It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   
* - Kramatorsk(10:47). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Sumska Oblast, Kyiv Oblast(10:43). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Chernihivska Oblast, Kirovohradska Oblast, Kryvyi Rih(10:41). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zhytomyr, Zhytomyrska Oblast, Cherkaska Oblast, Poltavska Oblast(10:40). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast(10:39). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Vinnytska Oblast, Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast, Zaporizka Oblast(10:39). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv(10:38). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - This event is known propaganda, displayed for awareness
Secretary of security council of Belarus warns of provocations from Ukraine to get Belarus involved in the war

* - Explosions audible in Odesa

* - Bridge with Russian vehicles was blown up near Izyum

* - Donetsk Oblast(08:38). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kramatorsk(08:31). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(08:30). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Pokrovsk(05:34). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Bakhmut(05:24). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kramatorsk(05:19). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Poltava(05:18). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(05:16). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zaporizka Oblast, Kryvyi Rih, Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast(05:15). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Ministry of Defense of Russia: As a result of a fire on the missile cruiser Moskva, the ammunition detonated, the ship was seriously damaged. The crew was completely evacuated, the causes of the fire are being established.

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(00:38). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Explosions at Kherson airport

* - The source is state-funded media. Please, be aware, do not rely on this source without proper objective analysis of facts to form a judgment.
Russian Ministry of Defense claims another strike at Dnipro airfield in the morning briefing

* - There will be no more trains from Sloviansk railway station starting today. In Donetsk region - only from Pokrovsk

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

edit on 14-4-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Flightradar24

* - JAKE11 - Boeing RC-135W Rivet Joint / USAF - Currently over Poland getting into position.
* - LAGR220 - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - On station east Romania
* - LAGR290 - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - On station north central Romania
* - R2791 - Sikorsky UH-60M Blackhawk / US Army - East Romania heading towards Ukraine border
* - SVF645 - Gulfstream IV / Swedish air force - Currently over Poland getting into position
* - DUKE49 - Sikorsky UH-60M Blackhawk / US Army - Southeast Poland near Ukraine border
* - RBP01 - Schiebel Camcopter S-100 (drone) / private owner - Black Sea off coast of Romania
* - NO CALLSIGN - Lockheed C-130B Hercules / Romanian air force - Over east / central Romania
* - DUKE42 - Sikorsky UH-60M Blackhawk / US Army - southeast Poland near Sokojow Malopolski
* - VM208 - Beech UC-12W Huron / USMC - Northeast of Warsaw heading North
* - ANKIN32 - Beech King Air 350ER / French air force - Patrolling Polish - Kaliningrad / Belarus / Ukraine border
* - YANK01 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - patrolling Lithuania
* - YANK02 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - also patrolling Lithuania
* - T15 - Pilatus PC-12 NG / Finnish air force - South of OULU
* - NO CALLSIGN - Tupolev Tu-154M / Russian navy - South of Moscow heading south
* - NO CALLSIGN - CASA C-295M / Polish air force - over Italy near Lagonegro

Does anyone use the flightradar info? If not I will drop the updates. Just let me know by either responding to my post here or drop me a PM.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The Black Sea and the Mediterranean are hazards for naval operations. The Black Sea's geography lends to the use of land-based anti-shipping missiles and torpedo/missile attack craft. Any navy that operates in those environments must accept the increased risk of wartime losses.

Based on the age of Moskva and the Royal Navy's experiences in the Falklands War, the possibility of out of control fire might have engulfed the vessel. Moreover, the ship's magazine exploding would have destroyed the ship catastrophically and speedily.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Understandable Russia wants an explanation other than Ukrainian missiles caused the damage. If Russia admits that then they are also admitting their missile defense systems did not work at all. Given Russia can not replace the ship with others outside of the Black Sea it places all Russian ships in danger now.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Understandable Russia wants an explanation other than Ukrainian missiles caused the damage.

I understand the Russian's rationale for their explanation, but it is ridiculous to consider the circumstances.

If Russia admits that then they are also admitting their missile defense systems did not work at all.

Initial reports indicate the vessels defences were diverted by drones, but it is very early to draw conclusions. Nevertheless, your point is valid, and I wonder if the Russian military's maintenance woes came into play.

Given Russia can not replace the ship with others outside of the Black Sea it places all Russian ships in danger now.

At best, the Russians are looking at 7 - 10 years of shipbuilding time to replace the ship.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
At best, the Russians are looking at 7 - 10 years of shipbuilding time to replace the ship.

Normally I would ask if it was worth it but in this case I will go with no.

Update -
Moskva Ship 'Finished' Says Former Navy Chief as Russia Suffers Huge Blow

Moscow has confirmed that Ukraine's armed forces have hit the Moskva, the flagship of Russia's Black Sea fleet, with a former U.S. navy chief tweeting that the missile cruiser is "finished."

Russia's defense ministry was quoted by Russian state media saying that the missile cruiser was crippled by a blast, as a fire caused ammunition on the ship to explode.

"As a result of a fire, ammunition detonated on the Moskva missile cruiser. The ship was seriously damaged," the Russian defense ministry said.

Former U.S. Navy Senior Chief Malcom Nance tweeted that the Moskva is "finished."

