It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 311
<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz
MBS as a prisoner mediator is a new one huh..

Why fly them back through Saudi though-was that for a photo op or something?

Oh well,good they are free.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Russia Implodes After Putin Summons 300,000 to Die for Him

link

Vladimir Putin’s “special military operation” against Ukraine hit a turning point Wednesday—but not the kind the Kremlin wanted.

Instead, the Russian leader may have inadvertently put the final nail in the coffin of his decades-long reign with his bombshell announcement that hundreds of thousands of citizens will be called up to face likely death in the war next door.

ADVERTISEMENT

While Putin’s most loyal allies rallied around the leader with calls for unity and defense officials stretched over backwards to provide dubious assurances to the general public, ordinary Russians rushed for the exits and took to the streets.

Airline tickets out of the country sold out within a matter of hours. There were myriad reports of men of conscription age being barred from buying bus and airline tickets, and human rights groups reported that draft notices were already being handed out to people at bus stations and train stops in some areas.

Street cleaners and homeowners associations were reportedly tasked with delivering the notices in other areas.

I hope the Russian youth who have to die for the depraved ego of Putin somehow get out of this demonic war.

Likely this will be the end, Putin. This will be his Vietnam and worse.

At least in Vietnam, the people were brainwashed enough to fight for a while, but the Russian people don't want any part of his war.

Anyone supporting Putin, would you fight, kill or die for this cause?

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Here's the photo op: twitter.com...

Video shows the POWs exiting a plane and shaking hands with Saudi officials.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Please let us know if you see any new videos containing recent intercepts of russian mobile phones.

Seems russia turned off all phone towers in occupied areas a few days ago so the intercepts are hard to come by right now, right when they would probably be the most hilarious.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher
a reply to: Xcathdra

Please let us know if you see any new videos containing recent intercepts of russian mobile phones.

Seems russia turned off all phone towers in occupied areas a few days ago so the intercepts are hard to come by right now, right when they would probably be the most hilarious.

Heres the latest one from the YT channel I tend to go to for them, although they arent translated sometimes, and not sure the date of this one...

Funny seeing the protests in ruZZia, and the spreading protests in Iran (that people seem to be ignoring, their pretty shocking from a 'woah there are so many Iranian men supporting the womens protests' kinda way), feels like big change might happen in some areas soon. Maybe even a throwing off of old regimes like the kremlin and Ayatollah... not gonna get too optimistic, but hey... we can hope.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Thank You Sasquatch!

"fight or face firing squad"

I'm hoping for intercepts from after russians on the front learn of putin's speech and recent legal changes.

There are protests in iran?

I hate multitasking and have way too much on my plate right now.

What are they protesting, and do you think there's a chance that the protests grow or succeed?

If so, I'll try to make time to support Iranian Patriots.

edit on 21-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

I just watched several video feeds of peaceful protests in russia!

Peaceful Protests In Russia!

Lots of nonviolent arrests, but police are allowing the protests to continue!

We definately aren't anywhere near Kansas anymore!

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
About the “protests”

As i mentioned earlier in another thread.

And don’t lose focus.

There’s observations in history up and down the block about protesters in EVERY country. In EVERY situation.

Let’s focus on the dance at hand coming up shall we?

and please stop mentioning Putin. It’s not just Putin.

edit on 21-9-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

Putin is the one who invaded Ukraine - twice now.

Seems to me it is Putins fault.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere
This thread wouldn't exist if it weren't for Putin and his his desire to be remembered alongside "Peter The Great" as "Putin the even Greater" or whatever delusion is going on in his mind, when history will record this invasion initiated by Putin as a failure which turned him into a pariah. Even China is distancing themselves from Putin now that they see how weak his army looks on the battlefield.

There are other issues to discuss besides Putin himself in a "Russia Ukraine Update Thread", but Putin is so integral to what is going on in the war with Ukraine that I think to not discuss Putin in this thread would be an unjustifiable omission, so I have to wonder why you are saying "please stop mentioning Putin". Are you trying to derail this thread?

Today, Putin just threatened the west with Nukes, and said he's not bluffing. How can we avoid discussing Putin when he's just escalated the conflict with such posturing? His "Iron Doll" propagandist on Russian state TV said Russia should have nuked the funeral of the queen of England, and I wouldn't be surprised if those scripts had to be approved by the Kremlin. Who is running the Kremlin? Putin.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

The point is that there has NEVER been a peaceful protest in russia.

Not that there IS a protest in russia.

