It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Yeeh most likely , they have now krab 155 from Poland also in Kharkiv region

Polish-produced Krab 155

I saw a good deal of video evidence that the Krabs were part of the Kharkiv spearhead force with the HIMARS, I doubt Ukraine would park them on russia's border when a simple M777 would accomplish the same thing.

Assuming the Krabs survived the last week (there is a rumor that at least one was severely damaged), I think it's more likely that they are still travelling with the HIMARS (which all survived) spearhead either to finish taking the Kharkiv oblast across the river or redeploying to lead the next assault wave somewhere else.

Krabs are way to valuable to just park anywhere right now.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Yeeh i guess that makes sense .

This Russian journalist/ war correspondent openly tells what should be done .

Russian journalist, ladies and gentlemen!

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Russian "conscripts" refuse to "serve" in combat conditions – Haidai

The Head of Luhansk Oblast Military Administration, Serhii Haidai, has reported that Russian conscripts are refusing to take part in the war on Ukrainian territory.

At the same time, the occupiers are not paying pensions and compensation to local people for damaged houses. Source: Serhii Haidai, Head of Luhansk Oblast Military Administration, on Telegram Quote: "Russian conscripts are refusing to take part in the war on Ukrainian territory when they learn about their losses. Injured occupiers are not getting paid now. Indeed, this is caused by a rapid counterattack of Ukrainian defenders in Kharkiv Oblast.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

At least russians are starting to be a little more honest lately about what their objectives and tactics have always been.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Yep, genocide is the real goal of Putin's army in Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Now they start talking it`s war...of course , it`s been war over 200 days, and infact much longer if we count from 2014

Gennady Zyuganov, the leader of Russia's Communist Party, says enough is enough: the "special military operation" in Ukraine is a war.
edit on 13-9-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Russian "conscripts" refuse to "serve" in combat conditions – Haidai

The Head of Luhansk Oblast Military Administration, Serhii Haidai, has reported that Russian conscripts are refusing to take part in the war on Ukrainian territory.

Ah theres what the rumor about no new ruZZian units was based on... not that id blame em for refusing given the conditions we've heard about alot of the new conscripts have to endure. yet somehow ruZZia is considering or people on high are demanding, full mobilization?.. how are they going to equip a mobilization, if the current lot are running out of gear fast.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   

This is the face of Putin's war. Really sad to see this poor kid in the state he is. I hope he does not end up perm disabled/blinded, as it looks quite serious.

Worrying for the Russians that they are throwing untrained people into the fight.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   
My thoughts for the day:

Putin's relationships with his Generals are reminiscent of Hitler and Stalin's inability to take responsibility for their follies. Stalin refused to heed multiple warnings concerning German preparations for Operation Barbarossa. Likewise, Hitler's generals couldn't overcome their strategic and logistical handicaps and moral failings. Interestingly the Russians share the same flaws relating to strategy, logistics and morality.

So the turnover of Russian senior military commanders related to the war in Ukraine relates to Putin's refusal to accept current conditions are the issues. Those conditions are Russian invading Ukraine and the current state of the Russian Armed Forces. By my line of reasoning, the Russians in Ukraine are akin are a one-trick pony, without the shades the bursts of Prussian/German tactical and operational brilliance.

Yet if the status quo remains in Putin's inner circle, the Ukrainians will evict Russian forces from their country over the next 2 - 3 years. But the risk of Russia employing WMDs in Ukraine remains. The Russians might use chemical and nuclear weapons in Ukraine to avert defeat or avoid addressing underlying problems.

But in that scenario, an armistice or peace treaty between Russia and Ukraine is highly unlikely. Ukraine would face the task of reconstruction under the ongoing threat of renewed Russian military offensives. Ukraine might pay dearly for complacency in that time frame.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Industrial mobilisation would have to follow the Russians tapping into their reserves of personnel. But that assumes a degree of rational thinking missing from the backers of Russia's war in Ukraine. How the related people either don't acknowledge Ukraine's right to exist or engage in a war of liberation displays how their minds work.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I cant blame them not wanting to jump in for battle, it`s clear there is structural dysfunction in Russian military culture , which then means meat grinder for many who are in the front.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
While not directly related to what is happening on the ground in Ukraine, I found this to be an interesting read regarding the $Billions the US is sending. I'm not sure about the accuracy of the "lend, lease" bullet points, but the rest makes damn good sense. Next time someone asks why we are sending so much, listed below are more than enough good reasons.

To the people complaining about the billions the US is sending to Ukraine
I’m going to share with a private opinion from a knowledgeable European official I know
Basically, he starts off smiling and saying the US are “absolutely ruthless” with regard to the Ukraine war.

