It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 351
<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yesterdays missile terror attacks by Russia seems to speed up sending air defense to Ukraine.

BREAKING: Germany will deliver the first of 4 IRIS-T SLM air defence systems to Ukraine "within days"

Germany to deliver air defence system to Ukraine within days -defence ministry

If i remember, one Iris battery has 24 missiles, so 4x24 is 96

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: carport

People just want to live in peace with a reasonable life, everyone can agree on what is fair, but if you are not getting the full facts to make an informed decision then we are in the dark as to the real reasons and motives which have generated this conflict. Innocent civilians are dying as collateral damage. So why has it come to this? Europe will freeze many will die because decisions above their pay grade are being made for them by people who won't be freezing or starving the winter out. # them all.

I am getting the full facts alright, probably a lot more than you are getting. By speaking to many ukrainian refugees face to face one gets also a very good idea of what is going on.

But we wouldn't have the discussion if there were not one country who invaded another and started - and continued - all this: Russia. Appeasement? Look at WW2 and see how good that went!

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

If they let the conscripts get to the front with their smart phones, the security slip-ups should be interesting.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: dragonridr

I would say this is a major escalation as Russian Missiles hit where 5000 NATO troops were housed ready for a push into Russian territory. They apparently are not hiding it anymore.

5,000?

5,000?

Entity: If NATO enters the conflict, it will be with a LOT more than 5,000 guys. NOBODY fights a war with Russia with 5,000 troops.

LOL

Cheers

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
10 October Update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces conducted massive, coordinated missile strikes on over 20 Ukrainian cities.

* President Vladimir Putin claimed that the coordinated missile strikes were in retaliation for the explosion on the Kerch Strait Bridge, likely in part to curry favor with “pro-war” factions.

* Russian and Belarusian ground forces remain unlikely to attack Ukraine from Belarusian territory to the north.

* Ukrainian forces have likely liberated over 200 square kilometers of territory in western Luhansk Oblast as of October 10.

* Russian forces continued unsuccessful attempts to regain recently lost territory in northwest Kherson Oblast while reinforcing nearby positions with damaged and hastily mobilized units.

* Russian forces continued ground attacks in Donetsk Oblast.

* Russian and occupation administration officials are setting conditions to move up to 40,000 residents out of Kherson Oblast to Russian-occupied Crimea and the Russian Federation.

* Russian forces cannot supply mobilized forces, likely due to years of supply theft by contract soldiers and commanders.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Even if the imaginary 5000 NATO troops actually existed in Ukraine, I highly doubt they would be camped out at the 2 facilities russia targeted there yesterday, a power plant and a museum.

russia's just making absurd stuff up again.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   

🕆 R.I.P. Frank Sutton, 1923-1974, veteran of the Pacific War.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Mr Marles said sending Australian personnel to train Ukrainian forces was under consideration, as was supplying extra weaponry to the nation.

"Training is one of the measures that is being looked at," he said.

"We will be working up further support for Ukraine and that's a conversation that we're having.

Story

IMO, Australia dispatching additional vehicles and equipment to Ukraine is the best option. Moreover, that option frees up Australian Army personnel for potential contingencies closer to home. Also, based on feedback from the Ukrainians, the Australian defence industry can update its products. For instance, will the Bushmaster vehicles under construction for the New Zealand Army face design changes based on that stream of information?

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   

edit on 11-10-2022 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ukrainian ex-ombudswoman admits she distributed fakes requested by intelligence

These and other details from Denisova became public due to the renowned prankers Vovan and Lexus who called her under the guise of US ex-ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul.

Denisova also said that these fakes about “atrocities” allegedly committed by the Russian Army were the key that opened for her the doors of the parliaments of a number of countries and that facilitated weapons supplies to Ukraine from these countries.

Follow The Money

edit on 10112022 by MetalThunder because: carpe F'N diem

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Russian Air Force strategic bomber control nets are still using a lot of High Frequency (Shortwave) to control their bombers during the air launched cruise missile attacks on Ukraine.

The major missile attack on Ukraine on the 10th October was no exception. I've been monitoring the Russian Air Force using HF for many decades and especially from the start of the invasion.

On the 10th October the Russian strategic bombers were using 6552 Kilohertz USB (Upper Side Band) for the control of the strategic bombers such as the Tu-95MS/MSM Bear H and the Tu-160 Blackjack. The Russians have been launching the air launched cruise missiles from many thousands of miles away deep inside Russian airspace.

