It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Even worse, this makeup almost guarantees that much, sometimes most, of each BTG is pretty useless in any given engagement.

Plus the fact that concentrating artillery and air defense fire would require coordination by multiple BTG commanders, and at the moment, without much in the way of operable communication gear.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

They seem to be using poor substitutes for basic capabilities (unsecured cell phones versus tactical radio networks, and drones versus patrolling and reconnaissance).

Cheers

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

In summary, a BTG is not a maneuver formation in the traditional sense; it will not close with its enemy to destroy them through firepower and maneuver. Instead, it is an asset provider to relatively static paramilitary units who, in turn, act as a guard force for the BTG and deny adversary personnel access to the geographic areas the BTG is assigned to control. However, the BTG is capable of extremely lethal strikes against its adversary and will execute those strikes whenever both assurance of success is high and the risk to BTG personnel and equipment is low. With that in mind, U.S. BCTs should employ tactics that make one or both of those criteria uncertain at best.

Full article (PDF download)

How the Russian Army is light on NCOs and lack of initiative contributes to their inability to conduct house to house fighting in urban areas. On paper, infantry and tanks are either part of a mobile combined arms formations or defending the equivalent of firebases. But Russian Battalion Tactical Groups rely on static sources of firepower to annihilate the enemy.

However, as the Americans found out in Vietnam, lightly equipped forces can evade or go underground in the face of such measures. So if a Western Front style stalemate develops in Ukraine, Russia's advantages in firepower will be further eroded by trenches and tunnel systems.

Moreover, their past reliance on warlords and paramilitary types suggest that Putin might have expected a Ukrainian uprising to occur in favour of Russia. Instead, Russian forces came unglued when the locals didn't welcome the invaders. The North Vietnamese made a similar miscalculation before the Tet Offensive in 1968.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: paraphi

Random's last video had short drone footage of exactly that.

There is no doubt anymore, russia indiscriminately destroyed some entire cities for no apparent reason, and treated civilians horribly in some occupied areas, the only thing I don't know yet is the number of places where this occured.

I describe "butcher" Putin's terroristic attacks on Ukrainian civilians and infrastructure in Ukraine, as a form of "biological extermination"...so to speak.
edit on 2-4-2022 by Erno86 because: deleted an added a word

edit on 2-4-2022 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Mariupol maternity hospital bombing was a false flag. Not even the young mother they took photos of and was in the media around the world believes Russia bombed them.

link

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Energoatom claimed the pullout happened after soldiers received "significant doses" of radiation from digging trenches in the forest in the exclusion zone around the closed plant.

Energoatom is the Ukrainian company that runs Cherynobol, they confirm both that the russians have left, and the radiation exposure problems they had.

Not much else in the link though.

www.foxnews.com...

Not only did the Russkies' receive high radiation doses from digging trenches...but it is also reported that the heavy Russian combat vehicles, stirred-up radiation dust from the roads and the surrounding countryside around Chernobyl.
edit on 2-4-2022 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 2-4-2022 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 2-4-2022 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Whats more worrying for them is that all those vehicles are probably HOT as hell right now and even when they leave the area it would probably not be safe to sit in them.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The Mariupol maternity hospital bombing was a false flag. Not even the young mother they took photos of and was in the media around the world believes Russia bombed them.

link

That isn't the woman from the bombings her injuries would not have healed in 2 weeks with no scars etc.

There is also no denying it bombed was we have pictures of it.
www.cnn.com...

And the funniest part of your video is they argue that Russians use precision bombing so wouldn't miss previous times. That's just silly Russian troops ran out of precision bombs after the first week they have gone to dropping all that old soviet ordinance and I'm waiting for barrel bombes like they did in Syria

Now if you ask me I don't think they intended to hit the hospital they are just randomly shelling the cities at this point trying to scare the civilian populations. Where Russia messed up is they should have made this area off-limits to shelling which obviously they did not.

However others claim it was ordered this may be true no way to tell.

www.thesun.ie...

edit on 4/2/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/2/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: putnam6

Dont be gaslit by clowns.

