It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 347
<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There was train infrastructure sabotage in Germany just after the bridge strike

Sabotage of transport in Germany: Govt says cables for trains were deliberately cut, stopped train traffic in the north today. Haven’t said anything about who could have done this.

Crimea bridge explosion happened at 6:07 reportedly. Communication system for German trains stopped at 6:40, Spiegel says. Germany says cables were deliberately cut as an act of sabotage (stopped train traffic in the north). NATO recently warned of need to protect infrastructure

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Nice of the Uks to arrange a fireworks display in honor of Putin's 70th birthday

Well done boys ........!!

I was laughing at how Ukraine loves trolling Putin.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Potential video of the truck claimed to be used in the attack. I have no idea if it or isn't but I thought it was important enough to post it, as that's the claim coming from some Russians.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I bet when he goes to light the candles on his birthday cake everyone else in the room makes their excuses and legs it....

That would be a PERFECT way to eliminate him. a cake bomb.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Dry run for more significant action if war breaks out.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
8 October Update

Key Takeaways

* A large-scale explosion seriously damaged the Kerch Strait Bridge that links occupied Crimea with Russia.

* The Kremlin named the Russian Commander of the Aerospace Forces, Army General Sergey Surovikin, the new commander of the Russian operation in Ukraine, and this appointment has generated positive feedback within the nationalist community.

* Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces continued counteroffensive operations in Kharkiv and Luhansk Oblasts.

* Russian forces continued establishing defensive positions in northern Kherson Oblast.

* Russian forces continued to attack settlements around Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and west of Donetsk City.

* Ukrainian forces reportedly continued to shoot down Iranian-made Shahed-136 drones.

* Russian federal subjects are facing financial challenges in funding mobilization.

* Russian and occupation administration officials continued measures to remove Ukrainian children from their homes in Russian-occupied territories.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Goebbels's ghost is evident in Russian propaganda. Goebbels called for the German public to donate clothing to the German Army fighting on the Russian Front. None of those clothing items made it to front-line units. If I recall correctly, Goebbels called for the German people to celebrate a Nazi ideological 1943 Christmas. Germany's deteriorating wartime outlook, including food and other shortages, worsened.

Perhaps the pace toward Putin's regime demise is accelerating. Putin might employ weapons of mass destruction in Ukraine to mirror the German's use of wonder weapons (V1 and V2 rockets).

Tweet

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   

That would be a PERFECT way to eliminate him. a cake bomb.
a reply to: yuppa

I dont know about thAt The CIA tried to whack Castro using an exploding cigar ........

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A pretty good video with actual footage of the start of the war and what actually happened. I can say one thing for sure, after following this conflict for as long as I have, the initial invasion and the Ukrainian response will be studied for decades. It was a super human effort on the Ukrainians part to push back the Russian army in the north. All that small unit training from NATO since '14 payed off.

The video also just cuts the dumb ass meme that the Russians didn't send their best in the initial invasion, as the clips of the VDV, 1st Guard Tanks and some of the other first line troops. The equipment shown also cuts the other dumb ass meme that they didn't send their best gear. Like the VDV are heading over the border in T-64's or 1st gen T-72's. It also, imo, anyway, totally #s on the notion that the northern invasion was a feignt or distractionary measure. If you still buy that, I have a bridge in Crimea to sell ya, slightly worn but still in great working condition.

One thing I don't like about the vid is that he doesn't mention the amount of aide given to the Ukrainians. Without the continuing aide, the Ukrainians, although probably able to put up a decent defence, would not have been able to go any sort of meaningful counter attack.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Putin has swapped out the General in charge of the Ukrainian war.

Russia Appoints General Sergey Surovikin, AKA ‘General Armageddon’ To Lead Its Forces In Ukraine

www.india.com...

Sounds like a real charmer.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Nice guy, by all accounts.....

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

They didnt use a big enough bomb.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

That's a great (better than great) video!

Your description is spot on!

edit on 9-10-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Calls for 'Info-Hygiene' (thats an interesting new name for it, i thought the term 'fake-news' was bad enough) no more 'freely' letting citizens get their info from 'the west' (kinda hypocritical of them given the measures they go to ensure the only info they get is from state sources)...

They admit putler is the supreme and core symbol of ruZZias identify, sad and strange way to think about your identity in my book, even America isnt its president or government, its identity as a place and people is detached from its government, but in ruZZia... its North Korean levels of delusion. They still love old cheeto too.

'its better to be feared than laughed at'

'Its time to start punishing, in the harshest of ways. Those who are weak get a beating'

rah rah rah, do as your told comrade and die for us when we tell you to die for us.

Honestly ruZZIa grow the # up, sincerely yours... the rest of the World.
edit on 9-10-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

The destruction of the bridge was a major hit on their psyche. They know they cant rely on the military to strike back so that leaves missile strikes. Speaking of missile strikes has anyone noticed the damage done to the bridge looks like the blast occurred below the bridge and not on it. I dont think it was a truck bomb as you can see the bridge was lifted off its pylons. this tells me missile below the road i think the russians are wrong i dont think the truck was the cause.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   

So they admit they wont be able to get the populace on their side in the territories they hold unless they can get in and start up the state propaganda at full crank 'everything will fall into place'... they arent even attempting (and havent for ages) to hide it.

Yet some people here still consider them the good guys?.. ruZZia is fighting for freedoms folks against the big bad shadows? really?

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

It sounds like a new front is opening up, the Ukraine has blown all the bridges to Belarus. Apparently, a lot of Polish fighters are helping out as mercenaries. It looks like Russia wants to change the Government in Ukraine. Which from the Russian point of view would be sensible. So we seem to have a proxy war with all of the West against Russia. At the end of this escalation, we might see more than the Ukrainian Government replaced.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Statement from Germany . That Maj. Gen. Carsten Breuer has maybe allready more detailed information about North Stream sabotage ...

Germany's military warns of potential attacks on critical infrastructure

A senior German military official has warned of further attacks on the country’s critical infrastructure, a day after train services were disrupted in what authorities said was an act of sabotage. Maj. Gen. Carsten Breuer, who leads the Territorial Operations Command, said Germany’s power plants and energy infrastructure could be potential targets of a foreign attack.

“Every transfer station, every power plant, every pipeline can be attacked, can be a possible target. We are particularly concerned about hybrid threats here. This is the state between no longer having real peace, nor is there real war yet,” Breuer told German daily Bild on Sunday.

The backdrop of the current situation is Russia’s war on Ukraine and the new security situation in Europe, according to the official. “Russia’s war has brought our focus back to national and collective defense. It has become clear to the whole country: War in Europe is possible again. This has consequences for every citizen,” he stressed. According to Breuer, foreign attacks and interference inside Germany could increase in the coming days.

“This is not about an enemy army with soldiers and tanks that attack our country, but it’s about interferences, with attacks on infrastructure and cyberattacks, or, for example, reconnaissance flights with drones over military barracks” Breuer said. “In other words, pinpricks to fuel insecurity within the population and shake confidence in our state. Security authorities will have to adapt themselves to this threat situation,” he added.

He warned against hysteria but called on German citizens “to change their individual behavior and mental mindset.” He advised people to be prepared for power blackouts and keep flashlights, radios, and enough batteries at home.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It isn't exactly new, much of russia's initial invasion force came through belarus, and russia has been massing troops in belarus again.

russians could always go back to russia if they don't like that Ukraine now has the means to defend itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join