It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 337
<< 334  335  336    338  339  340 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

These troops are not veterans and haven't much of a clue about what happens in a real firefight. There is only one way to learn and that's fast. They would be all nice guys who don't really want to kill another human being let alone a Ukrainian. Hasn't the minister in charge of recruitment sent half back as unfit anyway. I wonder why that was since the Sputnik vaccination seems to have a lot of the same stuff in it that the western one has. There was a report of a load of Indian soldiers having heart attacks after a training run. It makes you wonder.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

These troops are not veterans and haven't much of a clue about what happens in a real firefight. There is only one way to learn and that's fast. They would be all nice guys who don't really want to kill another human being let alone a Ukrainian. Hasn't the minister in charge of recruitment sent half back as unfit anyway. I wonder why that was since the Sputnik vaccination seems to have a lot of the same stuff in it that the western one has. There was a report of a load of Indian soldiers having heart attacks after a training run. It makes you wonder.

None are conscripts (they JUST started arriving last week in small numbers) or mercenaries as russian propaganda keeps claiming, and most have at least 8 months of frontline experience, but I obviously have no idea how long any of them had served before this year.

How much experience do you think the russian officers who fled before their troops have?

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Alert 10.3.2022

Troops-Equipment related to Russia's NUCLEAR units are now being moved/positioned.

www.newsmax.com...

Putin, like Hitler, is living in a fantasy land, but reality closed in on the Führerbunker in 1945. So every day, Putin's world is closing in on him, and he grows more ill-rational. So the risk of Russia employing nuclear weapons in Ukraine and elsewhere is increasing.

Moreover, I urge people not to worry about media reports concerning the movement of equipment and troops relating to Russian nuclear weapons. The war in Ukraine doesn't preclude standard unit rotations and personnel transfer. However, another possibility is the (conventional) military equipment is destined for service with Russian units in Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Russia has had grom exercise past years around October . It`s strategic nuclear forces exercise , so all kinds of missile and launch stuff are involved.

Not totally sure will they make it 2022 October or later this year , because the war situation, but it`s possible.

Putin’s Nuclear Firepower Demonstration in Support of His Invasion of Ukraine .

Key Features of Russia’s Grom 2019 Nuclear Exercise

So the nuclear forces do move even without war.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

"Second rate army"

Fixed that for ya.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Prices of vest and other stuff go high in Russia, the sellers know the situation and want to make some money..

wonder how big a cut farty gets per vest.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Quite big probably , can buy new lada then .

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

That`s better

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   
3 October Update

Key Takeaways

* Ukrainian forces have made substantial gains around Lyman and in northern Kherson Oblast over the last 24 hours. The Russian units defeated on these fronts were previously considered to be among Russia’s premier conventional fighting forces.

* Russian President Vladimir Putin may use the appointment of Lieutenant-General Roman Berdnikov to the command of the Western Military District to redirect blame for recent or future Russian military failures in Kharkiv Oblast.

* Russian officials released the director of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant, whom they had illegally detained, and are likely continuing to undermine Ukrainian control of the plant.

* Ukrainian forces made advances on the Oskil River-Kreminna line towards the Luhansk oblast border.

* Ukrainian forces advanced in northern Kherson Oblast.

* Russian President Vladimir Putin is introducing punitive measures to target the Russian bureaucratic institutions responsible for the execution of partial mobilization.

* Russian officials acknowledged that the Kremlin intends to invade, occupy, and illegally annex additional Ukrainian territory in the south and east and may alter the claimed borders of its occupied territories.

* The Russian State Duma approved the Kremlin’s illegal accession treaties on October 3 and laid out the administrative timeline for integrating illegally annexed Ukrainian territory into the Russian Federation.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Post for @xpert11

Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I saw a trainload of SS27s (mobile ICBM launchers) a few days ago that still haunts me.

Hopefully, it's just a supply line of Stolichnaya in those SS27's getting to where it's needed most.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I saw a trainload of SS27s (mobile ICBM launchers) a few days ago that still haunts me.

Hopefully, it's just a supply line of Stolichnaya in those SS27's getting to where it's needed most.

Agreed, or even a new delivery from the factory (these looked pristine), but for some reason that video, not all the gore I've witnessed this year, that particular video haunts me.

All I can come up with as an explanation is that I've never seen one while someone was actually threatening to use it before.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't wish to start a thread on it as i can't seem to upload pics anymore. Maybe someone would fire in and start one with the evidence?

But why does the Ukrainian Military look like a real hardcore military? ie, Young, fit, muscular, and clean healthy men and women who look to be up to the task at hand yet every Russian Military guy I've seen looks as though they have been dragged from the nearest shelter for Alcoholics and drug addicts.

Is Putin getting rid of his lower classes, alcoholics, druggies, and the unemployable?. Even the battle dress they are wearing is not fit for purpose, never mind modern-day warfare.

We've all seen those Russian military displays with thousands of Young, fit and healthy-looking warriors marching through Red Square. Are they real Soldiers or are they just a bunch of Supermodels for hire and show? Just an observation.
edit on 4-10-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

A whole lot of russia's best forces were killed, injured or irradiated in the north, and even more since then, we haven't seen russia's 'best' since their 40 mile convoy ran out of gas.

And it's about to get a whole lot worse with all the new conscripts arriving soon.

The two real exceptions that I've seen are russia's air force (ground & crew), and all the wags, they are the complete opposite of most of the russian army right now and look more like Ukrainians.

About the best russia has left that I'm aware of besides that is 3 surviving regiments of their 76th airborne division, which has been trapped on the wrong side of a river playing artillery games with Ukrainians for a few months, and they just split themselves into two groups for the first time yesterday, so they might not be unique much longer.

The 76th is also only equipped with 120mm artillery by many reports.

There's a reason putin feels desperate enough to threaten planetary nuking, he already knows he's lost the war.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

120-mm ?

That sounds like they don't have any artillery pieces at all. Those would be the heavy mortars.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

120-mm ?

That sounds like they don't have any artillery pieces at all. Those would be the heavy mortars.

Cheers

122mm, sorry for the typo.

It's an airborne division, that thought they were gonna rapidly take the Mykolaiv airport, and then do the same in Odessa.

They may have other stuff too, but russian milbloggers are constantly complaining that they got stuck on the wrong side of the river with mostly 122s as their largest guns, and while this has been the best single russian 'unit' fighting recently in Ukraine, their artillery has been almost useless.

This is the group surrounding the small Ukrainian pocket in the middle of the west Kherson front.

1 regiment supposedly broke off to help defend Dudchany yesterday.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Situation from one source :

Russian media Rybar's latest map shows how dire the situation is in northern Kherson for Russia. These maps are 4 hours apart

rybar's maps generally make things look a little better for russia than they actually are (much more honest than most russian stuff though), so assuming this isn't a fake or feint, it's huge news!

I hadn't seen anything about this until right now.

ETA - I just went looking and every source I trust seems to have been 'surprised' by this in the last hour.

Some are even saying the collapse went to Davidv Brid and hasn't been stopped yet.

edit on 4-10-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is about 3rd Army Corps, it`s from Ukrianian source but could be truth still

Russia� ��s 3rd Army Corps Collapsed and Cannot Perform Given Tasks – the General Staff of Ukraine

The situation in Russian armed forces is quite bad , i would not believe this 1 year ago ...

new topics

top topics

<< 334  335  336    338  339  340 >>

join