It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 345
<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The road bridge is also missing spans!

Moar links:

liveuamap.com...

mobile.twitter.com...

www.reddit.com...

www.tellerreport.com...

www.reddit.com...

www.reddit.com...

edit on 7-10-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The cheese is on the floor, and now they are taking a big old dump on it... lets discuss murdering ruZZian opposition leaders hiding in other countries on state TV... and we're all satanists in the west now supposedly.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher
The bridge.

The bridge.

The bridge is on fire!

Kerch bridge is on fire!

It looks like at least a dozen spans are gone.

Enforcer has video.

Happened VERY recently.

ETA - First Reports:

novayagazeta.eu...

Pics:

freerepublic.com...

Large train with fuel, equipment & munitions is still burning out of control on what's left of the bridge!

Happy Birthday vlad!

😀

Yes, the greatest gift!
Barbecued Kerch.

This is a pretty major development.
No easy way in or out in the direction of Russia from Crimea now. This is the beginning of something else.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
"This is the beginning of something else"

Melitipol maybe?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   
YouTube

For anybody who might be interested, Zelenskyy's speech to the Lowy Institute in Australia. A brief Q&A session follows his presentation.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well, targetting the Kerch Bridge (aka the Crimea Bridge) was only a matter of time. Russia will take this as an attack on Russia itself, and it may result in an excuse to escalate.

Either way, this exacerbates Russian logistical challenges, IMHO. It also provides a psychological blow to all those people relying on uninterrupted supply.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 02:38 AM
link   
7 October Update

Key Takeaways

* Western and Russian reports of fractures within the Kremlin are gaining traction within the Russian information space, undermining the appearance of stability of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s regime.

* Russian President Vladimir Putin may have waited to announce that he had replaced Eastern Military District (EMD) Commander Aleksandr Chaiko until he needed to use Chaiko as a scapegoat for Russian military failures in Kharkiv Oblast and Lyman, Donetsk Oblast.

* Ukrainian forces likely continued counteroffensive operations along the Kreminna-Svatove road in western Luhansk Oblast.

* Russian forces continued to establish defensive positions in northern Kherson Oblast, and Ukrainian and Russian sources reported ongoing battles north and northwest of Kherson City.

* Russian forces continued ground attacks in Donetsk Oblast.

* Anecdotal reports of poor conditions for mobilized personnel in the Russian information space are continuing to fuel the accurate narrative of Kremlin and Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) incompetence.

* Russian officials offered basic concessions for mobilized men and their families on October 7 but continue to rely on local governments and other non-federal institutions to provide support, including food and training, to newly mobilized men.

* Russian occupation authorities in Donetsk Oblast are continuing to forcibly mobilize Ukrainian civilians, belying Russian claims that residents of newly-annexed territories will not be mobilized.

* Ukrainian officials in newly liberated Kharkiv Oblast continue to uncover Russian torture chambers and other human rights abuses.

* Russian occupation officials have likely failed to repair necessary civilian infrastructure in occupied and illegally-annexed parts of Ukraine in time for winter as temperatures drop.

More at URL above. Note the ISW summary in one day behind, thus no mention yet of the damage to the Kerch Straits Bridge.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It looks like one lane is totaled and the other seems open the train seems to be fuel or propane. www.bitchute.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

I expect Putin's propagandists will share the same fate as the regime they serve. If Russia slips into a second civil war, the oligarchs who supported Putin and the members of his propaganda machine are on the chopping block. Heck, those deranged people in the Russian media might experience an awful fate; they loudly advocated for Putin's detractors.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: paraphi

It looks like one lane is totaled and the other seems open the train seems to be fuel or propane. www.bitchute.com...

Hmmm...

It looks like the rail fuel depot and loading yard at Ilovaisk was destroyed by HIMARS exactly 6 hours prior to the bridge explosion.

Ilovaisk is the rail hub used at the wagner stop along the land bridge rail to Melitipol and Nova Kakhovka.

russian rail *may* be cut from both directions now.