It is a big deal and the US political critters are not going to miss out on this crisis.....that they were intsrumental in creating.

Didn't register with me who it was, LOL?

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The Mariupol maternity hospital bombing was a false flag.

Yes, of course it was a false flag, you watched a Youtube vid about it.

Russia would never purposefully target and destroy civilian populations with their dumb bombs, cluster munitions and artillery. The Russian army and air force sent flowers to Grozny, Aleppo and Mariupol, and a hundred other towns and villages. It was other people who blew these places up. These pesky Ukrainian Nazis would shoot each other until they were extinct, had the Russians not intervened.

In the real world, Russia invests quite a lot in propaganda. Some people cannot get enough of it.

Russia, bringer of peace and flower-arranging to the world for one hundred years.
edit on 2/4/2022 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

A false flag for what?! So that Russia would not stop invading Ukraine? Let me guess though, something something MIC, right? All of Ukraine's holdings total to about $29 billion.... total. Their national holding wouldn't even make a dent in the "MIC"'s collective net holdings, even if they were part of some "world dominance by MIC net expenditures" conspiracy.

Not even the young mother they took photos of and was in the media around the world believes Russia bombed them.

Ok well, people say lots of things. My understanding though, was that the media spun images were not even of the same person in side-by-side comparisons. Did i get that wrong? But hell, like i said, people say lots of things.
edit on 2-4-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The French PM was going ape # trying to get a "humanitarian" helicopter flight into southern Ukraine to rescue persons. It apparently didn't go well and the russians most likely have whoever the french had there.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The motto is "Deny Ignorance" not "Deny Evidence" just in case you have forgotten.

The girl from the bombing was identified in the first week, she is a little famous because she is an actress/model. That is what had a lot of people thinking the bombing was staged in the beginning. Aside from that, her injuries were scratches.

Maybe you need glasses but I made this so you wouldn't need to jump back and forth on the video.

If you had done an ounce of searching before jumping straight to denial you would find the info in the video is already circulating. This site has really fallen.

As for the bombing. no one is denying there was a bombing. We are saying either Azov or their allies are the ones who did it.

I am thinking they used some spare sea mines instead of wasting hundreds of pounds of explosives. They certainly had some. These pics are from the city center.

The video at the end is from a precision bomb from a recent operation. I have half a dozen or more precision strikes downloaded on video from just this week. Wherever you are getting your info that they ran out of precision bombs I don't know, but they are stupid or liars. lol

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Totally.

I liked all the crises actors, they should give them Will Smith's Academy Award for making me believe they actually got blown up.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A few days old, but a very good video on what has happened and why Russia is doing so badly:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Ah right well if "Bitchute" says so it must be kosha and on the level.

What's next Grimpachi "beforeitsnews.com"?

Russia's game in Ukraine is plain as day!

They have been telling lies about the whole entire affair since before their harmless ""military exercise"" became all out invasion, or as Vladimir likes to put it a ""Special military operation"" and repeatedly no less.

Put it this way that maternity hospital sure is not the only place Russia has bombed.

As to the false flag nonsense, well it sure as hell is not a false war, which is as plain as the nose on your face.
edit on 2-4-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I guess you missed my last reply to you so here is the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I could use a reply to that post because with one answer we can keep conversing. The other I will just ignore you. But, I will answer this one question until then.

A false flag for what?! So that Russia would not stop invading Ukraine? Let me guess though, something something MIC, right?

First, let's reaffirm what a false flag covers so we have the same understanding.

A false flag operation is an act committed with the intent of disguising the actual source of responsibility and pinning blame on another party.

The term "false flag" originated in the 16th century as a purely figurative expression to mean "a deliberate misrepresentation of someone's affiliation or motives".

The term today extends to include countries that organize attacks on themselves and make the attacks appear to be by enemy nations or terrorists, thus giving the nation that was supposedly attacked a pretext for domestic repression and foreign military aggression.

