It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well, Russian pilots flew against the UN forces in the Korean War, so maybe the Norks see this as a chance to pay off a debt.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Maybe mate.

No matter what its laughable.
If I was some proud young Russian full of youthful passion and verve I would rather suffer the loss of face in holding their hands up and saying "Ok guys, we got this wrong. Time to put a stop to things and lets work this out" than the absolute humiliation of going cap in hand to the likes of Iran and North Korea.
🤣🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

And China will supply the money. Russians will supply the men. Iran will supply the drones. North Korea will supply I guess, the slogans.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: manofrightiousness

And China will supply the money.

So they will endanger the huge amounts of money it generates from US and NATO aligned markets and investments?

Russians will supply the men.

Shamefully like we haven't moved on from WWI & WWII?

Iran will supply the drones.

Top of the range, cutting edge technology then?

North Korea will supply I guess, the slogans.

Historically thats one thing Russia can manage quite succesfully by themselves.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Looks like life is going to be very bad for this guy. It appears he will die a very slow death as punishment at the hands of Russians.

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: manofrightiousness

People like that who like to cause people pain and anguish are usually cowards. I am not surprised that he surrendered instead of fighting to the death like he claimed he would in his videos.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   
11 August Update

Key Takeaways

* The US State Department called on Russian forces to cease all military activity surrounding the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) amidst new reports of shelling at the ZNPP.

* Russian forces conducted ground attacks east of Siversk and northeast and southeast of Bakhmut.

* Russian forces continued ground attacks on the north and southwestern outskirts of Donetsk City.

* Ukrainian officials confirmed additional Ukrainian strikes on Russian command posts and ammunition depots along the Southern Axis.

* Russia’s Khabarovsk Krai is forming two new volunteer battalions.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Here is an interesting update from Denys Dadyrov in Ukraine, though I don't know why he spells Russians as Ruzzians, maybe because they use the "Z" symbol on their tanks and other vehicles?

Update from Ukraine | Now Ruzzians are trapped in Kherson

Of course you have to expect a Ukrainian to be biased toward Ukraine, but when he says he doesn't believe Russia's claims about how the damage to their airport occurred from "fire safety violations", I have to agree with him that explantion is not credible. Some people have claimed the satellite photos of airport destruction are photoshopped, but those claims could be Russian propaganda. Those photos show that separate aircraft in separate parts of the air base were damaged, and he mentions estimates ranging from 9 to over 20 damaged aircraft. That's too many and too far apart to be the result of a single accident/explosion. But nobody knows how it happened, whether it was some kind of sabotage by the Ghosts of Ukraine or what. It's out of range of the publicly known HIMARs rockets, but perhaps not out of range of longer range versions which he said in another video have not officially been delivered to Ukraine yet.

He talks about Ukraine attacking Kherson, but he thinks they would need to attack soon before the winter weather sets in and he doesn't think they will because they don't have the lend-lease weapons yet, due in October. I had to look that up:

Biden Signs Lend-Lease Act to Supply More Security Assistance to Ukraine

So I'm not sure what he's really saying here, sounds like he thinks it might be too late to attack in October when they finally get the lend-lease weaponry needed for the attack?

He also talks about the dangers of the "Zaporizhzhia" nuclear plant which he points out is pretty far from "Zaporizhzhia" and is actually located near Enerhodar. Some of the threats from Russia about causing a nuclear disaster if they can't have the nuclear plant, nobody can, are truly outrageous and the fallout would affect Europe beyond Ukraine so there is international concern about this.

I like the way he zooms in and out of the maps so I can know where in the big picture he is looking at when he zooms in...I wish SpeakTheTruth guy would do something like that, it can be hard to follow where he's talking about since he seems to skip the zoom in part.

Speaking of SpeakTheTruth, he mentioned this video from the Russian embassy a while back and he didn't know if it was a fake...well apparently it did come from the Russian Embassy but it is trolling, implying that we should move to Russia because they have beautiful women and their economy is doing fine despite thousands of sanctions. William Spaniel on youtube claimed Putin was partly keeping the Russian economy going through depleting some of his "rainy day fund" which stood at $643.2 Billion in February 2022. In 5 months Russia spent $75 billion but the West put $300 billion on hold, so they only have $268 billion left. So if the burn rate is $75 billion every 5 months, you can guess about how long the remaining $268 billion will last, right?

Time to move to Russia? Moscow releases controversial video

As appealing as "no cancel culture" sounds, I think I'll pass, and that $268 billion won't last forever at the rate they are spending it, so their economy is not really doing so well with the sanctions, not to mention they have been scavenging chips from washing machines to try to repair the electronics in their war machines like tanks.

Why the Russian Economy Is in Deep Trouble- by William Spaniel

Time index 12:17 showing the depleting "rainy day fund" in Russia.