ETA - What are the odds that Ukraine conducted 2 rail attacks hundreds of miles apart, both at the top of the hour, 6 hours apart, without hitting additional rail targets during those 6 hours that we don't know about yet?

edit on 8-10-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Crimean bridge hit with video

As I was saying in the bridge thread, Ukraine forces have no problem laying down their lives for their country. However the bridge attack was a suicide mission. No one in the truck survived. A suicide mission would be more the operating procedure for Chechnya or Dagestan, both areas that are having massive issues with Russia (Putin). People from both areas have went to Ukraine to fight FOR Ukraine.
edit on 8-10-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A wonderful sight to wake up to this morning...

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I taked screenshot from this video:

Compilation of Crimean bridge explosions

To me it dont look like truck explosion, the white flash start when the truck is still intact.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

After analyzing the images, I noticed something peculiar, right when the truck is passing and just 1 second before the explosion, a boat was passing and positioning itself right under the bridge

Video at the link: twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Moment of explosion -

edit on 8-10-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Missile Strike...

Or Special Forces Op

Not a truck bomb

Impressive if Special Forces..

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Was just reading that it was most likely blown up from below....notice no cratering anywhere...also the light poles show no signs of damage...the downed bridge segments appear to have broken free right at segment junctions.
edit on 8-10-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Riouz5

Ukraine does not have the capability to hit the bridge with artillery nor missiles (like HIMARS).

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Bloody hell, I wake up this morning and find out that the Kerch Straight Bridge is in pieces!!! From everything I have watched and read so far, the actual cause is up in the air, kind like pieces of the bridge.

The Ukrainians have been saying since late April/early May when the HIMARS arrived in theater that they want the ability to hit that bridge. There has been circumstantial evidence that the Ukrainians have had the ATCAMS for a couple of months now but in very limited supply. Whether stealthed to the Ukrainians from the US or stealthed in by another partner isn't really known at this time. There has been enough evidence that supplies are coming from sources that aren't "officially" supporting Ukraine, AKA those sheels made in POF munition factories in Pakistan.

There has also been visual confirmation of the Ukrainians capturing SMERCH systems, which could theoreticaly hit the bridge if they have the right munitions, and with all the donations from Russia over the last several months, they may those munitions. I mean Balikylia may have given them those rounds.

There is also the possibility it was a suicide mission with the truck bomb or an unwitting patsy that didn't realize he had Murrow building levels of ammonia nitrate in his back. Maybe he was a collaborator or something that the Ukrainians didn't give a # about.

Xcathdra made a good point too that this isn't really how the Ukrainians have been fighting and doesn't really fit their doctrine but it does fit either Chechen or Dagestan, bothg of which have been stirring things lately and tbh, wouldn't surprise me if they were the first Republics to rebel and see what they can accomplish while the Russia Army is tied down in Ukraine. Kadryov is a thug and a tribal warlord, nothing more. There is a strong thread of resistance in the Chechens and Dagestani's. And suicide bombers are very much part of Islamic Jihad Doctrine. Gotta get those 72 virgins dontcha ya know.

I've also seen a few speculating on a Russian resistance faction doing it though the evidence for that is sketchy at best. It would be the least likely of the options, imo anyway.

Then there is the one that is most likely not true but there is historical precedent for it. That is the tried and true government false flag. Used to justify whatever they need to be justified. I mean the FSB used one to put the Russians back at war with the Chechens. Using artillery on their own troops and blaming the Ukrainians to start the invasion in '14. And on and on. So realistically, that option can't be ruled out but I have a hard time believing that Putin would OK an attack on his pride and joy but he is also ruthless and psychopathic so it is still on the table imo.

And then lastly, it could have been a SOF/partisan attack, somehow evading all the security that Russia supposedly has and managing to blow a truck remotely or even that small boat that was filmed under the bridge. Load it with explosives, sail it in the right direction, jump off, detonate remotely, bridge go boom.

It will be interesting to watch the propaganda build around this attack. That is really one of the things I am really interested in. It truly fascinates me how narratives are built and sold to the consumer of said propaganda and the reactions to it. Next to logistics/economics of war, it is my biggest interest.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Riouz5

Ukraine does not have the capability to hit the bridge with artillery nor missiles (like HIMARS).

Look Further ....

West...

Stay Safe

Riouz

new topics

top topics

<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join