It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 333
<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

What are those ?? some kind of bomb to slow down Ukrainians ?

Footage of strange containers, which the occupiers began to bury in the Kherson region.

Photo

prolly nuclear warheads. tactical ones,so when the ukes move back in hopefully they detonate on them I am guessing.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I hope that’s not some sort of biological nerve agent.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Some interesting footage...

Everyone is so busy making jokes about this video that they’ve failed to realize what they’re seeing. Those are chemical warfare suits. Russia will use chemical weapons in eastern Ukraine

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

That map link not working for me, yeeh not so clear ..
Russia itself claim they withdrawn its forces from Lyman, and do Ukrainians say there are RF trapped, i dont know what exactly is the situation there .

Here is the bit showing Lyman.

Cheers

I watched Ukraine flag raising in Lyman, with zero battle sounds, and Ukrainian troops standing in the open without fear of enemy fire.

I also saw evidence of 3 LARGE convoys sneaking out of Lyman in the middle of the night (the main russian force there) and of one of those massive convoys getting obliterated, and I do mean 'obliterated', by Ukrainian artillery.

I'm sure there is still some clearing today, but any russian troops remaining are now hopelessly trapped unless russians fight their way back to Lyman, and russia does not have the forces to do that anywhere near Lyman right now.

Your map is delayed a bit, Ukraine has Zarichne, try picturing the map that way and you'll immediately understand why russia tried to escape from Lyman in the middle of the night.

edit on 1-10-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

"Hopefully"?

Where is your humanity?

Words fail me.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"Withdrawn to more advantageous lines".

www.theguardian.com...

Ran away?!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

i called it in fast track thread, chemical weapons in the four annexed, and if he fires nukes it will be in the rest of Ukraine.

from my post,

you do realize that when putin said any means to defend the new territory that includes Ukraine. if Ukraine continues to kick russia's ass, putin just might let nukes or chemicals fly against Ukraine. if he did i suspect he'd use chemicals in the four regions and attack the rest of Ukraine with nukes.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It is not clear to me which Russian units were actually deployed in Lyman.

This map shows various elements; a couple of regiments and a brigade of some kind. Not much more than a division in theory, probably a few burnt out battalions in reality.

Cheers

At least 3 brigades of the 5th combined arms army, or what's left of them anyway, plus a few surviving elements from some dpr forces.

edit on 1-10-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

Everyone is so busy making jokes about this video that they’ve failed to realize what they’re seeing. Those are chemical warfare suits. Russia will use chemical weapons in eastern Ukraine

twitter.com...

It's a behind the scenes clip from a film production. Found in you link.

That said, who knows wtf Putin will do. His back is against the wall.
edit on C20221010America/Chicago2022-10-01T18:18:34-05:00312022Sat, 01 Oct 2022 18:18:34 -0500 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

twitter.com...

It's a behind the scenes clip from a film production. Found in you link.

That said, who knows wtf Putin will do. His back is against the wall.

The chem protected horse is hilarious!

But the terrain doesn't match anything I've seen in Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Surely many Russians will hear about this and talk about it..

The Russian rapper Ivan Petunin has committed suicide.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   
1 October Update

Key Takeaways

* Ukrainian forces liberated Lyman and are likely clearing the settlement as of October 1.

* Russia is likely setting conditions to assume legal responsibility for the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP).

* Ukrainian troops are continuing to conduct counteroffensive operations in Kherson Oblast and setting conditions for future advances.

* Russian forces conducted ground attacks in the Bakhmut and Avdiivka areas of Donetsk Oblast.

* Russian forces continued routine strikes against Ukrainian rear areas in the south.

* Russian military leadership is continuing to compromise the future reconstitution of the force by prioritizing the immediate mobilization of as many bodies as possible for ongoing fighting in Ukraine.

* Russian mobilization authorities continue to carry out discriminatory mobilization practices.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Hopefully"?

Where is your humanity?

Words fail me.