Similarly deceptive activities carried out during peacetime by individuals or nongovernmental organizations have been called false flag operations, but the more common legal term is a"frameup", "stitch up", or"setup".

Attacks on themselves and make the attacks appear to be by enemy nations. CHECK

Giving the nation that was supposedly attacked a pretext for domestic repression and foreign military aggression.
This is where the twist is because they did not need a reason for war. What they needed and still need is for NATO to join the war.

What did the bombing accomplish? I will tell you. It outraged a good portion of the NPC populaces of the world. It had them screaming for NATO to join in and help defeat those "despicable rotten Russians!" lol Even now they cry out to "join the war," send "more weapons," give them whatever they need and the funniest one is "turn off the gas to punish Russia!" As gas prices keep going up.

What did it accomplish for the Russians? You may say strike fear but that would mean you think they are fools. They are not waging a US war of shock and awe as we do. They certainly could but they are not as evidence of their actions. Why would they break from their methods for that one hospital?

The answer is they wouldn't. I am sure some of their soldiers even heard about it which would have a demoralizing effect. That is another plus reason for Azov to do it. Just as a byproduct. It would sow seeds of doubt.

I am sure there were strategists and analysts in each NATO nation that went over the evidence and came to the same conclusion that this was staged. I am sure they informed their leaders, but those leaders are not going to suddenly itell the public of their findings. A good portion of the people would call them liars and those that believe it would call for an end to NATO weapons support. That would be a lose-lose for them because they want the war to continue. At the very least they want Russia to lose.
It may be that NATO nations are happy with the result because they are now facing little to no pushback from the populace by sending billions of dollars worth of weapons. And yes, as a byproduct I am sure the MIC I happy.

Maybe if I called the MIC a multi-billion dollar industry made up of several corporations with hundreds of high paid lobbyists and divisions of their industry stretched all across the nation to provide the jobs in senators and congressmen's areas people wouldn't scoff at the acronym. I could call it the defense industry but when was the last time that industry was used to actually defend the US? Nah, MIC is better.

Also, let me remind you of what Oleksiy Arestovych, Zelensky's advisor and self-proclaimed military strategist just said in a release to the public of Kyiv.

" It makes little sense for Russia to waste missiles that cost millions of dollars, to drop it on some UkranianMP or journalist. Even if they fire, they will fire on military targets and infrastructure."

"I mean that there is no reason to panic, the only danger is a misfire, or if intercepted by missile defenses, and the remains fall on a residential area."

Of course, he said that to keep the meat shields from leaving Kyiv but the reasoning is sound and it certainly applies to a maternity hospital.

So now that I explained why it is a false flag and the benefits it has brought. I have to wonder why I needed to explain that here of all places.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ah right well if "Bitchute" says so it must be kosha and on the level.

The genetic fallacy (also known as the fallacy of origins or fallacy of virtue) is a fallacy of irrelevance that is based solely on someone's or something's history, origin, or source rather than its current meaning or context. This overlooks any difference to be found in the present situation, typically transferring the positive or negative esteem from the earlier context. In other words, a claim is ignored in favor of attacking or championing its source.

The fallacy, therefore, fails to assess the claim on its merit. The first criterion of a good argument is that the premises must have bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim in question. Genetic accounts of an issue may be true, and they may help illuminate the reasons why the issue has assumed its present form, but they are not conclusive in determining its merits

I wonder why you are here? I am guessing at one point you had a questioning mind and were looking for a place to delve deeper into subjects and didn't trust the media available. You have obviously lost that edge. If you want filtered, preapproved information that follows the current narrative there is Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube now.

All those sites will censor other opinions and information for you. Bichute does have some crazy off-the-wall stuff, but it is one of only three social network platforms I know of that doesn't censor information that goes against the narrative.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

"I wonder why you are here?"

That's rather an expansive question to ponder Grimpachi.

Possibly best to stick to the subject at hand all the same.

That being Russia's war in Ukraine instead of your mad sad personal assessment regarding other members reason for being.

At least ive not lost my mind mate, never mind "edge", put it that way.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join