It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 308
<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

This can actually backfire, since people might think that it`s better to not go at all to service .

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Bet the Russian military would like to see some of the Duma folk go into the front line. Then see how draconian their decrees are.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

So it's not just me?

The last 7 years were real?

Please tell me there isn't really a madman launching missiles at nuclear plants...

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   

That's a good observation.

The last time Russia (as USSR) issued a comparable order, they had nationwide conscription AND their country was obviously in dire straits. Neither of those conditions obtain at the moment, and anyone contemplating military service may think twice.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Err crap I think i posted in the wrong thread lol..
edit on 20-9-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes ..yes

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Some twitter account with that same video mentioned there was small power outage when the attack happened, that could explain also it

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
EDIT:- ok I hadnt posted in the wrong thread lol... and i posted another reply instead of just pasting it back in the first one... I need to go to bed damn it.

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher
Perhaps someone else can explain the time display 'jumping'?

Is it one of the weird compression things that some older security camera systems would do?

Security cameras tend to be low fps, and high compression to allow for hours of footage being recorded without taking up terrabytes each day, id say the skip is down to just rather poor data recording, the time stamp jumps around but its going up constantly.

Also it might have a data size saver that only registers frames with differences, to save on storage as well, ie the clocks ticking along normally, but it only writes a frame when X% of the incoming frame is different from the previous frame, but when played back at a steady FPS the result is a choppy time stamp.

Imagine taking a video of a bedside tick tock old school clock with hands, but then only saving the frames where the second hand lands on 3's and 5 second increments on the clock face... then play it back without any sort of extra timing between those frames to make up for removed ones... result a mess.

Basically saying, cameras like that are only used to get some visual and just enough for what you need not HD 4k 60fps cinematics lol.

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Some twitter account with that same video mentioned there was small power outage when the attack happened, that could explain also it

That too far more likely, brown outs on any kinda electronics like that can screw things up big time... as ive learned in the last 2 weeks thanks to my houses power board arcing thanks to water getting in it to the point it almost burst into flames before my dad could turn it off. Can still smell the burnt plastic in the laundry room. Only noticed it was happening since i heard a loud buzzing from down the corridor and my PC was acting weird...
edit on 20-9-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

PM for @MidnightWatcher

Cheers

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

They started ordering teachers from a military school to Ukraine ?

Russia staffs 4 battalions to be deployed in Ukraine with teachers – General Staff

If true it shows they have difficulties to find new cannon fodder.

I hope they get a swift lesson on the saying "those who can, do; those who can't, teach."

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Russia threaten American SpaceX Starlink satellites could become a "legitimate target"

Russia warns that SpaceX Starlink satellites could become a "legitimate target"

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Next time someone claims that russia isnt using their best stuff in this war...

For the first time ever the most advanced Russian main battle tank T-90M was captured by the Ukrainian army - presumably in #Kharkiv Oblast. This tank is also covered with Nakidka radar-absorbent and heat-insulating material.

Pics at the link: mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It may become a policy decision to try and provoke a response from the US or NATO. In that way, Russia's failure in Ukraine gets overtaken by other, more pressing matters. It'll probably just lead to more kit being given to Ukraine, as Russia once again makes some poor decisions.

It would not be beyond Russia's stupidity to try and escalate the conflict. But shooting down a few Starlink satellites is hardly going to do very much. Judging by Russian military prowess, one wonders if Russia could actually hit a satellite in a real world situation.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Russia threaten American SpaceX Starlink satellites could become a "legitimate target"

Finally , a good news story !

Not a fan of Starlink but this is just more of the same from Russia , sadly.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I wondered since Russian forces entered to Ukrainian nuclear power plant, and firing so close to reactors that it may want to provoke US/NATO . Could be also because they are not so smart , and act stubid .

I think they are thinking all sort of actions now, and surele it would be mistake to act against satellites , and more kits would be send to Ukraine.

I doubt China would either like war expanding to space .

They lost sanity clearly ...

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They are stuck in their twisted mentality .

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Russian tortured Tamils from Sri Lanka , this shows Russian mentality ... violent behaviour.

Eelam Tamils tortured by Russia in Ukraine

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Russian tortured Tamils from Sri Lanka , this shows Russian mentality ... violent behaviour.

Eelam Tamils tortured by Russia in Ukraine

I read somewhere recently it all goes back to Russian origins of being part Mongols and their bloodthirsty nature in war. They referred to the German prisoners taken by Russia in WW2. The greatest fear of the Nazis on the Eastern Front was to be taken prisoner by the Siberian forces. Disembowlment while alive was a common act carried out by Siberian forces on these prisoners

top topics

<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join