I reponded that America is footing most of the bill for this
He laughed, hard
He said: win, lose or draw, the Americans win

Main points
-“Money” being sent to Ukraine is mostly in form of arms/weapons
-They’re sent via “lend-lease” meaning Ukraine will have to pay it back
-It wasn’t until after Ukraine showed that it would not be occupied by Russia, that the US committed big budgets and armaments
-After the war, the EU will be on the hook for rebuilding Ukraine, integrating them into the union and thus helping pay back the US lend-lease arms
-The US is passing off older, strategically obsolete weapons which would eventually be replaced (HIMARS)
-The US didn’t part with any of their most effective and technologically advanced systems (helicopers, planes)
-NATO is strengthened under US leadership
-America will achieve all its strategic objectives on the cheap
-Europe will need to invest in their military which will mean big business for the US
-Russian armaments have been exposed as inferior so Russia will lose global marketshare to the US military industry
-Europe is essentially decoupled from the Russian energy tit, creating a huge opportunity for US LNG
-Europe falls completely out of Russian influence
-The Russian military is grounded down by Ukraine with no American soldiers dying
-Russia finished as a threat to US influence
-The US can now focus all military attention towards containing China
-This is also a wakeup call for EU to take China seriously as a military adversary
-EU-China relations have been set back decades in terms of cooperation
-The days of the US having to twist the EU’s arm to not let Huawei build their 5G system are over
-China’s slow moving influence campaign into Europe is essentially done
-China now needs to think much harder about invading Taiwan…both militarily and strategically (sanctions)

The conclusion was that whatever the actual costs to the US, it’s peanuts compared to the accomplishment of these strategic objectives which will be reaping dividends for years to come

Ultimately the EU will shoulder most of the suffering while the US reaps the benefits

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Russian roulette ?

Russian soldiers treating ammunition just as you would expect from these masters of logistics

"This clip is going to look great on Youtube if these guys 2m in front of me blow themselves up due to stupidity haha!"

Presumably what the camera operator is thinking.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Putting aside specifics concerning Ukraine repaying the value of U.S. military aid and other details, I reached a similar conclusion. The M113 armoured personnel carriers entering service with Ukrainian forces is the best example of the U.S. emptying stocks of older equipment. In contrast to the original lend-lease (1941 - 45) program, excluding ammo and munitions, the related equipment isn't fresh off production lines.

Internationally, Bushmaster vehicles remain in production. Also, as I noted previously, pending Australian Government approval, the Hawkei will renter production, with a small number of those vehicles out of the current inventory destined for Ukraine.

But, the limited capacity of strategic airlift capabilities is the most significant hold-up outside political circles to moving supplies and equipment to Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Armenia claims at least 49 soldiers killed in clashes along border with Azerbaijan www.theguardian.com...

Looks like it's beginning to kick off again between the Armenians and Azeris last night. The conspiracy in me says what timing. Maybe a new conflict has been decided to put more pressure on Putin and his military.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I think Industrial mobilisation is too late now, the Russian military complex is running out of steam . This war will will end once Russians run out of shells and other military equipment, and it could be even in end of this year .

some 70 percent of the components used in the now-famous Kalibr cruise missile (9M729) are of foreign origin

As Ukraine counterattacks, Russia’s military facing steep artillery, resupply challenges

This invasion that started in Feb was based in the idea of quick victory, so nobody even thought will their artillery shells last . Now after 200 days they allready have problems ..

edit on 13-9-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The logistical constraints facing Ukrainian forces are why the war will last another 2 - 3 years. In July 1944, Patton's dash across France and the central Soviet onslaught look set to end the war in Europe by Christmas. But Patton's logistical tail put the brakes on his advance, and the Soviets faced similar issues. Moreover, Stalin's considerations included the post-war map of Europe and not just crushing Nazi Germany.

Furthermore, the territory regained by Ukraine will sit between areas occupied by the Russians. Therefore, the Ukrainians must add depth to their defences in those areas. They might employ civilians from the newly liberated to undertake that take. The Soviets used civilians in the same manner in the Kursk salient (1943).

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

The EU won't "suffer". There may be an unpleasant winter or two, but the Euros will be sure to take care of themselves.

In hindsight, the invasion was a grand opportunity for the EU to step up and assist the Ukrainians before the USA got involved on too large a scale. But the big powers in the EU still have a 19th-century outlook regarding eastern Europe. Their short sightedness; their potential loss. Moreover, parts of the EU that the big powers try to marginalize have come out looking like they have policies far better grounded in reality than either France or Germany.

Not a good show or look for the EU; not at all.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Russians used many sailors as infantry in World War Two.

Cheers

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join