It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 350
<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
If you're armed by NAT0, on the side of NAT0, hitting targets selected by NAT0, you might be 0TAN.

Are they armed by NATO, or some of the countries that belong to NATO?

Still waiting for evidence that these '5000 people' exist in the first place.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

a reply to: carport

It's about natural gas markets, at a minimum. Pretty obvious, if you follow the course of events.

edit on 10-10-2022 by FlyingFox because:

How is russia's invasion of Ukraine 'about the natural gas markets, other than russia using European dependence on russian gas as a weapon of war?

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Wars and rumors of war, through a fog of propaganda, with highly censored media. I find it very difficult to believe anything until I see it. Zelensky an actor and comedian who played the president becomes the President. A frontman who the missus thinks is a lovely guy. Putin, she can't stand. She knows nothing of the conflict or why it has come to this stage. This is the human condition because we have all had easy lives as armchair worriers. Only soldiers hate war. People just want to live in peace with a reasonable life, everyone can agree on what is fair, but if you are not getting the full facts to make an informed decision then we are in the dark as to the real reasons and motives which have generated this conflict. Innocent civilians are dying as collateral damage. So why has it come to this? Europe will freeze many will die because decisions above their pay grade are being made for them by people who won't be freezing or starving the winter out. # them all.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

"So why has it come to this?"

russia went on another land grabbing neighbor invasion.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Does it mean anything? Could it mean anything?

So China and India are asking for De-escalation. What do you think will be the future? I believe this is going to stop and stop soon. What does the US have to say about this?

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Islandparty

Does it mean anything? Could it mean anything?

So China and India are asking for De-escalation. What do you think will be the future? I believe this is going to stop and stop soon. What does the US have to say about this?

It depends, if they are calling for russia to leave Ukraine it's a good thing, if they are calling for Ukraine to surrender then it's just more of the same.

Can't really tell which one they are doing yet, but I haven't heard any direct calls from india or ccp for russians to go back to russia.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yea I just read the article and figured I would post. It doesn't say either really. Why I would ask. You guys and gals know more about what's going on.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I just don't see them running through the winter that is coming.. We've seen a lot of history on that.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

It's about natural gas markets, at a minimum. Pretty obvious, if you follow the course of events.

edit on 10-10-2022 by FlyingFox because:

The more that photo illustration gets around, the more eyes will be opened.

We are about to devote even more U.S. resources to Ukraine, at our expense.

Major missile defense system gift from Biden to Zelenskyy: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

You left out the fact that Russian weapons make up the largest supply of heavy weaponry for Ukraine.

Combined with weapons taken during Russia’s retreat from Kyiv and other parts of northern Ukraine in April, these recent gains have turned Moscow into by far the largest supplier of heavy weapons for Ukraine, well ahead of the U.S. or other allies in sheer numbers, according to open-source intelligence analysts

Ukraine’s New Offensive Is Fueled by Captured Russian Weapons

T he Wall Street Journal: Captured Russian weapons make up the largest supply of heavy weaponry for Ukraine

And West has not even send main battle tanks to Ukraine, but russia has....

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Islandparty

I just don't see them running through the winter that is coming.. We've seen a lot of history on that.

Much of that history is related to invaders underestimating the russian winters, it will be interesting to see what happens with winter in Ukraine - note that the current war zone is in the south of the country where the winters are (a little) less harsh.

It doesn't look like Ukraine intends to let the weather slow down it's efforts.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

To get a picture about how Russians think, you might watch this . It`s a lecture ,by Finnish ex Military intelligence colonel who specialized understanding Russia . It`s on Finnish but english subtitles can be used, also this webpage list some details from the video. The video is from 3.12.2018 so before this current war.

How Russians think, and why they do what they do

The Kremlin’s neurotic view of world affairs is based on their traditional and instinctive insecurity.

Russia is deaf to the logic of reason, but very sensitive to the logic of power.

George F Kennan, American diplomat and US Ambassador to Russia

edit on 11-10-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Martti J. Kari (b. 1960 Tampere ) is a Finnish former intelligence colonel and current working life professor of cyber security at the University of Jyväskylä , to which position he was appointed in August 2022, after previously serving as a classroom teacher.a reply to: Kenzo

So he has never seen a day of combat? Or am I wrong?

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

My take from the article is he is not ex military. But he is Colonel working in military intelligence which I'm sure he knows better than I. And don't mess with them Finns they will shoot ya from the mountains in the dead of snow.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Islandparty

Finland has not been officially in war since WW2 times .

wikipedia

Picture of him in uniform
edit on 11-10-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Simo Häyhä
December 17, 1905 – April 1, 2002Simo Hayha-S585X360-11707Nicknamed “The White Death”705 confirmed kills (505 with a rifle, 200 with a submachine gun)Häyhä was a Finnish soldier who, using an iron-sighted bolt action rifle, amassed the highest recorded confirmed kills as a sniper in any war—ever!!a reply to: Kenzo

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to:

Islandparty

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Belarus sending their tanks to Donbas, i guess Saint Javelin has more work then

Lukashenka have started handing over tanks from storage to Russia

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   

new topics

<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>