"Folks. As a expert in being attacked but surviving anti ship missiles (x3 times!) and damage from hitting a large anti ship sea mine...if you "Abandoned ship" your sinking & all efforts to save her are ended. That. Ship. Is. Finished," he wrote.

click link for article

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wouldn't read too much military into the sinking of the Moskva, for the Russian Navy's surface fleet is a flag-waving exercise. Nor is the strategic situation concerning Russia's attempts to blockade the Ukrainian coastline and capture the southern aspects of the country altered.

Frankly, the Russians are fortunate that the Ukrainian Navy doesn't have an array of fast attack craft in service. Historically, the invention of the torpedo ended the notion of close-in coastal blockades and allowed the smaller vessels to sink the capital ships of the day. So anti-shipping missiles are an extension of that historical development.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Good point.. I know the UK is supplying Ukraine with anti ship missiles (Harpoons iirc) as well as a ship (no idea what type/class it is).

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice that PBS American went on the blink for an hour last night during the airing of Putin's road to war?

Came back online for the next show. Wasn't just my end as i phoned around and asked if anyone else was having problems. Everyone had the same disrupted channel for an hour.

Why even advertise the show, Run it, then scramble the channel for a full hour. What was so sensitive they didn't want the world to see?.

Edit, I actually thought the show was called, Inside Putin's War, but the nearest i can find was Putin's road to War.

UK here, Shows and schedules may vary from continent to continent.

edit on 14-4-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Good point.. I know the UK is supplying Ukraine with anti ship missiles (Harpoons iirc) as well as a ship (no idea what type/class it is).

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Bridge with Russian vehicles was blown up near Izyum

Photos of the blown up bridge, including a close up of the explosives set in place before detonation.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Apparently the Ukes used drones to harass and distract the ship then hit it with a missile strike from other direction

The Russians made it easy following the same path to resupply the ship giving Ukes the opportunity to plan the attack

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Ha Yes
you have a good point, but Ben Wallace isn't from there and he's been 'visiting' Ukraine every year since 2014. Is it any wonder Russia has made its moves now.

Ben Wallace just can't help himself tread on Moscow's shoes by training up Ukraine for NATOfication and pressing British military hardware on them.

This whole war comes back to Ben Wallace interfering where it's non of his business or his corporate backers

So even RussianTroll admitted the war started in 2014, not 2022. Putin started his proxy war using alt right mercs then and has been bankrolling it this whole time. The blood of the last 8 years is still all on Putin. Crimea was easy and I guess he thought the main land would be the same, but it wasn't and now he basically said F it and invaded.

So what came first the Chicken or he Egg here. Since Russia kind of started it all off with Georgia in 2008. It is like a mirror image in what the Russians did and why they did it. A true rinse and repeat going on in Ukraine.

The "war started" in 1917 and has been pretty much constant since then in attempt to destroy Soviets / Russia any way possible through under mining them. We need peace in this world yet when capitalists use deceit and finance through to warfare attempting to take over the largest country on Earth why is this any surprise? Business is all about doing an Arnold Shwartsnegger mentality of I'm feeling Bigger Stronger and I can Definitely Feel it............... Human nature through capitalists to become the main player, the biggest business and Russia and its vast resources and immense potential have had Earthlings attempting to take it since the revolution.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that almost every single nation on this earth is ran by shysters, gangsters and extortionists of one form or another.....including Russia.

Nothing what you have said justifies in any way the invasion of Ukraine and all the subsequent death and destruction.

Totally kow weher you coming from there FB

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

This whole war comes back to

Allow me to finish that for you.

" . . . Putin's army invading Ukraine, triggering the first war in Europe north of the Alps since 1945. "

Everything else is rotten borscht being pushed by Moscow, which, for all the supposedly brilliant people there, can't grasp the meaning of the word 'sovereign' where it concerns other countries.

Cheers

Fair point yet you are from the west. You place yourself in a Russian pair of shoes. You have foreign bases all surrounding your nation, militaries planning to destroy your way of life, sanctions placed on your important industries, indeed you have been kept out of imporatnt Euro markets for decades through crzy tariffs, your near abroad / FSU has been stolen from you through devious wstern 'coloured revolutions' abd their leaders replaced by western educted 'locals' Saakashvili style.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is what this whole war comes down to

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
modernized 203 mm howitzers shooting in Karkiv area

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

You place yourself in a Russian pair of shoes. You have foreign bases all surrounding your nation

On the flip side, Russia has hundreds if not thousands of nuclear war heads aimed at ever European Capital and beyond.

Which is the lesser of the two evils ?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

You place yourself in a Russian pair of shoes. You have foreign bases all surrounding your nation

On the flip side, Russia has hundreds if not thousands of nuclear war heads aimed at ever European Capital and beyond.

Which is the lesser of the two evils ?

Err
and wouldn't you when standing in their shoes you lost 27,000,000 souls previusly to westerners inspired to destroy their nation through similar tac tics as now Ben wallace style funding and training destruction aimed at Moscow

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A little levity....

Some activist(s) projected an image of the Ukrainian flag on the Russian embassy in Washington DC. The Russians weren't having it, and they tried to wash the image out with a bright spotlight. That's when hilarity ensued in a "cat and mouse" game of catch the flag!

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's so goddamn funny.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join