It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 336
<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Sounds off. Poland just completed a new canal so they could access the Baltic Sea without having to go through the Kaliningrad Oblast.

Might want to check coal production in Poland as well. I recall they have a lot of mining activity. It drives the German Greens crazy.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I don't know anything about the canal bit, but a quick search seems to indicate that Poland imports around half of it's coal consumption, and that a lot of it comes from russia.

Surprised the heck outa me.

edit on 3-10-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Got a link for that? I'm curious now.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ukrainian forces reached village Chkalove in Kherson are from some reports..

Chkalove

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Got a link for that? I'm curious now.

Cheers

This wiki is better and more recent than the first article I used, I used whatever came up first on google for the earlier quick search:

As of early 2022, Poland imported roughly a fifth of its coal, with 75% of these imports coming from Russia.[5] In late March 2022, Poland's government announced that it would ban Russian coal imports due to the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, with imports from Russia to cease entirely by April or May 2022.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   

That sounds more up to date.

Russia wasn't in a bad position prior to invading Ukraine. Putin 'fixed' that for them.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Ukrainian forces reached village Chkalove in Kherson are from some reports..

Chkalove

I've seen the same thing, but it's REAL difficult to believe, it would mean Ukraine advanced around 50 miles yesterday and have around 5k russians surrounded.

It also means they would be within reach of the main bridge.

I saw it from the same tgram russians that correctly called the last few russian collapses though, so who knows?

I 'hope' it's true, but my gut is screaming to pull in the reins a bit, cuz there's a whole lotta russians in those 50 miles.

I mean think about those poor infantry doing 2 fully loaded marathons in one day, under fire.

ETA - after further thought ... I wonder if these reports are referring to the Mykolaiv forces coming from the west to meet the northern group that did advance pretty far in that direction yesterday (I just doubt it was 50 miles).

That would make perfect sense tactically (actually pretty brilliant), and would be completely plausible.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Alert 10.3.2022

Troops-Equipment related to Russia's NUCLEAR units are now being moved/positioned.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ain't nothing like rattlin' that old nuclear saber.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Russia sure loves trains for war applications..seems outdated to me but I guess its a plus in a huge country with sh#t roads.
I looked up the 12th Main Directorate-the guys whose train it is:

It is responsible for the safe-keeping, technical maintenance, transportation, delivery, issuance, disposal, etc. of the nuclear arsenal of the state, as well as the testing of nuclear charges, which includes ensuring ecological safety of such tests and the maintenance of Soviet/Russian testing grounds, known in Russian as "polygons" – in Semipalatinsk (Semipalatinsk Test Site, now Kazakhstan) and on Novaya Zemlya Archipelago.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hey,at least ecological safety is ensured during nuclear explosions.
Not quite sure how they manage that but anyway..

The madness continues.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I saw a trainload of SS27s (mobile ICBM launchers) a few days ago that still haunts me.

Seriously haunts me.

Putin has either gone mad, or he's doing his best madman impression.

I still can't tell which, but sending dozens of ICBM launchers to Ukraine has me leaning even more to the 'gone mad' side.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Jeezus?

Has he gone full on MAD?

Seriously worrying.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Sure starting to look that way.

The video is still on the Tube, but I'm not going to post it here again.

Not kidding, that one's been haunting me.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

article from STRATEGY PAGE blog about Russia repurpose of S300 (SA 10) surface air missiles as Surface - surface missiles

Not the most accurate

www.strategypage.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Pretty accurate at hitting civilian apartment blocks and humanitarian convoys, though?

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: firerescue

Pretty accurate at hitting civilian apartment blocks and humanitarian convoys, though?

They just aim at the center of cities, it then hits somewhere in the city.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Now that the dust has settled...

It appears that the Ukrainian force advancing from the north did indeed get stopped after a little more than 20 miles at Dudchany, but they cleared russians from the entire northern tip of the west Kherson front.

Also - the Kherson western bridgehead force made small but significant advances - they didn't reach Chklove in force, but were close enough for indirect fire and mobile recon teams - this is what had the tgram russians in a tizzy last night they thought the northern group had made it this far.

These two forces are currently blocked by some of the larger russian forces in the area, so further advancements *might* take a while, and these two forces aren't anywhere near meeting each other yet.

The Mykolaiv force is still engaged in a large 'fixing' operation around 10 miles outside of Kherson, with no indications that they intend to advance anytime soon.

There also were actual russian soldiers fighting the northern advance that went on tgram to beg for immediate air support because russian coms weren't working, 'apparently'.

Either way it was pretty hilarious.

ETA - Just saw video evidence of Ukraine capturing a russian Lt Colonel in the East Kharkiv oblast.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

From what im seeing the Russians no longer control their military.

soldiers are going off the last orders given and when they need further instructions are getting none.

Ive watched over and over as they take Russian HQs an entire area falls. At this point i dont think they have any real control short of some officer driving out to a location and barking out orders.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

From what im seeing the Russians no longer control their military.

soldiers are going off the last orders given and when they need further instructions are getting none.

Ive watched over and over as they take Russian HQs an entire area falls. At this point i dont think they have any real control short of some officer driving out to a location and barking out orders.

That certainly keeps being discovered during these rapid Ukrainian advances, both in Kharkiv and Western Kherson.

To be fair though, Ukraine has been making those rapid advances in areas that they had long cut off from regular supply lines with HIMARS first. I think (and there is some evidence) that russian officers mostly fled long before the advancements actually happened.

We're also seeing that russian coms are completely ineffective while these advances occur, even civilian mobile.

Last night we saw more evidence of this with 'actual' russian soldiers reaching out to their command hierarchy on tgram, begging (and I do mean begging) for immediate air support.

Another clue is that all of the forces in the 3 retreating columns from Lyman were mostly stolen civilian vehicles, leaving a huge amount of perfectly good equipment behind. Including at least one fully loaded TOS flamethrower.

Ukraine had been sending messages that they won't attack russians fleeing in civilian vehicles, but WILL attack all military vehicles trying to escape.

I don't think any russian officer would ever allow this under any circumstances, so I have to believe that there were no officers left alive there.

Oddly, the wags near Donetsk appear to have MUCH better control of their forces.

new topics

top topics

<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join