Regardless of the outcome, this is something new for russia.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   
21 September Update

Key Takeaways

* Russian President Vladimir Putin’s announced “partial mobilization” will not materially affect the course of the war in the coming months.

* Putin did not explicitly threaten to use nuclear weapons if Ukraine continues counter-offensive operations to liberate occupied areas after Russian annexation.

* Ukrainian forces likely continued offensive operations around Lyman.

* Ukrainian forces conducted strikes north and east of Kherson City as part of an operational-level interdiction campaign against Russian logistics, military, and transportation assets in Kherson Oblast.

* Ukrainian and Russian sources identified three areas of kinetic activity on September 21: northwest of Kherson City, near the Ukrainian bridgehead over the Inhulets River, and south of the Kherson-Dnipropetrovsk Oblast border around Vysokopillya.

* Russian federal subjects (regions) are continuing crypto-mobilization efforts regardless of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s declaration of partial mobilization.

* Russian-appointed occupation administrators are likely increasing law enforcement and filtration measures in occupied areas of Ukraine in preparation for Russia’s sham annexation referenda.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
At 11 minutes in that video, he mentions that he thought and said a week ago that Ukraine was on the path to winning the war.
But now he's saying that's changed 180 degrees to being on the path to losing the war.

He said if Ukraine is inefficient it has no chance of winning this war. It's challenging for Ukrainian society as a whole to really change because Ukrainian leadership at all levels is absolutely incompetent, and not capable of winning this kind of war of attrition, even though it is possible to win such a war, but for that you need to be extremely efficient. That means using all resources as efficiently as possible.

He said, whether Ukraine will be able to change (to become more efficient) remains to be seen.

In his previous video he talks about an example of Ukrainian leadership corruption in diverting supplies to the enemy held areas, which can obviously negatively impact efficiency:

He thinks the KGB/FSB were involved.

He's not picking solely on Ukraine but he says this kind of corruption was prevalent in all soviet union countries and has continued in the separate countries, even after the breakup of the soviet union. So he might have a point if some supplies being sent to Ukraine are being diverted and not properly used, that could definitely hinder their fighting ability.

What I find disturbing is that if he's right about all this corruption that was uncovered, that no actions are apparently being taken against the people responsible, and it's just being swept under the rug and hidden more or less.

While he may have a point about all this Ukrainian corruption and the lack of efficiency which results, I don't think that will necessarily prevent Ukraine from winning, though it may just take them much longer to win than if they were more efficient. Russia not only has the same type of corruption problems, but they have much worse morale, and lack of access to technology to make more modern weapon systems due to the sanctions, so there's even more working against Russia, though he's right they are a larger adversary.

I remember when the west started sending big ticket weapons to Ukraine, they were warned that the west would be watching the international black market for arms to see if any were being traded for money instead of being used to defend Ukraine, so the people saying that were obviously already aware of the corruption problems in Ukraine. I don't know how much of a problem that's been...the corruption this channel talked about included things like 25,000 meals worth $50 each, 389 railcars, 220 semi trailer trucks, and 22 sea containers full of various supplies. (I also wonder what kind of meal the West's $50 buys, is that what MRE's cost now?

So how do the Ukrainian officials who stole or diverted all those supplies continue to stay in power as if they did nothing wrong (if his analysis is correct)? Especially since they almost seem like traitors instead of just thieves, if they sent the supplies to enemy controlled territories. I hope Ukraine can work out their corruption issues and become more efficient.

edit on 2022922 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Chinese are starting to think different...

China’s Public Opinion Is Shifting Away From Russia

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I think something changed after his recent 3 day 'mysterious' absence, and the Ukrainian corruption story was the very first thing he covered when he returned.

It's not true, at least not on that scale, and I think he was telling us that someone had 'fed' this story to him by using the exact same image that came from a previous russian propaganda 'report' on the issue, which he oddly left on the screen for a weirdly long time.

His front line movement reports have still been accurate (I check), but a lot less detailed than before, and he no longer covers the shocking things that russia does like missiles 1000 feet from a nuke plant.

My CT side is screaming that he is under some kind of recent russian pressure, but it's only a CT for now.

edit on 22-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
China’s Public Opinion Is Shifting Away From Russia

Does China really have "public opinion"? It should read, "the Chinese Communist Party's opinion is..."

Either way, those countries who Russia wants to rely on are getting smaller and thinner by the day. Putin is sitting atop a Russia that is diminishing in every way. But, hey, there's always the mighty Iran and Venezuela to fall back on.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

kim just called to yell at me while he shot some random people over anger that you left him out.

new topics

<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join