Some examples from the 10th October as the Russian aircrew on the strategic bombers report their flight status back to the ground controllers. They used encoded radio charts and pass what is essentially brevity figure codes during the mission.

This one is interesting as the radio operator on the bomber is having difficutly with a faulty transmitter. The ground controller at the end informs him to use Sputnik (Satellite comms) to establish better communications)

For these recordings I was using a remote receiver in Ukraine.

Recording 1

The Russians have been using the same ground controller callsigns for decades. Bomber aircrew passing the encoded messages back to the female ground controller.

Female ground controller is callsign TABLICA and the aircraft use five figure callsigns.

Recording 2

Priyom monitoring website Russian Long Range Aviation callsigns and frequency table.

Recording 3

Longer recording. Ground controllers calling aircraft and aircraft passing their encoded figure radiograms during the mission

Recording 4

At one point they even activated the Strategic bomber Morse net due to communications difficulties. Ground Control attempted to contact one of the Tu-95 Bear H bombers using the Morse net. The Russians like to use old tried and tested methods and the Tu-95 Bear H still has the Morse key fitted.

See following link showing the Russian Tu-95 Bear H radio operators postion with the Morse Key in the corner. If you look closely the two radios have the summer main frequency for the voice net set as 8909 Kilohertz. See Priyom link posted earlier for the summer frequencies and note 8909 Kilohertz. Some of these frequencies have been in use since Soviet times.

On the 10th October during the mission. Ground controller callsign QZ6Y (See Pryiom website chart posted earlier) attempted to call an aircraft using Morse during the mission.

8162 and 5835 Kilohertz CW. V2IB DE QZ6Y K (At 0439 UTC/GMT)

Note the Morse key in the corner. The Russian military still quite a lot of Morse code. They like the tried and tested methods.

Russian Air Force Tu-95MS Bear H radio operators position image

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
An estimated 10,000 men per day are crossing into Georgia.

Those who have made the trip have spent days waiting in a queue to cross the border, all to avoid fighting on the battlefield in Ukraine. But is the influx causing unease with local Georgians?

With a troubled history going back to the 2008 Russo-Georgia war, some politicians are asking the government to end the open-door policy that allows Russians to stay in Georgia for up to a year without a visa.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't see the same rush from the west to offer asylum or aid for these people. Russian lives don't matter.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Really bad comparison. Those russians aren't fleeing an invading army, rather, they are fleeing responsibility.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

Really bad comparison. Those russians aren't fleeing an invading army, rather, they are fleeing responsibility.

They can't win, can they?. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

They are human beings avoiding conflict and persecution just like the fleeing Ukrainians, Syrians, Iraqis, Kurds, Afghanis, Eritreans, etc etc

Would you rather they stayed and got shoveled into the meat grinder or worse 10 years in a gulag?

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

They are human beings avoiding conflict and persecution just like the fleeing Ukrainians, Syrians, Iraqis, Kurds, Afghanis, Eritreans, etc etc

Would you rather they stayed and got shoveled into the meat grinder or worse 10 years in a gulag?

We'd rather they convinced their government to end it's land grabbing invasion of Ukraine.

But I for one and very happy that many of russia's neighbors are giving the russian escapees safe harbor outside of russia.

Elections have consequences, especially when electing a land grabbing madman for 20 years.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

We'd rather they convinced their government to end it's land grabbing invasion of Ukraine.

But I for one and very happy that many of russia's neighbors are giving the russian escapees safe harbor outside of russia.

Elections have consequences, especially when electing a land grabbing madman for 20 years.

Most of those fleeing are late teens or early 20's I hardly doubt they've voted for Putin. I hardly doubt anyone in Russia has voted for Putin. He doesn't seem the type to play by the rules of democracy.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I don't see the same rush from the west to offer asylum or aid for these people.

I don't know, maybe its because they are fleeing eastward away from 'The West'?
Maybe because those fleeing want to stay relatively close to Russia in the hope that sense will prevail shortly and they'll be able to return home free from any recrimination?

Russian lives don't matter.

Of course they matter; every life matters.

I agree.
I'm sure there aren't many on here who can understand and genuinely empathise with people in that situation.
Knowing if you stay you could be conscripted and forced to fight in a war you don't believe in and are not trained for without adequate food, clothing and weapons.
Knowing that if you show any dissention not only you but also your parents, wives, children etc are going to be 'Gulag'd', if not worse.

Not easy.

I think many of us all too often sit back in the comfort of our homes and moralise about the actions of others without giving serious consideration to the truly awful predicament they face.

top topics

<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join