I disliek the russians,not ukranians. By hopefully I was saying teh russians HOPE they set the nukes off when they open them.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Don't think those "globes" are nukes, if only because they wouldn't need a string of them in one place. Someone on twitter mentioned fougasse ... maybe, or something similar.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I was a bit of disruptive lad at school and got suspended for a period of time during my last year.
My Dad worked permanent night shift and would pop down to the local pub most days about 1.30 till 3 just for a couple of pints with a few mates.
After his initial anger at me he started taking me with him and I got to know a lot of his mates.
Nearly every day I'd talk to a 79year old man called Auld Fred. Fred signed up as 14year old lad to fight in WWI. He saw action in the trenches etc.....boy could he tell some stories.
I was 16 years old and thought I knew everything....until I sat down and spoke to and LISTENED to what that man told me.

A year or two later my first job upon leaving school was working as a panel beater in a garage.
The man who taught me was a typical British working class Gentleman type; he went to work in a shirt and tie and was remarkably kind, respectful and hard working.
A really nice man.
When we were sitting around a brazier type fire drinking tea in the cold winter he started telling me stories of his time serving as a Desert Rat in North Africa, then in Italy afterwards and at The Normandy Landings.
His unit/Brigade pushed into Germany and was the first Allied troops to liberate one of the concentration camps there. Not sure if it was Belsen, could be wrong.
He told me some horrific stories about what he witnessed there, sometimes through tears.
He told me they found German soldiers trying pass themselves off as inmates - I think its a well known fact.
I asked him what they did; he looked at me straight in the eyes and said very matter of factly, "We killed them son".
I never pushed him further.

These guys had true balls of steel.

My point is I, and many others, had a real connection with these people.
I understood and respected what they did.
I learnt about the horrors of war and why it must be avoided at all costs.....but we absolutely have to stand up for ourselves and for what is right.
Lessons in life teach us that we have to face up to bully's, you push me and I'll push back twice as hard.
That we can not give in to provocation and intimidation and that appeasement does not work.

Over the years I've got to know people who lived through The Blitz, years of rationing, the fear of having loved one's fighting in a war hundreds and at times thousands of miles away, of being a POW etc.

Far too few people have that connection now; they are just pages in a history book or a Hollywood movie.

The life Putin has had he must have had similar experiences only from a Russian point of view.
I think during his prolonged Covid isolation he lost all sense of perspective, forgot about the realities of war and became obsessed with his own personal legacy and dreams of a Greater Russia.

Yet again I've gone off tangent a bit.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   

"We have all become captives of a maniac , who gives us the choice of either jail or the army , or the choice I made"

in the Russian Caucasus, a hundred kilometers east of Crimea. Ivan Petunin, aka `Walkie´, he committed suicide at the age of 27 after announcing his gesture in a video on Telegram, just before his body was found at the foot of a skyscraper in the city.
oxnard24.com...

RiP Ivan Petunin, aka Walkie.

edit on 2-10-2022 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Meanwhile somewhere in Russia..

Second army in the world is getting some traditional Russian Replenishment

Replenishment is coming to the alco-troops of the Russian Federation.

One day later , maybe same group ....look`s like they crashed the bus

Oh forgot to upload the second part. Obviously they didn't make it

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes
captives of a maniac-

This is real horror show now for many Russians , many managed to leave country, but much more have to stay and live with the maniac .

This suicide is sad in many ways, sad for Ivan Petunin , but also for showing the current state of Russia .

I wonder how many Russian will end doing suicide .

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

"I was a bit of disruptive lad at school"

I'd wager just about everyone here was.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Don't think those "globes" are nukes, if only because they wouldn't need a string of them in one place. Someone on twitter mentioned fougasse ... maybe, or something similar.

Cheers

Or as some speculate from high res footage - naval mines and thick detonation cord making a huge IED.

It's an extravagant road mine at the entrance to a town just along the southern front. Guess they ran out of regular mines.

new topics

top topics

<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join