By the way, Oliver Stone interviewed Putin back in 2015-2017 and asked a lot about Crimea, Ukraine and other topics, I think the interviews aired on Showtime back in 2017. I didn't have much interest back then in what Putin said, but given the war now, I have much more interest, so I watched those interviews recently and they were fascinating. It was apparent Putin was interested in how he's going to be remembered when he's gone, and he was probably going for a "Peter the Great" type of remembrance, but unfortunately he believed too much of his own propaganda so made some miscalculations, and I think history will record his Ukraine invasion as backfiring on him, even causing formerly neutral countries like Sweden and Finland to join NATO. If you get a chance to watch the interviews you might find them interesting, as I did:

The Putin Interviews

edit on 2022812 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Re: aircraft damage. Noteworthy those aircraft were in revetments. Those should have contained a fuel explosion. No, something more active than poor operational safety hit that base very hard.

"Too late to attack in October" might refer to the rainy season, which makes cross country maneuver difficult.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Medvedev blames Ukraine for attacking their own nuke plant,and seems to be making some veiled threats about "accidents" happening in nuke reactors outside of Ukraine-

Source:
Medvedev on Telegram
Details:
The deputy head of the Security Council of the Russian Federation blamed the shelling of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) on the Ukrainian military.
According to him, "missiles and shells are getting closer to the reactor of the Zaporizhzhia NPP and to the radioactive isotope storage facilities".
Quote from Medvedev:
"They say it's Russia. It's an obvious, 100% lie, even for the stupid Russophobic public.
Even the UN doesn't believe it.They say that it happens accidentally. They allegedly didn't want it. What can you say...
It should not be forgotten that the European Union also has nuclear power plants. And accidents are also possible there."

www.pravda.com.ua...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Oh. Like "Mind how you go, accidents do happen..."

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Im not really seeing the logic in his comments-Because Ukraine are supposedly shelling their own nuke power station,the rest of Europes reactors may suffer "accidents"

I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

he means FSB engineered accidents.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
12 August Update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces conducted ground attacks east of Siversk and northeast and southeast of Bakhmut.

* Russian forces conducted ground attacks southwest and northwest of Donetsk City.

* Ukrainian forces destroyed the last functioning bridge Russian forces used to transport military equipment near the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant.

* Ukrainian officials confirmed additional Ukrainian strikes on Russian ammunition depots and a logistics point in Kherson Oblast.

* Russian regional officials may be misrepresenting percentage fill of newly formed volunteer battalions.

* Ukrainian partisans are likely targeting Russian occupation officials and Ukrainian collaborators who are preparing for the sham annexation referenda to disrupt the Russian annexation of occupied Ukraine.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Vasyl Myroshnychenko, Ukraine's ambassador to Australia and now New Zealand, continues with his highly effective messaging on behalf of his country. The likelihood of New Zealand directly supplying Ukraine with military equipment is low, for the NZDF doesn't have sufficient war reserves for future contingencies. However, if the New Zealand Army maintains a surplus of Lightly Armored Vehicles, Ukraine might receive a small number of them.

But Vasyl's comments concerning postwar reconstruction are fascinating, and they display a Churchill-like faith in victory. Nevertheless, the concept of the international community adapting regional areas in Ukraine opens up challenging issues. Moreover, institutional corruption in Ukraine would undermine the rebuilding of that country.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
13 August Update

Key Takeaways

* Ukrainian forces are continuing efforts to disrupt Russian ground lines of communication (GLOCs) that support Russian forces on the right bank of the Dnipro River.

* Russian forces may be reprioritizing efforts in northeastern Donetsk Oblast in order to draw Ukrainian attention away from the Southern Axis.

* Russian forces conducted limited ground attacks northwest of Slovyansk, east of Siversk, and south and east of Bakhmut.

* Russian forces conducted a limited ground assault north of Kharkiv City.

* Russian and Ukrainian authorities accused each other of shelling the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant.

* Russian authorities are failing to pay Russian reservists and members of volunteer units for service in Ukraine.

* Russian-backed occupation authorities are likely dealing with internal challenges that are complicating efforts to administer occupation regimes and institute restoration projects in decimated areas of Donbas.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   
A follow up from last post concerning New Zealand's support for Ukraine:

We have been clear that a blatant attack on a country's sovereignty and the subsequent loss of innocent lives is wrong and intolerable.

"It will be similar to the previous artillery training deployment from May, although at a much larger scale, and this deployment will be focused on infantry training."

Henare said the training would be done only at four locations in the UK, with New Zealand personnel not entering Ukraine.

The decision brings the total number of NZDF personnel deployed to support Ukraine in the war to 224, a comparable amount to partner nations like Denmark (130) and Sweden (120), Ardern said.

article

In light of the New Zealand Army's personnel shortage, I wonder how sustainable a company-level deployment to the UK is in the long term. Also, the logistical reasoning behind not dispatching Lightly Armoured vehicles is strange. The option of cannibalising vehicles for spare parts was ignored, and sending unused equipment to Ukraine would have potentially freed up NZDF personnel for regional contingencies closer to home.

edit on 15-8-2022 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo
If they got Putins Chef in the attack,that is a pretty darned high value target.
Oh well putin could do with losing a few pounds.
Or if he doesn't want his buddies to keep getting killed,he could just stop sending them to invading the neighbors.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

putin has no real buddies. he has useful idiots.

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join