified the 2a. You cannot amend the words without limiting the amendment. And as such, you create a logical fallacy. Either the 2a is nullified, or the amendment to change it is invalid.

The two are mutually exclusive and cannot exist at the same time.

Let me explain something here: the bill of rights does not grant the government ANY power. It limits their power.

You’re quick to admit that you have no understanding of the constitution or constitutional law, yet your relentlessly advocating to change it.

Perhaps you ought to study the document before trying to change it.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

What’s an assault rifle?

I think that's when you use a black colored rifle like a baseball bat to assault someone.

Nobody really knows.

I thought it was when you grabbed a rifle’s ass.

Going to wait for a definition though. Lots of smart liberals out there.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What’s an assault rifle?

An assault rifle, by definition, must be capable of a minimum of 3 shots bursts.

As anyone with any topic on the subject knows, they aren’t available without a pretty high level of licensing.

These people are very confused as to what they’re against.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

You want to take all the guns.

Just from the hands of your children and mentally unstable.

Ok go for it. What’s your body count you are willing to stomach for that. Hint, it’s a lot higher than 19.

Sounds threatening to me, try and stay on the reality page and let's keep the debate and discussion sensible, im not coming to hurt you nor take anything away.

It’s in the millions. Willing to do that?

Willing to do what?

Or should we lock up dangerous people with psychological problems while hardening targets and setting up a system of teachers, volunteers, military and police to be armed and stop these people?

You should lock them up if they are violent, that simply goes without saying.

Your schools should not be targets, hard, soft, or of any other sort.

You want to arm the teachers now? I thought they were all crazy bastards teaching your kids critical race theory, and how to be gay, and now you want to give them guns?

That's a bit of a flip flop is it not which could present a multitude of problems all on it own.

My thinking being, i had some crazy teachers myself, probably best to keep the guns out there hands as well as the kids and other nut jobs to be honest.
edit on 26-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Bloody well dangerous by my estimation.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Perhaps you ought to keep guns out of the hands of children and crazy people and there would be no need to change your beloved 2a.

That might work.

Accept thus far its not working.

Its a document mate, a piece of paper, that can be changed, and has been charged in the past.

Nothing "impossible" about change, you could do it with Tipp-Ex and ballpoint Biro needs must as long as it was the will of the people.

And fact is change is pretty much guaranteed to happen as life is change.

Never going to convince you all the same, just as you are never going to convince me you cant amend the second amendment.
edit on 26-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Perhaps we should investigate what makes children grow into monsters.
Stop it at the root......

"Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man."

A mother of two little boys recently told me she bought a book titled....How to Sop Losing your # with your Kids.

edit on 26-5-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Perhaps you ought to keep guns out of the hands of children and crazy people and there would be no need to change your beloved 2a.

That might work.

Its a document mate, a piece of paper, that can be changed, and has been charged in the past.

Nothing "impossible" about change, you could do it with Tipp-Ex and ballpoint Biro needs must as long as it was the will of the people.

Never going to convince you all the same, just as you are never going to convince me you cant amend the second amendment.

My guns are locked away in a biometric safe, with trigger guards as well. No one is getting their hands on them if I don’t want them to. Stop with the “you” nonsense.

You’re speaking from emotion. That’ll get you no where.

You also still seem to be missing the point. Agin, the constitution CAN be amended. You are simply ignorant as to how and why that can happen.

That you can’t be convinced that legal wording matters is the point. You want an emotional response to a legal problem.

Thing is, you openly admit that you aren’t educated on the constitution. How can you pretend to speak and be taken seriously while openly admitting that you are ignorant of that which you speak?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Bloody well dangerous by my estimation.

So anything that is dangerous is an assault rifle. Sure you want to defend that hill?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.

Aye all right Aristotle but in this day of age that kind of sounds rather beasty in spades. LoL

Joking aside Itisnowagain, you have a point.

Won't stop or remove the crazies already in the pipeline all the same nor present any definitive answer that stops all these mass shootings in their tracks.

But some proper gun control law might.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That might work.

Come and change my piece of paper “mate”. Back to you concentration camps now, mate. Arrest people on Facebook,mate. Bring your nazi ways to the states mate and we have something for you mate.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

My guns are locked away in a biometric safe, with trigger guards as well. No one is getting their hands on them if I don’t want them to. Stop with the “you” nonsense.

I did not mean you personally NoMoreFools.

You also still seem to be missing the point. Agin, the constitution CAN be amended. You are simply ignorant as to how and why that can happen.

That you can’t be convinced that legal wording matters is the point. You want an emotional response to a legal problem.

Thing is, you openly admit that you aren’t educated on the constitution. How can you pretend to speak and be taken seriously while openly admitting that you are ignorant of that which you speak?

I'm educated enough to know that democracy and the will of the people is what counts and not antiquated pieces of paper that can be changed or amended on the will of those very same people.

By my estimation mass school shooting are rather ignorant, especially when they could have been prevented.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Come and change my piece of paper “mate”.

No thats your job.....mate.

Back to you concentration camps now, mate. Arrest people on Facebook,mate. Bring your nazi ways to the states mate and we have something for you mate.

Im not a Nazi any more than i am a communist.

As to Nazi ways in the states, yes you have that neo-nazi problem also, same as my own nation a quite a few others, so there is that......mate.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
In this order.

1 graduate high school.

2. Get a job.

3. Don’t have children unless you are married and when you are married stay married and raise those children together in the same house with you spouse.

4. Rinse and repeat with your children.

99.9 percent of all problems not just mass shooters will be taken care of.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Not in the slightest.

But an assault rifle is indeed very dangerous.

And they are using them to slaughter children not defend hills.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Come and change my piece of paper “mate”.

No thats your job.....mate.

Back to you concentration camps now, mate. Arrest people on Facebook,mate. Bring your nazi ways to the states mate and we have something for you mate.

Im not a Nazi any more than i am a communist.

As to Nazi ways in the states, yes you have that neo-nazi problem also, same as my own nation a quite a few others, so there is that......mate.

If it’s not your business then shut up and stay out of my business.

You are practicing nazi ways and you don’t even realize that. It’s a shame mate. One day we will have to come save your sorry buts again.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I did not mean you personally NoMoreFools.

I'm educated enough to know that democracy and the will of the people is what counts and not antiquated pieces of paper that can be changed or amended on the will of those very same people.

By my estimation mass school shooting are rather ignorant, especially when they could have been prevented.

study the document. Then come back. You have openly admitted and demonstrated that you have no understanding of the U.S. Constitution.

Your opinion simply does not hold water while openly admitting that you don’t know the topic at hand.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Not in the slightest.

But an assault rifle is indeed very dangerous.

And they are using them to slaughter children not defend hills.

What’s an assault rifle? So we all know what we are banning.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join