It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a terrible day - 21 dead most are children

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

good intentions but aimed at wrong focus my friend

the texting the shooter did on a social-media platform....immediately targeted any elementary school in the vicinity

why ---- because the 'school zones' in the USA are No Gun Zones meaning he wanted to do harm to innocents... like shooting fish-in-a-barrel
...he was sure to kill a massacre before the police would confront him, that satisifiied his demonic need

he only got 19 kids & 2 teachers with his sophisticated weapons...

.perhaps the death toll might have only been 10 using a bolt action weapon---- is that the Logic ?

get rid of gun-free-zones instantly !
edit on th31165357724926002022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Same answer.

Many governments have changed their constitution since June 21, 1788, some of them multiple times. Most of them still don't have anything like number 1.

Number 1 was considered EXTREMELY radical by every other country at the time, and still is in many.

Looking at you russia and ccp, but it applies to MANY countries.

Number 2 was created as the 2nd, to protect that 1st, and as previously stated by someone else, added 'Shall Not Be Infringed'.

It's clear from their surviving correspondence that they knew exactly what they were doing in 1788, that the reason for it was as described above, and they have been repeatedly proven to be accurate in their fears in the time since then.

No government on the planet, including ours, likes our 1st, the 2nd is the only reason we still have it.

Until number 1 is no longer considered radical by anyone, number 2 is absolutely required to keep that 1st, frequently demonstrated by how hard we have to fight to protect that 1st even today.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

perhaps the death toll might have only been 10 using a bolt action weapon---- is that the Logic ?

Might not have been any if he did not have a gun in the first place is my logic St Udio.

edit on 26-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Get rid of those idiotic gun free zones and watch what happens.

Mass school shootings of the type we've experiencing since the 90s were EXTREMELY rare before that lunacy, before that 'school shooting' usually meant one idiot shooting one other idiot that he had a beef with, not shooting up whole schools.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: NoMoreFools

My understanding, which granted is limited, is since 1789 your Constitution has been amended 27 times.

I fail to understand why it cannot be amended just like any other if your nation were inclined to do so?

What's wrong with dismantling it and putting back together so as to be in line and relevant regarding restrictions where the weaponry available in this day of age is concerned?

Im thinking the people who wrote said bill of rights and constitution never envisaged the likes of the ArmaLite AR-15, or any other modern-day rifles
in the hands of lunatics or children hell-bent on a killing spree to be honest.

You’re missing the point. How can you amend something which explicitly states that it “shall not be infringed”? It logically can not happen.

On top of that, no amendment, which the 2a is one, has ever been amended. Only one has ever been repealed, and that was because it limited the rights of the people, and not the government.

The constitution can be amended. This is fact. However, your understanding of how and why it can be amended is very lacking.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Apparently, the first school shooting reported in the US was in the 17th century.

They sure ain't extremely rare in this day of age all the same, and if anything the frequency of such seems to be increasing.

But granted that's just my opinion on the matter from the outside looking in PatriotGames4u.

Plenty of crap wrong with the laws our side of the pond, take our draconian stance where Weed is concerned for one.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Did you miss the description of 'shooting' that was used?

The sudden change was the psycho cowards shooting as many random humans as possible in school shootings, nearly all of the previous incidents were more like one on one beefs.

While the older incidents are still horrible of course, they absolutely pale in comparison to what started in the 90s.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You’re missing the point.

Apparently so.

The constitution can be amended. This is fact. However, your understanding of how and why it can be amended is very lacking.

Nike's iconic "Just Do It" slogan springs to mind.

Might seem lacking but it makes sense where the likes preventing the death of kids, the ArmaLite AR-15, and whack jobs are concerned.

Just my opinion all the same.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You’re missing the point.

Apparently so.

Nike's iconic "Just Do It" slogan springs to mind.

Might seem lacking but it makes sense where the likes preventing the death of kids, the ArmaLite AR-15, and whack jobs are concerned.

Just my opinion all the same.

The point is still lost with you. And that’s sad. Because I’ve seen you post. You’re a smart, logical person.

Read the 2a. Really study the words. Maybe then, you’ll get your answer. Because right now, what you are suggesting, is literally impossible by every measure of logic.
edit on 26-5-2022 by NoMoreFools because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The point is not lost NoMoreFools.

But change needs to happen regarding nut job kids(call him an adult at 18 if you wish but still a boy in my book)that manage to lose the plot and go on killing sprees.

As to the wording of the 2a, ile take your word for it.

What's also literally impossible is for these school shootings to be allowed to continue, because no other first-world nation on Earth share the same to a similar dilemma where mass murder and guns are concerned bar America.

And that's shameful because you are better than that imho.

I need to go pick up my own two kids now, so need to catch up later.

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

But change needs to happen regarding nut job kids(call him an adult at 18 if you wish but still a boy in my book)that manage to lose the plot and go on killing sprees.

What's also literally impossible is for these school shootings to be allowed to continue, because no other first-world nation on Earth share the same to a similar dilemma where mass murder and guns are concerned bar America.

Have a nice day.

Yes. Something needs to change. But burning the bill of rights to do it is not the way.

There is an awful lot wrong with America, and the world, right now. We can’t solve it with emotion. Logic must prevail.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

On top of that, no amendment, which the 2a is one, has ever been amended.

Doesn't mean to say that it either shouldn't be or couldn't be.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Nope at some point an illegal alien had a baby and raised without two parents because communist like you believed it takes a village.

What a load of twaddle and i hate to break it to you but I'm not a communist. LoL

The problem is self-evident guns in the hands of maniacs.

So lock the maniacs up.

Problem solved. Glad we agree.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoMoreFools

Have a nice day.

Yes. Something needs to change. But burning the bill of rights to do it is not the way.

There is an awful lot wrong with America, and the world, right now. We can’t solve it with emotion. Logic must prevail.

Exactly.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

On top of that, no amendment, which the 2a is one, has ever been amended.

Doesn't mean to say that it either shouldn't be or couldn't be.

Once again, it CANT be. Any amendment which limits the second is either null on arrival, or completely nullifies the 2a.

Those are literally the ONLY two options. Again, legal wording matters.

If you’re going to die on the hill of “repeal the 2a”, have fun. You’re fighting a losing battle.
edit on 26-5-2022 by NoMoreFools because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I remember a spate of shootings in Court Houses, in the late 70's, early 80's... I don't recall a lot of them in current times. All Court Houses in the entire country seem to be reasonably secure. Maybe we should defend our schools with the same techniques. Maybe 👍

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Logically amending something is not burning it.

But.

Glad we agree on the change part, bill of rights or otherwise.

On the move now so illegal and all that jazz. LoL

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

But.

Go read the amendment. Read the words. Tel me how you amend something which specifically states “shall not be infringed”.

Come on. Explain it.

You can’t. Because it is logically impossible.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Change the words and replace the "shall not be infringed" with "Has been amended to be in line with today's world" springs to mind.

But hey I'm not a lawyer nor understand the totality of constitutional law.

Just a pleb that doesn't wish to see assault rifles in the hands of madmen, children, nor mass school shootings on the news every other day.

Out of all the things that are impossible in this world changing your constitution simply is not one of them if it is the will of the people to do so.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

But.

You want to take all the guns. Ok go for it. What’s your body count you are willing to stomach for that. Hint, it’s a lot higher than 19.

It’s in the millions. Willing to do that? Or should we lock up dangerous people with psychological problems while hardening targets and setting up a system of teachers, volunteers, military and police to be armed and stop these people?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join