It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Grimpachi

Using that tired old excuse are we? No one is supporting the Nazi thing was started by Putin to gain support for the war. People outside of Russia do not truly understand the Russian mindset. For them defeating the NAZIS was a very big deal Stalin was careful on what he called world war 2. So for Russians, it was the Great Patriotic War, This is still celebrated throughout Russia and is used to promote nationalism or in this case the killing of your neighbors.

People tend to forget that Stalin was an ALLY OF the Nazis, and only ended up fighting them in self-defense when Hitler turned on him. Stalin was perfectly happy with Nazi ideology and what the Nazis were doing to the world. Stalin was busy doing the same thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

That's why it's like history repeating in reverse.

And just like Adolf Axis troops, Putin's are apt to die, surrounded, and in the snow and rubble of there own creation.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In the news the past couple of day is that Russian troops have been ousted from or have left the Kyiv region.

While many view this as cause for celebration, it worries me that something worse may be in store.

(Not that Putin actually gives a rat's ass about the people in his military.)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

I'm sure he gives a "rat's ass".

Especially when they are losing.

Not about them all the same, they are just pieces on the board.

Pawns to be sacrificed at will, with no real thought to there personal feelings or opinion.
edit on 2-4-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ask the good people of Mariupol whether they think that the Russians are taking due care of civillians with their levelling of the city. reply to: JAY1980

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

8 years of war killing over 15,000 is not peaceful.

Peaceful nations don't do this to their neighbor. ( h ttps://files.catbox.moe/adbikf.mp4) remove the space in the link) They don't talk about exterminating an entire section of the population because they are deemed superfluous on their national TV. ( h ttps://files.catbox.moe/vnv1mm.mp4 )
They don't shoot people for trying to vote. ( h ttps://files.catbox.moe/uvsg3z.mp4 )
They don't purposely aim at civilian targets. ( h ttps://files.catbox.moe/thgbj4.mp4
h ttps://files.catbox.moe/w3kdph.mp4
h ttps://files.catbox.moe/68c5ws.mp4

What they were is like the US. Their citizens enjoyed a peaceful life as their country waged war.

FYI those videos are from before the invasion.

Anybody who calls them peaceful after watching those is either a fool or a clown IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I meant he doesn't give a rat's ass if Russians are killed as a result of his decision on that worse fate for Kyiv. I just have a bad feeling.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Pawns to be sacrificed at will, with no real thought to there personal feelings or opinion.

How is this different from any other govts attitide toward sending generations into war?

Yours, mine, theirs. No difference.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Truth. Every war since WWII. Eisenhower called it.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

I meant he doesn't give a rat's ass if Russians are killed as a result of his decision on that worse fate for Kyiv. I just have a bad feeling.

I dont think russia actually wants kyiv. Yes thats a copout statement but hear me out.

They already have Crimea. They control the east with Mariupol still being actively contested to the south. Since the very beginning to now.

My opinion is that putin wants to control the east land bridge down to Crimea.

Everything else is dispersment of resources and bargaining chips.

Question for the thread: how goes odessa?

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Different from Ukraine's perspective given they are fighting for there freedom and very survival.

Nobody has managed to invade our respective nations in the same to similar manner nor is lightly to have the capability anytime soon.

I suggest there is quite the difference.

Personally i would not go fight for the bankers at all, but i would stand up to defend my own nation and land, same as the Ukrainians are doing, and rather well at that.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Which Ukraine exactly?

Civil conflict has been a thing there for a very long time while those bankers you mentioned have profitted from both sides.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Yes, Crimea and Mariupol are crucial for them to gain access to the port and sea. Kyiv only in the sense that it is the seat of the government, and they want a regime change there at any cost because the current regime will fight them at every turn and has even turned some of the separatists.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I guess those bankers must have bribed Putin, because he really boosted this war to the next level

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The ukraine which illegally over threw its government to replace it with a bunch of nationalists and nazis? I mean if its illegal for donetsk and lughansk it has to be illegal for maiden right? At least the separatists voted...well tried to between all the people who came down to intimidate and kill them for trying to even hold the vote.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

A bad "Chemical Attack" sort of feeling?

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I dont disagree necessarily but a few points.

Russia didnt need to take kyiv to take crimea
Russia didnt need to take kyiv to fuel civil conflict in the east.

That doesnt really mean much on the world stage but you see the implications, yea?

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The one that Russia is ponding into the ground springs to mind.

Same place Russia is targeting cities with men woman and children with cruise missile, cluster munition, and thermobaric rocket attack.

That place.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

I guess those bankers must have bribed Putin, because he really boosted this war to the next level

Lets look at the ruble.

No bribes needed. Markets did all the work.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join